Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-20-17, 09:36 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvey15 View Post
Another tuff schedule, I see all the local Schools MTH,Harrison,Ross,Lakota E,Lakota W,Colerain,Northwest,Fairfield,Middletown and Princeton are still scared to play WW. In 2018 some of these schools will not be able to run and hide any more. If WW gets voted into 1 of the 2 leauges they are applying for.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I don't think any of those schools are "scared" to play Winton Woods, maybe Harrison and Ross, but the other schools would be crazy to play Winton Woods. They are a city league all star team with kids from all those places on their team. There are Colerain/Northwest, West Chester, Fairfield, Mount Healthy and Middletown kids playing for Winton Woods. That's why they won't schedule them, not because they are "scared."
Old 03-20-17, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post
I don't think any of those schools are "scared" to play Winton Woods, maybe Harrison and Ross, but the other schools would be crazy to play Winton Woods. They are a city league all star team with kids from all those places on their team. There are Colerain/Northwest, West Chester, Fairfield, Mount Healthy and Middletown kids playing for Winton Woods. That's why they won't schedule them, not because they are "scared."
Lol. I wish WW had players from some of the above School Districts.
Old 03-21-17, 12:26 PM
All District

wideout4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Simply not true
Old 03-21-17, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Even if your claims were accurate, and they're not, what does it have to do with scheduling WW? I'm not following you.
Old 03-21-17, 03:39 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Lol. I wish WW had players from some of the above School Districts.
Which ones haven't they had players from?
Old 03-21-17, 04:31 PM
Junior Varsity

wolvey15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Weather yes or not,if WW has kids from those school districts,(which I don't think they do). That does not prove that these schools are scared to play WW,hell if you had kids from my District,that would make me want to play you even more! The above schools are all in a 5-20 mile radius of WW. The numbers of fans at the games would be beneficial for both schoools in home and home games

Old 03-21-17, 04:40 PM
Junior Varsity

WW was scheduled to play Mt Healthy,in 2017,but after their JV and freshman lost to WW the A.D called and cancelled the game!

Old 03-22-17, 07:48 AM
All District

Some of you act like we get the best from those districts when that is not the case, have kids come from other districts yes but you making it seem like we getting game changers from all over the city.
Old 03-22-17, 09:50 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Even if your claims were accurate, and they're not, what does it have to do with scheduling WW? I'm not following you.
Why would it make any sense for Krause, Crouch or any of those other coaches to schedule a team that has kids from their districts on the opposing team? I guess you don't see that?
Old 03-22-17, 10:36 AM
All District

Quote:
Why would it make any sense for Krause, Crouch or any of those other coaches to schedule a team that has kids from their districts on the opposing team? I guess you don't see that?
They beat them before folks act like winton woods is unbeatable, whats wrong with competition?? and playing a hard fought tough game? Most of the kids grew up playing with or against each other it could be a good backyard brawl but I guess they are scared of the one player that's on the team from open enrollment please smh
Old 03-22-17, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Which ones haven't they had players from?
I think you should be asking which of those schools have had kids from WW? So I would have to say it happens a little on both sides. Not very significant though.
Old 03-22-17, 10:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
That is a laughable statement!! Why would any coach schedule play anybody else? I want some names of all the players WW is suppose to get.
Old 03-22-17, 10:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvey15 View Post
WW was scheduled to play Mt Healthy,in 2017,but after their JV and freshman lost to WW the A.D called and cancelled the game!

This is true.
Old 03-22-17, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think you should be asking which of those schools have had kids from WW? So I would have to say it happens a little on both sides. Not very significant though.
Never said otherwise. Just commenting on your insinuation that WW doesn't get any.
Old 03-22-17, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Never said otherwise. Just commenting on your insinuation that WW doesn't get any.
I only did that because people in general always say WW has ALL these transfer kids. And I sit back and count them, and it's usually not what people say it is. But anyways, is Cox still good shape over there? Or is he on the block?
Old 03-22-17, 12:37 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
They won't becouse they are simply scared to play them
If kids are at WW,from other districts,that has nothing to do with scheduling games,unless the schools are just simply scared to play them. That was shown to be tru when MTH,cancealed the Varsity game after thier freshman and JV teams lost to WW. All those Schools that were just named all had games out of there conference so it was not a schedule problem it was a scared to play you issue

Old 03-22-17, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I only did that because people in general always say WW has ALL these transfer kids. And I sit back and count them, and it's usually not what people say it is. But anyways, is Cox still good shape over there? Or is he on the block?
For better or worse he's just fine LOL. He'll be there as long as he wants to be.
Old 03-22-17, 02:36 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
No dog in the fight here but Winton Woods used to beat Mt. Healthy pretty convincingly back in the QCC days.

I would guess that the overall record favors the Warriors pretty well.
Old 03-22-17, 07:27 PM
All District

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Chris Oats and Maurice Chapman are North College Hill kids.
Old 03-22-17, 08:07 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, I don't see why it matters. Do those kids have copies of the opposing team's playbook or Something?
Old 03-23-17, 08:34 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
Chris Oats and Maurice Chapman are North College Hill kids.
They live in Forest park they moved when they were going into the 9th
Old 03-23-17, 11:02 AM
All Region

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Isn't WW moving into a conference next year. With all this talk about having kids transfer into WW isn't the Winton Woods School District an open enrollment district.
Old 03-23-17, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces dad View Post
Isn't WW moving into a conference next year. With all this talk about having kids transfer into WW isn't the WintonWoods School District an open enrollment district.
No. No conference anytime soon. and WW is a open enrollment school.
Old 03-23-17, 02:45 PM
Junior Varsity

Any updates on WW workouts? What the numbers are looking like?

Old 04-04-17, 11:00 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Quote:
From an outsiders perspective, if WW has these transfers from all over the city, who they are? I don't think WW has been very successful on the boys side of things in awhile. The Football Team has been about average the last few years (5-5 last year), I think Basketball only won 3 or 4 games last year, Baseball has been down for a while, Swimming is bad. Track has been OK and the Wrestling team has probably been the most successful sport at WW the last couple of years.....but that's not saying a whole lot! So I'm wondering, where are all these athletes and transfers and what have they done to help the WW athletic program? Good luck WW and all your "All Stars" over there!
Old 04-04-17, 11:55 AM
All Yappi

[QUOTE=Unstacked;6742752]From an outsiders perspective, if WW has these transfers from all over the city, who they are? I don't think WW has been very successful on the boys side of things in awhile. The Football Team has been about average the last few years (5-5 last year), I think Basketball only won 3 or 4 games last year, Baseball has been down for a while, Swimming is bad. Track has been OK and the Wrestling team has probably been the most successful sport at WW the last couple of years.....but that's not saying a whole lot! So I'm wondering, where are all these athletes and transfers and what have they done to help the WW athletic program? Good luck WW and all your "All Stars" over there! [/QUOTE

you are off in your assessment.]
Old 04-04-17, 01:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstacked View Post
From an outsiders perspective, if WW has these transfers from all over the city, who they are? I don't think WW has been very successful on the boys side of things in awhile. The Football Team has been about average the last few years (5-5 last year), I think Basketball only won 3 or 4 games last year, Baseball has been down for a while, Swimming is bad. Track has been OK and the Wrestling team has probably been the most successful sport at WW the last couple of years.....but that's not saying a whole lot! So I'm wondering, where are all these athletes and transfers and what have they done to help the WW athletic program? Good luck WW and all your "All Stars" over there!
Track has been very successful over the years. Boys B Ball isn't that far removed from a District Title. Football plays one of the toughest schedules in Division 2. WW football may not win like people think they should but they compete well and get a lot of young men to college. No D2 team in this area wants to play WW.
Old 04-05-17, 09:57 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
When was that last BBALL title...a half decade ago??? Football may have a tough schedule, but they have been been average based off their record. Every other Boys sport at WW plays and competes against D1 schools and in the D1 playoffs.
Old 04-05-17, 07:31 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout4life View Post
They live in Forest park they moved when they were going into the 9th
Uh yeah right and the Easter bunny will be here soon. Woods is a Cincy public all-star team formed to compete against the Cincy private all-star teams.
Old 04-05-17, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh yeah right and the Easter bunny will be here soon. Woods is a Cincy public all-star team formed to compete against the Cincy private all-star teams.
They're 35-23 and have won 2 playoff games in 6 seasons...in D2. The only team they "compete" against is LaSalle.

But assuming you're right, you shouldn't have any trouble listing off the players, and where they currently live then.

Go.