Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-10-19, 10:34 PM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Division 3 UD district.

As anticipated everyone kinda did what they could to avoid Anna and Purcell as much as they could. Heard Madison had the misfortune of showing late to the draw and got skipped so now will more than likely meet Purcell in the district final. Another intersting game could be a rematch between Deer Park and Stivers in Districts as well.
Hereís my district predictions
Purcell vs Madison- Purcell by 12+
Deer Park vs Stivers - Stivers by 6
Anna vs CHCA or Clark- Anna by 4
Brookville vs NCH- NCH by 6
Thoughts
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-19, 09:31 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Your predictions look pretty accurate to me. In the Dayton 1 bracket I think the winner of TVS/Versailles could give Brookville a run for their money in the sectional finals, but I don't think it will make any difference when they face the team that advances out of Western Brown. I think the majority of the predictions are pretty clear cut.
Old 02-13-19, 09:12 AM
All Region

ruskin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
As anticipated everyone kinda did what they could to avoid Anna and Purcell as much as they could. Heard Madison had the misfortune of showing late to the draw and got skipped so now will more than likely meet Purcell in the district final. Another intersting game could be a rematch between Deer Park and Stivers in Districts as well.
Thoughts
Deer Park and Seven Hills will be an interesting sectional match-up I think. I heard Deer Park is not the same from last year. But Wise and Gentry are still 2 very good guards.

Don't count out TVS with Willie Bowman against Brookville. Brookville has some interesting losses this year.

NCH I heard their big man was hurt but should be ready to go come tournament time so It will be interesting to see how they do. Purcell is the favorite to make it out of this region.
Old 02-13-19, 10:36 AM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thoughts
Assuming this is how it all plays out what would the regional pairings be?
Purcell vs. NCH?
Stivers vs. Anna?
Old 02-13-19, 10:59 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskin View Post
Deer Park and Seven Hills will be an interesting sectional match-up I think. I heard Deer Park is not the same from last year. But Wise and Gentry are still 2 very good guards.

Don't count out TVS with Willie Bowman against Brookville. Brookville has some interesting losses this year.

NCH I heard their big man was hurt but should be ready to go come tournament time so It will be interesting to see how they do. Purcell is the favorite to make it out of this region.
2 very interesting match-ups that took place the last couple of nights that could potentially be repeats in the sectional finals.

Brookville beat TVS 60-58 on Monday night. Game went right down to the wire and Brookville hit the game winning shot with 4 seconds remaining.

Madison beat National Trail last night in triple OT. Not sure the final score but it sounds like it was a great game.
Old 02-13-19, 11:08 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Purcell vs. NCH?
Stivers vs. Anna?
Per what I can see the Regional games will be played on March 13th at the Cintas Center. Per the predicted winners mentioned it would be....

5:30 PM - PM vs. NCH
8:00 PM - Anna vs. Stivers
Old 02-13-19, 01:02 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Purcell vs. NCH?
Stivers vs. Anna?
Yeah I think itís pretty accurate as far as Anna vs Stivers. When it comes to whoís gonna play Purcell itís wide open. Could be reading, nch, twin valley, brookville, Georgetown, Versailles.
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
Per what I can see the Regional games will be played on March 13th at the Cintas Center. Per the predicted winners mentioned it would be....

Regional is at Trent..
All Ohio

Quote:

Kettering fairmont not Cintas
Old 02-13-19, 01:12 PM
All District

Quote:
Kettering fairmont not Cintas
My bad on that, I must have looked at that one wrong. Trent Arena definitely makes more sense.
Old 02-13-19, 01:34 PM
Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Cincinnati Purcell Marian is the heavy favorite to make it to Columbus out of this District/Region. Interesting that Madison may play them so early in the bracket? What happened there? Not that it should matter much.
Old 02-13-19, 01:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
Cincinnati Purcell Marian is the heavy favorite to make it to Columbus out of this District/Region. Interesting that Madison may play them so early in the bracket? What happened there? Not that it should matter much.
From what I was told Madison coaching staff showed up late to the draw and got skipped. By the time they got there thatís the only place they could go unless they wanted to see Anna, Stivers, brookville in a sectional.
Old 02-14-19, 09:12 AM
All Region

Quote:
Purcell vs. NCH?
Stivers vs. Anna?
I think this is going to be flipped in the regional Semi's if all 4 teams make it.

Purcell vs Stivers

NCH vs Anna
Old 02-14-19, 09:17 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I think this is going to be flipped in the regional Semi's if all 4 teams make it.

Purcell vs Stivers

NCH vs Anna
No Stivers and Anna are coming out of the same place they would see each other in the semis. Thatís how the bracket breaks down anyway
Old 02-14-19, 10:30 AM
All District

Here's what I looked at to determine the Regional information... It states Dayton 4 (PM) vs. Dayton 1 (NCH), and Dayton 2 (Stivers) vs Dayton 3 (Anna).

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/B...namentDraw.pdf
Old 02-14-19, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Here's what I looked at to determine the Regional information... It states Dayton 4 (PM) vs. Dayton 1 (NCH), and Dayton 2 (Stivers) vs Dayton 3 (Anna).

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/B...namentDraw.pdf
My guess is:

PM vs. Reading
Stivers vs. Anna
Old 02-14-19, 10:51 AM
All Region

Quote:
No Stivers and Anna are coming out of the same place they would see each other in the semis. Thatís how the bracket breaks down anyway
i stand corrected, You are right!
Old 02-14-19, 10:53 AM
All Region

Quote:
My guess is:

PM vs. Reading
Stivers vs. Anna
Aw man, what happen to Deer Park? I thought for sure they had enough coming back to make a run. Also I heard NCH has a very skilled Big man.
Old 02-14-19, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Aw man, what happen to Deer Park? I thought for sure they had enough coming back to make a run. Also I heard NCH has a very skilled Big man.
Deer Park has had to play kids actually from Deer Park this year since their Big man Hocker is out for the year. NCH has Cam Harris, but i may be retracting my call on NCH, they have gotten beat the last couple games pretty bad. One by a 3-18 norwood team. To be honest as long as Purcell doesnt trip against Madison, its wide open who they play in Regional Semis
Old 02-14-19, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
NCH big man is a good player at the D3 level but they have nothing around him. I could see Reading or NCH losing to Brookville as well.
Old 02-14-19, 12:44 PM
All Region

DPSluva is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Deer Park has had to play kids actually from Deer Park this year since their Big man Hocker is out for the year. NCH has Cam Harris, but i may be retracting my call on NCH, they have gotten beat the last couple games pretty bad. One by a 3-18 norwood team. To be honest as long as Purcell doesnt trip against Madison, its wide open who they play in Regional Semis
Wow, I am just peeking at this thread. I think that is funny when people say Deer Park has to actually play kids from Deer Park. Lol where are their kids usually from? Hocker is a major loss! I was pretty impressed with that kid last year as an enforcer.

NCH are they young or is there big man young?

I don't know why Madison and PM are playing early but that may be the most anticipated District game with Deer Park vs Stivers second. But it sounds like it wont be a rematch of last years barn burner....
Old 02-14-19, 01:01 PM
All District

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Brookville is interesting to me. Their league is not strong. I have only seen them in person twice and they apparently did not play their best either time. The TVs win is a good one though, so maybe they can make a run.
Old 02-14-19, 01:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPSluva View Post
Wow, I am just peeking at this thread. I think that is funny when people say Deer Park has to actually play kids from Deer Park. Lol where are their kids usually from? Hocker is a major loss! I was pretty impressed with that kid last year as an enforcer.

NCH are they young or is there big man young?

I don't know why Madison and PM are playing early but that may be the most anticipated District game with Deer Park vs Stivers second. But it sounds like it wont be a rematch of last years barn burner....
We wonít go into depth about deer park last year letís just say none of them lived in deer park prior to last season except maybe one. Madison and PM are playing early because Madisonís coach showed late to the draw and got skipped so he got stuck with national trail who almost just beat them in their sectional
And Purcell for districts. NCH had 2 key guys transfer out but added the big guy whoís a senior. Brookville maybe the favorite there
Old 02-14-19, 01:27 PM
All Region

Quote:
We wonít go into depth about deer park last year letís just say none of them lived in deer park prior to last season except maybe one. Madison and PM are playing early because Madisonís coach showed late to the draw and got skipped so he got stuck with national trail who almost just beat them in their sectional
And Purcell for districts. NCH had 2 key guys transfer out but added the big guy whoís a senior. Brookville maybe the favorite there
Yea i remember the jokes about DP's transfers last year. I don't want to get any of their fans worked up. However do you think Mark Wise and Gentry Jr. are enough to carry them to the Regionals? Mark Wise is a load! Aithe is bad either as a glue guy. Very interesting to see how DP competes down the stretch.

Where did the 2 transfers from NCH go?

Brookville is senior loaded. They are very interesting! They have some interesting losses. One that sticks out to me is Monroe.

Stivers has some quality losses, (Taft, Thurgood, Belmont, Cincinnati Christian) But they are young mostly Juniors and a good Sophmore. It will be interesting to see how they handle each game also late.

PM is the favorite no doubt about it. Madison could sneak up on them but I doubt it...
Old 02-14-19, 01:28 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Goeller View Post
Brookville is interesting to me. Their league is not strong. I have only seen them in person twice and they apparently did not play their best either time. The TVs win is a good one though, so maybe they can make a run.
Brookville is an unknown. Gudorf is pretty good
Old 02-14-19, 02:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yea i remember the jokes about DP's transfers last year. I don't want to get any of their fans worked up. However do you think Mark Wise and Gentry Jr. are enough to carry them to the Regionals? Mark Wise is a load! Aithe is bad either as a glue guy. Very interesting to see how DP competes down the stretch.

Where did the 2 transfers from NCH go?

Brookville is senior loaded. They are very interesting! They have some interesting losses. One that sticks out to me is Monroe.

Stivers has some quality losses, (Taft, Thurgood, Belmont, Cincinnati Christian) But they are young mostly Juniors and a good Sophmore. It will be interesting to see how they handle each game also late.

PM is the favorite no doubt about it. Madison could sneak up on them but I doubt it...
Deer park has 0 depth. Yes wise Gentry Athie all good but not enough. A lot of people are wondering if they get out of their sectional.
Nch one went to D4 gamble and the other went to Princeton. Which is a shame neither one of those teams are very good. Nch could have been really good this year. Stivers is good. Brookville I donít know. Those kind of rural teams struggle against high athlete teams.