Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-17-17, 08:54 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
All the Marbles: Dunbar v. Trotwood, Part 2

Dunbar v. Trotwood part 2! Biggest tournament game in Ohio this weekend regardless of division and no one has started a thread? SMH..... guess I will,
Trotwood has beat Dunbar the last 2 times they've played so actually this is part 3 but the stakes are higher for this one. The Rams won by 15 at home late in the season but it was at home, This time it's a neutral site. Trotwood's been on a mission all year and arguably the best team in Ohio regardless of division. Is there any school or coach in Ohio who has been in this position more than Dunbars' head coach the great Pete Pullen? He's seasoned and his team is more than ready to avenge that loss to Trotwood. Both teams are top 5 teams in Ohio both teams have D1 and under ballplayers and athletes all over the floor. So here we go with a trip to Columbus on the line, what say you?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-17, 09:02 AM
All Region

bdill100 is on a distinguished road
I think Trotwood will win, but it wouldn't surprise me if Dunbar pulls off the upset. 89-81 Trotwood is my prediction
Old 03-17-17, 09:34 AM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdill100 View Post
I think Trotwood will win, but it wouldn't surprise me if Dunbar pulls off the upset. 89-81 Trotwood is my prediction
literally was thinking the same score. I'm going with Dunbar though. I respect Peter Pullin. Has been a great coach at Dunbar. Not a fan of Rocky at Twood. Doesn't really coach during games. Just sits on bench and watches.
Old 03-17-17, 09:52 AM
All Region

bdill100 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
literally was thinking the same score. I'm going with Dunbar though. I respect Peter Pullin. Has been a great coach at Dunbar. Not a fan of Rocky at Twood. Doesn't really coach during games. Just sits on bench and watches.
Do you know if the game will be on the radio?
Old 03-17-17, 12:33 PM
All American

D4fan is on a distinguished road
I have not seen Dunbar, but Trotwood is playing very well right now, and with the style of Dunbar, Trotwood wins if pace is fast IMO.

That said, I expect Dunbar to offer a wrinkle or two that is not expected, and Trotwood will have to respond. This is the kind of matchup that only happens every few years when this much is on the line.
Old 03-17-17, 04:41 PM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post

You may have a point, but Rocky's team plays much harder at the defensive end of the floor. For that reason, Trotwood again.
Old 03-17-17, 05:24 PM
All Region

Yuckmouth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseball View Post
You may have a point, but Rocky's team plays much harder at the defensive end of the floor. For that reason, Trotwood again.
For that reason???? "Sounds a little irrational". Kids play hard because of every thing that's at stake. Win or go home! You shouldn't have to motivate anybody at this time of year.
Old 03-18-17, 02:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckmouth View Post
For that reason???? "Sounds a little irrational". Kids play hard because of every thing that's at stake. Win or go home! You shouldn't have to motivate anybody at this time of year.

Seen both several times this season. Dunbar is a great offensive team, but they don't play hard consistently at the defensive end of the floor. Every time that I've seen Trotwood they have played really hard. Irrational?? That's a major part of any game. Either your good defensively or not, and you don't get good playing hard whenever you feel like it. Love Dunbar's big four, but they don't guard all the time. And, Trotwood can really score the ball also.
Old 03-18-17, 04:21 PM
All Region

Wow. I never expected it to be that one sided. I still think Dunbar is really good. Trotwood is at a whole other level. Just consider the number of easy buckets Trotwood got compared to Dunbar. I can't imagine anyone at the State beating them.