Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-19-19, 09:44 PM
All American

polar panther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
If they buy out the rest of the space, including the gym, itís big enough. Another $ Store would be unacceptable.
Anything is better than an empty building
Old 02-19-19, 09:52 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar panther View Post
Anything is better than an empty building
But that’s the cheap solution, the only 2 options can’t be empty lot or $ Store.
Old 02-19-19, 10:42 PM
All American

Quote:
But thatís the cheap solution, the only 2 options canít be empty lot or $ Store.
I agree, a medical arts building, or off campus housing for MSJ, or a small manufacturer would be better. Another grocery would be nice, Krogerís is crowded all the time now with both Remkeís gone
Old 02-20-19, 09:21 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I heard Don's Hobby Shop has closed. End of an era I guess. It is a nice building in an important spot. I hope it is put to good use.

With all of the vacant land across the street, this is where the Port Authority can be a help to redevelop that whole stretch of Glenway. This area is crying out for attention.
Old 02-20-19, 11:21 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
I heard Don's Hobby Shop has closed. End of an era I guess. It is a nice building in an important spot. I hope it is put to good use.

With all of the vacant land across the street, this is where the Port Authority can be a help to redevelop that whole stretch of Glenway. This area is crying out for attention.
It got lots of attention when the pony keg was robbed.
Old 02-20-19, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
If they buy out the rest of the space, including the gym, itís big enough. Another $ Store would be unacceptable.
Correct, I forgot about the gym. But the odds of meijer (or any another similar merchandiser) putting in significant dough to renovate that store in a declining area are slim to none.
Old 02-20-19, 01:27 PM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar panther View Post
I agree, a medical arts building, or off campus housing for MSJ, or a small manufacturer would be better. Another grocery would be nice, Krogerís is crowded all the time now with both Remkeís gone
Agreed, that the Delhi Kroger is ridiculously packed. It has gotten worse with both Remke's closing, but it has been crazy crowded since the construction started on the new Kroger over on Warsaw. When there was no Kroger in Price Hill, everyone that frequented that Kroger came to Delhi since it was the closest. Now, they keep coming since even the rebuilt new Kroger in Price Hill is half the size of the Delhi one.

They did a terrible job with those 2 Kroger stores. Delhi should have expanded further into the old Big Lots and become a Marketplace & Price Hill should have built a real Kroger with everything a normal Kroger is supposed to have.
Old 02-20-19, 02:14 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
I doubt we'll see many more Kroger Marketplace stores built and in some ways it's surprising Kroger decided to move forward with the two Marketplaces in Dent and Colerain. Everybody and their brother is pushing online ordering and home delivery. I wouldn't be surprised to see smaller stores closed the public and turned into distribution centers for customers picking up online orders or delivery drivers.
Old 02-20-19, 03:49 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
It got lots of attention when the pony keg was robbed.
That ended better than it may have anyway.
Old 02-21-19, 03:07 PM
All District

ElderHockeyDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post

Does anyone remember when Don's Hobby Shop had slot car racing in the basement?
Old 02-21-19, 03:44 PM
All World

oskar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderHockeyDad View Post
Does anyone remember when Don's Hobby Shop had slot car racing in the basement?
Remember it well. I was only 9 or 10 yo then. I knew a handful of older guys that were around 14 or 15 that had cars to race. I spent many hours observing. That was actually a somewhat expensive hobby back then. I didn't have the money for that and was a little too young to have been any good at it even if I could have afforded it. I think we're talking around 1966/67?
Old 02-21-19, 04:34 PM
All American

[QUOTE=EHS 2001;7258857 I wouldn't be surprised to see smaller stores closed the public and turned into distribution centers for customers picking up online orders or delivery drivers.[/QUOTE]

Thatís an awesome idea. I wish I had the money to do that.