Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-09-17, 12:13 PM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
cop-out early retirement instead of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cards View Post
...retiring?
announcing he was not being renewed, therefore fired!
Old 03-09-17, 12:28 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
Hopefully the next school does their homework on him.
Old 03-16-17, 01:54 PM
Junior Varsity

hjohn6331 is on a distinguished road
candidates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
Let's get this right this time, it took forever to move past Sal. Someone that has been proven other than educational bureaucracy. Tommy Gibbons? or someone similar.
Old 03-24-17, 12:58 PM
Junior Varsity

hjohn6331 is on a distinguished road
Lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohn6331 View Post
Let's get this right this time, it took forever to move past Sal. Someone that has been proven other than educational bureaucracy. Tommy Gibbons? or someone similar.
My sources told me that the principal was asked if he was interested in Sal's position, apparently he wants to continue in his current role. He feels he can have a bigger impact on students as a principal, if they hire a quality president I think that is true otherwise we will continue to decline. Let's get it right, any suggestions?
Old 03-24-17, 02:16 PM
All Region

Cougar Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjohn6331 View Post
My sources told me that the principal was asked if he was interested in Sal's position, apparently he wants to continue in his current role. He feels he can have a bigger impact on students as a principal, if they hire a quality president I think that is true otherwise we will continue to decline. Let's get it right, any suggestions?
They need to get rid of the principal as well, not promote him. He has no impact on students. He has got them all snowed. He's a huge problem there. As soon as he came in after Mr. Koenig left, the place started to decline. There is nothing for the kids there. No pep rallies, awful homecoming dances, no recognition of a two-time state champ, etc. Just recently they held a dance which cost $5/student and there was no DJ nor refreshments. They collected money to stand in the atrium (which we pay over $10,000 a year for). It's all about the mighty dollar there, nothing else. No wonder enrollment is down. Why send your kid there? The academics are bad as well. The average ACT score is one of the lowest in the Cleveland area. It's a shame they ran this school into the ground. But Sal was not alone...he had his principal puppet right by his side. Too bad he's not out the door with him.
Old 03-24-17, 05:00 PM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
Thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Nation View Post
They need to get rid of the principal as well, not promote him. He has no impact on students. He has got them all snowed. He's a huge problem there. As soon as he came in after Mr. Koenig left, the place started to decline. There is nothing for the kids there. No pep rallies, awful homecoming dances, no recognition of a two-time state champ, etc. Just recently they held a dance which cost $5/student and there was no DJ nor refreshments. They collected money to stand in the atrium (which we pay over $10,000 a year for). It's all about the mighty dollar there, nothing else. No wonder enrollment is down. Why send your kid there? The academics are bad as well. The average ACT score is one of the lowest in the Cleveland area. It's a shame they ran this school into the ground. But Sal was not alone...he had his principal puppet right by his side. Too bad he's not out the door with him.
maybe a school this size doesn't need two completely different people/rolls?? Good question!
Old 03-25-17, 05:47 AM
All World

lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Nation View Post
Wow CN...never seen you this vocal before. Usually it's me needing to tone it down a bit.

Baby steps my friend, baby steps. It all starts at the top. Trust me, with Sal gone, the donors will be back and things will only get better from here. Is it too late...maybe. But it's great seeing people happy again in that building. Absolutely there is still work to do. 9 long, painful years with that idiot Sal. Things won't just change overnight.

More changes will be coming. Just be patient.