Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-02-19, 10:44 AM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Eh. Every kid wants to play for the blue bloods. Nothing wrong with that.
Most realize thatís not going to happen. Heís the most selfish player Iíve ever seen. He frequently launches 3s from near half court and he plays no Defense. Thatís not even taking into account, he probably lost his amateur status playing in Europe
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-19, 11:40 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
I donít understand why UCLA has trouble finding coaches. I know Howland went to 3 Straight FFs, but with the talent on those rosters, he shouldíve won at least 1 Title. The Ď08 team had Westbrook, Kevin Love, Darren Collison, and few other NBA guys.

UCLA is the only Blue Blood program out West other than MAYBE Arizona, but I donít think of them as Blue Bloods. Their facilities, Campus, Tradition, and recruiting territory should keep them as consistently good as UNC, UK, Duke, or Kansas.
I would put Gonzaga in there as well. I think we have to look at college basketball differently now. Probably even going back to the last 20 years. The explosion of AAU and these kids now playing national competition has changed everything. Once the cream of the crop has chosen Kansas, Kentucky, NC or Duke, there is a next level of players who are really really good. In fact, I'd say there are more/ better high school players now than ever. I won't say the play is always better, but the college prospective athlete is better than ever. This leads to parity.

Now the balance is how many one and done's do you entertain? They tend to not give you a great chance to win the NCAA title. The ups and downs of the long freshman season normally catch up to them. So having a mix if veterans, especially at the guard position, seems to be the key to making deep tournament runs.
Old 01-12-19, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
How do you lose your man like that. Wow was that bad.
Old 01-12-19, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

There wasn't anyone within 15 feet of him
Old 01-12-19, 04:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I would put Gonzaga in there as well. I think we have to look at college basketball differently now. Probably even going back to the last 20 years. The explosion of AAU and these kids now playing national competition has changed everything. Once the cream of the crop has chosen Kansas, Kentucky, NC or Duke, there is a next level of players who are really really good. In fact, I'd say there are more/ better high school players now than ever. I won't say the play is always better, but the college prospective athlete is better than ever. This leads to parity.

Now the balance is how many one and done's do you entertain? They tend to not give you a great chance to win the NCAA title. The ups and downs of the long freshman season normally catch up to them. So having a mix if veterans, especially at the guard position, seems to be the key to making deep tournament runs.
Gonzaga doesnít get many high profile recruits. UCLA should be as consistently good as those 4 schools you mentioned.
Old 01-12-19, 04:34 PM
All Yappi

UNC blows
Old 01-12-19, 04:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
There wasn't anyone within 15 feet of him
FSU always plays Duke tough at home. The biggest story for me is Reddish coming to life. Heís been underachieving all Yr, today might be the game that puts him on track. I still think Michigan is the best team in the country but if Reddish can play at this level, Duke is nearly unbeatable. They didnít even have Williamson the entire 2nd half.
Old 01-12-19, 04:36 PM
All American

Quote:
UNC blows
This Yr they kind of suck. However, 9/10 yrs theyíre Top 10. No reason at all UCLA shouldnít be able to match that succcess.
Old 01-12-19, 04:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
This Yr they kind of suck. However, 9/10 yrs theyíre Top 10. No reason at all UCLA shouldnít be able to match that succcess.
Agreed I wasn't referring to your convo with14red. Just saw there score against U of L
Old 01-13-19, 01:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Agreed I wasn't referring to your convo with14red. Just saw there score against U of L
That was the worst loss Roy Williams has ever had at home. For some reason, heís dead set on having his most talented player (Nasir Little) come off the Bench.
Old 01-14-19, 11:05 AM
All American

For this week, I have to pick UVA to beat Duke at Cameron. I hope Iím wrong, but I think theyíre the exact type of team that will give Duke fits. However, doesnít mean I think theyíve got a better chance at the FF. Their style of play puts them at risk in every single one game elimination scenario.
Old 01-14-19, 01:14 PM
All Yappi

Agreed about them in the tournament. They obviously are a very good team but their offense allows for just one guy to get hot and beat them.
Old 01-14-19, 01:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Agreed about them in the tournament. They obviously are a very good team but their offense allows for just one guy to get hot and beat them.
Thatís why all of the Tony Bennet jock riding gets old. I donít have anything against him, but Iím tired of his repeated Tournament failures being ignored when talking about him. He won AP Coach of the Yr after a historic loss where his team got blown out by a 16 Seed. Your regular season record doesnít mean much relative to that type of loss. Yet the media will keep gurgling his balls bc heís the ďunderdogĒ coach.
Old 01-14-19, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

If it was done like football where regular season mattered a lot more and less teams are in the tournament, Virginia/Bennett would probably have a lot more success/viewed differently IMO.
Old 01-14-19, 02:36 PM
All American

Quote:
If it was done like football where regular season mattered a lot more and less teams are in the tournament, Virginia/Bennett would probably have a lot more success/viewed differently IMO.
I think he gets the benefit of the doubt as is. I know it’s much harder to win at UVA than UK, Duke, KS,etc. However, the media talks about him like he’s only a notch below those coaches. It’s not his fault, but it’s rather irritating to have all of this constant hype around him and UVA when they don’t win in March. However, 2 yrs ago I had the same rant on Gonzaga and they went to the Title game, so who knows?
Old 01-15-19, 06:36 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Thank you Orange for a Great win...BAM!
Old 01-15-19, 09:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Thank you Orange for a Great win...BAM!
Except Duke was down 2 starters. If Jones is out an extended time, thatís really going to hurt Duke. The ACC is a meat grinder, not one team out there that canít be any other team on a given night. They could easily fall out of a 1 seed.
Old 01-15-19, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

Duke's stat line against zone defense (small sample size) is really bad. Had a buddy moneyline it because of that reason alone, granted he got help with no Jones.

That is the way to beat them, take away the lane, slow it down, and dont let them play fast or in transition.

Playing Syracuse is always tough because you dont practice much against zone defenses and it just brings you out of your element. Wouldn't be concerned if I was a Duke fan (outside of the injury to Jones)
Old 01-15-19, 02:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Duke's stat line against zone defense (small sample size) is really bad. Had a buddy moneyline it because of that reason alone, granted he got help with no Jones.

That is the way to beat them, take away the lane, slow it down, and dont let them play fast or in transition.

Playing Syracuse is always tough because you dont practice much against zone defenses and it just brings you out of your element. Wouldn't be concerned if I was a Duke fan (outside of the injury to Jones)
Thatís a big concern though. They were on their way to winning that game comfortably, and when he went out, everything fell apart. Supposedly itís only a sprained AC joint, so it wonít end his season. Didnít help Dukeís best 3 Pt shooter (Reddish) was also out ill.
Old 01-16-19, 08:03 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Thatís a big concern though. They were on their way to winning that game comfortably, and when he went out, everything fell apart. Supposedly itís only a sprained AC joint, so it wonít end his season. Didnít help Dukeís best 3 Pt shooter (Reddish) was also out ill.
That's a problem though. Does Duke really have that little depth?
Old 01-16-19, 11:50 AM
All Yappi

Yes
Old 01-17-19, 08:01 PM
All American

Fortunately for Duke, doesnít look like Jones will miss more than 1-2 games. Barret and Williamson are better players, but Jones plays like a more experienced player. Without Jones, they probably wouldnít go further than the S16.
Old 01-19-19, 06:21 PM
All Yappi

For a top 5 team I dont think I have seen such bad rim protection and rebounding
Old 01-19-19, 06:44 PM
All Yappi

That flagrant foul on PJ was horrendous. It was a foul but not flagrant. Refs look even more dumb by going to the monitor and calling that. Unbelievable. Almost changed the game
Old 01-19-19, 07:12 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
UD knocks off Saint Bonaventure 89 - 86, Saint Henry grad Ryan Mikesell had 21 pts. for the Flyers.
Old 01-19-19, 08:16 PM
All American

Duke with a huge win w/o Jones.
Old 01-19-19, 08:38 PM
All Yappi

Zion is so good at getting to the rim
Old 01-20-19, 12:14 AM
All American

Quote:
Zion is so good at getting to the rim
This guy is 6 ft 8, 285 lbs. This should not be physically possible

Old 02-02-19, 05:10 PM
All American

NC State, who is a Top 25 team, scored a grand total of 24 points today in a loss at Home to VA Tech. Thatís so bad it should almost automatically disqualify them from the Tournament. How the hell does that happen to a good team?
Old 02-02-19, 06:32 PM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Zion looked good against St. Ponds today