Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-20-17, 12:54 AM
Varsity

TurkeyTalk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
The Best thing they could do, is let Ogdan Coach and be Principal

Ogdan was a hell of coach and one of the best football minds i've had the pleasure to talk to.

He has a deep personal connection with Alex Wanstrath who was the DC when Loveland won their state title and is now linebackers coach at Mason. Would not be surprised to see his name in the mix with new staff, future head coach in waiting.
Old 03-20-17, 06:43 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyTalk View Post
Ogdan was a hell of coach and one of the best football minds i've had the pleasure to talk to.

He has a deep personal connection with Alex Wanstrath who was the DC when Loveland won their state title and is now linebackers coach at Mason. Would not be surprised to see his name in the mix with new staff, future head coach in waiting.
Unfortunately Alex has no head coaching experience, which Princeton was looking for. They wanted at least 3-5 years head coaching experience, OR college coaching experience (which they added to the job posting once Mike Daniels reached out). Mike will be accepting the job today.
Old 03-20-17, 06:47 AM
All American

marvinlewis08 is on a distinguished road
Mike Dyer of Channel 9 has posted on Twitter that the job will be announced on Wed.
Old 03-20-17, 09:39 AM
All Ohio

LHS WRESTLING is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Like I said in an earlier post, the administration at Princeton High School is a mess!
Administration is NOT a mess at Princeton. It is fine...they bring back Jill Phillips, hired Pat McLaughlin. You don't know what you are talking about. Ogden has done an amazing job at the high school.
Old 03-20-17, 10:49 AM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Like I said in an earlier post, the administration at Princeton High School is a mess!
All Winton woods backers are still upset that the mess up Administration at Princeton fired Calvin and his brother in the same year. keep blaming it on the administration its hillarious
Old 03-20-17, 01:11 PM
All World

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes 87 View Post
All Winton woods backers are still upset that the mess up Administration at Princeton fired Calvin and his brother in the same year. keep blaming it on the administration its hillarious
Could really care less about the firing, esp. the one for girls bball. You can play it off all you want about administration being a mess. Croley a great guy but not getting things done.
Old 03-20-17, 01:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Could really care less about the firing, esp. the one for girls bball. You can play it off all you want about administration being a mess. Croley a great guy but not getting things done.
Boys football, girls basketball, boys basketball all made great hires. Administration is NOT a mess, they made those 3 hires all within the same year.
Old 03-20-17, 01:20 PM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
How can you say that he hired a coach that went 6-4 in his first year as head coach in football. also brought back a state championship girls basketball coach that won 14 league games in her first year with the same talent that the previous coach had . his mens basketball hire seems to be good jury is still out . croley is not the best A.D but has improved the past few years when his hands hasnt been tied do to budget cuts .
Old 03-21-17, 08:18 AM
Varsity

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=JetSweepAudible22;6731683 Mike will be accepting the job today.[/QUOTE]

Hmm that has come and passed, if that were true, why are there interviews taking place today?
Old 03-21-17, 11:43 AM
All District

red123
Possibly two things. Maybe Princeton can't justify big money for non teacher. Maybe Daniels sees that the money will grow larger at college level?
Old 03-21-17, 11:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
Hmm that has come and passed, if that were true, why are there interviews taking place today?
There are no interviews today.
Old 03-21-17, 11:57 AM
Varsity

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
There are no interviews today.
Guess you don't consider a meeting with the superintendent an interview
Old 03-21-17, 12:16 PM
All District

red123
Makes no sense to offer someone last week and meet with another coach today. I guess I am missing something here.
Old 03-22-17, 06:34 AM
All District

red123
Sorry Nati, gotta side with JETSWEEP on this one. Check the twitter acct of Daniels. Hasn't updated all week and has followed the administration at Princeton.

Kind of obvious the job was offered and accepted. According to twitter I would be willing to guess Daniels has already asked Beauchamp to be his O Coordinator.
Nati...if the supt. did meet with someone yesterday....that Supt has some huge integrity issues.

Last edited by red123; 03-22-17 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-22-17, 12:06 PM
Freshman

GapDownBacker is on a distinguished road
Worst kept secret. Been known since last week.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...oach/99493152/
Old 03-24-17, 07:04 PM
Junior Varsity

wolvey15 is on a distinguished road
Thats a good pick for Princeton, and he said he is there to stay.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-17, 07:30 PM
All World

Peterson is on a distinguished road
Coach Daniels: "Raise your hand in here if you HATE Colerain"

Old 03-27-17, 06:29 AM
All World

Wahoo Sam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterson View Post
Coach Daniels: "Raise your hand in here if you HATE Colerain"

As a Colerain Guy, I don't mind Princeton or any other GMC school "hating" us. They should after the beating we have inflicted on all of them since joining the GMC. No one hated Milford when they were in the Conference. Hell we all hated to see them go.

But, you better respect Colerain. Our play will demand your respect.

I think Daniels is a great hire. He has his work cut out for him though
Old 05-12-17, 11:01 AM
Freshman

IlikeOooWeeeFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces dad View Post
What kid would that be. Winton Woods corners struggled last year, eventhough they were pretty young.
Maybe I was watching a different games than you guys. I did not see the corners struggling. I seen the LINEBACKERS letting people get past them which made our safeties do some work. Since we were missing the #7 kid players were able to score. Our corners are solid they are very physical but they do their job. Q. Smith #5 does not let anyone get past him with his speed and Meechie #14 might get twisted up every once in the while but is a solid player. So if you want to say someone struggled I would say the linebackers struggled until they received help from GIST (and he was not running the elementary plays he was just hitting anything that move). I would also say the Safeties struggled because if you review the film most touchdowns were being covered by them.
Old 05-12-17, 11:10 AM
Freshman

IlikeOooWeeeFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Gianni Gamble didn't struggle at Safety in the least bit. Just missed a couple of games because he gave himself a concussion. He's going to be a beast next season.
Gianni is very good and is a ball hawk but he does not have the speed to cover east and west so the other safety spot was a weak spot. He struggled in the beginning. We need another safety and the linebacker core will let a back run right passed them.
Old 05-12-17, 11:12 AM
All District

Heard Mike has already ruffled some feathers by changing the summer schedule. Parents weren't too happy at the recent parent meeting.
Old 05-12-17, 11:57 AM
Freshman

GapDownBacker is on a distinguished road
Even though he was only an asst college coach for a cpl years.....college coaches have no idea how to deal with high school parents......get ready for a bumpy learning process.
Old 05-13-17, 08:25 AM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Heard Mike has already ruffled some feathers by changing the summer schedule. Parents weren't too happy at the recent parent meeting.
heard the same thing..... BUT I did hear that there were some parents VERY happy that he was honest and up front with it instead of on the fly... and I guess he already told them if they plan to touch the field had better be at summer workouts told them to get the ride situation figured out now
Old 05-13-17, 09:00 AM
All District

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Pat Mancuso is not still living is he? And did his departure coincide with Princetons fall from the elite? And boy were they elite.
Old 05-16-17, 09:15 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Parents kill me. They complain when the team sucks and want the coach fired, but when the coach makes demands and makes the necessary changes to have the proper results they complain. How about holding the kids accountable? Demand some discipline! Make them do the extra work in the summer time?? Parents: Make the sacrifices with YOUR kids and for YOUR community and PROGRAM! Wanna be a Colerain??? Do what Colerain Does! That's a start!

Good for Coach Daniels. Can't please them all.