Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-21-18, 07:28 PM
All Region

Diva is on a distinguished road
Good job, Monclova Steve!
Old 10-21-18, 08:22 PM
All American

Bevo is on a distinguished road
I'll say!

Diva - last week's issue of Sports' Illustrated (with Lebron on the cover) has a story and pics about the triathalon you and Mr. Diva were watching last week.

I subscribe but it's gone. Rite Aid has a large magazine rack; probably there or Drug Mart.
Old 10-21-18, 08:35 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road

Written by Smokey Robinson w/backup vocalist The Temptations per one commenter.

OP and team: My niece got married yesterday evening and If You Think I'm Sexy was one of the handsome couples' selections. Prior to the ceremony, the "tune" played was a Celtic piece. Very cool. (I'll have to ask her what it was). After the ceremony, they played Happy. We couldn't stay for the final segment of the evening - Dance and Music - though I imagine some more mod selections were in play.
Old 10-21-18, 10:17 PM
All World

One Who Knows is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Bevo,
Could it be Mary Wells with "The One Who Really Loves You"
Great job Monclova Steve! I'm back after being on the road for the last three weeks (Oklahoma, NE Ohio and Chicago), but I knew there would be something good and of interest on the AARP Thread when I returned. Mary Wells, who died at the young age of 49, also two other big hits with "My Guy" and "Two Lovers".

While on the road, I heard an old country favorite, "Gotta Travel On". I did a little research and could not believe just how many renditions there are of this tune. Here are a few of the folks that performed the song: Bill Monroe and his Bluegrass Boys, Billy Grammer, Bob Dylan, The Kingstown Trio, Timi Yuro, Glen Campbell, Chet Adkings, The Springfields, The Weavers, Bobby Bare, Trini Lopez, Harry Belafonte, Boots Randolph and many others:

Also, I heard a song that I really like that I hadn't heard in a while. Now I hope the "youngsters" on this thread aren't too critical, but the song is "Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine'. It was written and performed by arguably one of the best "story telling singers" of all-time, Tom T. Hall:

The regular season for high school is winding down, but the playoffs will begin soon. As for college football, well, two things are pretty obvious: (1) everyone's chasing Alabama and (2) Ohio State is "toast".

ROCK ON!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: