Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-24-17, 08:39 AM
All Region

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
what is the starting Offensive backfield looking like for StV?
Old 07-24-17, 09:09 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
what is the starting Offensive backfield looking like for StV?
Luke Lindsey is set at QB and Terrance Keys will be the RB. Lindsey has the talent to be the best D3 QB in the State, and Keys is special. And more good news for the STVM faithful, they are both sophomores! Plus, with Ryan Fischer (QB) and Marcel Cook (RB), they have quality depth that could be starting for most teams in Summit County. With a monster schedule, they will of course have to prove it on the field, but the pieces are in place.
Old 07-24-17, 09:27 AM
All Region

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
starting FB and WR ??
Old 07-24-17, 09:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
starting FB and WR ??
From what I've been told, Leonard Younger and Jalen Ross will be the starting WR's. And there is a slew of talent behind them. I am hoping they put Anthony Johnson as the slot receiver. He is a true RB, but as a slot receiver, they could utilize his speed and running ability on jet sweeps and swing passes in the middle of the field. Sort of like they did with Williams before he became the full-time RB last year. As far as FB, I'm really not sure.
Old 07-24-17, 12:16 PM
All Ohio

smash mouth 34
What does the St.V scrimmage schedule look like this year?
Old 07-24-17, 12:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash mouth 34 View Post
What does the St.V scrimmage schedule look like this year?
They have one more 7-on-7 set at Lake on 7/26 at 5:30. They have 3 scrimmages on the schedule. At Medina on 8/8 at 3:00. At home against Benedictine on 8/11 at 3:00. And at home against Midview on 8/17 at 6:00.
Old 07-26-17, 09:58 AM
All District

Irish Football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
From what I've been told, Leonard Younger and Jalen Ross will be the starting WR's. And there is a slew of talent behind them. I am hoping they put Anthony Johnson as the slot receiver. He is a true RB, but as a slot receiver, they could utilize his speed and running ability on jet sweeps and swing passes in the middle of the field. Sort of like they did with Williams before he became the full-time RB last year. As far as FB, I'm really not sure.
I don't think you will see Younger at WR much this year. With the new corners I think they will have him primarily focusing on playing safety. With the emergence of senior Zac Olsen the WR spots will be well manned.
Old 07-26-17, 10:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Football View Post
I don't think you will see Younger at WR much this year. With the new corners I think they will have him primarily focusing on playing safety. With the emergence of senior Zac Olsen the WR spots will be well manned.
Any chance of seeing Johnson as a slot receiver?
Old 07-26-17, 10:30 AM
All District

Quote:
Any chance of seeing Johnson as a slot receiver?
I don't believe he's at the school any longer.
Old 07-26-17, 10:39 AM
All American

Quote:
I don't believe he's at the school any longer.
I hadn't heard that. That's too bad. But he wasn't going to get a ton of reps at RB with Keys and Cook ahead of him. So, good luck to the young man.
Old 07-26-17, 11:39 AM
All Region

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hadn't heard that. That's too bad. But he wasn't going to get a ton of reps at RB with Keys and Cook ahead of him. So, good luck to the young man.
I heard back at Manchester.
Old 07-26-17, 01:13 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
I heard back at Manchester.
That's also what I have heard
Old 07-26-17, 08:21 PM
All District

The Irish offense looked solid again tonight against Lake. The defense is still a work in progress but they have the time and talent to get it straightened out.
Old 08-12-17, 04:08 PM
All District

My thoughts from the scrimmage last night against Benedictine. The offense was more balanced with Lindsay throwing a long TD pass and completing several more passes. Keyes ran the ball effectively and scored on a short run. The line play is going to determine how the Irish fare this year. They had 2 starters out on the line last night and they once again struggled pass blocking.

The defensive front seven is small but played fairly well with a couple batted balls and one interception. The secondary had 3 or 4 pass interference calls against them last night and let a few guys get open deep that Benedictine couldn't connect on.

Benedictines offense was very one dimensional. They had a few nice long runs but only completed a couple passes. The QB was off missing a few wide open receivers. I thought both of their lines looked pretty good.

Overall the Irish offense has looked good centered around the sophomores at QB and RB but the line play needs to step up. The defense needs to shore up the mistakes in the secondary and they should be fine. The biggest concern I have is depth as they only had around 40 kids dressed last night. Playing the schedule they have injuries and kids getting dinged up will happen. If the line play improves and they stay healthy it could be very good season.
Old 08-12-17, 10:41 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the update, glad to hear a positive review. Go Irish!!!
Old 08-12-17, 10:57 PM
Freshman

Bowtiethatguy is on a distinguished road
How does marquell cook and Terrance Keyes look in these scrimmages so far?I know there just sophomores but I'm very interested in how they look so far
Old 08-13-17, 12:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiethatguy View Post
How does marquell cook and Terrance Keyes look in these scrimmages so far?I know there just sophomores but I'm very interested in how they look so far
Keyes has looked really good in the two scrimmages. He's the real deal and will be relied on heavily this year. Cook has only ran the ball in the JV portions of the scrimmages but he's very good as well. He's blessed with speed and runs hard for having such a slight build.
Old 08-13-17, 04:57 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Offensive Line needs work and develop toughness. QB is solid with Lindsey and backup Fischer. Running Back is 3 deep with Keyes Cook Burton? All Sophomores. Receivers lead by Soph Jalen Ross, Seniors Scott Walters and Zac Olson. The program needs more lineman on both sides of the ball, as the Skills continue to look good now and the future. Defensively the Irish are very young. There is talent but it's green but coach Murphy and Wattley are defensive guru's and always make diamonds out of coal. The Program has 34 freshman and the overall numbers will continued to improve the next couple seasons.
Old 08-14-17, 01:14 AM
Freshman

BenSlick2001 is on a distinguished road
I know it's early but I Wasn't impressed with either team during Benedictine scrimmage St V will only go as far as RB Keyes takes them QB is one hard hit away from missing a few games as far as freshman go that scrimmage was terrible Benedictine did whatever they wanted only two freshman stood out WR DaMarcus Rodgers and RB from Ellet Vargo 2/34 aren't good numbers future looks rocky for the Irish on the football field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-17, 10:16 AM
All District

Big09 is on a distinguished road
STVM had a couple Freshmen getting a good amount of time during the varsity scrimmage but none really stood out. Irish have plenty of talent at all positions and won't rely on any coal. FYI (Jr) Garrett Bischof is the backup tailback.
Old 08-14-17, 11:30 AM
Varsity

duckdodgers is on a distinguished road
So help me out. If I interpret the posts, after this scrimmage the Irish should have a solid year, but could be outstanding in another year with a couple year run?
Old 08-14-17, 12:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSlick2001 View Post
I know it's early but I Wasn't impressed with either team during Benedictine scrimmage St V will only go as far as RB Keyes takes them QB is one hard hit away from missing a few games as far as freshman go that scrimmage was terrible Benedictine did whatever they wanted only two freshman stood out WR DaMarcus Rodgers and RB from Ellet Vargo 2/34 aren't good numbers future looks rocky for the Irish on the football field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they will go as far as the lines take them. StV has a very talented skill group that can beat teams through the air and on the ground. Isn't every QB one hit away? The StV QB is a big kid and I'm sure he can take his share of hits.
Old 08-16-17, 09:30 PM
All Region

teach1coach2 is on a distinguished road
ttt
Old 08-17-17, 07:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1coach2 View Post
ttt
I see you're a Tri Valley fan. What are your thoughts on the game next week?
Old 08-17-17, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
SVSM will have their hands full. Tri-Valley is a quality program, having lost a total of 2 games in the last 3 years as I recall.
Old 08-17-17, 09:39 AM
All Region

Irish should win this going away.
Old 08-17-17, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Irish should win this going away.
I think they win, but they are a young team playing 100 miles from home in the first game of the season against a team that's lost 2 games in 3 years. I don't see them winning "going away."
Old 08-17-17, 10:39 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I think they win, but they are a young team playing 100 miles from home in the first game of the season against a team that's lost 2 games in 3 years. I don't see them winning "going away."
Tri valley has had success the past 2 years but their schedule is mostly made up of D3-4-5 and even a d-6 team. St V is probably their toughest game on the schedule. I see they dropped from D2 to D3 this year. I still think St V wins going away.
Old 08-17-17, 10:44 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
To me they are a hard team to figure out. They play mostly below average D4 and D5 schools and blow them out. They played and lost to Sheridan who got beat by 40 in the playoffs to DeSales. Two years ago I believe Perry scored close to 70 against them in the playoffs.

The Irish are young but they are experienced and I think they should win but not sure it's a blow out. I don't believe Tri Valley has played a team with the speed of the Irish.
Old 08-17-17, 12:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
To me they are a hard team to figure out. They play mostly below average D4 and D5 schools and blow them out. They played and lost to Sheridan who got beat by 40 in the playoffs to DeSales. Two years ago I believe Perry scored close to 70 against them in the playoffs.

The Irish are young but they are experienced and I think they should win but not sure it's a blow out. I don't believe Tri Valley has played a team with the speed of the Irish.
100% agree