Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-14-17, 12:39 PM
Varsity

Fleeced is on a distinguished road
Has anybody on this board watched Rose train/play in person? Nothing special. I know more than a few area kids that are just as fast and quick and had her in size. Decisions have consequences.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-17, 02:37 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Three backs create gaps the size of the grand canyon !

it is also harder to double team and not get burned !

Oh yeah they did get burned several times.

A quick offense will have numbers up on three backs real quick, causes players to scramble and be out of position which will cause 1v1 situations which France proved they were way better in 1v1 situations than the US was at defending them.

As above proved without a doubt Jill Ellis is OVERATED ! Needs to go
Old 03-14-17, 04:12 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeced View Post
Has anybody on this board watched Rose train/play in person? Nothing special. I know more than a few area kids that are just as fast and quick and had her in size. Decisions have consequences.
My daughter last played against CUP/Rose at the end of Rose's Junior year in high school. In my opinion, she was the best player that my daughter played against in club. My daughter played fall club soccer with Claire at OE and she was very good also.
Old 03-14-17, 04:16 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Soccer Joe

First no one said anything about Rose Playing ECNL ?

You brought that up ? Why? start more crap ?

One thing I know for sure, this city got a whole lot better when you stopped coaching, Thanks for being a good sport and knowing when to hang it up !
I believe that you have me mistaken for someone else. What team(s) do you think that I coached? Do you want to meet to discuss soccer? I'm all for that or would you rather hide behind your keyboard?
Old 03-15-17, 06:55 AM
Varsity

Almost seems UNSWT is being forced to pick players from certain regions, regardless of talent. Rose is so busy trying to be a star she forgot about those around her. Not to mention our UNSWT is all of a sudden becoming very colorful.
Old 03-15-17, 07:35 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Almost seems UNSWT is being forced to pick players from certain regions, regardless of talent. Rose is so busy trying to be a star she forgot about those around her. Not to mention our UNSWT is all of a sudden becoming very colorful.
Unless you're talking about the hideous red uniforms, and I don't believe that you are, your racism and bigotry has no place here or anywhere.

We get that you don't like Rose. I guess bagging on her is fair game though I don't necessarily agree with you. Bagging on players because of skin color isn't ever acceptable.

Last edited by Rohbino; 03-15-17 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Removed Trump & Bannon reference
Old 03-15-17, 07:58 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
agree on all accounts hating on anyone because they are different than you is stupid for any reason race religion or political affiliation all are ignorant
Old 03-15-17, 09:13 AM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Agree there is no room for bigotry here...or anywhere. Let's also keep the political snipping out of these threads as well. Plenty of places for that.
Old 03-15-17, 12:35 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Agree all. No place for bigotry or racism ANY PLACE OR TIME! Crawl back under your rock Fleeced!
Old 03-15-17, 12:38 PM
Varsity

Always goes to racism. Look in the mirror. Colorful, as in uniforms to show their glaring ineptness.
Old 03-15-17, 02:36 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Always goes to racism. Look in the mirror. Colorful, as in uniforms to show their glaring ineptness.
Not always, but the reference was vague and to deserving questioning.
Old 03-15-17, 02:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Don't be disingenuous. You were clearly referencing the racial and ethnic composition of the team.
Old 03-15-17, 04:26 PM
Varsity

You Ladies jumped on the racial component. Speaks volumes about all of you. That was not my intent. Hope and pray that none of you coach. Kids deserve better.
Old 03-15-17, 10:39 PM
Junior Varsity

Fleeced you can backtrack on your comments to try and turn this on us but you NEVER mentioned anything about uniforms. Prayers are needed for you.
Old 03-16-17, 06:13 AM
Varsity

Interesting, change the parties, racism rears it's ugly head. No deflection, you guys brought it to the table. Your leader never owns anything and continues to play the race card, so I guess this is to be expected.
Old 03-16-17, 07:08 AM
All American

Fleeced is an obtuse troll that isn't worth the time of day, folks. As is typical of racists, Fleeced makes a comment that is obviously referring to the racial makeup of the USWNT and then doesn't have enough sack to stand by those comments. He turns his comment around to make it seem as if he isn't the one that broached the issue. His mind is soft so he doesn't have enough wit to argue his viewpoint. Idiots like Fleeced think that racism is something to joke about. Again, folks, Fleeced isn't worth it. He's an ugly fool.
Old 03-16-17, 09:00 AM
Junior Varsity

Well said!
Old 03-16-17, 02:25 PM
Freshman

Pele is on a distinguished road
I like this thread to see where posters knowledge is with soccer
Believe me there are a lot of forums debating this past SheBelieves tournament.
Couple things:
Why did JE start Rose at the 11? Then Jill moved her to the 8. Second half Rose played the 10.
Second game Rose played the 8?

Why is JE trying to implement the 3-5-2? The Washington Spirit (NWSL) implemented this formation in 5 days before the NWSL Final and was successful for 123 minutes moreorless but US Soccer for 6 months now is struggling to compete offensively and defensively with the great players they have.
Finally, the Red Uniforms gotta go. I thought I was watching Russia or France. The White Kit at home would have reminded the other teams they were playing on USA soil. It might not have made a difference but at least the USA would have looked good going down in defeat!
Old 03-16-17, 04:00 PM
Varsity

WOW! I am taken aback by all the hate on this board. Not only do you posters bring up racism. Now you resort to bullying. I hope none of you coach kids.
Old 03-22-17, 04:08 PM
All American

The Buck says "it is what it is"

We all saw the same thing watching the games and everyone is afraid to speak the truth about the game.

Jill Ellis is Old same as several on this board too old to see it is time to go.

Rohbino, been around too long, stuck in the old ways cannot change with the world today, confused about it and why people cannot see it his way ?

the Game has passed you by. The way that you have always done it is not the way that it is anymore.

New things will come with change, being diverse because you are being forced to is not a good thing, put the best players on the field regaurdless what they look like America will except and support Winners no matter what they look like.

Stop being the victim and work for what you want ! it should never be handed to you !
Old 03-22-17, 05:37 PM
Varsity

OH MY!!! Another Uniform comment. Racists
Old 03-23-17, 07:51 AM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OH MY!!! Another Uniform comment. Racists
Let it go Fleeced. Repent and move on.
Old 03-23-17, 10:53 AM
All American

Rohbino
That comment about Fleeced being an ugly fool is not true !

She is the hottest thing with arm sleeve Tats I have ever seen !

WOW !
Old 03-23-17, 11:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Rohbino
That comment about Fleeced being an ugly fool is not true !

She is the hottest thing with arm sleeve Tats I have ever seen !

WOW !
I heard that you got a sleeve tattoo not too long ago. How painful was that?

Last edited by Rohbino; 03-23-17 at 12:24 PM..
Old 04-06-17, 01:30 PM
All American

In preparation for two upcoming friendlies against Russia, the U.S. women’s national team played the FC Dallas U-15 boys academy team on Sunday and fell 5-2, according to FC Dallas’ official website. This friendly came as the U.S. looked to tune up before taking on Russia on Thursday night in a friendly. Just last month the U.S. lost the SheBelieves Cup, winning the first game over Germany 1-0 before losing to England (1-0) and France (3-0). Of course, this match against the academy team was very informal and should not be a major cause for alarm. The U.S. surely wasn’t going all out, with the main goal being to get some minutes on the pitch, build chemistry when it comes to moving the ball ...
Old 04-06-17, 02:49 PM
All American

The roster was shuffled a bit for the game tonight. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Megan Rapinoe will be back. I'm not expecting a lot but she could surprise. She's been inconsistent since coming back from her ACL repair. I hope she has the decency to stand for the National Anthem tonight.

Amy Rodriguez will be back at forward as will Kealia Ohai. I like Ohai. She should be a difference in the attack. I'm not as sold on ARod. She's not a spring chicken anymore but when her form is on she is good.

Meghan Klingenberg is back as a wide defender (or one of the center backs if Ellis plays a 3-5-2). UCLA grad Megan Oyster previously of the Washington Spirit and Newcastle and now with Boston is playing in the back line as well. She should be solid. Both should be good additions to the defense that looked porous vs France.

Hopefully Ellis has the sense to drop the 3-5-2 and take Allie Long out of the back. I would like to see some attacks coming out of the back. Klingenberg likes to attack. Let her attack.

It will also be interesting to see what Ellis decides to do with Lloyd and Lavelle. I'm already somewhat convinced that Ellis is less than adequate as a manager. If she insists on playing Lavelle wide as a winger (along with giving the 3-5-2 another go) I will be absolutely convinced that Ellis is clueless. She should give Rose a chance at the 10 spot. The team also needs to start transitioning away from the Lloyd era. Now would be a good time to start doing that. Does anybody honestly believe that she will rostered for the World Cup in '19?

I believe that Sam Mewis is on the roster tonight as well. She was somewhat of a bright spot during the SheBelieves Cup.
Old 04-06-17, 08:23 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Pffft. Playing Russia. May as well field your favorite ecnl team. No analysis is necessary to play this game. Everyone should look good. If they don't.... (Mal gonna go for goal or keep running at the flag?) They should go.
Old 04-07-17, 06:45 AM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Rose getting a lot of love from the soccer media. Her and Pugh look like the most talented players on the field.
Old 04-07-17, 07:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Pffft. Playing Russia. May as well field your favorite ecnl team. No analysis is necessary to play this game. Everyone should look good. If they don't.... (Mal gonna go for goal or keep running at the flag?) They should go.
Yeah, Russia is pretty bad. It's hard to know if the team really played better. Not too much to take away from that match. The team would need a rematch against a team like France to know if anything improved. It was a boring game and I quit watching it.

I did like how the 4-4-2 became more of a 3-4-1-2 while the US was attacking. With O'Hara coming up the right side, that allowed Lavelle to play more centrally- where she belongs. I suppose that if Rose played on the left that Klingenberg would have been charged with making runs. About the only ding on Rose's game was that she perhaps took a few too many touches every now and then. Russia could have limited her if they took away her chances to go left but they never adjusted.

I wanted to see how Ohai did but, because I quit watching, I don't know if she saw the field.

Last edited by Rohbino; 04-07-17 at 07:38 AM..
Old 04-07-17, 08:14 AM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Dunn's first goal was exactly what I'm used to seeing from her, speed and a desire to score. Long's header from Pugh's fantastic pass was awesome. Lavelle and Pugh just flat getting it done, it was nice to watch them put it together. BUT it was Russia so.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: