Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-10-17, 03:27 PM
All Region

Baseballfan20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I think TCN playing Versailles would be a stretch. That would require Versailles giving up precious points playing a school the same size as most MAC schools. Also TCN has its hands full with Miami East, Covington, Brookville, Ft Loramie. Adding Versailles would be murderous.
I think Shawnee would be a good game for TCN or even adding Milton Union who is a closer school like Brookville. TCN is certainly capable of being competitive though.
I wouldnt like any of those if I was TCN.
North only beats Brookville with a really good team or a down year for Brookville (last win took both happening). With that having to happen
they either get no points for the loss or less points for the win bc Brookville is probably 5-5 when North beats them. If anything its about the $$$ big gates for both schools to open the season.
Everyone has hope in Week 1. Good way to pad the Athletic budget the first week every other year.
Old 08-10-17, 07:20 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Goodwin WOULD have won 9 state titles playing in the CCC......you drinking Bud light or Moeller beers tonight?
Neither although Moeller's brew barn has some good beer to chose from. Versailles won 6 state titles, 5 before they joined the MAC was it the conference they were in that prepared them for their state title runs or coaching ? I believe the latter 100 %.
Old 08-10-17, 07:43 PM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Neither although Moeller's brew barn has some good beer to chose from. Versailles won 6 state titles, 5 before they joined the MAC was it the conference they were in that prepared them for their state title runs or coaching ? I believe the latter 100 %.
Versailles had dang good talent, for years and years.....the teams in the CCC don't have that kind of talent......

you win with Players......some coach said that sometime ago....
Old 08-10-17, 07:49 PM
All American

Quote:
Versailles had dang good talent, for years and years.....the teams in the CCC don't have that kind of talent......

you win with Players......some coach said that sometime ago....
I agree, you win with players and coaching. The league you play in is irrelevant.
Old 08-10-17, 07:52 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
How is Bethel going to look this season?
Where do they play their home games at?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-17, 09:48 AM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I agree, you win with players and coaching. The league you play in is irrelevant.
with that in mind, I don't think Goodwin would have won any titles in the CCC, during that same period....maybe the one year Covington had that boy that is now at OHIO University....
Old 08-11-17, 10:37 AM
All Region

Quote:
with that in mind, I don't think Goodwin would have won any titles in the CCC, during that same period....maybe the one year Covington had that boy that is now at OHIO University....
Im sure we have all had this conversation to why the same size communities 30-45 mins up 127 win state titles every year in some sport and there are only a handful in the CCC.
I believe it is the commitment to hard work and community. You can look on social media and see pictures of MAC schools with 30-50 guys that have perfect attendance to off season workouts. This is always a difference maker in a sport like football. Bigger Faster Stronger players that have went through the grind together plus good coaching is a recipe for success.
You also have a lot of successful athletes in the MAC that come back to live in the same home town and grow another crop of kids to do the same as they did. I see many CCC athletes live their hometowns and never come back.
Old 08-11-17, 07:06 PM
All American

Quote:
Let me explain this as simply as I can for you. I am saying if Marion Local was in the CCC instead of the MAC and with Tim Goodwin as their coach they would have won just as many state titles playing in the CCC or any small school league as the MAC. Not if Goodwin coached any other team but if he coached at ML and they were in the CCC or any small school league, got it ?
Old 08-11-17, 08:13 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let me explain this as simply as I can for you. I am saying if Marion Local was in the CCC instead of the MAC and with Tim Goodwin as their coach they would have won just as many state titles playing in the CCC or any small school league as the MAC. Not if Goodwin coached any other team but if he coached at ML and they were in the CCC or any small school league, got it ?
Lord if they were indepandant they would still crush folks.
Old 08-11-17, 09:04 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You don't think playing in the MAC prepares a team? All the respect in the world to Coach Goodwin and the kids at ML. I just think playing well coached competition every week ALSO is a factor. Not the number 1 factor, but still important.
Old 08-11-17, 09:16 PM
Varsity

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not if Goodwin coached any other team but if he coached at ML and they were in the CCC or any small school league, got it ?
Alright there, settle down. We're all anonymous friends here.
Old 08-11-17, 09:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
You don't think playing in the MAC prepares a team? All the respect in the world to Coach Goodwin and the kids at ML. I just think playing well coached competition every week ALSO is a factor. Not the number 1 factor, but still important.
Only if you stay healthy otherwise as a coach I would rather play in a powderpuff conference. As I said before Versailles won 6 state titles 5 before joining the MAC . If they had been in the MAC in the 80's and 90's they would have had to face some very good St. Henry teams, good Minster teams in the early 90's and very good DSJ teams in the late 90's. Back in the 80's and early 90's only 4 teams in a region made the play-offs, a couple of those Versailles state champion teams may have never made the play-offs had they been in the MAC.
Old 08-11-17, 09:46 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
How is Bethel going to look this season?
Where do they play their home games at?

Thanks!
Don't they have a stadium behind their school?
Old 08-12-17, 07:13 AM
Freshman

Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Don't they have a stadium behind their school?
Yes they do. On route 201 between 40 and 571
Old 08-12-17, 10:35 AM
All District

Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
Not to get a little bit off topic, but it seems as though you guys are causing a sir ruckus amongst our little prairie-land. Not that anything's bad, I think its cool as heck.

Somebody said there was a big draw-down on Thursday with 45 people taking home a nice chunk of change. And 5,000 people??? Wow!

I'm sure the owner of the tavern never expected this thing to grow into what it has grown into. But its cool as heck, and good for the whole community. Especially the 50/50 jackpot, it's nice to see that whole town benefit from it.

Good for you guys, it's good for your community.

I bet when it's all said and done, the owner will probably be ready to write the book.
Old 08-12-17, 03:12 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
Not to get a little bit off topic, but it seems as though you guys are causing a sir ruckus amongst our little prairie-land. Not that anything's bad, I think its cool as heck.

Somebody said there was a big draw-down on Thursday with 45 people taking home a nice chunk of change. And 5,000 people??? Wow!

I'm sure the owner of the tavern never expected this thing to grow into what it has grown into. But its cool as heck, and good for the whole community. Especially the 50/50 jackpot, it's nice to see that whole town benefit from it.

Good for you guys, it's good for your community.

I bet when it's all said and done, the owner will probably be ready to write the book.
The jackpot went up $104,000.00 just this past week. They are capping at 200 grand so if no winner they are drawing down $2000 times whatever too bring it back down too the cap.
Old 08-12-17, 03:14 PM
Freshman

Now back to football. Tigers looked pretty good in 3 way scrimmage today.
Old 08-12-17, 05:39 PM
All District

tvsfan
South went into todays scrimmage with Bethel with around a half-dozen sidelined players. So young players had to step up and make plays at the varsity level. Bethel took control of the scrimmage early when the teams ran 10 plays apiece. South had problems giving up big plays to the Bees on defense. Bethel ran a double wing offense....

Complete story at: Chris Tilton Sports
Old 08-12-17, 07:22 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Versailles was in the SRC back in their heyday and I would say it was competition but more coaching that made Versalles so good. Saw them run plays with precision and discipline. Hetrick was a great coach.
Old 08-12-17, 07:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Versailles was in the SRC back in their heyday and I would say it was competition but more coaching that made Versalles so good. Saw them run plays with precision and discipline. Hetrick was a great coach.
Yes he was, one of the best.
Old 08-12-17, 07:41 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
Thanks...

It has been a few years since I went to a Bethel baskeball game at Bethel and could not remember if the football stadium was there as well.
Old 08-13-17, 12:34 AM
Freshman

bethelfan1 is on a distinguished road
Bethel returns every starter on the offennsive line from there 7-3 team last year. They also return their 4 year starting quarterback and got a couple of basketball kids to play this year should be a great season go bees.
Old 08-13-17, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Played against Hetrick coached teams and watched them dismantle many great teams over the years.
Hetrick was a disciplinarian and a great motivator. Versailles kids were better for playing sports under a coach like Al Hetrick.
Old 08-15-17, 05:47 AM
All Region

I know Covington had a scrimmage vs Eaton over the weekend. How did they look against from what I hear is a bad Eaton team?
Old 08-15-17, 09:33 PM
All American

Bigbuccfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballfan20 View Post
I know Covington had a scrimmage vs Eaton over the weekend. How did they look against from what I hear is a bad Eaton team?
With what looked to be the starters in the Buccs outscored Eaton handily.

Covington looked to be the better team. Hard to say though as scrimmages are not a great indicator. A great majority of the Buccs 50+ roster saw the field at sometime. Which is what scrimmages are for.....

The Buccs are a very young team this season. May be lucky to go .500.
Old 08-15-17, 10:43 PM
Junior Varsity

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuccfan View Post
With what looked to be the starters in the Buccs outscored Eaton handily.

Covington looked to be the better team. Hard to say though as scrimmages are not a great indicator. A great majority of the Buccs 50+ roster saw the field at sometime. Which is what scrimmages are for.....

The Buccs are a very young team this season. May be lucky to go .500.
They have the toughest 1st 5 games to start the season I've ever seen in the CCC
Old 08-16-17, 02:31 PM
All Region

Jamboree

Who does everyone have for their final tune up before the season starts?
Old 08-16-17, 05:49 PM
All District

tvsfan
>> Who does everyone have for their final tune up before the season starts?

South plays Middletown Madison.
Mississinewa Valley plays Dixie.
Old 08-16-17, 06:58 PM
All Yappi

Arcanum at Milton-Union
Old 08-16-17, 07:30 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote: