Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-28-19, 01:37 PM
All Region

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Division 3 Toledo Central Catholic District

Any predictions on how the seeding and brackets play out? I assume the top 3 teams will get a bye.

Genoa looks like the #1 seed to me.

Current record, Team, Remaining games/record prior to draw.

13-0 Genoa (Eastwood 6-8, Otsego 7-7, Woodmore 7-8, Clyde 9-6)
12-2 Evergreen (Patrick Henry 3-12, Edon 3-10, Wauseon 12-3, Fayette 10-5)
13-3 Cardinal Stritch (Toledo Christian 11-3, Ottawa Hills 8-4)
10-5 Elmwood (Otsego 7-7, Woodmore 7-8, Lake 1-12, Wauseon 12-3)

7-7 Otsego
7-8 Woodmore
6-8 Eastwood
6-9 Swanton
5-9 Gibsonburg
4-11 Northwood
3-10 Delta
3-12 Rossford
1-12 Lake

Top 4 teams, opponent's records. Average PPG and PPG against as of 1/28/2019;

Genoa 64-108 .372 64.5-42.1 Margin 22.4
Evergreen 83-92 .474 60.3-45.1 Margin 15.2
Cardinal Stritch 126-99 .560 69.8-46.4 Margin 23.4
Elmwood 81-131 .382 56.2-50.1 Margin 6.1

Teams beat with a winning record;

Genoa (2) Anthony Wayne 8-5, Elmwood 10-5
Evergreen (2) Ottawa Hills 8-4, Anthony Wayne 9-5
Cardinal Stritch (6) Erie Mason 9-2, Evergreen 12-2, Collins Kentucky #7 in State 16-5, Central Catholic 10-6, Ottawa Hills 8-4, Maumee Valley 10-4
Elmwood (None)

Losses;

Genoa (None)
Evergreen (2) Cardinal Stritch 13-3, Lenawee Christian 9-2
Cardinal Stritch (3) Toledo Christian 11-3, Blackman Tennesee 15-6, Marion Local 8-5
Elmwood (5) Gibsonburg 5-9, Otsego 7-7, Old Fort 11-4, Genoa 13-0, Liberty Benton 5-10

Last edited by Cardboard Palace; 01-28-19 at 01:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-19, 03:06 PM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Pretty simple as it stands now
1. Genoa
2. Stritch
3. Evergreen
4. Elmwood

Don't see Evergreen jumping to #2 unless they win out (including Wauseon) and Stritch loses again.

Genoa's schedule has been ridiculously bad, but I think if they stay unbeaten they'll get the 1 seed. They do have Wauseon late in the season...should get a better idea of where the Comets are after that one

Should be interesting...I don't think anyone other than Genoa, Stritch or Evergreen has a shot at coming out of that District. At this point I'm leaning toward Stritch.
Old 01-28-19, 06:44 PM
Varsity

Fayette 79 is on a distinguished road
I agree with TC on the seeds.

Definitely think that Evergreen will go to Genoa's side of the bracket...Genoa held off an average Swanton team this past weekend and as was said before their schedule has been terrible.

This will be a fun District with 3 very good teams.
Old 01-29-19, 02:39 PM
All Ohio

Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayette 79 View Post
Definitely think that Evergreen will go to Genoa's side of the bracket...Genoa held off an average Swanton team this past weekend and as was said before their schedule has been terrible. This will be a fun District with 3 very good teams.
Stritch Evergreen would be another good game. 3 of the last 4 meetings have been nail biters.

Re-watched Stritch 67 v Evergreen 54 from early in the season.

Stritch went on a 28-5 run over the course of about 8 minutes starting at 6:00 of the 2nd quarter. The rest of the game was very competitive.

That is the most points Stritch has given up, excluding the Central Catholic double OT game and tied with the Ottawa Hills game when they were up 39-12 thru the 6:00 mark of the 3rd quarter, before deciding to not play any defense for the 1st extended stretch all year.......giving up 42 points in the final 14 minutes of the game.

I'm sure the teams are focused on the regular season, but it is fun for the fans to look ahead........and of course Stritch vs Genoa round 3 would be a great game too.
Old 01-29-19, 07:25 PM
All World

Maple_City_Fan is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to Cardinal Stritch arriving to The Garage in a couple weeks to take on currently 13-2 Norwalk Truckers.
Old 01-30-19, 08:27 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_City_Fan View Post
Looking forward to Cardinal Stritch arriving to The Garage in a couple weeks to take on currently 13-2 Norwalk Truckers.
I have been going to Norwalk for years to watch the regional volleyball tournament. Should be a good game. Looking forward to it.

Watched the Huron game on BCSN Erie. Haraway was out so it wasn't a good representation of reality.

Tell me about the Truckers.
Old 02-02-19, 12:37 PM
Varsity

ILikeSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayette 79 View Post
I agree with TC on the seeds.

Definitely think that Evergreen will go to Genoa's side of the bracket...Genoa held off an average Swanton team this past weekend and as was said before their schedule has been terrible.

This will be a fun District with 3 very good teams.
Swanton could be an interesting team. I could see them going out early or causing some trouble for a highly seeded team. They led Genoa 19-9 after one quarter, they led Evergreen all but the last minute or so of the last game they played and they played with Wauseon until the Indians pulled away late. But they also lost to Otsego and Delta. If they can learn to finish it could be interesting.
Old 02-10-19, 09:55 PM
All Ohio

Seeds are; Genoa 1, Stritch 2, Evergreen 3 and Elmwood 4.

Evergreen picked the Genoa side of the bracket as a couple people predicted above.
Old 02-11-19, 08:41 AM
Freshman

Cedar_Point is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I have been going to Norwalk for years to watch the regional volleyball tournament. Should be a good game. Looking forward to it.

Watched the Huron game on BCSN Erie. Haraway was out so it wasn't a good representation of reality.

Tell me about the Truckers.
Truckers are a defensive team. They like to run sets and typically are very patient on offense. Haraway is a stud and the Truckers rely on him to score. The rest of the team all know their rolls and accept them. Teams donít really attempt to pressure them because Haraway is so athletic and a good ball handler. Because of their style they could be ripe for an early upset in tourney. With that being said they could end up in Columbus like Lexington last year. Looking forward to checking out the game Tuesday.
Old 02-11-19, 09:19 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar_Point View Post
Truckers are a defensive team. They like to run sets and typically are very patient on offense. Haraway is a stud and the Truckers rely on him to score. The rest of the team all know their rolls and accept them. Teams donít really attempt to pressure them because Haraway is so athletic and a good ball handler. Because of their style they could be ripe for an early upset in tourney. With that being said they could end up in Columbus like Lexington last year. Looking forward to checking out the game Tuesday.
Should be a tight game and good preparation for both teams heading into the tournament.
Old 02-11-19, 09:25 AM
All Region

Genoa (1) BYE

Rossford (9)
Gibsonburg (10)

Evergreen (3)
Lake (13)

Woodmore (7)
Swanton (8)

Stritch (2) BYE

Delta (11)
Northwood (12)

Elmwood (4) BYE

Eastwood (6)
Otsego (5)
Old 02-11-19, 05:51 PM
All World

Great description of Truckers. At times, they get sloppy, and somehow, it ropes the other team being sloppy. We like to win ugly in the Maple City.
Old 02-12-19, 01:13 PM
All Region

Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar_Point View Post
Is Haraway the younger brother of the kid that was the stud on the state championship team?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-19, 02:41 PM
All World

Yes. And the other stud from that team is their cousin, Jeff Thomas who is 5th year Senior at D1 Georgia State.
Old 02-12-19, 02:58 PM
All World

Forgot one more thing; Thomas's younger sister was runner-up for Ms. Basketball two years ago. So obviously, that family has minimal basketball talent.
Old 02-12-19, 09:17 PM
All World

Congratulations to Stritch tonight. Very solid club.
Old 02-13-19, 08:54 AM
All Ohio

Stritch 57 Norwalk 40.

Good win for the Cardinals at Norwalk. The Truckers had a 14 game win streak, had not lost at home and beat a solid Lexington team (D2 Final 4 in 2017-18) last week.

The description of the Truckers above was very accurate. I can see them being tough in a tight game or when they have the lead. They made a nice run early in the 2nd quarter and at the end of the 3rd quarter, but seemed to get gassed and ran out of steam.

Obviously, Stritch scoring 25 points in the 2nd quarter against a good defensive team and not allowing Norwalk to score in the 4th quarter after they cut the lead to 7 at the end of 3, was big for them.

Haraway is a nice player and 1,000 points is a great accomplishment. I thought Holifield did a great job to hold him to 7 points.

Without Caryer 6'6" (D2 Tiffin signee) available, Dunsmore stepped up for Stritch hitting three 3's and scoring 11 points.

Every time I go to Norwalk I come away thinking that they do things the right way (basketball and volleyball).

Last edited by Smalls; 02-13-19 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-13-19, 12:11 PM
Freshman

Cedar_Point is on a distinguished road
If Stritch isn’t play in the regional final I’ll be very surprised.
Old 02-13-19, 12:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSports View Post
Swanton could be an interesting team. I could see them going out early or causing some trouble for a highly seeded team. They led Genoa 19-9 after one quarter, they led Evergreen all but the last minute or so of the last game they played and they played with Wauseon until the Indians pulled away late. But they also lost to Otsego and Delta. If they can learn to finish it could be interesting.
Looks like Swanton has the toughest line in the bracket when you consider who they would have to play if they win and move on each game.
Old 02-13-19, 04:07 PM
Varsity

ILikeSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
Looks like Swanton has the toughest line in the bracket when you consider who they would have to play if they win and move on each game.
Yeah. Having to beat the top 3 seeds is almost certainly too much to ask. I thought maybe they could surprise one of them after their games against Evergreen and Genoa. They will have their hands full with Woodmore before they even get a chance.

I know Genoa is undefeated but I'll be pretty surprised if Stritch doesn't come out of this district.