Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-09-19, 06:56 PM
Freshman

Dud is on a distinguished road
Toledo D1 District

What are peoples thought on the draw and who is your pick on who wins it. IMO it should be fun this year, a lot of teams capable of beating each other

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-19, 07:51 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
other than the sectional locations being a bit of a mind boggle, not sure what to think. Why are Lake and Genoa even in this mix?

TRAC until proven otherwise.
Old 02-09-19, 08:25 PM
All Region

Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
Who gets the number one seed? Whitmer? Lima Senior? Northview?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-19, 09:21 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Similar boat a few years ago, Southview undefeated and I believe top seed but didn't fair well against the stronger TRAC. If Northview goes undefeated, they've earned it but I'm still going with TRAC until proven otherwise. Admittedly, since I don't think Start is quite ready, loyalties are with the yuppies.

How much fun would a Mason St. against Euclid Ave. be? Well, for Eastsiders anyhow. Best Final Four would be Start, Johnnies, Northview and whoever.
Old 02-10-19, 04:09 PM
All Region

Well, my Spartans got the three behind Northview and Whitmer. Not totally surprised. Let the games begin!

Old 02-10-19, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

How do they assign sectionals?
Old 02-10-19, 08:18 PM
All Region

Seed the teams 1-21. Top two pick where they want to go then everyone else places themselves. Believe the whole state is doing the super sectional format now..

Old 02-10-19, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Thanks

And again, how did Lake and Genoa get into this mix? Poor Ashland drives right by three sites to get to their game at Start.

mns
Old 02-10-19, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

My wish list has possibility. Northview and SJJ could meet in district semis, though CCHS is tough game for Northview. Start and Whitmer are on collision with their distric final.
Old 02-10-19, 09:46 PM
All Ohio

Smalls is on a distinguished road
Central has played so many tight games vs the top teams in the TRAC, I think they are due to win a couple. Central's guards might be able to slow West up and not let him play bully ball like he has all year.

I'll take Central vs St. Johns and Whitmer vs St. Francis. At some point St. Francis is going to put it together, right? I don't think Start matches up real well with Harris and Neal, but Start has some of that "it" that St. Francis has lacked in big games....but still taking St. Francis.
Old 02-10-19, 10:11 PM
Varsity

D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
We'll get to see how St. Francis and Start match up tomorrow night.
Old 02-10-19, 10:12 PM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Thanks

And again, how did Lake and Genoa get into this mix? Poor Ashland drives right by three sites to get to their game at Start.

mns
They were the 9 seed....at that point, it looks like they had 2 choices. Go to Genoa, have a bye and likely play St Francis....or go to Start with a bye and play Anthony Wayne. Not great with regard to travel, but the obvious choice as far as which one they would want to play with a trip to the District on the line
Old 02-10-19, 10:19 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
My wish list has possibility. Northview and SJJ could meet in district semis, though CCHS is tough game for Northview. Start and Whitmer are on collision with their distric final.
The Irish will have their hands full with Rogers in round 1.
Old 02-10-19, 10:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
They were the 9 seed....at that point, it looks like they had 2 choices. Go to Genoa, have a bye and likely play St Francis....or go to Start with a bye and play Anthony Wayne. Not great with regard to travel, but the obvious choice as far as which one they would want to play with a trip to the District on the line
I agree with you. Made the most sense at that point. I don't know how AW got the #6. They could have just as easily been the #11 seed.
Old 02-11-19, 06:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Central has played so many tight games vs the top teams in the TRAC, I think they are due to win a couple. Central's guards might be able to slow West up and not let him play bully ball like he has all year.
We thinking about the same 150lb kid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
The Irish will have their hands full with Rogers in round 1.
The first ten minutes could be dicey. CCHS is going to have no problem matching up with Rogers AND they'll play basketball. This Rogers club is all over the map, best I see they're winning when they have match-ups, not system. Besides Start, there is not a team in the TCL with any versatility. They play what they play and might be competitive one day and lose on another to a "weaker" team by 30 or to a decent team by 50.
Old 02-11-19, 07:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
It's not the draw that was the goofy part. It's that three of the districts are in the SE boonies when most of the teams are in the NW part of the city. Hence my quesiton, how did Lake and Genoa get into this mix? No one wanted to host games? I guess by any measure, whereever hosted that didn't let Ashland into Fostoria, they were going to travel.
Old 02-11-19, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

Direct Links to avoid the search
Toledo District 1
http://officials.myohsaa.org/Admin/B...urnamentId=414
Toledo District 2
http://officials.myohsaa.org/Admin/B...urnamentId=415
Old 02-11-19, 08:40 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
We thinking about the same 150lb kid? :shrug

No. You may be thinking about King from the "other view". Alec West is 6'3"-6'4" 200 PG. I think he will be the district POY or Co-POY along with Colbert.
Old 02-11-19, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
No. You may be thinking about King from the "other view". Alec West is 6'3"-6'4" 200 PG. I think he will be the district POY or Co-POY along with Colbert.
I was thinking of the right guy. I just didn't realize how big he was. Looks very skinny.
Old 02-11-19, 11:24 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Yeah, West is every bit 6'3 205. District POY? I get it but the award should be Colbert's. Northview simply has not played anyone.

With that said, in watching them, a team that takes the Wildcats lightly will pay the price. They play as a team and have some gritty kids.
Old 02-11-19, 12:21 PM
All American

Quote:
It's not the draw that was the goofy part. It's that three of the districts are in the SE boonies when most of the teams are in the NW part of the city. Hence my quesiton, how did Lake and Genoa get into this mix? No one wanted to host games? I guess by any measure, whereever hosted that didn't let Ashland into Fostoria, they were going to travel.
I guess I don't see the issue. It's 14 miles from Start to Lake and 19 miles to Genoa. It's not like you're talking an extra hour. Yes, only schools that offer to host get games...so that's probably a big part of it.

Oh, and if you use Google Maps and take the suggested route, which is what a bus would likely take....it's actually closer for Ashland to go to Genoa than it is Fostoria. 82.8 miles vs 83 miles
Old 02-11-19, 03:17 PM
All Region

scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
District 2 looks like a meat grinder. Findlay, Lima, SJJ, Northview. I feel like Whitmer was given a gift in District 1.
Old 02-11-19, 06:03 PM
All Yappi

Besides LS of course, the two teams that look to have given Whitmer the toughest ride were CCHS and PBurg. Kind of surprised one of those didn't give it a chance.

Quote:
I guess I don't see the issue. It's 14 miles from Start to Lake and 19 miles to Genoa. It's not like you're talking an extra hour. Yes, only schools that offer to host get games...so that's probably a big part of it.

Oh, and if you use Google Maps and take the suggested route, which is what a bus would likely take....it's actually closer for Ashland to go to Genoa than it is Fostoria. 82.8 miles vs 83 miles
Yeah but it's Genoa.

KIDDING!!!
Welp, one more community on the look-out for me.

Start is annoying. It's one of those you can't get there from here places and even that's slightly easier to navigate than their campus and hallways. I can probably get to Lake or Genoa quicker so maybe they're not such bad choices.

Lake does look to have the cream of the first round match-ups and two games to boot. Think one ticket will buy both games? I'd go to Genoa to see Waite but they got obliterated by SFS the first time and now lost to Start by 56 after only losing by 8 the first game. Can't imagine Matt doing that with intent to his alma mater, something must have happened to the Waite program or someone ticked someone off.
Old 02-12-19, 01:11 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuckeye99 View Post
District 2 looks like a meat grinder. Findlay, Lima, SJJ, Northview. I feel like Whitmer was given a gift in District 1.
Whitmer is gonna blow through Toledo 1.. Our side is a meat grinder. Hopefully we can weather that storm. Whoever comes out of 2, will be battle tested..

Old 02-12-19, 02:31 PM
All Region

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan87 View Post
Whitmer is gonna blow through Toledo 1.. Our side is a meat grinder. Hopefully we can weather that storm. Whoever comes out of 2, will be battle tested..

Don't sleep on St. Francis. If they shorten their bench and keep Harris in the post more, I think they can beat anyone.

Plus, Anthony Wayne beat Lima (I know it was early) and Start drilled Findlay by 18. So there are 4 teams who are very capable of knocking a top seed off on that side.

Where district 2 is better is once you get beyond the 8 seed, but they will knock each other off early anyway.
Old 02-12-19, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

I am surprised Findlay went after Lima when they could have gone after Northview. I don't think they can count on shooting a kazillion percent vs Lima again.....but they get to try this Friday.
Old 02-12-19, 02:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
Don't sleep on St. Francis. If they shorten their bench and keep Harris in the post more, I think they can beat anyone.

Plus, Anthony Wayne beat Lima (I know it was early) and Start drilled Findlay by 18. So there are 4 teams who are very capable of knocking a top seed off on that side.

Where district 2 is better is once you get beyond the 8 seed, but they will knock each other off early anyway.
Considering Anthony Wayne lost to the 3 smallest schools on their schedule, maybe it's a good thing for them that they are getting away from those teams and getting back in with the big boys lol.
Old 02-12-19, 03:36 PM
All Region

jafo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am surprised Findlay went after Lima when they could have gone after Northview. I don't think they can count on shooting a kazillion percent vs Lima again.....but they get to try this Friday.
As long as the Fostoria site exists, Rucki is going to Fostoria, doesn't matter who's there. They have already won over half their games which is really Rucki's only goal.
Old 02-13-19, 09:32 AM
All Region

Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Considering Anthony Wayne lost to the 3 smallest schools on their schedule, maybe it's a good thing for them that they are getting away from those teams and getting back in with the big boys lol.
....and your Ottawa Glandorf Titans just knocked off Lima Sr. Good win.
Old 02-13-19, 10:24 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Findlay wanted the bye. I was a little surprised that Central didn't go on the board against them.

Springfield played Findlay tough earlier in the season at Findlay.