Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 02-16-17, 03:21 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 1,928
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
MVAC

Waterloo: 153
Springfield: 124
Mineral Ridge: 116
McDonald: 111
Western Reserve: 104
Jackson-Milton: 93
Lowellville: 65
Sebring: 60

EOAC

EP 160
United 154
Columbiana 126
S. Local 117
Lisbon 99
Wellsville 97
Toronto 95
Leetonia 82


Not that it has anything to do with either league, I was just comparing the enrollments of both the EOAC and MVAC. Not too dissimilar.

Been nice if the D5's and D6's could have gotten together, without Waterloo.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 02-16-17, 04:13 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: Rayen Stadium
Posts: 8,711
EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Well they only had 4 home games last year. Would really such for them if in 2018 they only have 3 home games.
Mooney is on a similar rotation

This year their first 5 are on the road
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 02-16-17, 04:40 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,288
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Mooney is on a similar rotation

This year their first 5 are on the road
Yeah I noticed that looking at Mooneys schedule a few weeks ago. They're obviously in a bit different scheduling situation not being in a conference. The puzzling thing about this they could've tried straightening this out joining the new league, but it got even worse with 7 home games.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 02-16-17, 06:10 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,288
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
MVAC

Waterloo: 153
Springfield: 124
Mineral Ridge: 116
McDonald: 111
Western Reserve: 104
Jackson-Milton: 93
Lowellville: 65
Sebring: 60

EOAC

EP 160
United 154
Columbiana 126
S. Local 117
Lisbon 99
Wellsville 97
Toronto 95
Leetonia 82


Not that it has anything to do with either league, I was just comparing the enrollments of both the EOAC and MVAC. Not too dissimilar.

Been nice if the D5's and D6's could have gotten together, without Waterloo.
Yeah, but it is what it is as this point and I'm not a huge fan of the MVAC, but it's better than the itcl lower tier and blue tier. Football wise there will be more than 1 conference game that is competitive. Not counting cross-overs or non-conf itcl games, McDonald and WR have lost a combined 1 conference game not against each other since 2013. Springfield/McD/WR will have good battles for league crowns. Hoops wise the MVAC is good, and Waterloo is actually decent, same with Sebring and Lowellville.

But yeah it would've been nice to say have EP, United, Columbiana, Lisbon, WR, Spr, MR, and McD in a league.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 03-15-17, 10:08 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,288
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Now that hoops is over, time to look forward to the football schedule. Still no word on the week 2 game for McDonald. Josh Celli showed a lot in the hoops season that makes me think he's in line for a breakout year with Cintron in the backfield. If McDonald can get decent qb play, this team will be very good. Only 5 months away!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-06-17, 11:00 AM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,288
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Division assignments with the competitive balance have been released, here's how the MVAC stacks up:

Waterloo- 153+5=158 D6
Mineral Ridge- 116+21=137 D6
Western Reserve- 104+23=127 D6
Springfield- 124+0=124 D6
McDonald- 111+7=118 D6
Jackson Milton- 93+16=109 D7
Lowellville- 65+24=89 D7
Sebring- 60+5=65 D7

Shakes down to 5 D6's and 3 D7's. The D6 region is going to be loaded again like usual and tough to get in and tough to advance. Gone are Cuyahoga Heights and St Thomas Aquinas, but Mogadore is back up to D6 and Kirtland remains in D6. The threshold between the divisions was 113 you're in D7, 114 D6. McDonald is the 4th smallest in D6
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-25-17, 06:22 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,288
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
McDonald schedule is finally officiial, week 2 as suspected is Columbiana.

1- Brookfield home (D6, 7-3 in 2016)
2- Columbiana away (D6, 7-3 in 2016)
3- Champion home (D5, 4-6 in 2016)
4- Waterloo away (D5, 2-8 in 2016)
5- Springfield home (D6, 9-3 in 2016
6- Jackson-Milton away (D7,7-4 in 2016)
7- Mineral Ridge away (D6, 2-8 in 2016)
8- Sebring home (D7, 3-7 in 2016)
9- Western Reserve home (D6, 7-3 in 2016)
10- Lowellville away (D7, 0-9 in 2016)

2 D5, 5 D6, 3 D7. 5 opponents won 7+ games in 2016

Schedule is top heavy like it has been the last few years, but some good matchups ooc against Brookfield and Columbiana that'll test the Devils early and will really help/hurt playoff aspirations. The home slate is very nice (Brookfield, Champion, Springfield, Reserve) all at home in what is scheduled to be the last year at the stadium.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-25-17, 07:36 PM
Johnny Ringo Johnny Ringo is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-19-15
Posts: 146
Johnny Ringo is on a distinguished road
Bro do you carry on conversations with yourself at home about McDonald like you do on here?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-25-17, 07:47 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,288
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
Bro do you carry on conversations with yourself at home about McDonald like you do on here?
What? All the last posts are updates on the enrollments, division placements with the competitive balance that we're about the whole league and finally schedule completion where I made a note about it. If you don't like it, well quite frankly I don't care. You act like a snob at home bro?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-25-17, 08:45 PM
Raider#23 Raider#23 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-07-02
Location: The LAST ICL Champions!!!
Posts: 2,576
Raider#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
McDonald schedule is finally officiial, week 2 as suspected is Columbiana.

1- Brookfield home (D6, 7-3 in 2016)
2- Columbiana away (D6, 7-3 in 2016)
3- Champion home (D5, 4-6 in 2016)
4- Waterloo away (D5, 2-8 in 2016)
5- Springfield home (D6, 9-3 in 2016
6- Jackson-Milton away (D7,7-4 in 2016)
7- Mineral Ridge away (D6, 2-8 in 2016)
8- Sebring home (D7, 3-7 in 2016)
9- Western Reserve home (D6, 7-3 in 2016)
10- Lowellville away (D7, 0-9 in 2016)

2 D5, 5 D6, 3 D7. 5 opponents won 7+ games in 2016

Schedule is top heavy like it has been the last few years, but some good matchups ooc against Brookfield and Columbiana that'll test the Devils early and will really help/hurt playoff aspirations. The home slate is very nice (Brookfield, Champion, Springfield, Reserve) all at home in what is scheduled to be the last year at the stadium.
I had talked with someone from Columbiana last week that this game (Columbiana-McDonald) was being played in week #2....forgot to post on here to update you kingpin. That makes for a great game between two good programs. Hopefully for your Devils that will stay set for awhile unlike the past several years with a different opponent almost every year.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 04-26-17, 02:23 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 3,665
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
I like the Brookfield - Mcdonald match up. Let's hope they don't clear the benches.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-27-17, 11:21 AM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,288
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider#23 View Post
I had talked with someone from Columbiana last week that this game (Columbiana-McDonald) was being played in week #2....forgot to post on here to update you kingpin. That makes for a great game between two good programs. Hopefully for your Devils that will stay set for awhile unlike the past several years with a different opponent almost every year.
It's all good, I figured it had to be given the teams with week 2 open. I hope the game sticks, 2 similar programs with a close drive. I think they wanted Range and Springfield to stay set as OOC games but the league imploding changed that. We've gone through 10 different teams OOC the last 5 years. I hope Brookfield sticks too, unsure on Champion, but given we're scheduling them in hoops too who knows.

As far as benches clearing, it only adds to the game! Lol, in all seriousness, the scrimmages every year are hard hitting with an "edge" to them, expect the game to be the same
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OHio Valley Athletic Conference Tournament 2016 ferflog Boys Golf 0 09-13-16 06:46 PM
2016 Division VI Schedules EagleFan Archives 1 04-08-16 01:07 PM
2016 Division V Schedules EagleFan Archives 1 04-08-16 01:02 PM
Chagrin Valley Conference - Valley: Who will be the 2015 Champion? Yappi Football 2 06-03-15 09:56 PM
Taking Better Care of The Athlete? buckshooter5 Girls Soccer 8 06-09-14 10:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz