Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-02-17, 09:45 AM
Freshman

SludgeReport is an unknown quantity at this point
Pending Sanctions at Walnut Hills

The SludgeReport can confirm that the administration at Walnut Hills has been contacted by OHSAA in regards to potential recruiting violations involving Walnut Hills HC-Lainhart.

The investigation stems from possible recruiting violations involving the WH head coach and players from other schools attending WH off-season workouts.

The SludgeReport is not privy to possible penalties involving the violations.

As posted on other Yappi threads the WH coach is said to be entertaining newly posted jobs within the Cincy area.

Stay tuned for further news....as it breaks.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-17, 10:56 AM
All District

eagles73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgeReport View Post
The investigation stems from possible recruiting violations involving the WH head coach and players from other schools attending WH off-season workouts.
I was personally told by an Ohsaa commissioner that coaches can hold off season workouts for training purposes and that these are not violations! This person also said that the Ohsaa encourages coaches to hold clinics and workouts for student athletes!
Old 03-02-17, 11:15 AM
Freshman

MtH_Owls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles73 View Post
I was personally told by an Ohsaa commissioner that coaches can hold off season workouts for training purposes and that these are not violations! This person also said that the Ohsaa encourages coaches to hold clinics and workouts for student athletes!
You missed the part that said recruiting violations and having students from other schools at the workouts. That is most definitely not kosher.
Old 03-02-17, 11:45 AM
All District

eagles73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtH_Owls View Post
You missed the part that said recruiting violations and having students from other schools at the workouts. That is most definitely not kosher.
It is absolutely ok, if it was an off season workout! Coaches can allow anyone to come and work with them. Like I said, I spoke to an Ohsaa commissioner and they confirmed that.
Old 03-02-17, 11:53 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles73 View Post
It is absolutely ok, if it was an off season workout! Coaches can allow anyone to come and work with them. Like I said, I spoke to an Ohsaa commissioner and they confirmed that.
As a former OHSAA administrative liaison I can confirm that you are 100% wrong in your assessment.

To make matters worse the accusations go beyond simply "allowing other players from other schools" to work out with his team, the investigation includes text messages and twitter messages that are likley going to sink the HC IF the allegations are proven to be true.
Old 03-02-17, 12:05 PM
Varsity

slapnut is on a distinguished road
I thought Walnut Hills only cared about academics? Not really a "sports" school......surprised to hear about these allegations.....
Old 03-02-17, 12:13 PM
All Ohio

The Dock is an unknown quantity at this point
Word on the street is the coach was talking to Indian Hill students about possibly crossing over to join the Model UN team.
Old 03-02-17, 02:10 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
They've won 6 games total in the last 2 years. They suck at (allegedly) cheating.
Old 03-02-17, 02:56 PM
All District

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
If this is true, then there is no way Walnut can keep him or his staff. With that being said, who in their right minds would hire this guy at the high school level with these allegations? Also, he didn't exactly win any tough games last year. the 4 wins were against teams that won a combined 10 games. Walnut seems like it would be a pretty nice gig for a coach in this town. From the outside, it looks like a place where the school doesn't have unrealistic expectations of it's program (maybe I'm wrong).

So Walnut fires a longtime coach who took them to their only playoff appearance and brings in this guy?
Old 03-02-17, 04:15 PM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
If they have a REALLY strong case, maybe the coach will get suspended THREE games!
Old 03-02-17, 04:29 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
If they have a REALLY strong case, maybe the coach will get suspended THREE games!
To be reduced to one on the agreement of the parties and a hearty mea culpa and promise to never do it again.
Old 03-02-17, 05:00 PM
All District

I don't know how the CPS District AD can just suspend him. I mean they fired Withrow's Head Coach this year for CORRECTLY playing 2 ELIGIBLE players. He stuck up for the kids CPS fired him. Here if the evidence shows he violated very simple state and district policies, then they would have to fire him, as the precedent has been set that coaches will get fired for not even violating OHSAA statutes.
Old 03-02-17, 09:33 PM
Varsity

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
If this is true, then there is no way Walnut can keep him or his staff. With that being said, who in their right minds would hire this guy at the high school level with these allegations? Also, he didn't exactly win any tough games last year. the 4 wins were against teams that won a combined 10 games. Walnut seems like it would be a pretty nice gig for a coach in this town. From the outside, it looks like a place where the school doesn't have unrealistic expectations of it's program (maybe I'm wrong).

So Walnut fires a longtime coach who took them to their only playoff appearance and brings in this guy?
he took them to their only playoff appearance but what was his record after. they were trying to jolt new life in the program after being stagnant so they brought in people with ties to winning programs in the city. If he does get let go (which i highly doubt) maybe they look for a past alum to take over.
Old 03-02-17, 09:35 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I don't know how the CPS District AD can just suspend him. I mean they fired Withrow's Head Coach this year for CORRECTLY playing 2 ELIGIBLE players. He stuck up for the kids CPS fired him. Here if the evidence shows he violated very simple state and district policies, then they would have to fire him, as the precedent has been set that coaches will get fired for not even violating OHSAA statutes.
the difference is this would be his first offense whereas w/ the withrow situation wasn't that the second time they had an issue along the same line? also did cps district ad fire the coach or was that decision influenced by the principal?
Old 03-03-17, 09:09 AM
Junior Varsity

360QB is on a distinguished road
Is there anything official on this investigation? What really happened or is this Yappi garbage talk?
Old 03-03-17, 09:42 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360QB View Post
Is there anything official on this investigation? What really happened or is this Yappi garbage talk?
good question. i would normally dismiss it as the latter, but after the stuff about the virtual school i'm really not sure.
Old 03-03-17, 09:47 AM
All District

red123
Wasn't there something questioned about a transfer from Mt Healthy at the beginning of last season as well?
Old 03-03-17, 12:26 PM
All District

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The CPS District Athletics Manager is the former Walnut Hills Associate AD.
Old 03-03-17, 04:10 PM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
Kid on Walnut named Hunter Anderson that is going to be a All-State. I was surprised he went to Walnut. He could of gone to Moeller or St.X
Old 03-06-17, 08:16 PM
Freshman

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by College#19 View Post
Kid on Walnut named Hunter Anderson that is going to be a All-State. I was surprised he went to Walnut. He could of gone to Moeller or St.X
He doesn't go to walnut??? Lakota west
Old 03-13-17, 10:49 AM
Freshman

The SludgeReport has learned that a meeting between OHSAA and Walnut Hills occurred late last week. The SludgeReport has also learned that the meeting resulted in further questioning by OHSAA of individuals associated with the WH program, that aren't even cleared by ODE to be working with students.

The mess at Walnut Hills appears to be getting worse.
Old 03-15-17, 10:27 AM
Junior Varsity

360QB is on a distinguished road
Based on Sludge Report. Will Lainhart be heading to Harrison Thursday Night for a Board Meeting?
Old 03-15-17, 10:45 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360QB View Post
Based on Sludge Report. Will Lainhart be heading to Harrison Thursday Night for a Board Meeting?
The SludgeReport can confirm that that WILL NOT be happening, and unlikely that happens anywhere in the state of Ohio next season or the following seasons to after that.

Expect Harrison to promote their DC to the HC position.
Old 03-15-17, 01:28 PM
All District

hoops42 is on a distinguished road
Walnut Athletics / CPS

I don't believe anything will happen at Walnut at all. Josh and Tom are honorable men. No way any rules were broken.

Proof?
Old 03-15-17, 01:48 PM
All Region

werns63 is on a distinguished road
Scott Springer is Posting on his twitter page.. Might get ugly..
Old 03-15-17, 03:16 PM
Varsity

Josh has been gone about a year and Tom is retiring
Old 03-15-17, 03:47 PM
All District

Josh left to become CPS District AD, and could this have something to do with the retirement with lawyers involved? This doesn't look good for anyone
Old 03-21-17, 04:48 PM
All District

tune89 is on a distinguished road
any updates? been a week since Scott Springer's twitter burst......I've never met Lainhart, but it seems he is an energetic and hard working coach which is what the school/program needs, but there must be something holding his license up with the state or it being denied? Guess criminal charges would prevent it, would pending recruiting allegations with OHSAA prevent it?
Old 03-23-17, 03:21 PM
All District

tune89 is on a distinguished road
So a quick goggle search and I see the criminal convictions that would bar him from holding an ODE licence.......so my question is HOW can Walnut and even Cincinnati Public schools for that matter allow him to still be identifying himself as the Head coach of Walnut? and why did they not check and find out when they hired him if he had a current license. I realize people do dumb things and make mistakes when they are in their early 20s which shouldn't ruin their whole life, and but some things just don't allow you to work in the schools.
Old 03-23-17, 04:08 PM
All District

http://www.kentwired.com/latest_upda...3c92e3553.html

This could be the issue? Wow, if so, so many policies have been violated with CPS.