Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-27-17, 04:49 PM
Varsity

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeced View Post
You people crack me up. The difference between D-3 and D-1 is night and day. I get it, your kids could not make a top tier D-1 program, does not give you the right to say D-3 is the same. You are wrong.
According to the NCAA, the difference between a D1 school and a D2 school is this. D1 schools are required to have at least 14 sports (7 for men and 7 for women); while D2 schools are required to have at least 10 sports (5 for men and 5 for women). There is no requirement in terms of a minimum level of facilities, etc.

In many cases, D1 schools are larger and have more money. So, they can field more competitive teams than the average D2 school, but this is not always the case. There are some small schools that manage to have a D1 program.

There are over 300 D1 women's soccer programs. So, not all D1 programs are created equal. Clearly, the top D1 programs are better than any D2 and D3 school. However, the bottom D1 schools are sometimes not as good as some D2 and D3 programs.

Now, I personally know a number of kids that were offered and/or transferred from D1 programs to play D2 or D3. True, those kids were not headed to UNC, but that's not the point. The point is that there are some D2 and D3 schools that can give the lower ranked D1 schools a run for their money.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-17, 07:32 AM
Freshman

Fleeced is on a distinguished road
Truly elite players do not settle for less. It is not in their DNA. Take it however you want, but the truth is, if your daughter is truly an elite player, they will push to play for an elite team.
Old 02-28-17, 08:36 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Truly elite players do not settle for less. It is not in their DNA. Take it however you want, but the truth is, if your daughter is truly an elite player, they will push to play for an elite team.

You definitely don't have a daughter that plays college soccer. Did you know kids pick schools based on majors, size of school, location, facilities and various other things. They dont just pick a school based on the elite level of soccer.
Old 02-28-17, 10:18 AM
Freshman

Your right, I don't have a kid that was best in the state. Nope. Maybe if you had an elite player, you would understand.
Old 02-28-17, 10:32 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your right, I don't have a kid that was best in the state. Nope. Maybe if you had an elite player, you would understand.
Oh, I do understand. I think the board understands that you don't understand.
Old 02-28-17, 11:00 AM
Varsity

Quote:
You have a very limited definition of elite.....

Only 9% of all high school girls soccer players end up in college.

If a female athlete is lucky enough to play soccer in college, that player is doing something that 91% of her classmates around the country are not doing. I would define that as being elite.

Now, less than 3% of high school soccer players end up in D1. Some of those D1 players are the elite of the elite. However, the lines between some D1, D2, and D3 schools are blurred where a kid that could have played for a D1 school opted to play D2 or D3 because of educational opportunities, location, school size, etc.....and those schools field very competitive teams.
Old 02-28-17, 11:41 AM
All American

PantherDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I have a Daughter that had offers from DI & D2 schools, but she did not want to go far and she made her decision based on what she wanted to study. She's had the opportunity to play in the Elite 8 and two sweet 16's and we will see what this upcoming year brings. Oh yeah, she will be a nurse in 14 months! That's ELITE in my eyes DBAG!
Old 02-28-17, 04:41 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
pdad why waste your time sounds like you have a lot to be proud of focus on the positive quit wrestling with pigs in the mud
Old 02-28-17, 05:46 PM
Freshman

Panther Dad
That is exactly What I am talking about Crap like that !

Your kid couldn't cut D1 Soccer No big deal , so she plays for D2-D3 no harm in that except they play Nursing homes and still haven't won a championship !
Why even play if not D1 ? Makes no sense ?
You should of spent your money on training and traveling like we did.
It has paid off , my daughter plays for a bigtime D1 School
Old 02-28-17, 06:31 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Panther Dad
That is exactly What I am talking about Crap like that !

Your kid couldn't cut D1 Soccer No big deal , so she plays for D2-D3 no harm in that except they play Nursing homes and still haven't won a championship !
Why even play if not D1 ? Makes no sense ?
You should of spent your money on training and traveling like we did.
I call BS!
Old 02-28-17, 07:10 PM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
I call BS!
This guy can't be for real.
Old 02-28-17, 08:54 PM
Varsity

Reynaldo2000 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=everton1;6673773]Rohbino – yep your facts are spot on. Neil was a special person that was always positive, always uplifting, always funny, and always thinking about the person/player he was working with.

Neil was a great guy and a perfect model of coaching. Funny, motivating, knowledgeable....

I remember when I was running a local SAY coaches clinic and we brought Neil in....he was wonderful. He found out I had played competitively and used me for demonstrations and worked my a** off in front of the rec coaches. I was really out of shape and by the end of the clinic I was huffing and puffing and sweating and he was loving it! It was about 95 degrees out. The other coaches were cracking up at me since I had presented myself as someone who had "played the game" and they were mostly soccer dads... RIP Neil, I hadn't realized he had passed away.
Old 03-01-17, 01:54 AM
All District

sportsfanofyear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
University of Central Florida is big time? Why no longer at KY?
Old 03-01-17, 09:54 AM
Freshman

D-1
Old 03-01-17, 12:24 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDad View Post
I have a Daughter that had offers from DI & D2 schools, but she did not want to go far and she made her decision based on what she wanted to study. She's had the opportunity to play in the Elite 8 and two sweet 16's and we will see what this upcoming year brings. Oh yeah, she will be a nurse in 14 months! That's ELITE in my eyes DBAG!
Shows why talented players make the choices between D1, D2, and D3. A lot of D1 schools won't allow you to major in nursing and play soccer at the same time. Unlike the Men's game, it is extremely hard (if not impossible) for a female soccer player to make a living playing soccer after college. So, finding a college program that allows you to play the sport and get the education one desires is more important than having bragging rights associated playing for any particular D1 program...
Old 03-01-17, 12:45 PM
All District

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
When my oldest was in the process of getting offers she looked at D1, D2 and NAIA because of money offers. Than it came down to what the current roster looked like in her position, who they were recruiting, how she liked the coach, the facility and what their overall travel and training experience was going to look like. She was undecided on her Major so that was not the biggest decision maker, and over 80% of her team has switched majors anyway, so that turned out to be a good decision. Distance from home was her last concern, she just wanted a great experience. But all kids are different

I would say unless you are a top 10 D2 program over the last 4 years, they would have a tough time competing against the vast majority of D1 schools. Any given Sunday and all, but the quality of the D1 athletes is just deeper. For 99.5% of soccer passionate kids, college is the end game. So it should be about their soccer experience, and how that fits with their wants, unless they have a very exclusive major they are looking for.

Either way, I give kudos to any kid who plays at the next level, regardless of where they play. There are lots of kids who wish they could that can't.
Old 03-02-17, 11:14 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
When my oldest was in the process of getting offers she looked at D1, D2 and NAIA because of money offers. Than it came down to what the current roster looked like in her position, who they were recruiting, how she liked the coach, the facility and what their overall travel and training experience was going to look like. She was undecided on her Major so that was not the biggest decision maker, and over 80% of her team has switched majors anyway, so that turned out to be a good decision. Distance from home was her last concern, she just wanted a great experience. But all kids are different

I would say unless you are a top 10 D2 program over the last 4 years, they would have a tough time competing against the vast majority of D1 schools. Any given Sunday and all, but the quality of the D1 athletes is just deeper. For 99.5% of soccer passionate kids, college is the end game. So it should be about their soccer experience, and how that fits with their wants, unless they have a very exclusive major they are looking for.

Either way, I give kudos to any kid who plays at the next level, regardless of where they play. There are lots of kids who wish they could that can't.
I agree with you. My point was that when you get to the lower ranked D1 schools, you start looking at losing programs that are not investing a lot in terms of coaching and facilities. A top D2 school (top 10-20) and a handful of top D3 schools (top 10 or so) would be able to give those D1 schools a run for their money....

So, depending on the athlete and what they are looking for (competitiveness, size of school, major, academic ranking, etc), some D1 caliber players may float between the three divisions as they narrow their choice.
Old 03-06-17, 08:39 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan73 View Post
I agree with you. My point was that when you get to the lower ranked D1 schools, you start looking at losing programs that are not investing a lot in terms of coaching and facilities. A top D2 school (top 10-20) and a handful of top D3 schools (top 10 or so) would be able to give those D1 schools a run for their money....

So, depending on the athlete and what they are looking for (competitiveness, size of school, major, academic ranking, etc), some D1 caliber players may float between the three divisions as they narrow their choice.
What are you smoking?
Old 03-06-17, 06:25 PM
Freshman

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Buck I think the point is that some Div I. Girls go to Div III schools for academics and not the coveted 40% scholarship at the Div I school. My daughter wants to go to John Hopkins and eventually medical school so she would gladly take Div III offer there before some other less competitive Div I schools.
Old 03-07-17, 08:49 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Agree 100%, however I am talking about the ELITE players. The ones that live and breath soccer. I have yet to meet one of these types of players that put academics over soccer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: