Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-13-17, 03:16 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
I bet both schools would make more money if the game were at Boardman. Attendance will likely be a lot lower at East. That being said, the stadium itself is nice so it will be nice to see. What would be nice is if East went back to playing those mid-2000s Rayen schedules that had like 5 or 6 wins on them built in! I feel bad that East's schedule is basically a total meat-grinder...
Old 07-13-17, 03:43 PM
All American

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Why would it matter if Boardman was at East? Since its been decades since Boardman was away against a city team, don't you think it's time that it happened? What would make Boardman any different than the other local teams that played at Rayen recently. Canfield, Howland, Harding, Poland, Fitch, Hubbard, Niles all played there recently. Do you think the stadium was rebuilt just to host an occasional Senate league team?
The re-built Rayen is a perfect venue for any local team.
Much better they play the locals, who unlike the Senate League, etc, would bring fans to Rayen.

NU, how's crowd's been at Rayen these past few years?

Old 07-13-17, 03:55 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
I bet both schools would make more money if the game were at Boardman. Attendance will likely be a lot lower at East. That being said, the stadium itself is nice so it will be nice to see. What would be nice is if East went back to playing those mid-2000s Rayen schedules that had like 5 or 6 wins on them built in! I feel bad that East's schedule is basically a total meat-grinder...
Blame your AD lol
Old 07-13-17, 04:01 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I don't understand why Boardman offense always looks so anemic
Mooney's is anemic..... Boardman's is about 12 levels below that

i could find a 12 year old that plays Madden who has a more complex playbook
Old 07-13-17, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan0505 View Post
Is the East game a friday night at Rayen ? I didn't know if that stadium even had lights since they renovated it. I remember Fitch playing them on a saturday afternoon.
It does and it's very nice
Old 07-13-17, 08:25 PM
All American

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Mooney's is anemic..... Boardman's is about 12 levels below that

i could find a 12 year old that plays Madden who has a more complex playbook
Lol correct!
Old 07-13-17, 10:18 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
The re-built Rayen is a perfect venue for any local team.
Much better they play the locals, who unlike the Senate League, etc, would bring fans to Rayen.

NU, how's crowd's been at Rayen these past few years?

I don't get to as many East games as I like, due to work schedule and my kids going to another school, but home games in the 1st half of the year aren't half bad. Good weather plus the optimism of a new year. Cooler October weather and a 1-6 record will shrink anyone's attendance. And yes, I've been to Boardman games in bad weather and records. The Ursuline games are probably the biggest crowds.

I expect a decent turnout for this game. The above reasons for East plus Boardmanites who haven't seen the new Rayen stadium will get a chance
Old 07-13-17, 10:25 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Also, since there is only one side, the Boardman players will be on the side of the crowd. A few years ago the coaching staff put the East players on the away side, probably to reduce the distractions from the sidelines
Old 07-13-17, 10:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Also, since there is only one side, the Boardman players will be on the side of the crowd. A few years ago the coaching staff put the East players on the away side, probably to reduce the distractions from the sidelines
Smart
Old 07-17-17, 07:07 PM
All American

Did the Spartans get a transfer this off season ?.....
Old 07-17-17, 07:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Did the Spartans get a transfer this off season ?.....
Looks like last year's QB from Valley Christian is on the roster I saw online, is he going to be in the secondary or playing tailback this year? He wouldn't be around though until the Canfield game...

Also I think they had a 7v7 with Twinsburg, Madison, and VASJ. Anyone have a report on how that may have gone?
Old 07-17-17, 07:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Looks like last year's QB from Valley Christian is on the roster I saw online, is he going to be in the secondary or playing tailback this year? He wouldn't be around though until the Canfield game...

Also I think they had a 7v7 with Twinsburg, Madison, and VASJ. Anyone have a report on how that may have gone?
Hmm interesting. Maybe that's the kid I've heard about. Would be a nice addition at RB or WR. Don't see them moving O'Horo from QB. Hopefully he doesn't have to sit out.

Last edited by Spartan0505; 07-17-17 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-17-17, 09:36 PM
All World

I would imagine he'd sit as Koontz did when he joined in 2014..
Old 07-18-17, 07:27 AM
Freshman

Chocolate Thunder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would imagine he'd sit as Koontz did when he joined in 2014..
Not necessarily. There is a new rule that came out a couple years ago that a kid can go back to the school district he lives in if he was playing somewhere else. It's a one time thing. So if a kid lives in lets say Liberty, and his parents send him to school at Ursuline, the kid can go back to Liberty and play without sitting out half the games.
Old 07-18-17, 08:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Thunder View Post
Not necessarily. There is a new rule that came out a couple years ago that a kid can go back to the school district he lives in if he was playing somewhere else. It's a one time thing. So if a kid lives in lets say Liberty, and his parents send him to school at Ursuline, the kid can go back to Liberty and play without sitting out half the games.

Correct. That's what happened with our starting QB now. He left Boardman and came back. We're not sure if this kid from Valley Christian ever lived in Boardman before ?
Old 07-18-17, 08:54 AM
Freshman

Chocolate Thunder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Correct. That's what happened with our starting QB now. He left Boardman and came back. We're not sure if this kid from Valley Christian ever lived in Boardman before ?
I was told that he lives in Boardman. I followed Valley Christian as well as most high school programs in this area. This kid is a really good QB. If I remember, this kid's dad was the head coach last year at Valley and his uncle was the running back for the N.Y. Giants. The genes are there. It could be an interesting summer in Boardman.
Old 07-18-17, 09:06 AM
All World

Put the puzzle pieces together. He is the son of the Valley Christian coach. They moved here from Virginia when his dad became coach there. Dad was a stud at Liberty.
Old 07-18-17, 09:11 AM
All American

I'll take the kid regardless. Need more skill and athleticism which has been lacking some in past years. Hearing there are 70+ kids out this year.
Old 07-19-17, 10:13 AM
All World

SteelValley
Any confirmation on the transfer? I remember 2 years ago it seemed like a sure thing that the good LB from East was going to transfer and that seemed to fall through.

It would be a huge addition for a few reasons. My guess is they would make him a WR or a mix of RB/WR, which gives O'Horo a very good weapon. They were going to be missing that with Koontz gone and I think this kid can potentially do a variety of things. It also puts Boardman in a position where they now have a really good backup QB if anything happens to O'Horo. They might even be able to split the role a little bit to give O'Horo a breather here and there.
Old 07-19-17, 12:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post
Any confirmation on the transfer? I remember 2 years ago it seemed like a sure thing that the good LB from East was going to transfer and that seemed to fall through.

It would be a huge addition for a few reasons. My guess is they would make him a WR or a mix of RB/WR, which gives O'Horo a very good weapon. They were going to be missing that with Koontz gone and I think this kid can potentially do a variety of things. It also puts Boardman in a position where they now have a really good backup QB if anything happens to O'Horo. They might even be able to split the role a little bit to give O'Horo a breather here and there.
Confirmed he will be playing for Boardman. Not confirmed if and or how many games he has to sit.
Old 07-19-17, 03:22 PM
All World

Hypothetical scenario. Moves in to Boardman from out of state, attends a private school. Without any change in residence, isn't he entitled to a 1 time transfer, as was O'Horo?

WR or HB and wilcat package type player would be a great fit for this team.
Old 07-19-17, 04:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Hypothetical scenario. Moves in to Boardman from out of state, attends a private school. Without any change in residence, isn't he entitled to a 1 time transfer, as was O'Horo?

WR or HB and wilcat package type player would be a great fit for this team.
I thought the exact same thing to be honest with you.
Old 07-19-17, 08:40 PM
Freshman

PG 17 is on a distinguished road
Angry Qb compared to zetts and ryan

Quote:
Hopefully the offensive playcalling isn't atroicious like last year. Looking forward to seeing O'Horo get a bigger workload on offense. I think he'll be ready. Melewski will be a 3 year starter at safety, quite a few sophomores saw time last year. How many kids are out this year?

Pencil in the Jackson game as a big one. I expect them to be 2-0 headed into that game and Jackson will be built around Pallotta's arm. Will be great test for our pass defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post
Agreed on kicking game. I'd expect it will be much improved this year.

I've heard people are pretty optimistic overall. Biggest concern is oline. Which I was hoping might be improved with 3 starters returning. The OL was pretty bad last year though and had OHoro on the run a lot. If the OL can just be solid, OHoro can do some big things. I think he can be a Jeff Ryan/Tom Zetts type QB for us.
You are kidding he had 24 turnovers and you forget Travis is gone. Good luck with him. His dad will make sure he plays.
Old 07-19-17, 10:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG 17 View Post
You are kidding he had 24 turnovers and you forget Travis is gone. Good luck with him. His dad will make sure he plays.

1st post huh ? Congrats on making it a "good" one. The kid was a sophomore, the play calling was atrocious and did not help him one bit. But hey, let's put it all on the 15-16 year olds shoulder lol.
Old 07-20-17, 01:37 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
24 turnovers is ridiculously bad... wow that's a lot in a season for a high school player
Old 07-21-17, 06:04 PM
All World

How was the 7 on 7 vs Poland
Old 07-21-17, 06:29 PM
All World

If the above account is true, at least they scored a TD on the play Dana Balash tweeted lol
Old 07-21-17, 06:41 PM
Junior Varsity

Ytownfootballfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If the above account is true, at least they scored a TD on the play Dana Balash tweeted lol
Just telling him what he wants to hear......Sorry to hijack the thread. I am done!
Old 07-21-17, 06:47 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytownfootballfan View Post
Poland looked bad. Quarterback couldn't complete a pass, no skill kids, and no depth. There was a lineman challenge as well, and Poland's line looked small and weak.
What a complete tool.

I am curious to hear if the kid from YCS is getting reps at QB for the Spartans.

Don't care for Poland either way.
Old 07-21-17, 07:38 PM
All American

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Anyone else at that 7 on 7?

Sounded like Boardman is real good or Poland doesn't have much.

Good luck to the Spartans this fall.