Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 02-11-19, 09:19 AM
Jerry Maguire Jerry Maguire is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-06
Location: Texas Forever
Posts: 1,959
Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
New Richmond getting the #7 seed is funny. They will almost certainly lose to Goshen for the second time this season and they just lost to Taylor who is the #13. Their record is wildly deceiving.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 02-11-19, 09:47 AM
Schmitt Schmitt is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-13-13
Posts: 621
Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
D3 at Western Brown:

Reading #3, took bye and will play winner of Clermont Northeastern/Country Day. They beat CCD by 5 early in the year but Reading's a lot better now than they were in December. Clermont NE lost by 22 at home to Mariemont; Taylor beat them too.
Madeira #6, has bye and will play Clark who they beat by 7 early in the year.
Mariemont #9, will open with St. Bernard, winner to play CHCA.

D3 at Princeton:

Deer Park #4, has bye and will play winner of Williamsburg and Fayetteville.
Finneytown #15, also has a bye and will play Blanchester. I'll be there, unfortunately, because it means first watching Purcell annihilate the worst team in the district (winless East Clinton) a few days after playing the next-to-worst (Riverside East). Why the association sets things up to maximize the number of mismatches I'll never understand--at least let #18 and #19 play each other first before one of them gets overwhelmed?

D2 at Mason:

Wyoming #3, plays Summit CD, then Roger Bacon/Shroder winner. Aiken is on the other side of that section--it's odd that Taft and Hughes chose the same side but maybe they're looking ahead to the first game in Dayton, when they get a Springfield section champ while Wyoming/Aiken has to play a Dayton winner.

Indian Hill #6 plays Taylor #13, winner almost certainly gets Hughes in the second round.
Aiken lost to McNick by 10 on Saturday. They should meet again in round 2. I have Wyoming v. McMick playing eventually with Wyoming probably winning. Whomever wins gets Chaminade Juliene from the upper bracket, that will be a tough out.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 02-13-19, 08:36 AM
Sports Jock and Chad Sports Jock and Chad is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-12-17
Posts: 98
Sports Jock and Chad is on a distinguished road
Anybody else find it amusing that DP has stopped posting stats? Maybe trying to keep their players on the top of the categories?
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 02-13-19, 08:56 AM
MooseJaw MooseJaw is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-14
Posts: 283
MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
Anybody else find it amusing that DP has stopped posting stats? Maybe trying to keep their players on the top of the categories?
I would put nothing past them, their lack of integrity knows no bounds.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 02-13-19, 09:25 PM
yappimember67 yappimember67 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-24-07
Location: Cincy
Posts: 2,229
yappimember67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
Anybody else find it amusing that DP has stopped posting stats? Maybe trying to keep their players on the top of the categories?
Not as fun to post the stats when you're not running up the score on teams like St. Bernard and winning by 60.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 02-15-19, 08:19 AM
scsweeper19 scsweeper19 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-16-18
Posts: 40
scsweeper19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
Anybody else find it amusing that DP has stopped posting stats? Maybe trying to keep their players on the top of the categories?
The only game missing stats is the IH game from last Friday. Not sure how not reporting ONE game shows that DP is doing something bad or as others said being dishonest.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 02-15-19, 08:51 AM
Kurt Rambis Kurt Rambis is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-15-17
Posts: 80
Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsweeper19 View Post
The only game missing stats is the IH game from last Friday. Not sure how not reporting ONE game shows that DP is doing something bad or as others said being dishonest.
uhhhh...they're often 2-3 weeks behind at least!
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 02-15-19, 02:30 PM
scsweeper19 scsweeper19 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-16-18
Posts: 40
scsweeper19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
uhhhh...they're often 2-3 weeks behind at least!
uhhhh.....ok well they are not now at the time of the original post and it makes it look like some people no matter what happens at DP will try to tear them down for anything. They cant complain out transfers, or winning the league or winning state or going undefended this year so lets complain that stats are not put in a system quick enough to meet their standard. It makes people look like a bunch of entitled kids that didn't get their way.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 02-15-19, 02:33 PM
Kurt Rambis Kurt Rambis is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-15-17
Posts: 80
Kurt Rambis is on a distinguished road


Quote:
Originally Posted by scsweeper19 View Post
uhhhh.....ok well they are not now at the time of the original post and it makes it look like some people no matter what happens at DP will try to tear them down for anything. They cant complain out transfers, or winning the league or winning state or going undefended this year so lets complain that stats are not put in a system quick enough to meet their standard. It makes people look like a bunch of entitled kids that didn't get their way.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 02-17-19, 10:46 PM
Yeoman Yeoman is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-25-11
Posts: 608
Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Rambis View Post
uhhhh...they're often 2-3 weeks behind at least!
I don't know how this works at other schools, but that was a big surprise for me when I moved back here. When I was in school at Finneytown in the 70s we had a crew of 3-5 students at every game keeping stats (that might seem like a lot but this was in the days before computers and it took at least two just to make sure everything got recorded right, and a younger student or two would be there to learn the ropes working the JV game). After a home game there would always be a statistician in the coaches' office phoning the story into the Enquirer. S/he even got the byline in the paper.

When I moved back in 2010 there was no such thing and only a couple of people around even remembered there ever had been. Every couple of weeks the head coach would go through the game films, compile the stats himself and send them in to the league and newspaper. 2-3 weeks late? It's a wonder they get done at all.

I don't know what happened, or when. There was never any shortage of kids that wanted the job back then. Or to be the manager. Or a soccer ball girl--anybody remember those?
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 02-18-19, 05:45 AM
coltfan76 coltfan76 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-10-08
Posts: 626
coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
I don't know how this works at other schools, but that was a big surprise for me when I moved back here. When I was in school at Finneytown in the 70s we had a crew of 3-5 students at every game keeping stats (that might seem like a lot but this was in the days before computers and it took at least two just to make sure everything got recorded right, and a younger student or two would be there to learn the ropes working the JV game). After a home game there would always be a statistician in the coaches' office phoning the story into the Enquirer. S/he even got the byline in the paper.

When I moved back in 2010 there was no such thing and only a couple of people around even remembered there ever had been. Every couple of weeks the head coach would go through the game films, compile the stats himself and send them in to the league and newspaper. 2-3 weeks late? It's a wonder they get done at all.

I don't know what happened, or when. There was never any shortage of kids that wanted the job back then. Or to be the manager. Or a soccer ball girl--anybody remember those?
At my high school the stat girls were terrible. We played a game my senior year where the other team used assistant/JV coaches to keep stats. Our girls had me down for 7 rebounds, the home team had me down for 25. I already wondered hope many rebounds I actually had that season. Lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 - 2019 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Schedule IUDOGS Girls Basketball 78 02-21-19 07:56 AM
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team Now Accepting Applications for 2019 & 2020 Teams Ohio TofC Wrestling 3 10-23-18 11:37 AM
Stark county terriers 15u, 16u & 17/18u tryouts for fall 2018 & summer 2019! StarkCountyTerriers Baseball 0 07-23-18 01:48 PM
Prep Hoops Ohio (Rankings) Krasula24 Boys Basketball 3 02-01-18 08:54 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz