Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-19, 06:56 PM
Dud Dud is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-08-18
Posts: 7
Dud is on a distinguished road
Toledo D1 District

What are peoples thought on the draw and who is your pick on who wins it. IMO it should be fun this year, a lot of teams capable of beating each other

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-09-19, 07:51 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
other than the sectional locations being a bit of a mind boggle, not sure what to think. Why are Lake and Genoa even in this mix?


TRAC until proven otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-19, 08:25 PM
Spartan87 Spartan87 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: Allen County, Lima, Ohio
Posts: 471
Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
Who gets the number one seed? Whitmer? Lima Senior? Northview?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-19, 09:21 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Similar boat a few years ago, Southview undefeated and I believe top seed but didn't fair well against the stronger TRAC. If Northview goes undefeated, they've earned it but I'm still going with TRAC until proven otherwise. Admittedly, since I don't think Start is quite ready, loyalties are with the yuppies.


How much fun would a Mason St. against Euclid Ave. be? Well, for Eastsiders anyhow. Best Final Four would be Start, Johnnies, Northview and whoever.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-19, 04:09 PM
Spartan87 Spartan87 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: Allen County, Lima, Ohio
Posts: 471
Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
Well, my Spartans got the three behind Northview and Whitmer. Not totally surprised. Let the games begin!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-19, 05:27 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
How do they assign sectionals?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-19, 08:18 PM
Spartan87 Spartan87 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: Allen County, Lima, Ohio
Posts: 471
Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
Seed the teams 1-21. Top two pick where they want to go then everyone else places themselves. Believe the whole state is doing the super sectional format now..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-19, 08:56 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Thanks


And again, how did Lake and Genoa get into this mix? Poor Ashland drives right by three sites to get to their game at Start.


mns
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-19, 09:07 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
My wish list has possibility. Northview and SJJ could meet in district semis, though CCHS is tough game for Northview. Start and Whitmer are on collision with their distric final.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-19, 09:46 PM
Smalls Smalls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Posts: 594
Smalls is on a distinguished road
Central has played so many tight games vs the top teams in the TRAC, I think they are due to win a couple. Central's guards might be able to slow West up and not let him play bully ball like he has all year.

I'll take Central vs St. Johns and Whitmer vs St. Francis. At some point St. Francis is going to put it together, right? I don't think Start matches up real well with Harris and Neal, but Start has some of that "it" that St. Francis has lacked in big games....but still taking St. Francis.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-19, 10:11 PM
D1nwobb D1nwobb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 73
D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
We'll get to see how St. Francis and Start match up tomorrow night.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-19, 10:12 PM
tcgobucks tcgobucks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Posts: 1,152
tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Thanks


And again, how did Lake and Genoa get into this mix? Poor Ashland drives right by three sites to get to their game at Start.


mns
They were the 9 seed....at that point, it looks like they had 2 choices. Go to Genoa, have a bye and likely play St Francis....or go to Start with a bye and play Anthony Wayne. Not great with regard to travel, but the obvious choice as far as which one they would want to play with a trip to the District on the line
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-10-19, 10:19 PM
cchs1983 cchs1983 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-17-08
Posts: 967
cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
My wish list has possibility. Northview and SJJ could meet in district semis, though CCHS is tough game for Northview. Start and Whitmer are on collision with their distric final.
The Irish will have their hands full with Rogers in round 1.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-10-19, 10:37 PM
D1nwobb D1nwobb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 73
D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
They were the 9 seed....at that point, it looks like they had 2 choices. Go to Genoa, have a bye and likely play St Francis....or go to Start with a bye and play Anthony Wayne. Not great with regard to travel, but the obvious choice as far as which one they would want to play with a trip to the District on the line
I agree with you. Made the most sense at that point. I don't know how AW got the #6. They could have just as easily been the #11 seed.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-19, 06:55 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Central has played so many tight games vs the top teams in the TRAC, I think they are due to win a couple. Central's guards might be able to slow West up and not let him play bully ball like he has all year.
.
We thinking about the same 150lb kid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
The Irish will have their hands full with Rogers in round 1.
The first ten minutes could be dicey. CCHS is going to have no problem matching up with Rogers AND they'll play basketball. This Rogers club is all over the map, best I see they're winning when they have match-ups, not system. Besides Start, there is not a team in the TCL with any versatility. They play what they play and might be competitive one day and lose on another to a "weaker" team by 30 or to a decent team by 50.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-19, 07:04 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
They were the 9 seed....at that point, it looks like they had 2 choices. Go to Genoa, have a bye and likely play St Francis....or go to Start with a bye and play Anthony Wayne. Not great with regard to travel, but the obvious choice as far as which one they would want to play with a trip to the District on the line
It's not the draw that was the goofy part. It's that three of the districts are in the SE boonies when most of the teams are in the NW part of the city. Hence my quesiton, how did Lake and Genoa get into this mix? No one wanted to host games? I guess by any measure, whereever hosted that didn't let Ashland into Fostoria, they were going to travel.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-19, 07:11 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Direct Links to avoid the search
Toledo District 1
http://officials.myohsaa.org/Admin/B...urnamentId=414
Toledo District 2
http://officials.myohsaa.org/Admin/B...urnamentId=415
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-19, 08:40 AM
Smalls Smalls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Posts: 594
Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
We thinking about the same 150lb kid? :shrug

No. You may be thinking about King from the "other view". Alec West is 6'3"-6'4" 200 PG. I think he will be the district POY or Co-POY along with Colbert.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-19, 11:24 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
No. You may be thinking about King from the "other view". Alec West is 6'3"-6'4" 200 PG. I think he will be the district POY or Co-POY along with Colbert.
I was thinking of the right guy. I just didn't realize how big he was. Looks very skinny.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-19, 11:24 AM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Location: Arrogate's Head
Posts: 4,833
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Yeah, West is every bit 6'3 205. District POY? I get it but the award should be Colbert's. Northview simply has not played anyone.

With that said, in watching them, a team that takes the Wildcats lightly will pay the price. They play as a team and have some gritty kids.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-11-19, 12:21 PM
tcgobucks tcgobucks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Posts: 1,152
tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
It's not the draw that was the goofy part. It's that three of the districts are in the SE boonies when most of the teams are in the NW part of the city. Hence my quesiton, how did Lake and Genoa get into this mix? No one wanted to host games? I guess by any measure, whereever hosted that didn't let Ashland into Fostoria, they were going to travel.
I guess I don't see the issue. It's 14 miles from Start to Lake and 19 miles to Genoa. It's not like you're talking an extra hour. Yes, only schools that offer to host get games...so that's probably a big part of it.

Oh, and if you use Google Maps and take the suggested route, which is what a bus would likely take....it's actually closer for Ashland to go to Genoa than it is Fostoria. 82.8 miles vs 83 miles
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-11-19, 03:17 PM
scbuckeye99 scbuckeye99 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-15
Posts: 342
scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
District 2 looks like a meat grinder. Findlay, Lima, SJJ, Northview. I feel like Whitmer was given a gift in District 1.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-11-19, 06:03 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 18,786
eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Besides LS of course, the two teams that look to have given Whitmer the toughest ride were CCHS and PBurg. Kind of surprised one of those didn't give it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
I guess I don't see the issue. It's 14 miles from Start to Lake and 19 miles to Genoa. It's not like you're talking an extra hour. Yes, only schools that offer to host get games...so that's probably a big part of it.

Oh, and if you use Google Maps and take the suggested route, which is what a bus would likely take....it's actually closer for Ashland to go to Genoa than it is Fostoria. 82.8 miles vs 83 miles
Yeah but it's Genoa.

KIDDING!!!
Welp, one more community on the look-out for me.

Start is annoying. It's one of those you can't get there from here places and even that's slightly easier to navigate than their campus and hallways. I can probably get to Lake or Genoa quicker so maybe they're not such bad choices.

Lake does look to have the cream of the first round match-ups and two games to boot. Think one ticket will buy both games? I'd go to Genoa to see Waite but they got obliterated by SFS the first time and now lost to Start by 56 after only losing by 8 the first game. Can't imagine Matt doing that with intent to his alma mater, something must have happened to the Waite program or someone ticked someone off.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-12-19, 01:11 PM
Spartan87 Spartan87 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: Allen County, Lima, Ohio
Posts: 471
Spartan87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuckeye99 View Post
District 2 looks like a meat grinder. Findlay, Lima, SJJ, Northview. I feel like Whitmer was given a gift in District 1.
Whitmer is gonna blow through Toledo 1.. Our side is a meat grinder. Hopefully we can weather that storm. Whoever comes out of 2, will be battle tested..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-12-19, 02:31 PM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 293
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan87 View Post
Whitmer is gonna blow through Toledo 1.. Our side is a meat grinder. Hopefully we can weather that storm. Whoever comes out of 2, will be battle tested..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Don't sleep on St. Francis. If they shorten their bench and keep Harris in the post more, I think they can beat anyone.

Plus, Anthony Wayne beat Lima (I know it was early) and Start drilled Findlay by 18. So there are 4 teams who are very capable of knocking a top seed off on that side.

Where district 2 is better is once you get beyond the 8 seed, but they will knock each other off early anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-12-19, 02:43 PM
Smalls Smalls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Posts: 594
Smalls is on a distinguished road
I am surprised Findlay went after Lima when they could have gone after Northview. I don't think they can count on shooting a kazillion percent vs Lima again.....but they get to try this Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-12-19, 02:43 PM
tcgobucks tcgobucks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Posts: 1,152
tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace View Post
Don't sleep on St. Francis. If they shorten their bench and keep Harris in the post more, I think they can beat anyone.

Plus, Anthony Wayne beat Lima (I know it was early) and Start drilled Findlay by 18. So there are 4 teams who are very capable of knocking a top seed off on that side.

Where district 2 is better is once you get beyond the 8 seed, but they will knock each other off early anyway.
Considering Anthony Wayne lost to the 3 smallest schools on their schedule, maybe it's a good thing for them that they are getting away from those teams and getting back in with the big boys lol.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-12-19, 03:36 PM
jafo jafo is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-25-09
Posts: 462
jafo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I am surprised Findlay went after Lima when they could have gone after Northview. I don't think they can count on shooting a kazillion percent vs Lima again.....but they get to try this Friday.
As long as the Fostoria site exists, Rucki is going to Fostoria, doesn't matter who's there. They have already won over half their games which is really Rucki's only goal.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-13-19, 09:32 AM
Cardboard Palace Cardboard Palace is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-19-16
Location: Back in the 419
Posts: 293
Cardboard Palace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgobucks View Post
Considering Anthony Wayne lost to the 3 smallest schools on their schedule, maybe it's a good thing for them that they are getting away from those teams and getting back in with the big boys lol.
....and your Ottawa Glandorf Titans just knocked off Lima Sr. Good win.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-13-19, 10:24 AM
D1nwobb D1nwobb is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-02-17
Posts: 73
D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I am surprised Findlay went after Lima when they could have gone after Northview. I don't think they can count on shooting a kazillion percent vs Lima again.....but they get to try this Friday.
Findlay wanted the bye. I was a little surprised that Central didn't go on the board against them.

Springfield played Findlay tough earlier in the season at Findlay.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 33 05-30-18 03:19 PM
Preseason Rankings - statewide divisional (2017-18) bucksman Wrestling 18 12-18-17 09:07 AM
2017 All League Teams Yappi Football 3 11-24-17 01:03 AM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM
District Champs 2017 Yappi Baseball 11 05-21-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz