Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-07-17, 07:37 AM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 247
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
2017 Warren JFK Eagles

The defending state champs are looking to repeat with some new faces. They graduated a great group of seniors but return some key players in crucial positions and are going to have some younger guys ready to step up in a big way. The line will be huge, averaging between 6'1"-6'2" and 265-280 lbs depending on which combo of starters they go with. Team speed has actually improved a bit and overall everyone is bigger and stronger. Leadership will be key. If some seniors step up in that capacity, and they can navigate a tough region, the Eagles should make another deep run in the post season. Looking forward to another great year!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-07-17, 11:01 AM
itzme itzme is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-26-12
Posts: 62
itzme is on a distinguished road
Who & when do the Eagles scrimmage this year?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-17, 11:16 AM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 247
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
The only scrimmage they have this year will be at Cambell on the 17th. Mogadore Field, who they have scrimmaged for close to 15 years, pulled out this season.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-17, 11:20 AM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Any reason why they pulled out vs struthers yet
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-17, 12:00 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 247
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
According to them they weren't the ones who pulled out, but no I haven't heard a definite reason for not having it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-17, 12:08 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
According to them they weren't the ones who pulled out, but no I haven't heard a definite reason for not having it.
Hm
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-07-17, 12:17 PM
Paladin1aa Paladin1aa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-16-06
Location: Mahoning Valley
Posts: 1,036
Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
What ? The great and almighty Struthers? Say it ain't so !!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-07-17, 12:23 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 1,309
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
CB numbers add 28 to JFK's enrollment. That's good for 5th most in DVII....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-07-17, 12:42 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
What ? The great and almighty Struthers? Say it ain't so !!
JFK cancelled the scrimmage. The cats have two more lined up. Not sure what you're even getting at. You deluded senile old man.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-07-17, 12:45 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Either way it doesn't matter who cancelled a scrimmage. It wasn't even a real scrimmage. It was a joint practice with a couple of live plays. I highly doubt struthers would duck JFK in a scrimmage if they regularly play Steubenville in their last scrimmage.

The kid that left JFK and went to lakeview... jaws you know anything about this kid? Lakeview poster thinks he is all state.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-07-17, 12:57 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,599
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
The defending state champs are looking to repeat with some new faces. They graduated a great group of seniors but return some key players in crucial positions and are going to have some younger guys ready to step up in a big way. The line will be huge, averaging between 6'1"-6'2" and 265-280 lbs depending on which combo of starters they go with. Team speed has actually improved a bit and overall everyone is bigger and stronger. Leadership will be key. If some seniors step up in that capacity, and they can navigate a tough region, the Eagles should make another deep run in the post season. Looking forward to another great year!
any of the boys that graduated, go on to play in College this year?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-07-17, 12:59 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 247
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Either way it doesn't matter who cancelled a scrimmage. It wasn't even a real scrimmage. It was a joint practice with a couple of live plays. I highly doubt struthers would duck JFK in a scrimmage if they regularly play Steubenville in their last scrimmage.

The kid that left JFK and went to lakeview... jaws you know anything about this kid? Lakeview poster thinks he is all state.
If you are talking about the WR, no nowhere that good. He is a good kid, left Kennedy because he couldn't get on the field. His little sister on the other hand....she might win a state title or two in track the next few years.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-07-17, 01:01 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 247
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
any of the boys that graduated, go on to play in College this year?
Yes quite a few of them did. One got a full ride to YSU, others to D2s and 3s.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-07-17, 01:48 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-07-17, 01:51 PM
ideliver ideliver is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-30-15
Posts: 389
ideliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
CB numbers add 28 to JFK's enrollment. That's good for 5th most in DVII....
Someone is still salty that a small Catholic school managed to compete against the venerable MAC in Columbus.

If you follow Yappi....JFK is not known as a recruiting school...kids flee Warren City schools for various reasons...most aren't athletically motivated
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-07-17, 01:56 PM
Paladin1aa Paladin1aa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-16-06
Location: Mahoning Valley
Posts: 1,036
Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
As usual, Spread , you exaggerate. No one at Lakeview thought the JFK transfer player was All state material. He had trouble making the field at times for the Dogs. We had better WRs.

You, on the other hand, keep the board here entertained with your excessive garbage on Struthers. We still laugh at you................lol
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-07-17, 01:58 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
As usual, Spread , you exaggerate. No one at Lakeview thought the JFK transfer player was All state material. He had trouble making the field at times for the Dogs. We had better WRs.

You, on the other hand, keep the board here entertained with your excessive garbage on Struthers. We still laugh at you................lol
You did buddy. I can pull up the post. Or do you not remember? That's probably it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-07-17, 02:08 PM
therock02 therock02 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-11-15
Posts: 26
therock02 is on a distinguished road
Word around town is that JFK ended up with NF's best player, Jordan Edmondson, who will help them when he becomes eligible. Can they be better after graduating that huge class of 3 year starters? Obviously they will beat the heck out of Champion week one but they have two nice early season test games in Labrae and Girard. Those games ought to tell you how good this squad is.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-07-17, 02:20 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
That girard JFK game will be a shootout!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-07-17, 02:53 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 1,309
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Someone is still salty that a small Catholic school managed to compete against the venerable MAC in Columbus.

If you follow Yappi....JFK is not known as a recruiting school...kids flee Warren City schools for various reasons...most aren't athletically motivated
Apparently they bring in quite a few kids to play football. Their CB adjustment is 5tb highest in all DVII.

Your recruiting department must be doing well....
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-08-17, 05:58 AM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 247
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by therock02 View Post
Word around town is that JFK ended up with NF's best player, Jordan Edmondson, who will help them when he becomes eligible. Can they be better after graduating that huge class of 3 year starters? Obviously they will beat the heck out of Champion week one but they have two nice early season test games in Labrae and Girard. Those games ought to tell you how good this squad is.
Jordan has indeed enrolled at Kennedy. His parents moved to the Warren area. Good kid who will be a welcomed addition.

Labrae has lost quite a bit but should still be decent.
Girard is still Girard. Line play on both sides of the ball and a terrible coaching staff that doesn't understand the concept of playing defense will be their downfall.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-08-17, 06:12 AM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 247
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Apparently they bring in quite a few kids to play football. Their CB adjustment is 5tb highest in all DVII.

Your recruiting department must be doing well....
The tired old fallback position of someone who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about. JFK one feeder school with very low enrollment, so they rely on the surrounding communities to get students for the high school. Hence their CB numbers are higher because of this. Are some of the kids better athletes? Yes, absolutely but that is because JFK presents a more attractive option to what they would currently have. I can assure you they do not recruit athletes. As a matter of fact they recently dismissed a probable D1 athlete for npt conducting himself properly, most places, public and private, wpuld have looked the other way and kept him in school. But none of this matters. People will keep clinging to the recruiting nonsense....and we'll just keep on winning
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-08-17, 09:25 AM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Posts: 1,591
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
People will complain when it affects the school they are for, so if a public lost to JFK it's always because of recruiting, but if they win there's no talk of it. Comical to me, although some schools are ridiculous on how they get their kids to go to their school, but in our area the worst school recruiting is actually a public.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-08-17, 10:52 AM
smartestdumbguy01 smartestdumbguy01 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-07
Posts: 880
smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
The tired old fallback position of someone who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about. JFK one feeder school with very low enrollment, so they rely on the surrounding communities to get students for the high school. Hence their CB numbers are higher because of this. Are some of the kids better athletes? Yes, absolutely but that is because JFK presents a more attractive option to what they would currently have. I can assure you they do not recruit athletes. As a matter of fact they recently dismissed a probable D1 athlete for npt conducting himself properly, most places, public and private, wpuld have looked the other way and kept him in school. But none of this matters. People will keep clinging to the recruiting nonsense....and we'll just keep on winning
A football kid was dismissed? There aren't any d1 kids in basketball so I would assume its football.

Edmondson moved from NF to Lordstown. Should still sit 5 games but who could blame the kid for wanting out of that cluster at NF.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-08-17, 12:04 PM
ideliver ideliver is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-30-15
Posts: 389
ideliver is on a distinguished road
Click image for larger version

Name:	high schools.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1736

I'm shocked that JFK's CB number isn't higher....these are all of the schools that JFK has to recruit from...

Had they been able to actually recruit and get Victor Williams (freshman safety at Toledo)and his brother Steve Baugh from Howland, Fort Recovery may not have won their state championship....ask Caleb Martin how good that kid is...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Apparently they bring in quite a few kids to play football. Their CB adjustment is 5tb highest in all DVII.

Your recruiting department must be doing well....
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-08-17, 12:26 PM
hoophi55 hoophi55 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-17-01
Posts: 1,118
hoophi55
Lordstown does not have football. What are we talking about......?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-08-17, 12:32 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Nvm
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-08-17, 12:36 PM
ideliver ideliver is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-30-15
Posts: 389
ideliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoophi55 View Post
Lordstown does not have football. What are we talking about......?
If a Lordstown student comes to JFK after 7th grade...the state deems him to have been "recruited" and a multipler is attached to him for every sport he plays...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-08-17, 01:05 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 247
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
The state doesn't deem anyone "recruited". That term is only used by the publics who lose to privates and need a word to identify their excuse for losing.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-08-17, 01:30 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 5,173
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
The state doesn't deem anyone "recruited". That term is only used by the publics who lose to privates and need a word to identify their excuse for losing.
Actively seeking a player out to play for a team is recruiting. That's why the term is used. It actually happens!

Not saying JFK recruits, but I do know bayuk has always done a good job with the transfers he gets in. Dating back to the 90's in Hubbard.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division III Schedules EagleFan Archives 19 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division IV Schedules EagleFan Archives 28 10-25-17 11:29 AM
2017 Division V Schedules EagleFan Archives 14 10-25-17 11:29 AM
GlenOak Eagles 2017 Ohio Proud 64 Football 85 08-29-17 09:42 AM
Warren JFK Head Coach Jeff Bayuk Named AD Flying Wedge Football 8 05-16-17 02:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz