Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-10-19, 08:10 PM
All District

vikings4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Wow! You got a chance to listen to Coach Babe speak about ethics and integrity? Can you provide any details as to what that sounded like?
Arc, Que pasa? You have no comment on your "beloved Brush" being a second seed. Do not give up on them now.
Old 02-10-19, 08:57 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
There will soon be a empty seat on the Brush bandwagon. Arc has been pretty silent since Babe and the Vikings broke his heart and beat Euclid. I'm sure he had a whole arsenal of BS to unleash had VASJ lost. Maybe next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 02-11-19, 10:20 AM
All World

Vikings have a tough one on Friday night as they travel to Benedictine. If the second game is anything like the first one it should be a good one.

Old 02-11-19, 10:27 AM
All Region

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
I was able to attend the game because I was looking for a spirited contest and I felt guilty about keeping that 100 bucks I made off the enhanced ticket prices at VASJ. I really did not care to see one team win over the other. So to say Coach Babe broke my heart when VASJ defeated Euclid on the basketball court is erroneous. I was, however, within earshot to hear some of the less than classy comments Coach Babe dropped in the handshake line. You would like to think someone with five gold medals would be above acting like they haven't been there before.
Old 02-11-19, 10:35 AM
All World

So you must have been on the Euclid side - shocking.

Old 02-11-19, 01:22 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
100% and it annoys me on how a handful of the alumni base just vanished and openly root against the school succeeding on the court. It's still your alma mater! Support the name on the front of the jersey, not who runs the programs or who is the president, principal etc...
Speaking of that, what's up with Harvey's coach Woj voting VASJ last seed? I get he likes the Moran's at Lake so he gives them 12 pts and he doesn't like the old Administration or new administration or Babe but you try and hurt our kids with a 1pt vote? I thought he had more integrity than that.

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Division2BoysBasketball.pdf
Old 02-11-19, 01:32 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
So you must have been on the Euclid side - shocking.

Well, I was going to sit on the VASJ side but I ended up walking in with a young man named Ryan. Apparently Ryan was on the coaching staff at VASJ for a number of years and he was not pleased with what is going on there. He was walking across the street from a restaurant that used to be called Belanich's, not sure what it is called now, which is near to where I parked. This youngster was talking my ear off. I mean, he could really go on for hours if I let him. Anyhow, in the midst of one of his tales I simply lost track of which entry doors I was going in. I stood by the concession stand to see if anyone in a red polo would show up so that I may provide them with their two complimentary booster dogs but to my dismay no one showed.
Old 02-11-19, 01:36 PM
All Ohio

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, I was going to sit on the VASJ side but I ended up walking in with a young man named Ryan. Apparently Ryan was on the coaching staff at VASJ for a number of years and he was not pleased with what is going on there. He was walking across the street from a restaurant that used to be called Belanich's, not sure what it is called now, which is near to where I parked. This youngster was talking my ear off. I mean, he could really go on for hours if I let him. Anyhow, in the midst of one of his tales I simply lost track of which entry doors I was going in. I stood by the concession stand to see if anyone in a red polo would show up so that I may provide them with their two complimentary booster dogs but to my dismay no one showed.
Wait, you parked near a restaurant that you remembered what it used to be called but cant remember what it's called now? Even though you parked near it for the game?? Sounds fishy to me
Old 02-11-19, 02:04 PM
All World

Harvey slammed the Vikings in the seed voting. Here is praying we can hook up with them at Lakeside. That would be awesome. I still think this team has another gear and we will see it come tournament time.

Old 02-11-19, 02:32 PM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
Wait, you parked near a restaurant that you remembered what it used to be called but cant remember what it's called now? Even though you parked near it for the game?? Sounds fishy to me
Seafood?
Old 02-11-19, 02:39 PM
All Ohio

James x2 is on a distinguished road
I'm sure the coaches don't like their voting being public record.But crap like this casts a foul smell on the sour grapes of Woj.Lets just beat the tar out of any and all.
Old 02-11-19, 02:44 PM
All Ohio

We are getting closer

Quote:
Ryan is a young man who is an Alumni and used to do the video taping of the games.No need to implicate the innocent here.Sounds like Skinny's on 222nd.
Old 02-11-19, 02:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You know exactly who Ryan is and no he was not a coach, he helped with filming and other tasks. Play your sick little games somewhere else and leave Ryan alone. You're still a coward.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 02-11-19 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-11-19, 02:53 PM
All World

The votes should be public knowledge. The coaches used to do the seeding face to face - now they get to hide behind a computer. I say F Woj. Anybody who would punish innocent kids because of his hard feelings toward his former school is classless and a joke. Once the OHSAA saw where he voted Joe's the votes for Harvey should have been disallowed.

Does anybody honestly think Joe's is the worst team in the District? Harvey thinks the 5th ranked team in Ohio is dead last at the Lakeside District. God in heaven PLEASE let Harvey knock off Lake (slim chance) and face Joe's in the final. I dont normally like seeing teams pile on the points when the game is out of reach - this would be an exception.

Woj was fired for just cause. This is sour grapes and it's wrong. It's no wonder Arc has Woj as one of the areas best coaches - low lifes stick together.

Old 02-11-19, 03:32 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
I will say this about Woj and even Perry voting VASJ last. Woj does not like Babe or Tedd over what happened when Tedd was let go and that grudge carried over on top of what happened when he was let go in 2010 which was his own doing, but that is another story. Now Woj and TJ Kwas get along now ironically. I believe this was geared towards Babe and not the team itself which is still petty and really unnecessary. It’s stuff like that where I believe you need a system that eliminates coach voting at district seeding draws. And if anyone saw the list, almost every single vote he made was dropped. Add more fuel to the fire and stir the pot, because if Harvey and Joes meet for the District crown (slim chance) there will be drama going down and it will get ugly. The PD and the NH will be drooling over that headline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-19, 04:21 PM
All District

It is tough when you go from the penthouse of programs to the outhouse of programs. However, WOJ has done a good job there and his presence removed them from the outhouse. I hope that we do play Harvey for obvious reasons. Why is there so much dissension between BABE-TJ-WOJ-TEDD-GOD knows who else? Is it possible for all of us to get along? High school basketball is one of the great shows on earth. I do not need any of this coffee house crap.
Old 02-11-19, 04:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikings4life View Post
It is tough when you go from the penthouse of programs to the outhouse of programs. However, WOJ has done a good job there and his presence removed them from the outhouse. I hope that we do play Harvey for obvious reasons. Why is there so much dissension between BABE-TJ-WOJ-TEDD-GOD knows who else? Is it possible for all of us to get along? High school basketball is one of the great shows on earth. I do not need any of this coffee house crap.

I think they just enjoy having the same petty drama that you see in the NBA smh

Old 02-11-19, 04:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
I think they just enjoy having the same petty drama that you see in the NBA smh

I do not know why I find that humorous but I did laugh.
Old 02-11-19, 05:12 PM
All World

I find it funny that the coach Arc constantly trys to embarrass votes correctly and rewards Harvey for the solid season the KIDS have had - yet the coach who he considers elite goes D-bag and trys to punish the current Viking team for mistakes he made while coaching Joe's.

Old 02-11-19, 05:15 PM
Varsity

Carol Danvers is on a distinguished road
Nothing to see here. I believe Woj put himself number one last year. Pretty sure Harvey was sub .500 last year. Still would be nice to treat the seeding seriously.

I know nothing of St. Martin. West Geauga will be without Irwin and not sure if the other 20 point scorer Bissler will be back. Good game for the young guys to play.
Old 02-11-19, 05:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikings4life View Post
"Why is there so much dissension..."? - Egos
Old 02-11-19, 05:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I find it funny that the coach Arc constantly trys to embarrass votes correctly and rewards Harvey for the solid season the KIDS have had - yet the coach who he considers elite goes D-bag and trys to punish the current Viking team for mistakes he made while coaching Joe's.

That says it all, doesn't it?
Old 02-11-19, 06:16 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Danvers View Post
Nothing to see here. I believe Woj put himself number one last year. Pretty sure Harvey was sub .500 last year. Still would be nice to treat the seeding seriously.

I know nothing of St. Martin. West Geauga will be without Irwin and not sure if the other 20 point scorer Bissler will be back. Good game for the young guys to play.

Nothing to see here ? Really. Woj did not select Harvey #1 and say Lake #2 and Joe's #3 - he put VASJ dead last behind teams with little to no wins. I have never had an issue with Woj and have always been cordial with him - not anymore. This was a blatant attempt to penalize our kids who have had a great season up until this point and well deserving of the #1 seed. If Woj hates Babe, Papa and the school, that is his choice - but its classless to hurt the kids who had zero to do with him being fired. If Woj did not screw up he very well might still be at Joe's.

Old 02-11-19, 06:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Nothing to see here ? Really. Woj did not select Harvey #1 and say Lake #2 and Joe's #3 - he put VASJ dead last behind teams with little to no wins. I have never had an issue with Woj and have always been cordial with him - not anymore. This was a blatant attempt to penalize our kids who have had a great season up until this point and well deserving of the #1 seed. If Woj hates Babe, Papa and the school, that is his choice - but its classless to hurt the kids who had zero to do with him being fired. If Woj did not screw up he very well might still be at Joe's.

Yeah I don’t understand it especially when it becomes public. Even Perry voted them last.

Old 02-11-19, 06:28 PM
Varsity

Carol Danvers is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You're missing my point. I agree with what you're saying. I'm saying he's done this in the past and I'm not surprised. You see the part where I say it would be nice to take the seeding seriously, right?
Old 02-11-19, 07:16 PM
All District

Unlimited Potential is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Speaking of that, what's up with Harvey's coach Woj voting VASJ last seed? I get he likes the Moran's at Lake so he gives them 12 pts and he doesn't like the old Administration or new administration or Babe but you try and hurt our kids with a 1pt vote? I thought he had more integrity than that.

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Division2BoysBasketball.pdf
Very low for a disgruntled former coach to vote his former team last in seeding. This would be like a coach talking badly about a former player to college coaches after that player transferred away from the program.
Old 02-11-19, 07:29 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
"Why is there so much dissension..."? - Egos
Who’s ego? Cmon Mug. Don’t make recap again what has transpired. Give an honest answer here or I’ll be forced too.
Old 02-11-19, 07:33 PM
All Ohio

Wink

Maybe all us Vikings should just sit behind the Harvey bench if and when they play Lake in the distict semis and just enjoy the show.Wonder if Woj still stomps his feet after a bad call by the refs.Still remember the last game we played at Channel and the entire student section of Channel imitating the Woj foot stomping
Old 02-11-19, 07:36 PM
All World

There is a chance one or both of those teams might see the Vikings at Lakeside - how nice would that be.
Old 02-11-19, 09:36 PM
All District

Woj

Dave gets a pass (get out of jail free card) from me, but not because I agree with his seeding selections. I admire people that have been thru great adversity but keep on their quest for self satisfaction and happiness in life. His redemptive existence is an inspiring story. He did what a MAN should do and that is to pick yourself up after a downfall and seek salvation. If you cannot praise, commend and appreciate that then you are white bread (meaning their is nothing to your soul).