Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-17-17, 08:23 PM
All World

WestSideBomber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaRanch View Post
Rather than use this always used reversal technique, how about YOU find the sources to deny anything I wrote.

You have the burden of proof. If you make a claim it's on YOU to back it up. It's not my job.
Old 07-17-17, 08:45 PM
All Ohio

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
You have the burden of proof. If you make a claim it's on YOU to back it up. It's not my job.
At very least ask him which statements on that list you do not agree with and would need sources for.

If you are living in this country and have a couple neuron connections much of the list is not even in question.
Old 07-17-17, 11:20 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Rather than use this always used reversal technique, how about YOU find the sources to deny anything I wrote.
Old 08-03-17, 11:50 AM
All Ohio

JoshuaRanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Great, wonderful, you're doubling down on dumb. Dummies on internet chat boards will never change. Someone writes something thats accepted universally, dummie doesn't like the message, dummie asks messenger for "Sources". Dummie gets called out for being dumb, now doubles down on the "Source" request. This deflection/distortion/distraction/Reversal tactic is so old and childish. Its the tactic for dummies. Kind of like the "I would tell you you're wrong but you're not worth my time". And of course, they never tell. Because they can't. And of course, you can't deny anything I wrote. So you pull the "give me sources". Do you see anyone else challenging what I wrote, even other dummies? No. Why, because what I wrote is general knowledge. And you just don't like the message. Why not just say that, instead of this 5th grade dummie tactic that you and others use. it makes you out to be a fool. And now you've doubled down on it. Instead of just keeping quiet, no, you are going to keep digging your hole deeper and deeper. And then you'll just dismiss it all, like it didn't happen. And move on and do some more dumb posting. Will you understand what I just wrote - who knows? You might, but you'll just ignore it. Or you might just not get it at all. Dumb and stupid and ignorant doesn't know its dumb and stupid and ignorant, the bane of our society that the rest of us have to somehow overcome.
Old 08-03-17, 11:54 AM
All World

Quote:
Great, wonderful, you're doubling down on dumb. Dummies on internet chat boards will never change. Someone writes something thats accepted universally, dummie doesn't like the message, dummie asks messenger for "Sources". Dummie gets called out for being dumb, now doubles down on the "Source" request. This deflection/distortion/distraction/Reversal tactic is so old and childish. Its the tactic for dummies. Kind of like the "I would tell you you're wrong but you're not worth my time". And of course, they never tell. Because they can't. And of course, you can't deny anything I wrote. So you pull the "give me sources". Do you see anyone else challenging what I wrote, even other dummies? No. Why, because what I wrote is general knowledge. And you just don't like the message. Why not just say that, instead of this 5th grade dummie tactic that you and others use. it makes you out to be a fool. And now you've doubled down on it. Instead of just keeping quiet, no, you are going to keep digging your hole deeper and deeper. And then you'll just dismiss it all, like it didn't happen. And move on and do some more dumb posting. Will you understand what I just wrote - who knows? You might, but you'll just ignore it. Or you might just not get it at all. Dumb and stupid and ignorant doesn't know its dumb and stupid and ignorant, the bane of our society that the rest of us have to somehow overcome.
The singular form of dummies is dummy.

Thought you outta know.
Old 08-03-17, 12:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
At very least ask him which statements on that list you do not agree with and would need sources for.

If you are living in this country and have a couple neuron connections much of the list is not even in question.
Rocks, thanks. And of course 2 other dummies come out of the woodwork to "help" out their fellow dummie with what I call the "good Samaritan technique". They think they need to protect their fellow dummie from you and I, because we exposed the dummie for being dumb. Somehow they actually believe they are doing their fellow dummie a "favor" by helping them out, because down deep they think they are smarter then their fellow dummie and they need to "help" them because they too don't like the message or don't like the messenger. THAT is hilarious. A dummie with a 100 IQ who thinks they have a 120 IQ helping out a dummie with a 95 IQ.

Rocks, they believe this self perception though. Its fascinating. They actually believe it. They have no inkling that we just sit here and shake our heads and scratch our heads, knowing what they are attempting to do, the same dummie tactics that go down on message boards since they started.

As you said, state what you disagree with, say why, objectively and factually. Or prove what I wrote is wrong, objectively, with facts. If you can't, its all just a dummie tactic.
Old 08-03-17, 12:12 PM
All World

For the record...

Forcing someone to disprove your arguments is a logical fallacy. Burden of proof is literally, "the obligation to prove one's assertion." You make a claim, you back it up. That's how it works. Calling me a "dummie" because you refuse to prove any of the litany of claims you threw out only serves to make you look foolish. I am standing my ground. Call it doubling down if you will, but shouting into your keyboard and calling me names is doing nothing for your case.
Old 08-03-17, 12:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
The singular form of dummies is dummy.

Thought you outta know.
As I always have written, dummies give me the ammo and the gun for their own execution. Now the grammar police tactic. You've tripled down on dumb now. Never mind the actual premise of my post right - you've got to keep deflecting till that's in the distant past, right? Do you need another shovel for the hole you're in, the dirt is hitting you in the head now as you throw it out. Now here comes the dismissal, the "you're not worth my time" post, and you move on. SSDD.
Old 08-03-17, 12:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
For the record...

Forcing someone to disprove your arguments is a logical fallacy. Burden of proof is literally, "the obligation to prove one's assertion." You make a claim, you back it up. That's how it works. Calling me a "dummie" because you refuse to prove any of the litany of claims you threw out only serves to make you look foolish. I am standing my ground. Call it doubling down if you will, but shouting into your keyboard and calling me names is doing nothing for your case.
Quadrupling down on dumb now, the fight response, throwing out the ad homs - the last part of the RADDD deflections arsenal. Now here comes the "flight" deflection - you're not worth my time, I'm not going to waste my time. No one but YOU is disputing what I wrote. Just YOU. No one, zippo, nada. In fact I've read some posts where they ask if you've been living under a rock or to have your brain examined. You won't refute or dispute what I wrote, so you won't. And now you're pulling every dumbbell deflection tactic. Its hilarious. I'm not shouting, I'm revealing your reality. You're engaging me with a clay pistol in your hand, why on earth do you think you can win a battle. I'll repeat, you give me the gun and ammo for your own execution. Move on, please.
Old 08-03-17, 12:40 PM
All Region

domi is on a distinguished road
The Mensa meeting must have just let out.
Old 08-03-17, 03:15 PM
All World

It's like talking to a brick wall...a very unstable brick wall that collapses in a slight breeze.

You can yell, deride, make fun, and call me "dummie" as many times as you want, but at this point it's the principle of the matter. It is not my job to disprove your claims. Once again, you have the burden of proof.

It's time to put up, or shut up.
Old 08-03-17, 07:46 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I get tired to people say I disagree with a statement show me or tell me your source. What you should do is say your wrong and here is the source that says you are. I do not have to prove I am right if you do not like what I said, prove and show me I am wrong. Why should I or anyone else do all the work because you do not like a statement made?
Old 08-03-17, 07:57 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I get tired to people say I disagree with a statement show me or tell me your source. What you should do is say your wrong and here is the source that says you are. I do not have to prove I am right if you do not like what I said, prove and show me I am wrong. Why should I or anyone else do all the work because you do not like a statement made?

Because that's how burden of proof works.

That's it. That's the answer.
Old 08-03-17, 08:05 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Because that's how burden of proof works.

That's it. That's the answer.
Link?
Old 08-03-17, 08:14 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Link?

Sure!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

"Fallacious shifting of the burden of proof occurs if someone makes a claim that needs justification, then demands that the opponent justify the opposite of the claim. The opponent has no such burden until evidence is presented for the claim."
Old 08-03-17, 11:06 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I get tired to people say I disagree with a statement show me or tell me your source. What you should do is say your wrong and here is the source that says you are.
Old 08-04-17, 04:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sure!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

"Fallacious shifting of the burden of proof occurs if someone makes a claim that needs justification, then demands that the opponent justify the opposite of the claim. The opponent has no such burden until evidence is presented for the claim."
Provide the link that shows how easily you can be trolled
Old 08-04-17, 11:45 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Provide the link that shows how easily you can be trolled
No problem. Who was trolling?

A troll,” according to one definition, “is a person who sows discord … by starting arguments or upsetting people … with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.”
Old 08-04-17, 01:28 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's like talking to a brick wall...a very unstable brick wall that collapses in a slight breeze.

You can yell, deride, make fun, and call me "dummie" as many times as you want, but at this point it's the principle of the matter. It is not my job to disprove your claims. Once again, you have the burden of proof.

It's time to put up, or shut up.
There's no such thing as "burden of proof" on this board. Bringing in multiple valid sources to support your argument is useless when we have poster's frequently citing Twitter accounts or blogs in rebuttal.
Old 08-04-17, 01:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No problem. Who was trolling?

“A troll,” according to one definition, “is a person who sows discord … by starting arguments or upsetting people … with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.”
You were not
Old 08-04-17, 10:04 PM
All Ohio

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
There's no such thing as "burden of proof" on this board. Bringing in multiple valid sources to support your argument is useless when we have poster's frequently citing Twitter accounts or blogs in rebuttal.
Or laughter emojis.
Old 08-04-17, 10:52 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Wink

Old 08-10-17, 03:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
The Mensa meeting must have just let out.
And guess what, you were not there at the meeting! You need to have an IQ I believe higher than 130. Yours is only 103, average for white americans. So you need to add 27 points. As I wrote, thanks for the gun and ammo for your own execution.
Old 08-10-17, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
63, they disagree with the statement because they don't agree with it. Or they don't like the messenger. Has nothing to do with the statement. The statements on Obama are 100% accurate, no one is disputing or refuting them. Poster just doesn't like the message or the messenger. Hence the "source" request. Its just a way of moving the goalposts, having a straw man, distortion. Its what annoying dumb people do when they don't like something written or someone who writes it.

Even if the sources were listed, it changes nothing. They will dispute the source or the accuracy of the source, for the same reasons. So citing sources doesn't change anything.

Obama was so bad in what he did and how he did it his backers can't even use the "here's what he did" tactic. 8 years of being a feckless dope, with feckless dopes all around him, elected by feckless dopes. They can come up with one or two things Obama did in 8 years that actually benefited the country as a whole. And of course will ignore the thousands of things he did that hurt he country. What's funny is they can't even use the piece of hay in the haystack illogic because even the one piece of hay is shaky in its positive merits.
Old 08-10-17, 06:04 PM
All Region

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And guess what, you were not there at the meeting! You need to have an IQ I believe higher than 130. Yours is only 103, average for white americans. So you need to add 27 points. As I wrote, thanks for the gun and ammo for your own execution.
I'll be going to Vances Saturday but I wasn't figuring anything about my own execution so should I pick up some extra ammo?

FYI I took one of those IQ test on Facebook a couple weeks ago and it had me at 223, somewhere between Einstein and Kasparov. It was a legitimate Facebook link so I know it's accurate. It's a shame I don't apply myself more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: