Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-06-17, 12:56 AM
All Ohio

falguin is on a distinguished road
Fitch Falcons 2017

Well, Falcon fans, lets get it going. Last year was a disappointment, but we really did not have a lot of good talent on the field. Many of those kids are back, but a lack of size in the interior lines will hurt us. What are your thoughts? I just hope we can get a win against Hudson. We need to beat them.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-17, 04:48 AM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enough
http://yappi.net/docuwiki/doku.php?i...tch_austintown

missing some info
Old 07-06-17, 07:35 AM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by falguin View Post
Well, Falcon fans, lets get it going. Last year was a disappointment, but we really did not have a lot of good talent on the field. Many of those kids are back, but a lack of size in the interior lines will hurt us. What are your thoughts? I just hope we can get a win against Hudson. We need to beat them.
Unfortunately I'm thinking should be more of the same. To quote coach from last year......"just because you have returning lettermen doesn't necessarily make you a good football team". We shall see soon.
Old 07-06-17, 07:36 AM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Some records are wrong.
Old 07-06-17, 09:26 AM
All American

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
What's the schedule look like this year ?
Old 07-06-17, 12:53 PM
All Ohio

Same as last year. If we win that Hudson game, it will be a great year. That game will be our measuring stick. I think we should win it. Our speed is going to be really good. Many of the kids had great track seasons last year. We also have some really good wrestlers on the team. I've seen some sites that are indicating that some of the kids have gotten much bigger. I just wish we had about six Nick Bush's. Armstrong has grown a couple of inches, but lost a few pounds, which leads me to believe that he will be much better this year. If the sites are correct, we should be a little bigger on the lines. We definitely have experience there. The problem is the line wasn't very good last year; plus, I don't see the offensive schemes changing to be more challenging for opposing DC's. Is Fowler back? He had a so-so year. The QB play needs to really get better. WE do have two very good running backs. We really need to avoid the injury bug. Just once I'd like to have a team that is close to full strength. I hate it when I see we are playing third string kids due to injuries.
Old 07-06-17, 03:25 PM
Varsity

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Fowler is the starting wr for Niles now.
Old 07-06-17, 03:51 PM
All Ohio

falcons53 is on a distinguished road
Isn't there a young kid coming up at QB that is supposed to be very good?
Old 07-06-17, 03:54 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Same as last year. If we win that Hudson game, it will be a great year. That game will be our measuring stick. I think we should win it. Our speed is going to be really good. Many of the kids had great track seasons last year. We also have some really good wrestlers on the team. I've seen some sites that are indicating that some of the kids have gotten much bigger. I just wish we had about six Nick Bush's. Armstrong has grown a couple of inches, but lost a few pounds, which leads me to believe that he will be much better this year. If the sites are correct, we should be a little bigger on the lines. We definitely have experience there. The problem is the line wasn't very good last year; plus, I don't see the offensive schemes changing to be more challenging for opposing DC's. Is Fowler back? He had a so-so year. The QB play needs to really get better. WE do have two very good running backs. We really need to avoid the injury bug. Just once I'd like to have a team that is close to full strength. I hate it when I see we are playing third string kids due to injuries.
In regards to Fowler. I was very disappointed in him last year. Not sure what happened or the reason why he had that so so season. All I remember is him tripping over his own feet after the snap quite a few games. Joey Zielinski did a good job replacing Fowler in the Boardman game last year. Maybe that's who your thinking of. He's a Senior this year I believe.
Old 07-06-17, 06:56 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons53 View Post
Isn't there a young kid coming up at QB that is supposed to be very good?
He is now the QB at Hoban.
Old 07-06-17, 09:23 PM
All Ohio

confused is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't see the sense in that. Fitch is a respectable program. If the kid was that good he would have been seen in Austintown. Guess he's had a off the field coach for some time now. 16 year old freshman, should be interesting ride for him and his family.
Old 07-06-17, 10:23 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
Don't see the sense in that. Fitch is a respectable program. If the kid was that good he would have been seen in Austintown. Guess he's had a off the field coach for some time now. 16 year old freshman, should be interesting ride for him and his family.
His dad shopped him around quite a bit, at one point it was going to be St Eds then they decided Fitch for a year or two then Eds, now Hoban. All this straight from the horses mouth mind you. Interesting to see how it turns out. Also he is listed as a soph class of 2020 on maxpreps Hoban roster. Not sure if its a typo or they figured out he would age out, he is the same age as my kid who is going into his junior year so.....
Old 07-07-17, 08:00 AM
All Region

ideliver is on a distinguished road
Wait, what?? Seniors 17/18. Juniors 16/17. Sophomores 15/16 and Freshmen 14/15.

So this kid is currently 16 and entering his freshman year? So, he was held at kindergarten a year AND repeated a year? If so, he may not have the brains to play a college sport.
Old 07-07-17, 12:28 PM
All Ohio

Why did Fowler go to Niles? Did he move? He is still young and could improve. There must be someone that is better coming up. Is this kid who's playing for Hoban going to commute? This is really crazy.
Old 07-07-17, 12:41 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How do you think this year's team will fare against Louisville?
Old 07-07-17, 01:11 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
The only thing that kept it from being a running clock last year was Annarella was kind and took his foot off the gas. Unless we are like plus 4 or 5 in turnovers, or get several huge plays from Mathie, Hartline, and Burick I can't see us winning this one.
Old 07-07-17, 03:21 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Wait, what?? Seniors 17/18. Juniors 16/17. Sophomores 15/16 and Freshmen 14/15.

So this kid is currently 16 and entering his freshman year? So, he was held at kindergarten a year AND repeated a year? If so, he may not have the brains to play a college sport.
"Homeschooled" until 8th then repetead 8th at Fitch. Its an interesting situation to say the least.
Old 07-07-17, 04:58 PM
All Ohio

falcons53 is on a distinguished road
I am not trying to call anyone out on this. I really don't know anything about either kid. I just remembered people on here talking about a young QB. Let's not discuss the situation with a 15/16 year old kid. I apologize for bringing it into the discussion. Let's focus on the kids that are at Fitch. Stay positive. Go Falcons, Stone Walls and Cannons!
Old 07-08-17, 06:29 AM
All Ohio

Agreed falcons53. The kid left to go what he perceives as greener pastures. Good luck to him. So who is going to be the QB? We will have two very good backs in Smith and Lumsden. This group was supposed to be the team. We need to block better, and we need a few wrinkles in the offense. These teams we have the last few years scream wing-t, but that's not going to happen. I'm going to say we go 7-3 or 8-2. Very tough schedule. Brunswick has a new coach, which will change things there. Louisville was young last year, so I expect a tougher challenge. I don't know much about Hudson, but it seems like they just reload. I think Harding may come back down to earth now that Bowden is gone. Mooney should be tough. McDowell had a veteran team last year, so it may be down a bit. No matter how you look at it, this will be tough year. I will say I watched a little of the kid that left's film and there were some receivers that were really tough. Might see them this year.
Old 07-09-17, 11:46 AM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
How do you think this year's team will fare against Louisville?
A bit early to say, but if I had to make a guess. I'd say pretty well.
Old 07-09-17, 11:46 AM
All American

FootballQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
The only thing that kept it from being a running clock last year was Annarella was kind and took his foot off the gas. Unless we are like plus 4 or 5 in turnovers, or get several huge plays from Mathie, Hartline, and Burick I can't see us winning this one.
Old 07-12-17, 10:51 AM
All Ohio

How many kids are out this year? They should be conditioning now. We seem to have depth every year.
Old 07-12-17, 09:58 PM
All Ohio

There is a true freshman coming up that could be the starting QB next year. He's got the size and speed just needs to put on some muscle and get in the weightroom.
Old 07-12-17, 11:01 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
There is a true freshman coming up that could be the starting QB next year. He's got the size and speed just needs to put on some muscle and get in the weightroom.
Are you talking about #15 from the jr high team? If so this was covered a few posts up the page. He is enrolled at Akron Hoban.
Old 07-13-17, 07:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
Are you talking about #15 from the jr high team? If so this was covered a few posts up the page. He is enrolled at Akron Hoban.
No, I believe he was #16.
Old 07-14-17, 11:55 AM
All Ohio

I saw some video of the kid who was a freshman last year. He looked tough. If we don't have a good QB who can run the read option we are dead. The QB from a couple of years ago was a man and made things happen. The offense sputtered last year. I'm not that upset that Fowler left, but it does leave a big hole to fill.
Old 07-16-17, 10:37 AM
Junior Varsity

bktasz77 is on a distinguished road
This is two years in a row kids have gone to Niles,which is certainly not an upgrade. Biggest question to me is who replaced the top 2 assistant coaches? Or did Phil level them vacant?
Old 07-16-17, 10:49 AM
All Ohio

smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
PJ mays was brought in and I am not sure who the other new assistant is in. Always have had good assistants, the question is will the head huncho listen to them
Old 07-16-17, 12:39 PM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
How many schools has Pj mays coached at??
Old 07-16-17, 01:19 PM
All Ohio

Tommy Knight still on staff?