Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-12-17, 08:31 PM
Freshman

BearcatAlum is on a distinguished road
Alter and Miamisburg played the past two years at the Beavercreek scrimmage. 2015 and 16.
Old 08-12-17, 08:32 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood4Life View Post
Wayne
Trotwood
Miamisburg

I believe those are the 5 best programs in no particlular order. Over the last 4-5 years all of those teams have been in the playoffs year after rear and keep reloading so I wouldn't expect anything different. Springfield should definitely be talented and Troy is knocking on the door as well.

BlackHawk, no chance Centerville is in the top 5. They better just focus on having a winning record with that schedule they have this year.
Uh, "no particular order?"Are you kiddn me? Wayne is the best high school team in the Dayton area, and has been for years. Uh, no brainer.
Old 08-13-17, 11:05 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
I am an Alter homer, but realistically this just isn't true... case in point was the 2010 Alter vs Centerville game. I suspect Alter would consistently be dominated by Wayne, Trotwood, Centerville (in the past at least), and any D1 program having a good/great year. With that said, Alter occasionally has a team that could compete with anyone in the area, the last of which, IMO, was the 2008 team.

Oh, when did Alter ever scrimmage Miamisburg? I don't recall them playing in 2014 or 15.
Beavercreek Quad Scrimmage
Old 08-13-17, 03:22 PM
All District

BlueBlood4Life is on a distinguished road
Hoser, you are correct. I should have worded that differently. Wayne is without a doubt the best team in the Dayton area year in and year out.
Old 08-14-17, 10:32 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh don't remember Wayne ever playing Alter.
Alter is 1 - 2 all-time versus Wayne.

Has never played Trotwood. Used to scrimmage Trotwood. but stopped the season a certain player transferred to Trotwood, and scrimmage was cancelled for player safety.

3-2 all time versus Centerville.

Alter could (and has been) competitive against D1 competition, but doesn't have the overall size and bench to do so week in, week out. That's why we have divisions.
Old 08-14-17, 10:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum View Post
Alter and Miamisburg played the past two years at the Beavercreek scrimmage. 2015 and 16.
Alter is 9-1 all time versus Miamisburg.
Old 08-14-17, 10:45 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, the big RB did not play for some reason. Sidney had no offense , just threw the ball long about half the time and hoped for a completion. Of the 4 teams here Sidney was the worst, no question. Both lines for Sidney were lacking.Their only positive plays were the QB free lancing and getting around the defensive teams.
You can spout the same BS in every thread. Doesn't make it more truthful.
Old 08-15-17, 02:03 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post

Has never played Trotwood. Used to scrimmage Trotwood. but stopped the season a certain player transferred to Trotwood, and scrimmage was cancelled for player safety.

Alter could (and has been) competitive against D1 competition, but doesn't have the overall size and bench to do so week in, week out. That's why we have divisions.
Interesting.

What years were these games played??
Old 08-15-17, 05:03 AM
All Ohio

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
I suspect Alter played Wayne when the schools were closer in size, so that would be a good while ago. The same is true Centerville, except for the one recent contest in 2010. The other 4 games were played when the schools were closer in size. With this said, I certainly don't have enrollment numbers for these schools decades ago, so am just postulating.
Old 08-15-17, 08:05 AM
All World

FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum View Post
Incorrect, that was Xenia, Alter, Tipp and Beavercreek. Good effort though
Old 08-15-17, 08:11 AM
Freshman

BearcatAlum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHSBirds99 View Post

In the words of Hoser, umm - you're wrong. Xenia didn't play last year because Alter was a 2016 regular season opponent and Beavercreek the year before.
Old 08-15-17, 08:15 AM
Varsity

FootballFan4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHSBirds99 View Post
In the immortal words of Hoser (whom I have come to respect), Umm, I believe you are wrong, FSHBirds99. Xenia hasn't participated the past 3 years now because they had either Beavercreek or Alter on their regular season schedule. Miamisburg was there because it was the only opportunity I have had to see Josh Myers play up close and in person.
Old 08-15-17, 10:16 AM
Varsity

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan4Life View Post
In the immortal words of Hoser (whom I have come to respect), Umm, I believe you are wrong, FSHBirds99. Xenia hasn't participated the past 3 years now because they had either Beavercreek or Alter on their regular season schedule. Miamisburg was there because it was the only opportunity I have had to see Josh Myers play up close and in person.
Did you see what Miamisburg did to Beavercreek in the regular season? I mean my 2 favorite teams are Miamisburg and Alter. Just because Alter won in a scrimmage doesn't mean they would win in the regular season. Miamisburg destroyed Trotwood last year in a scrimmage, but guess what it was a scrimmage. If Miamisburg played Trotwood in a game last year it would have been a toss up. A scrimmage is a scrimmage. Coaches playing with lineups and putting kids in to see how they respond. Just saying... Alter has been great ever since Domsitz came but when they had their chance against Centerville, they lost. I wanted them to beat Centerville So BAD!
Old 08-15-17, 12:56 PM
All Region

Geno1 is on a distinguished road
Uh, Uh, Uh . . . . Looks like Hoser is back!

Come on, start a sentence without "Uh," I dare you!
Old 08-15-17, 03:52 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Interesting.

What years were these games played??
Mid 60's
Old 08-15-17, 04:32 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post

Uh, finally a post I can agree with 100% Good job.
Old 08-15-17, 04:35 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
You can spout the same BS in every thread. Doesn't make it more truthful.
Uh, sorry beeman, I just tell it like I see it. Sidney in the quad scrimmage just threw the ball long on half their plays and hoped. Sidney o-line and d-line were awful. The big RB did not play,but their defense was awful. Sorry
Old 08-16-17, 03:51 PM
All Ohio

petroglyph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Mid 60's
64-65-66 vs wayne...64-65-66-67-68 vs centerville..as a side note the 1st year of each series alter had no senior class.. beat both handily with the 1st full varsity. post '64 the alter vs centerville series was lopesided..centerville scored 2x in the four year run, 2 games were shutouts and dropped the game
Old 08-16-17, 04:32 PM
Varsity

HSFootballFan1972 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by petroglyph View Post
64-65-66 vs wayne...64-65-66-67-68 vs centerville..as a side note the 1st year of each series alter had no senior class.. beat both handily with the 1st full varsity. post '64 the alter vs centerville series was lopesided..centerville scored 2x in the four year run, 2 games were shutouts and dropped the game
Did Alter and Centerville play 4 games in the 60's or 5?
Old 08-16-17, 08:03 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I suspect Alter played Wayne when the schools were closer in size, so that would be a good while ago. The same is true Centerville, except for the one recent contest in 2010. The other 4 games were played when the schools were closer in size. With this said, I certainly don't have enrollment numbers for these schools decades ago, so am just postulating.
Centerville High School has around double the number of students today, than the school did back in the later part of the 1960s.
Old 08-16-17, 08:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFootballFan1972 View Post
Did Alter and Centerville play 4 games in the 60's or 5?
Centerville and Alter played 4 games in the 1960s. Their first ever game was back in the 1964 season. This was Alter's first year as a high school, and didn't have a senior class. Centerville won that game 32-0.

The 1965 season game was a very different story. Alter had it's first senior class, and totally annihilated Centerville 38-0 at Fairmont HS stadium. I attended this game, and I lost a lot of bets to my neighborhood Alter buddies. Centerville even had a good team that season. They won the DSL title (Dayton Suburban League) and was ranked 7th in the Miami Valley. But Alter was ranked #1 in the Miami Valley, and the very next week, trounced a good Chaminade team in the final game of the season, 27-6.

I also attended 1966 the game, which was played at Centerville. You could have called this game the Mud Bowl! Wow, I remember one punt going high in the air, then plopping down around midfield and just stuck there, without even bouncing! This was being broadcast as the game of the week on Dayton radio, and I could hear those game announcers up in the booth just letting out a big laugh as the ball just stuck there in the mud. I believe Alter won in a shutout 18-0.

I also attended the 1967 game, which was also played at Centerville Stadium. The field was slick after rain had fallen, but it wasn't played in a mud bath like the previous season. I think Alter won 18-6 that season, with Centerville scoring a TD late in the game on a passing play to Dave Fox, who made an exceptional catch between two Alter defenders. I remember two Alter students who were walking by, with one of them saying, "Oh, they scored on us."
Old 08-16-17, 09:41 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Centerville and Alter played 4 games in the 1960s. Their first ever game was back in the 1964 season. This was Alter's first year as a high school, and didn't have a senior class. Centerville won that game 32-0.

The 1965 season game was a very different story. Alter had it's first senior class, and totally annihilated Centerville 38-0 at Fairmont HS stadium. I attended this game, and I lost a lot of bets to my neighborhood Alter buddies. Centerville even had a good team that season. They won the DSL title (Dayton Suburban League) and was ranked 7th in the Miami Valley. But Alter was ranked #1 in the Miami Valley, and the very next week, trounced a good Chaminade team in the final game of the season, 27-6.

I also attended 1966 the game, which was played at Centerville. You could have called this game the Mud Bowl! Wow, I remember one punt going high in the air, then plopping down around midfield and just stuck there, without even bouncing! This was being broadcast as the game of the week on Dayton radio, and I could hear those game announcers up in the booth just letting out a big laugh as the ball just stuck there in the mud. I believe Alter won in a shutout 18-0.

I also attended the 1967 game, which was also played at Centerville Stadium. The field was slick after rain had fallen, but it wasn't played in a mud bath like the previous season. I think Alter won 18-6 that season, with Centerville scoring a TD late in the game on a passing play to Dave Fox, who made an exceptional catch between two Alter defenders. I remember two Alter students who were walking by, with one of them saying, "Oh, they scored on us."
Thanks Kyle - very visual summaries. I could almost picture the games. Appreciate your recollections!
Old 08-17-17, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thanks Kyle - very visual summaries. I could almost picture the games. Appreciate your recollections!
You're welcome. I'm happy to be able to share my memories here. They're still very vivid, those were great times.
Old 08-24-17, 09:32 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Every team loses in the playoffs over the years, unless they win the championship every single year. The only teams that don't lose in the playoffs are those that don't make the playoffs.

Brilliant comment Einstein.
Sometimes they lose in the first game of the season against a team that was 1-9 the previous year.
Old 08-24-17, 10:51 PM
All American

Quote:
Sometimes they lose in the first game of the season against a team that was 1-9 the previous year.
Yeah, they gave this one away. Missed ep's and chip shot fg, had a td called back. Congrats to Fairmont. They hung on and never gave up.
Old 08-26-17, 11:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
Yes, shouldn't Centerville be ahead of Springboro? The ELKS beat 'Boro last season (at 'Boro). That's unless 'Boro has improved a lot more than the ELKS for this season. Anybody know?
Hey, Centerville beat Farfield Friday night, with Springboro losing to Mason. Top this off with Centerville's win over 'Boro last season, I think Centerville should be ahead of 'Boro on that list.
Old 08-26-17, 11:10 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Wayne
Trotwood
Troy
I'm not going to panic after week 1 but I'm going to update my list for the time being. I really think Trotwood might be on par with Wayne or close this year. Obviously haven't seen Wayne play yet so that is to be determined. However, it's hard to imagine any other team in D3 being able to compete with them.

1. Wayne
2. Trotwood
3. Springfield
4. Miamisburg
5. Springboro/Centerville
Old 08-26-17, 01:55 PM
All District

Ram Nation 95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Troy has beaten Trotwood the last 2 years!

Wayne
Sprinfield
Troy
So lol!!! Look at the games from 2007 till last night. They won in both games by 5 pts. They got destroyed by 48 last night.
Old 08-26-17, 01:57 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Nation 95 View Post
So lol!!! Look at the games from 2007 till last night. They won in both games by 5 pts. They got destroyed by 48 last night.
Way to stay classy. How about the entire century before that?
Old 08-26-17, 02:03 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I'm not going to panic after week 1 but I'm going to update my list for the time being. I really think Trotwood might be on par with Wayne or close this year. Obviously haven't seen Wayne play yet so that is to be determined. However, it's hard to imagine any other team in D3 being able to compete with them.

1. Wayne
2. Trotwood
3. Springfield
4. Miamisburg
5. Springboro/Centerville
Uh, seems reasonable to me. Pretty much spot on.