Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-19, 10:04 AM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,673
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Dayton D1 seeding talks.....

This is getting interesting....

I believe the top 5 seeds in no particular order are Centerville, Springfield, Wayne, Butler, and Sidney.

The question is how are the coaches going to seed these teams. Will they go by record alone or the quality of the opposition these teams play. While Wayne lost to both Butler and Sidney on buzzer beaters they have played the toughest schedule and have 3 huge wins over Trotwood, Springfield, and Centerville.

If the #1 seed is Butler or Sidney and they go in the opposite bracket with Moeller would the higher seed could we see the #2 seed joining them in that bracket?

Personally I think Centerville should get the #1 seed. They are the hottest team right now. Wayne is also much improved since playing Butler and Sidney but did the coaches wait for the Wayne/springfield result or placed their vote prior to that....

Should be interesting....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-09-19, 10:24 AM
BrutusBuckeye90 BrutusBuckeye90 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-22-15
Location: Sidney OH
Posts: 753
BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Should be Centerville, Sidney, or Butler. Don't think Wayne or Springfield have a shot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-19, 10:31 AM
bigv bigv is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Posts: 1,974
bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
This is getting interesting....

I believe the top 5 seeds in no particular order are Centerville, Springfield, Wayne, Butler, and Sidney.

The question is how are the coaches going to seed these teams. Will they go by record alone or the quality of the opposition these teams play. While Wayne lost to both Butler and Sidney on buzzer beaters they have played the toughest schedule and have 3 huge wins over Trotwood, Springfield, and Centerville.

If the #1 seed is Butler or Sidney and they go in the opposite bracket with Moeller would the higher seed could we see the #2 seed joining them in that bracket?

Personally I think Centerville should get the #1 seed. They are the hottest team right now. Wayne is also much improved since playing Butler and Sidney but did the coaches wait for the Wayne/springfield result or placed their vote prior to that....

Should be interesting....
Will four teams make it to the districts?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-19, 10:59 AM
freedom_isnt_free freedom_isnt_free is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-18-11
Posts: 751
freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
On paper Butler looks great and they do have some very nice players. My concern is that they are inflated because of a pretty weak schedule. A little shocked to see them ranked in the top ten of the state poll because of this. I see them as a one win team in the tournament at most. Not being critical just the reality. Great season though and they should be proud. I just think they get exposed when they play top teams. Bad first quarter kept them from beating Trotwood and meltdown with under 2 minutes saw them lose a commanding lead over Sidney. Gut check game Tuesday at Sidney for all the marbles.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-19, 05:50 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,415
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Dont be shocked if Wayne or Springfield sees where Butler goes(depending what happens in Cincy) and jumps in that bracket. Elks are scariest team to play right now but I dont think it matters nobody in SWO will beat Moeller
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-19, 01:02 PM
Sgt Friday Sgt Friday is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-05
Posts: 526
Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
On paper Butler looks great and they do have some very nice players. My concern is that they are inflated because of a pretty weak schedule. A little shocked to see them ranked in the top ten of the state poll because of this. I see them as a one win team in the tournament at most. Not being critical just the reality. Great season though and they should be proud. I just think they get exposed when they play top teams. Bad first quarter kept them from beating Trotwood and meltdown with under 2 minutes saw them lose a commanding lead over Sidney. Gut check game Tuesday at Sidney for all the marbles.


Butler isn’t bad but not the 1 seed. They were down 13 to Beavercreek with 4 minutes left in the game. They made the comeback and win by 3 in OT but Beavercreek is like 6-16. They play a tough s schedule I guess but they choked that game away. I think Wayne or Centerville 1 and 2, the other 3 battle for 3-5 seeds. Springfield is very dependent on Moss. they’ve lost 7-8 games this year, they’re not a 1or 2 seed imo. We will know in a couple hours what the coaches think


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-19, 01:17 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 3,069
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Dont be shocked if Wayne or Springfield sees where Butler goes(depending what happens in Cincy) and jumps in that bracket. Elks are scariest team to play right now but I dont think it matters nobody in SWO will beat Moeller
Moeller will likely go Cincy 5 in Cincinnati sectional draw--then East, Mason, and Oak Hills will go in Cincy sections 2,3 and 4 in some manner leaving Cincy 1 sectional for any team who wants to face Moeller in the District game as Cincy 1 will play Cincy 5---Cincy 2, 3 and 4 winners will play Dayton sectional winners at the District games.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-19, 03:04 PM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: Sidney (Not Australia)
Posts: 31,728
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Dayton 1 @ Trotwood & Centerville (Cincinnati 2)

#7 Miamisburg vs. #10 Lebanon (#9 Xenia BYE)
#19 Piqua vs. #1 Centerville (#16 Northmont BYE)

Dayton 2 @ Trotwood & Centerville (Cincinnati 3)

#17 Stebbins vs. #5 Wayne (#14 Beavercreek BYE)
#15 Franklin vs. #6 Fairmont
#13 Belmont vs. #3 Butler

Dayton 3 @ Butler HS (Cincinnati 4)

#2 Springfield vs. #20 Tecumseh (#18 Troy BYE)
#8 Fairborn vs. #11 Springboro
#4 Sidney vs. #12 Carroll
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-19, 03:10 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 564
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Dayton 1 @ Trotwood & Centerville (Cincinnati 2)

#7 Miamisburg vs. #10 Lebanon (#9 Xenia BYE)
#19 Piqua vs. #1 Centerville (#16 Northmont BYE)

Dayton 2 @ Trotwood & Centerville (Cincinnati 3)

#17 Stebbins vs. #5 Wayne (#14 Beavercreek BYE)
#15 Franklin vs. #6 Fairmont
#13 Belmont vs. #3 Butler

Dayton 3 @ Butler HS (Cincinnati 4)

#2 Springfield vs. #20 Tecumseh (#18 Troy BYE)
#8 Fairborn vs. #11 Springboro
#4 Sidney vs. #12 Carroll
It looks likes everyone stayed away from the Elks. Centerville will walk into the Districts. I agree that Moeller is the team to beat.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-19, 03:41 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,415
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
It looks likes everyone stayed away from the Elks. Centerville will walk into the Districts. I agree that Moeller is the team to beat.
They have easiest route but dont overlook Xenia the Curtis kid is capable of 40+ on any night
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-19, 03:47 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 564
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
They have easiest route but dont overlook Xenia the Curtis kid is capable of 40+ on any night
Cupps will take Curtis out of game. Xenia doesn't have a strong enough supporting cast to win.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-19, 04:21 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,072
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Relatively easy route for Centerville, but I would be leery of Xenia. Curtis is a mega stud and they play at a much higher scoring pace than Centerville. They shoot a fairly high number of 3s with three guys not named Curtis shooting 33%+ from outside.

Cupps is great at controlling pace, but Xenia probably isn't a team I'd feel comfortable leading by only 10-12 points in the second half of a tournament game.


Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-19, 04:57 PM
BrutusBuckeye90 BrutusBuckeye90 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-22-15
Location: Sidney OH
Posts: 753
BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Relatively easy route for Centerville, but I would be leery of Xenia. Curtis is a mega stud and they play at a much higher scoring pace than Centerville. They shoot a fairly high number of 3s with three guys not named Curtis shooting 33%+ from outside.

Cupps is great at controlling pace, but Xenia probably isn't a team I'd feel comfortable leading by only 10-12 points in the second half of a tournament game.


Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Curtis is a stud. No doubt. But he has ZERO help. None.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-10-19, 05:19 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 451
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
It looks likes everyone stayed away from the Elks. Centerville will walk into the Districts. I agree that Moeller is the team to beat.
Centerville is not good enough to ignore Miamisburg. Ville beat burg by 4, earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-10-19, 05:39 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,072
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye90 View Post
Curtis is a stud. No doubt. But he has ZERO help. None.
I wouldn't say he has zero help. They have a sophomore guard that averages about 11ppg, and then a handful of role players that average around 5-6 ppg. They just don't have a 2nd or 3rd stud. Fairmont is the only team to hold Curtis to under 20 pts this year (he scored 19), and Xenia had three other guys score in double figures that game. If you sell out big time to stop him, they have a few guys that are fully capable of making open shots.


Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-10-19, 05:43 PM
TheBenchwarmer TheBenchwarmer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-09-06
Location: Clayton
Posts: 1,041
TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Looks like Sidney has the easiest path to districts
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-10-19, 06:26 PM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: Sidney (Not Australia)
Posts: 31,728
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Looks like Sidney has the easiest path to districts
Ehh I don't know about that. We can't pretend like that 2 point loss to Fairborn didn't happen even if Sidney was up by 20 at one point.

Not to mention Springfield knocked them out of the tourney last season in a 63-62 thriller.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-10-19, 06:45 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,415
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Looks like Sidney has the easiest path to districts
Lol
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-19, 02:27 AM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,920
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Dayton 1 @ Trotwood & Centerville (Cincinnati 2)

#7 Miamisburg vs. #10 Lebanon (#9 Xenia BYE)
#19 Piqua vs. #1 Centerville (#16 Northmont BYE)

Dayton 2 @ Trotwood & Centerville (Cincinnati 3)

#17 Stebbins vs. #5 Wayne (#14 Beavercreek BYE)
#15 Franklin vs. #6 Fairmont
#13 Belmont vs. #3 Butler

Dayton 3 @ Butler HS (Cincinnati 4)

#2 Springfield vs. #20 Tecumseh (#18 Troy BYE)
#8 Fairborn vs. #11 Springboro
#4 Sidney vs. #12 Carroll
Fairmont has some good players. The future for that program is very bright. It's pretty tough to beat a team 3 times in the same year. With that being said, if you're a Wayne fan, you've got to like this draw.....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-19, 04:13 PM
lat lat is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-15-11
Posts: 940
lat is on a distinguished road
So Sidney beats butler and Wayne and has possibly the best overall record and only pulls the 4th seed. To me that’s kinda of a kick in the teeth and I hope the boys will play with that chip on their shoulders. Hope to see them and Springfield in the final should be a great game
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-11-19, 05:34 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,673
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lat View Post
So Sidney beats butler and Wayne and has possibly the best overall record and only pulls the 4th seed. To me that’s kinda of a kick in the teeth and I hope the boys will play with that chip on their shoulders. Hope to see them and Springfield in the final should be a great game
weak schedule....

Wayne beats Springfield, Centerville, and Trotwood and gets a 5th.... I'll take it as it does not matter as Wayne, Centerville, and Springfield will all go in opposite brackets anyhow....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-11-19, 06:50 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,072
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I don't think anyone should get overly fixated on Springfield's record. They've lost eight games, but those eight losses were to a national power prep school team, the best team in Ohio, a red hot Centerville team, Wayne in 3OT, and four of the top 7-8 seeds in D1 in a loaded Central district/region.

They are as battle tested as anyone, especially considering how many of those games they were short-handed. The degree of difficulty of their schedule has been much greater than a few of those other Dayton area teams with better records.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-11-19, 07:19 PM
maravich maravich is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-17-15
Posts: 17
maravich is on a distinguished road
A lot of talk about tough schedules on here...and not so tough schedules too.

Cville schedule stacks up to any:

Oak Ridge, FL #1 ranked team in Florida win on neutral court
at Moeller #1 ranked D1 team in Ohio
at Trotwood #1 ranked D2 team in Ohio
at Purcell #6 ranked team in D3
Louisville Trinity #4 ranked team (all schools) in Kentucky top program
at Springfield double digit win on road
at Wayne haven't played them at home yet
at LaSalle never easy place to play even if LaSalle off this year

Plus the normal, fight to the end games vs Fairmont.

Still have Wayne to play and Toledo St. Johns.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-12-19, 08:35 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 564
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maravich View Post
A lot of talk about tough schedules on here...and not so tough schedules too.

Cville schedule stacks up to any:

Oak Ridge, FL #1 ranked team in Florida win on neutral court
at Moeller #1 ranked D1 team in Ohio
at Trotwood #1 ranked D2 team in Ohio
at Purcell #6 ranked team in D3
Louisville Trinity #4 ranked team (all schools) in Kentucky top program
at Springfield double digit win on road
at Wayne haven't played them at home yet
at LaSalle never easy place to play even if LaSalle off this year

Plus the normal, fight to the end games vs Fairmont.

Still have Wayne to play and Toledo St. Johns.
Elks are definitely battle tested. I still have 2 concerns about this year's team - lack of 3pt shooting outside of Pearce and lack of overall size (Nje is only player over 6'3" & guards are short). It should be an interesting tourney run.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-12-19, 09:09 AM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,415
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Elks are definitely battle tested. I still have 2 concerns about this year's team - lack of 3pt shooting outside of Pearce and lack of overall size (Nje is only player over 6'3" & guards are short). It should be an interesting tourney run.
Other then the obvious Moeller size shouldnt be to much of an issue
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-12-19, 12:05 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 564
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Other then the obvious Moeller size shouldnt be to much of an issue
You might be right. I haven't seen much height around SW Ohio except Moeller.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-12-19, 06:53 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 36,673
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Oak Ridge is not the #1 team in Florida but they are very tough.... great win by ELKS in that game.

No doubt that Wayne, Centerville, and Springfield have played a much tougher schedule than the weak ones of that of Butler and Sidney.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 28 12-02-18 12:06 AM
2018 Unknown/Open Week EagleFan Football 56 04-18-18 12:39 PM
Help With These Scores (Yes, it's alot!) Yappi Boys Basketball 23 01-05-18 05:56 PM
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM
Div 1 Dayton Seeding and Bracket 3343 Girls Soccer 16 10-09-17 10:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz