Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-09-19, 10:23 AM
All World

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Records For Voting For Cincy D-1 Sectional Teams

Voting ends at noon Saturday---tourney draw at 2:00 Sunday!!

Moeller -- 19-0

Mason --15-3
Lakota East -- 15-5
West Clermont -- 15-5
Turpin -- 15-5

Oak Hills -- 14-6
Mount Healthy -- 14-6

Princeton -- 13-6
Western Brown -- 13-7

LaSalle -- 12-7
Hamilton -- 12-8
Walnut Hills -- 12-8
Loveland -- 12-8

Winton Woods -- 11-6

Elder -- 10-10
Milford -- 10-10
Sycamore -- 10-10

St. Xavier -- 9-11

Harrison -- 8-11
Little Miami -- 8-11
Northwest -- 8-12

Middletown -- 7-13
Fairfield -- 7-13
Western Hills -- 7-13

Colerain -- 6-13
Kings -- 6-13
Withrow -- 6-13

Lakota West -- 5-15
Edgewood -- 5-15

Anderson--2-18

Talawanda -- 1-19
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-19, 10:28 AM
All World

My Top 10 stays the same after Friday's games:

#1--Moeller -- 19 wins
#2--Lakota East -- 15 wins
#3--Mason --15 wins
#4--Oak Hills -- 14 wins
#5--LaSalle -- 12 wins
#6--West Clermont -- 15 wins
#7--Princeton -- 13 wins
#8--Elder -- 10 wins
#9--Hamilton -- 12 wins
#10--Turpin -- 15 wins

I'd have these teams in some order from #11 thru #18:

Mount Healthy -- 14 wins
Loveland -- 12 wins
Walnut Hills -- 12 wins
Winton Woods -- 11 wins
Western Brown -- 13 wins
Sycamore -- 10 wins
St. Xavier -- 9 wins
Milford -- 10 wins
Old 02-09-19, 11:06 AM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
My Top 10 stays the same after Friday's games:

#1--Moeller -- 19 wins
#2--Lakota East -- 15 wins
#3--Mason --15 wins
#4--Oak Hills -- 14 wins
#5--LaSalle -- 12 wins
#6--West Clermont -- 15 wins
#7--Princeton -- 13 wins
#8--Elder -- 10 wins
#9--Hamilton -- 12 wins
#10--Turpin -- 15 wins

I'd have these teams in some order from #11 thru #18:

Mount Healthy -- 14 wins
Loveland -- 12 wins
Walnut Hills -- 12 wins
Winton Woods -- 11 wins
Western Brown -- 13 wins
Sycamore -- 10 wins
St. Xavier -- 9 wins
Milford -- 10 wins
Western Brown has no business being in that group. I know they have 13 wins, but they play a terrible schedule.
Old 02-09-19, 11:24 AM
Varsity

ButlerCountyHoops123 is on a distinguished road
1) Moeller
2) East
3) Mason
4) LaSalle
5) Oak Hills
6) Princeton
7) Hamilton
8) Elder
9) Turpin
10) West Clermont

*A weak ECC out of conference schedule for Turpin and West Clermont may hinder them from a top 7-8 spot. Think there will be a lot of upsets this year in the tournament.
Old 02-09-19, 12:15 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
Western Brown has no business being in that group. I know they have 13 wins, but they play a terrible schedule.
I'd have WB at #18 as I think their 13 wins certainly deserves credit over teams with 8 or less wins like Little Miami and Harrison. I know they don't have a great schedule, but part of that is playing in the SBAAC with many smaller schools--that said I do think a team should be rewarded at the draw for being 13-7 no matter what league they are in. #18 does not give them much of an advantage quite honestly.

Realistically I'd love to see the old days from when I coached where the top 4 teams were seeded #1-#4 and every other team drew a pill for placement on the brackets--that made the draw very exciting and set up many early round strong match-ups--- instead of Moeller blowing out teams #30 and #31 and right into the sectional finals. I'd like to see a modification of 10 teams being seeded (since there are 5 sectionals) and then the other 21 teams would draw pills for placement onto the open lines in the 5 sectionals. To get attendance up there needs to be good games early in the sectional tourney to get basketball fans to attend and not just fans of the schools playing. That's my two cents worth!!
Old 02-09-19, 01:07 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
CometCountry - We all know that Moeller is top seed. What other top team do you think will be paired in Moeller's bracket basically a death sentence
Old 02-09-19, 03:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
CometCountry - We all know that Moeller is top seed. What other top team do you think will be paired in Moeller's bracket basically a death sentence
Vike my best guess is that a team goes in Moe's sectional who thinks they are not good enough to get out of the sectional with East, Mason, OH, Princeton, or LaSalle but would be happy to win a couple tourney games and be a sectional runner-up. I'm guessing maybe a team seeded 11-16 makes that choice. We'll see how the seeds shake out!!
Old 02-09-19, 03:19 PM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Vike my best guess is that a team goes in Moe's sectional who thinks they are not good enough to get out of the sectional with East, Mason, OH, Princeton, or LaSalle but would be happy to win a couple tourney games and be a sectional runner-up. I'm guessing maybe a team seeded 11-16 makes that choice. We'll see how the seeds shake out!!
Mt Healthy
Old 02-09-19, 03:26 PM
All World

Cincyhoops Mt. Healthy was my #1 choice as well--2 years ago Withrow went in against an undefeated Moe team and lost on a 1/2 court shot in the sectional final--upsets can happen or nearly happen.
Old 02-09-19, 07:09 PM
All World

Looks like seeds 1-7 will be:
1. Moe
2. East
3. Mason
4. Oak Hills
5. Princeton
6. LaSalle
7. West Clermont

Will be very interesting what 5, 6, and 7 will do once the top 4 teams take their spots in 4 different sectionals.
Old 02-09-19, 11:28 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
If OAk Hills is a 4 seed I’d guess Elder will jump into that party of the bracket. Elder beat Oak Hills by double digits.
Old 02-10-19, 12:17 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Looks like seeds 1-7 will be:
1. Moe
2. East
3. Mason
4. Oak Hills
5. Princeton
6. LaSalle
7. West Clermont

Will be very interesting what 5, 6, and 7 will do once the top 4 teams take their spots in 4 different sectionals.
Just to clarify things here. There are five sectionals in Cincinnati and three in Dayton. Princeton has lost to East, Mason, and Oak Hills. Wouldn't they want to avoid the top four seeds and take a sectional away from them.
Old 02-10-19, 08:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Just to clarify things here. There are five sectionals in Cincinnati and three in Dayton. Princeton has lost to East, Mason, and Oak Hills. Wouldn't they want to avoid the top four seeds and take a sectional away from them.
Definitely Princeton has to consider that option--that 5th sectional will play Moe at the District level, but may be an easier path to Dayton for sure.
Old 02-10-19, 02:58 PM
All World

Draw is done--biggest surprise is that Middletown did not show up for the draw and they drop to Team #31 instead of #20 and will now play Moeller. Happiest team is Anderson who was team #30, but now play Princeton instead of Moeller in the opening game. Princeton at #5 chose to go in with #2 Lakota East and Elder at #10 chose to play (if they beat Edgewood) #4 Oak Hills in sectional 4 at Hamilton. Elder beat OH 45-31 a few weeks ago--should be a dandy rematch!!

All brackets will be at the site below later today:

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/DAB/Sout...-25-003147-987
Old 02-10-19, 04:07 PM
All Region

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Draw is done--biggest surprise is that Middletown did not show up for the draw and they drop to Team #31 instead of #20 and will now play Moeller. Happiest team is Anderson who was team #30, but now play Princeton instead of Moeller in the opening game. Princeton at #5 chose to go in with #2 Lakota East and Elder at #10 chose to play (if they beat Edgewood) #4 Oak Hills in sectional 4 at Hamilton. Elder beat OH 45-31 a few weeks ago--should be a dandy rematch!!

All brackets will be at the site below later today:

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/DAB/Sout...-25-003147-987
Thanks, Coach.
Old 02-10-19, 04:11 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Wow- Anderson is that bad? I hadn’t even noticed them this year, but that is surprising.
Old 02-10-19, 04:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Thanks, Coach.
You are welcome HardCorps--I've never been at a draw where a team did not show up like Middletown today--I've seen teams arrive a bit late, but to completely miss it hopefully Hoskins has some good reason. Middletown at #20 certainly would've had a 50-50 first game, but by dropping down to #31 it forced them into the open space vs. Moeller and moved Talawanda to #30 and Anderson to #29.
Old 02-10-19, 04:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Wow- Anderson is that bad? I hadn’t even noticed them this year, but that is surprising.
Not unexpected with senior graduation from last year and only 17.2 ppg returning from last year--AHS had 4 consecutive years of double-digit wins until this year. AHS plays hard, Coach DeLo has them well-prepared, but just struggle to score the ball at 43.7 ppg--hard to win in HS if you can't average above 50 points a game.
Old 02-10-19, 05:05 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
D1

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/DAB/Sout...-10-203732-467
Old 02-10-19, 11:33 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
D-I Cincinnati Sectional

Basketball draw: A traffic jam gives Middletown a date with No. 1

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...0rHgklgetrznM/
Old 02-11-19, 12:02 AM
All American

Quote:
Not unexpected with senior graduation from last year and only 17.2 ppg returning from last year--AHS had 4 consecutive years of double-digit wins until this year. AHS plays hard, Coach DeLo has them well-prepared, but just struggle to score the ball at 43.7 ppg--hard to win in HS if you can't average above 50 points a game.
I mean ok, seniors graduating happens to most programs. How are you as a coach not planning for that and building your program? He’s been there a few years- to finish in the bottom 2 (with a strong conference to help boost your vote!) behind some pretty bad teams is not “well prepared” in most people eyes
Old 02-11-19, 09:24 AM
All World

Quote:
I mean ok, seniors graduating happens to most programs. How are you as a coach not planning for that and building your program? He’s been there a few years- to finish in the bottom 2 (with a strong conference to help boost your vote!) behind some pretty bad teams is not “well prepared” in most people eyes
I'm sure you are aware that schools like Anderson and Turpin only can play the boys who live in the Forest Hills district--"planning and building" sometimes impacts both schools based on which HS those kids attend. While Anderson was winning 11,14,10,and 10 Turpin hit a down time winning 7, 6, and 5 the past 3 years--this year Turpin has 15 wins and Anderson 2---it's tough in that small D-1 school district to have both schools up at the same time. Even Lakota has had it hit them with East being good to very good recently and West winning 7,4 and 5 the last 3 years. Many public schools don't have open enrollment/ability to recruit so you play the kids you have and every once in awhile there are down seasons--
Old 02-11-19, 09:18 PM
All American

Oh I get all that, but building a program involves using what you have and the really great coaches can do so. I just don’t think you can say a team with 2 wins the entire season is well-prepared. Coaches have been fired for more wins than that so you can’t teally use the excuse of “we tried, but it’s not our fault”.
Old 02-11-19, 11:32 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You can only build around what you have, and sometimes you don't have kids coming up to set yourself up for a heavy senior class you know is coming. So you end up having to bite the bullet. There are also coaches that don't have vision and have trouble seeing past what's right in front of them, and they fall victim to the same problem, but more of their own making. I know little, if nothing, about Anderson. Just pointing out a bad season, even a really bad season, isn't always indicative of a bad coach.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-19, 09:57 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometcountry View Post
i'm sure you are aware that schools like anderson and turpin only can play the boys who live in the forest hills district--"planning and building" sometimes impacts both schools based on which hs those kids attend. While anderson was winning 11,14,10,and 10 turpin hit a down time winning 7, 6, and 5 the past 3 years--this year turpin has 15 wins and anderson 2---it's tough in that small d-1 school district to have both schools up at the same time. Even lakota has had it hit them with east being good to very good recently and west winning 7,4 and 5 the last 3 years. Many public schools don't have open enrollment/ability to recruit so you play the kids you have and every once in awhile there are down seasons--
bingo.
Old 02-12-19, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm sure you are aware that schools like Anderson and Turpin only can play the boys who live in the Forest Hills district--"planning and building" sometimes impacts both schools based on which HS those kids attend. While Anderson was winning 11,14,10,and 10 Turpin hit a down time winning 7, 6, and 5 the past 3 years--this year Turpin has 15 wins and Anderson 2---it's tough in that small D-1 school district to have both schools up at the same time.
All the more reason those schools should have merged a long time ago.
Old 02-12-19, 10:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
You can only build around what you have, and sometimes you don't have kids coming up to set yourself up for a heavy senior class you know is coming. So you end up having to bite the bullet. There are also coaches that don't have vision and have trouble seeing past what's right in front of them, and they fall victim to the same problem, but more of their own making. I know little, if nothing, about Anderson. Just pointing out a bad season, even a really bad season, isn't always indicative of a bad coach.

I am pretty sure that you are dealing with a Moeller/St Ursula parent.
Old 02-12-19, 10:22 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Well, I would think that a merger should be decided on more than sports. Education, seeing that we are talking about schools, should always be top priority. There's also numerous other aspects that go into a decision of that magnitude, the least of which is probably sports. Bigger schools many times leads to larger class sizes. I know as a parent, small class size is one of the highest on my priority list for a school.

Old 02-12-19, 11:22 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
I guess it's time for Elder and LaSalle to merge then.
Old 02-12-19, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
I guess it's time for Elder and LaSalle to merge then.
Elder will merge with Seton before they merge with LaSalle. Now that Mercy is no longer, Elder and Seton will begin to have very similar sized classes.