Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Softball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-26-17, 11:11 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Suburban League American 2017

How does the SLA look for the upcoming softball season?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-17, 12:55 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Any ideas about the league?

I saw Revere tonight in a scrimmage at the Spano Dome. At least I think it was their varsity as the two teams were just finishing up as I got there.
Old 03-19-17, 09:11 PM
Freshman

Willie the Wimp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Any ideas about the league?

I saw Revere tonight in a scrimmage at the Spano Dome. At least I think it was their varsity as the two teams were just finishing up as I got there.
That was revere. Tied Manchester 5-5. Revere led for 4 or 5 innings then changed to a freshman pitcher. Couple of walks, couple of errors led to the tie. I was told they beat Mogadore 11-2 on Thursday.

Highland is the class of the league. Very good pitcher and a couple of good hitters.. Tallmadge should be good as the kids who went to the LLWS a few years back should be sophomores and Junirs now.. I think Revere and Aurora have new coaches. Barberton has a couple of good position players but not sure about their pitching. Don't know anything about Copley or Kent.
Old 03-27-17, 02:36 PM
All Ohio

Airborne88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie the Wimp View Post
That was revere. Tied Manchester 5-5. Revere led for 4 or 5 innings then changed to a freshman pitcher. Couple of walks, couple of errors led to the tie. I was told they beat Mogadore 11-2 on Thursday.

Highland is the class of the league. Very good pitcher and a couple of good hitters.. Tallmadge should be good as the kids who went to the LLWS a few years back should be sophomores and Junirs now.. I think Revere and Aurora have new coaches. Barberton has a couple of good position players but not sure about their pitching. Don't know anything about Copley or Kent.
Tallmadge will be young, but should have good balance. The LLWS girls are Sophomores and Freshman. They have 2 sophomore pitchers, a freshman catcher, senior 1B, Junior 2B, Senior SS, Junior 3B, a senior and 2 sophomore in the outfield. Some other role players are mixed across sophomore, junior and senior classes. I am a little biased but I think the sophomores who all pay top level travel ball should compete fairly well at the varsity level.

A few key points to watch will be hitting throughout the lineup. If we can get some production from the bottom then we will be successful. There is a lot of balance on the team so they will be competitive in most games.

The pitchers and catcher have been working together for many years, so that should speed up how well the batteries work together.

How well the infield plays will set the tone. It is unlikely that our pitches will consistently strike out a lot of batters, but they will induce a lot of weakly hit balls so it will be up to the infield to make the routine plays.
Old 04-06-17, 03:09 PM
All Ohio

Tallmadge beat Barberton 8-1.
Old 04-13-17, 12:45 PM
All Ohio

Great game last night, that ended in a heartbreaking way for Tallmadge. Tallmadge took a 3-1 lead into the 7th inning. With two outs and an 0-2 count Highland hit a 2-run home run to tie the game, then win it in the 8th. Two evenly matched teams. Rematch should be fun.
Old 04-19-17, 01:32 PM
All Ohio

Wonder where we could find official records.
Old 04-26-17, 09:15 AM
All Ohio

Tallmadge League Record is 10-1, with loss to Highland
Highland League Record is 9-2, with losses to Aurora and Revere
Revere League Record is 6-4, with losses to Barberton, Tallmadge and Highland
Aurora League Record is 7-5, with losses to Revere (2), Highland and Tallmadge

Last edited by Airborne88; 05-09-17 at 11:51 AM..
Old 05-09-17, 11:56 AM
All Ohio

Tallmadge Walked Off in the bottom of the 7th to beat Aurora and guarantee at least a share of the Suburban League title. Big game between Tallmadge and Highland tonight to determine if there is a league champ or Co-Champs. If Tallmadge wins, they are the champs. If Highland wins they are co-Champs even though Highland would have won both games. No tie breakers in SL, all determined by league record.