Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-14-17, 10:03 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
Maybe not you, but several have posted about how bad the show is in their eyes for a long time. Ive stopped watching shows before when they dropped in quality. Thats my suggestion. much easier than continuing to watch just for the sake of it. And while that should be the goal for some shows, I totally understand and am ok with them going along with the comic. Theyre bringing the comic books to life. This isnt an independent show.
I mirror Sykotyk's position. I'm close to dropping this show as several other series have become much more entertaining for me. But I've been watching since the start and I have never read the comic so I'm curious to see how it ends. So for me it's a balance of time invested to date versus time I'm willing to invest going forward. And the balance is almost at a tipping point.

The other factor is that IMO the quality has slowly but steadily degraded since the first couple of excellent seasons. More recently the drop off in quality has been startling to me. BTW, I started this thread and most of my comments up until the last few months have been very positive. My negative take has been rather recent.
Old 03-14-17, 06:22 PM
All American

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Putting Rosita back in her short shorts, crop top and bandoleers would certainly help.
Old 03-14-17, 06:33 PM
All World

Sykotyk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
In real life, Alexandria, VA got several inches of snow last night.
That's one big issue I have with the story, and I guess the comic. If anyone been to Alexandria, Virginia, this area they're at looks NOTHING like it. Secondly, it's ridiculous to think that they managed to travel that far without working gas stations, roads of consistent impassibility, the distance needed to travel, and the routes they'd need to take and the cities they'd travel through.

It's much more believable that they're only 50-60 miles outside the 285 loop around Atlanta. Such as northeast of Athens, Georgia, southwest of Augusta or so. That would make sense. It would also fit quite well with the cinematography shown in the show.

Unless being near the capital is an extremely pressing point, it'd be much more believable that they didn't get far. And as the reality the world has entirely collapsed, the need to keep traveling north becomes harder. Heading due north into the southern fringe of the Appalachians and the Smoky Mountains and the western edge of North Carolina would actually work better.

At least one thing about FTWD made sense in that they headed for the water given their location.
Old 03-19-17, 09:58 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Wow, what an episode! A couple of observations:

* What have they done to Daryl? One of the coolest & baddest characters on TWD has been reduced to a sobbing wreck.

* Nice parameter defense Negan, you moron. Tell me again how this guy survived to built a bad a## organization.

* Oh and I thought the Saviors had this huge army that was unassailable! Based on those two lady's walking right up to Negans front door (er gate) and busting in it looks like Richard from the "Kingdom" was right. A sudden concentrated attack on Negans stronghold and it's goodby Negan.

* Oh and while we're on the topic of Sasha & Rosie setting up that awesome sniper position looking down on Negan's main compound someone needs to explain to the ladies that when you're staking a guy out to shoot him one of you has to be looking out the window at all times to see if your target shows up. You both can't be sitting there having a girl to girl chat about past boyfriends & lost love while Negan goes in & out of the building.
Old 03-19-17, 10:33 PM
All American

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
OK, I know it is a minor detail but it distracted me to the extent I could not enjoy the episode. That "knot" Sasha wanted to learn was so incredibly BS. Did anmyone else catch it? She simply made a "bite" (thats a bend in the rope) and went around and through to make a "knot" that any three year old could make. In fact, it is the type of knot that one makes by mistake when they are trying to tie a real knot that can actually be used for something. That "knot" is easier than tying one's shoe laces.

So lame!
Old 03-20-17, 06:48 AM
All American

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
OK, I know it is a minor detail but it distracted me to the extent I could not enjoy the episode. That "knot" Sasha wanted to learn was so incredibly BS. Did anmyone else catch it? She simply made a "bite" (thats a bend in the rope) and went around and through to make a "knot" that any three year old could make. In fact, it is the type of knot that one makes by mistake when they are trying to tie a real knot that can actually be used for something. That "knot" is easier than tying one's shoe laces.

So lame!
Yeah but it looked cool lol.
Old 03-20-17, 08:45 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Yeah no kidding, at least have her tie a running bowline.

Did Jesus come out of the closet early on? If so why are they insistent upon forcing that crap on us? There is just no need.
Old 03-20-17, 11:54 AM
All World

Spille is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately, I saw enough of the episode to see Sasha and Rosita crying over Abe and talking about past relationships. I had to turn it off after that to focus on the games.

Did Jesus really come out of the closet? I was curious if he ever would becuase his character was gay in the comic. Gimple has a huge obsession with the comic which has aided in the show going downhill.
Old 03-21-17, 10:23 AM
All American

4cards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Unfortunately, I saw enough of the episode to see Sasha and Rosita crying over Abe and talking about past relationships. I had to turn it off after that to focus on the games.

Did Jesus really come out of the closet? I was curious if he ever would becuase his character was gay in the comic. Gimple has a huge obsession with the comic which has aided in the show going downhill.
...I have watched every episode of TWD and they are starting to lose me as a fan. Every week is about a different character the entire show (this week Sasha and Rosita) and it might all be about $$$$$. If they do a show with just a few characters in it with speaking lines, then that's all they have to pay but it sucks for the viewers because while they have us walk through these characters lives for the entire hour, it makes me want to shut it off!
Old 03-21-17, 01:57 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Yes, he did. It was funny because when he was in the room with Maggie, someone I was watching it with wondered if he was going to hook up with Maggie and my response was I doubt it because I think that he is going to come out as gay on this show. Just a few minutes passed before he made the comment about not being able to get close to a boyfriend.
Old 03-21-17, 02:00 PM
Go Buckeyes

I thought Sunday's episode was weak for the same reasons as lotr10 posted. It just doesn't make sense that their defense is so weak that two people could be in a building able to take out any person they wanted. And why didn't they wait for another opportunity instead of having to go inside.

The show is still interesting to me but I wish the writers would be a little more critical in their thought process to understand what is possible and what takes a huge mental leap to believe in their stories.
Old 03-21-17, 02:12 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Yes, he did. It was funny because when he was in the room with Maggie, someone I was watching it with wondered if he was going to hook up with Maggie and my response was I doubt it because I think that he is going to come out as gay on this show. Just a few minutes passed before he made the comment about not being able to get close to a boyfriend.
I'm a left leaning individual but most gay people would tell you that was gay.

Like I said before, I no longer am glued to the TV like I used to be. It was subtle but I thought I heard him make the "boyfriend" comment. But as I stated before there is just no need at this point. I do not care if he is gay or straight but why now? We have already had at least 4 gay characters. Maybe next season Eugene can come out transgender and demand his own bathroom. Things just do not add up anymore. Too many subplots. You no longer relate to characters.

But I'm so darn invested.
Old 03-21-17, 02:42 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cards View Post
...I have watched every episode of TWD and they are starting to lose me as a fan. Every week is about a different character the entire show (this week Sasha and Rosita) and it might all be about $$$$$. If they do a show with just a few characters in it with speaking lines, then that's all they have to pay but it sucks for the viewers because while they have us walk through these characters lives for the entire hour, it makes me want to shut it off!
I said the same thing to my wife a couple of weeks ago. We concluded the actress who plays Rosita must not make as much money per episode as the rest of the cast because she's one character that seems to have been in almost every episode in this half of the season.
Old 03-21-17, 03:00 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
But I'm so darn invested.
That is the biggest draw for me. I've spent so much time watching this that I just don't feel like I can stop watching. It's a big part of why I watch "Fear The Walking Dead" also.

I think the storyline is a great idea and they got it out there first, so I'm going to follow it to its conclusion. Hopefully they don't drag it on indefinitely.
Old 03-21-17, 03:49 PM
All World

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I thought Sunday's episode was weak for the same reasons as lotr10 posted. It just doesn't make sense that their defense is so weak that two people could be in a building able to take out any person they wanted. And why didn't they wait for another opportunity instead of having to go inside.

The show is still interesting to me but I wish the writers would be a little more critical in their thought process to understand what is possible and what takes a huge mental leap to believe in their stories.
I only caught bits and pieces of the episode as I was more interested in the basketball games but didn't Rosita and Sasha leave the building they were in because they heard over the walkie for saviors to sweep surrounding buildings looking for more walkers? I guess that's why they couldn't wait for another opportunity.

Your point is valid though, the sanctuary was supposed to be so well hidden and protected, why did they make it so easy for them to walk in without anyone noticing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: