Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-18-17, 02:13 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
"The 100"

Is anyone else watching this show? I know at least one other person mentioned this show on here in another thread.

I've been binge watching it over the last couple months. I'm somewhere in the middle of the 3rd season. It's not a great show but I really do like the concept behind it.

There are plenty of points that it really reminds me of "The Walking Dead". The acting isn't always the greatest. The storylines are similar in that they are battling with other groups for scarce resources and fear of the unknown with only a tiny fraction of the planet's population remaining. Some of the decisions they make on the show are a little hard to take.

It's not a bad show. Seems if they had tightened up some of their writing, this show could/would be really good. The lead actress kind of drives me crazy. She is very similar to Rick Grimes from TWD in that she is viewed as a leader but makes a ton of bad decisions but somehow things eventually work out for her.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-17, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
I love it. Great show and the Walking Dead could learn a lot from the 100's story line pacing in setting up a big future conflict between opposing groups. Also, the show is quite inventive IMO.
Old 03-18-17, 03:15 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I love it. Great show and the Walking Dead could learn a lot from the 100's story line pacing in setting up a big future conflict between opposing groups. Also, the show is quite inventive IMO.
For me, it's just decent. I'm hooked enough that I need to keep watching but there are times in the show that I get frustrated with the unbelievability of it. It's similar to my frustration with TWD.

I'm at the point now that they are starting to show a little of the past and what happened 97 years ago. It's definitely making it more interesting.
Old 03-18-17, 03:42 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Good show. Does decline as seasons progress. They keep adding more to it and it sort of loses track a bit. Still it's pretty underrated.
Old 03-22-17, 12:43 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Good show. Does decline as seasons progress. They keep adding more to it and it sort of loses track a bit. Still it's pretty underrated.
I like were it's headed right now. I always have trouble with believing that people wouldn't be able to rebuild some semblance of a society. In the first season, all it showed was them in the forest. Since then, they have showed that there is some successful groups and some technology that survived.

The only issue that I have is the constant back and forth allegiances on the show. Too much flip-flopping and families turning against each other.
Old 03-22-17, 01:23 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I like were it's headed right now. I always have trouble with believing that people wouldn't be able to rebuild some semblance of a society. In the first season, all it showed was them in the forest. Since then, they have showed that there is some successful groups and some technology that survived.

The only issue that I have is the constant back and forth allegiances on the show. Too much flip-flopping and families turning against each other.
Season 2 and half of season 3 are my favorites. It doesn't start going off track until about the end of season 3 and early season 4. I still watch it, and I think it's a great premise to a show.

I don't want to give an spoilers so I will be careful how I word this... But once you find out about the City of Light and what comes of it, you think the series could end, but it doesn't. They introduce you to even more.
Old 03-22-17, 09:18 PM
Go Buckeyes

I'm probably very close to that point. I'm most of the way through season three. The City of Light has been part of the storyline but haven't gone too far in to detail.
Old 03-22-17, 09:37 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
I fell off after the end of season 2. Will likely catch up on Netflix at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: