Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-17-17, 04:39 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
St. Vincent- St. Mary 2017

The Irish come off of a regular season 6-4 record and seemed to spend most of last season searching for a QB. Looks like the sophomore Lindsey is in line to be the QB this season. What might we expect from the Irish?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-17, 05:21 PM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
They have the talent and the speed to be 9-1 or 8-2. But they have the youth and the schedule to be 6-4 again. There is no way to replace a defensive game changer like Sampson, but they have a lot of young talent that could fill the gap "by committee"... given time! The first game against Tri-Valley may shake out to be one of the most intriguing match-ups of Week One.
Old 07-17-17, 06:42 PM
Freshman

Bowtiethatguy is on a distinguished road
WHo looks to be the starting running back this year? is it Keyes?
Old 07-17-17, 07:02 PM
All Yappi

Hopefully, Starstoshine will show up before long. He always had the scoop on SVSM.
Old 07-17-17, 07:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Irish Football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiethatguy View Post
WHo looks to be the starting running back this year? is it Keyes?
Keyes will be the starting TB.
Old 07-17-17, 09:13 PM
Freshman

Bowtiethatguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Football View Post
Keyes will be the starting TB.
I saw him during middle school and he dominated his 8th grade all star game but I didn't get to see him play last year so I had no idea how well he played
Old 07-17-17, 09:24 PM
All Ohio

fbrox is on a distinguished road
My question is when will SVSM officially change its name to The Lebron James Academy for Athletics? Seems to me LJAA has a great ring to it and it is basically what saved the school. Just get it over with and name it aftet the King.
Old 07-18-17, 07:24 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiethatguy View Post
I saw him during middle school and he dominated his 8th grade all star game but I didn't get to see him play last year so I had no idea how well he played
He really played well on JV and looked good in his limited role on the varsity last year. He's going to be a good one!
Old 07-18-17, 07:48 AM
All Region

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrox View Post
My question is when will SVSM officially change its name to The Lebron James Academy for Athletics? Seems to me LJAA has a great ring to it and it is basically what saved the school. Just get it over with and name it aftet the King.
Until he leaves the Cavs (again). This time for the Lakers or another potential hand picked super power team.

Last edited by bkmk1; 07-18-17 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-18-17, 09:13 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Football View Post
He really played well on JV and looked good in his limited role on the varsity last year. He's going to be a good one!
I'd give him a grade of "Incomplete" for his time with the varsity last year. I thought they could have used him a little more often in games where the outcome wasn't always decided. Still, all reports I here of the young man are that he will be good one. He has a lot of speed!
Old 07-19-17, 05:25 AM
Varsity

Big09 is on a distinguished road
How did the 7 on 7 go with Copley?
Old 07-19-17, 07:49 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big09 View Post
How did the 7 on 7 go with Copley?
The offense looked really good but at times the defense looked a little shaky. When you're replacing both corners and the whole corp of Lbs there are going to be some growing pains. The good thing is the defensive coaching staff is good and they will have them ready when the season kicks off.

The sophomore QB has thrown the ball really well in both 7on7's and the junior threw the ball good against Copley. I know Copley is down but they didn't offer much resistance against the offense. The young sophomore skill group is going to be special and look for them to really make a difference this year.
Old 07-19-17, 09:58 AM
All American

Who are the WR's that will be getting most of the reps?
Old 07-19-17, 12:50 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Wr's Leonard Younger, Jalen Ross,Scott Walters, Garrett Bischoff, Myron Tibbs, Zack Olsen, Jack Mullen, John Jackson, Russell Cooper bring plenty of depth at WR. QB Luke Lindsey (6-2 210 Soph) looks very good and 6-3 185 Junior) Ryan Fischer can Sling it. Sophomore RB's Terrance Keys, Markel Cook and Junior Anthony Johnson can fly. Irish are very young but talented.
Old 07-19-17, 04:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Wr's Leonard Younger, Jalen Ross,Scott Walters, Garrett Bischoff, Myron Tibbs, Zack Olsen, Jack Mullen, John Jackson, Russell Cooper bring plenty of depth at WR. QB Luke Lindsey (6-2 210 Soph) looks very good and 6-3 185 Junior) Ryan Fischer can Sling it. Sophomore RB's Terrance Keys, Markel Cook and Junior Anthony Johnson can fly. Irish are very young but talented.
I don't know much about the returning defense. I know they will have speed, but is there any size to go with it? They don't have that one player to step into Sampson's spot, but will it be a "strength in numbers" kind of thing; at least until some of the underclassmen grow into their positions?
Old 07-21-17, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

SVSM schedule:
8/24 @ Dresden Tri-Valley
9/1 @ Walsh Jesuit
9/9 @ Buchtel
9/15 vs. Cardinal Mooney
9/22 @ Archbishop Hoban (InfoCision)
9/29 vs. Akron North
10/6 @ Barberton
10/13 vs. LaSalle
10/20 @ Massillon Washington
10/27 vs. Ursuline

I see 8-2 or 7-3 coming out of that schedule.
Old 07-22-17, 10:36 PM
All Region

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Once the guys got some minutes in the 1st half of last season, boy did they close with a bang. I think they'll be consistently good all year 9-1, but hoping for 10-0. Go Irish !!!
Old 07-23-17, 07:40 AM
All District

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
I heard that 2 St V players have transferred back to Ravenna? Any truth to that? Both players were on varsity last year and played in the Hoban game.
Old 07-23-17, 10:59 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
I heard that 2 St V players have transferred back to Ravenna? Any truth to that? Both players were on varsity last year and played in the Hoban game.
Not sure about any specific players leaving, but as you know with all schools- Private or Public with open enrollment- if the player is not promised to be the STAR then the parents and player start looking for the next option. A lot of players come and go when they realize they have to compete to earn time. TEAM goals do not match their "me first" attitude so they go somewhere else where they are given a spot without having to compete for it. Players often forget that when the team succeeds, they succeed- and the individual honors will then follow.
Old 07-23-17, 12:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Two players have transferred back to Ravenna one this year and the other after football season last year.
Old 07-23-17, 01:19 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's a drive from Ravenna to STVM!
Old 07-23-17, 01:51 PM
All Region

Quote:
Not sure about any specific players leaving, but as you know with all schools- Private or Public with open enrollment- if the player is not promised to be the STAR then the parents and player start looking for the next option. A lot of players come and go when they realize they have to compete to earn time. TEAM goals do not match their "me first" attitude so they go somewhere else where they are given a spot without having to compete for it. Players often forget that when the team succeeds, they succeed- and the individual honors will then follow.
It's still a win/win for those kids if you ask me. Coach Lunardi is a solid coach that teaches core values, wins games, is a solid AD, and takes care of his Ravenna kids.
Old 07-23-17, 02:40 PM
Freshman

ArmChairCoach is on a distinguished road
Meh. I disagree. StV you'd get way better coaching and better competition in practice than playing any PTC team IMO. Plus life after football I feel like StV would set them up better long term. But hey everyone has their own opinion and that's mine.
Old 07-23-17, 04:04 PM
All Yappi

Wow, with all of the kids going back to Ravenna, they should be pretty good!
Old 07-23-17, 04:26 PM
All Region

hoban2020 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Are you referencing high football or the Cleveland Cavaliers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-17, 04:40 PM
All Region

https://scarletandgame.com/2015/08/2...ome-to-parris/

Nice article on Parris..what a freak he was in HS!

STVM should be sharing this link on social media. They lack in their marketing if and need to up their game on that aspect.
Old 07-23-17, 07:53 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
https://scarletandgame.com/2015/08/2...ome-to-parris/

Nice article on Parris..what a freak he was in HS!

STVM should be sharing this link on social media. They lack in their marketing if and need to up their game on that aspect.
He was the fastest HS football player I personally have ever seen. He would simply outrun DBs who had the angle on him. And while he made the lion's share of his yards on outside jet sweeps, for a slightly built young man, he ran surprising well between the tackles. Some track athletes play football, but Parris was (and is) a football player.
Old 07-23-17, 08:00 PM
All American

Quote:
I understand your point, but you seem to be intmating that this is why the two players left; which is a little unfair. If kids want to come to STVM, then great. And if they decide they want to go elsewhere, then best wishes and good luck to them.
Old 07-24-17, 04:29 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I understand your point, but you seem to be intmating that this is why the two players left; which is a little unfair. If kids want to come to STVM, then great. And if they decide they want to go elsewhere, then best wishes and good luck to them.
Not at all, I know nothing about the players who left. Just my opinion on why I think most kids leave.
Old 07-24-17, 04:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Excellent post!