Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-16-17, 04:15 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Agreed
Old 03-16-17, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Especially considering one's religion is nearly 100% based on where they were born.
Old 03-16-17, 04:20 PM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Christianity works for me, I wasn't talking about my belief in Jesus. I just have a hard time imagining a God that is so rigid, he'd deny access to heaven to every devout Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, etc. because they happened to pick the wrong faith.
According to the teaching of the Catholic Church, God doesn't deny access to heaven to non-Christians, non-Catholics.
Old 03-16-17, 04:36 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
So by this logic we can rape and murder or do whatever. God is pretty clear about punishment. Pretty sure that's spelled out clearly. Awfully vain of anyone to put themselves in Gods shoes lol.
The discussion was on god's love ... unconditional, we're told ... but according to your post: god's love is NOT unconditional? He punishes us for his own design defects and mistakes? He punishes us for doing what he knew we would do, because he made us that way? I wouldn't do that to my child, would you?

"Awful vain of anyone to put themselves in Gods shoes lol". That sentence makes no sense to an atheist. We don't believe in any god.

Last edited by BlackHawk; 03-16-17 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-16-17, 05:39 PM
Cooling Off

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Exactly. That's exactly what I'm saying. As much love as we have for our own children pales in comparison to God's love for his.
Yo dawg you know I love you man right? I know you are suffering and will be for the rest of eternity because that's my will but keep your chin up....cuz I got you back and love ya.
Old 03-16-17, 05:52 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
The discussion was on god's love ... unconditional, we're told ... but according to your post: god's love is NOT unconditional? He punishes us for his own design defects and mistakes? He punishes us for doing what he knew we would do, because he made us that way? I wouldn't do that to my child, would you?

"Awful vain of anyone to put themselves in Gods shoes lol". That sentence makes no sense to an atheist. We don't believe in any god.
According to me? According to the words of Jesus and the Bible Gods love is unconditional but that doesn't mean He won't cast you out of His Grace. As I stated, God cast Lucifer into the depths of Hell and he was prized and loved above all angels. Guess you missed that part.
Old 03-16-17, 05:57 PM
All World

Quote:
According to me? According to the words of Jesus and the Bible Gods love is unconditional but that doesn't mean He won't cast you out of His Grace. As I stated, God cast Lucifer into the depths of Hell and he was prized and loved above all angels. Guess you missed that part.
Again, I'm an atheist and don't believe in any of the unsupported claims made in The Bible, any more than you believe in the claims in The Koran.

I don't think we have the same definition of unconditional love.

Last edited by BlackHawk; 03-16-17 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added last sentence
Old 03-16-17, 06:18 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
Again, I'm an atheist and don't believe in any of the unsupported claims made in The Bible, any more than you believe in the claims in The Koran.
I get it. But if you're not a believer, then I guess you're out of this conversation right?
Old 03-16-17, 06:21 PM
All World

Quote:
I get it. But if you're not a believer, then I guess you're out of this conversation right?
Nah. You're stuck with me. Someone needs to ask some questions before simply accepting unsupported claims from an ancient book, written by Bronze age people that know less than today's average 8th-grader. Just because that's the book you are most familiar with, doesn't make it true.
Old 03-16-17, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
John Wayne pulled this one off at his death. Good old fashioned deathbed conversion to Catholicism.
Old 03-16-17, 09:11 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatAlum View Post
I think Hitler is a poor example. He was a horrific human being, who took his own life. At what point, in his earthly life, would he be able to become this man of God?
Hitler would have had to sincerely regretted his actions and have asked forgiveness. That is between a man and God. No other man can judge that, and no man can see another man's heart.
Old 03-16-17, 09:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
John Wayne pulled this one off at his death. Good old fashioned deathbed conversion to Catholicism.
If his heart wasn't right, a rite would make no difference
Old 03-16-17, 09:55 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Hitler would have had to sincerely regretted his actions and have asked forgiveness. That is between a man and God. No other man can judge that, and no man can see another man's heart.
His sorrow, really his horror, would have had to be almost unprecidented to make a contrition for what he did. Possible, yes, with God all things are possible, but not likely within my ability to understand.
Old 03-16-17, 10:04 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I believe Knute Rockne did the same thing. A lifetime Lutherine, I believe he converted near the end of his life. Some say Ronald Reagan converted but it appears that he just held the Catholic faith in high regard as the faith of his mother and the faith led by his ally in confronting communism, His Holiness St. John Paul II.
Old 03-16-17, 10:18 PM
All Yappi

CatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
I believe Knute Rockne did the same thing. A lifetime Lutherine, I believe he converted near the end of his life. Some say Ronald Reagan converted but it appears that he just held the Catholic faith in high regard as the faith of his mother and the faith led by his ally in confronting communism, His Holiness St. John Paul II.
Deathbed conversions to Catholicism were more common pre Vatican II. I had a grandparent, a practicing Lutheran, who allowed his children to be raised Catholic, went to his church every Sunday, converted to Catholicism in his deathbed by a relative. My mother, a devout Catholic, was really p.o.-ed about it. She admired her father's devotion to his faith...sometimes a pretty lonely activity in the world he lived in.
Old 03-17-17, 12:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
His sorrow, really his horror, would have had to be almost unprecidented to make a contrition for what he did. Possible, yes, with God all things are possible, but not likely within my ability to understand.
I believe that we are taught the ascent to faith is the result of the Holy Spirit acting on a person's heart. Some ignore it for years, to the point at which they are inured and "tone deaf". Others may be called late in life. Not for me to say.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: