Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-02-17, 09:57 AM
Freshman

AJJ5 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up OFFICIAL GMC 2017 Thread

As the summer inches closer, and practice is right around the corner it's time to start predicting the gmc standings

1. Lakota East

2. Colerain
3. Fairfield
4. Mason
5. West
6.sycamore
7. Oak hills
8. Princeton
9. Hamilton
10. Middletown

I know what you're thinking, the hawks at number one ??? They're lead on defense by a bone crushing safety (his name slipped my mind) and a solid d-line. The O-line is solid and they return some playmakers on O. It's time for a new team to take the GMC throne, I thinks east will triple option all over the GMC. Colerain has become to predictable and east will have their number.

Let's hear some other predictions !!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-17, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJJ5 View Post
As the summer inches closer, and practice is right around the corner it's time to start predicting the gmc standings

1. Lakota East

2. Colerain
3. Fairfield
4. Mason
5. West
6.sycamore
7. Oak hills
8. Princeton
9. Hamilton
10. Middletown

I know what you're thinking, the hawks at number one ??? They're lead on defense by a bone crushing safety (his name slipped my mind) and a solid d-line. The O-line is solid and they return some playmakers on O. It's time for a new team to take the GMC throne, I thinks east will triple option all over the GMC. Colerain has become to predictable and east will have their number.

I predict you are wrong.

Lakota East had TWO players make 1st or 2nd team All-Conference last year that is returning: QB Dylan Fry and DL Sam Ballman.

Colerain has EIGHT 1st or 2nd teamers returning.

I will say this. You are absolutely correct when you say Colerain has become predictable: 17 GMC Championships in a row

Just sayin'....

-CardinalsFan
Old 05-02-17, 10:32 AM
Freshman

First and second team GMC doesn't measure heart. A bunch of players fly under the radar at east. You're just bias cause you're a cardinal fan , it's literally your name.

Just sayin'.....

Last edited by AJJ5; 05-02-17 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-02-17, 10:52 AM
Junior Varsity

cincyfb13 is on a distinguished road
Colerain has become predictable... win the league and then get beat in the playoffs by X
Old 05-02-17, 11:56 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfb13 View Post
Colerain has become predictable... win the league and then get beat in the playoffs by X
No shame in a 5-7 record against a 3-time state champion with 3,000 boys and college level facilities.

One would have to ask why St. Xavier EVER loses to a school like Colerain?

-CardinalsFan
Old 05-02-17, 12:08 PM
Varsity

smashmouth56 is on a distinguished road
lol when has colerain not been predictable on offense.

too much talent at colerain another league title. hopefully east makes it very interesting
Old 05-02-17, 12:09 PM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfb13 View Post
Hey now! That's not true! Sometimes Moeller gets the win also.

X definitely is good at derailing successful Colerain teams with regularity. At least the Cards have picked up some wins of their own against the Bombers.

Please tell me a GMC school other than Colerain has beat X since the 1998 season when Middletown beat them? I can't think of who it was if so.

As for next year, Colerain is tops until proven otherwise.

Fairfield should also have a good to great team if they can get everyone to play strongly around the D1 commits that they have.

Total guessing after 1 and 2

1. Colerain
2. Fairfield
3. Mason
4. Lakota West
5. Lakota East
6. Princeton
7. Hamilton
8. Oak Hills
9. Sycamore
10. Middletown

Last edited by OUcats82; 05-02-17 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-02-17, 12:26 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Whoever predicted East to dethrone Colerain needs to get back in class. There is a good lesson in life that you don't poke the bear.

Colerain
Fairfield
Mason
Princeton
Lakota East
Lakota West
Sycamore
Oak Hills
Hamilton
Middletown
Old 05-02-17, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Colerain

Fairfield

Everybody else.
Old 05-02-17, 02:16 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
Hey now! That's not true! Sometimes Moeller gets the win also.

X definitely is good at derailing successful Colerain teams with regularity. At least the Cards have picked up some wins of their own against the Bombers.

Please tell me a GMC school other than Colerain has beat X since the 1998 season when Middletown beat them? I can't think of who it was if so.

As for next year, Colerain is tops until proven otherwise.

Fairfield should also have a good to great team if they can get everyone to play strongly around the D1 commits that they have.

Total guessing after 1 and 2

1. Colerain
2. Fairfield
3. Mason
4. Lakota West
5. Lakota East
6. Princeton
7. Hamilton
8. Oak Hills
9. Sycamore
10. Middletown
I agree. Colerain would have to not win the league for two straight years (to account for a one year fluke) before they stopped being picked as the automatic GMC champ each preseason.

Fairfield should be strong with both a highly recruited defensive lineman and offensive lineman on the roster. The Indians are shaping up to be in the mix for the GMC championship over the next few years as the incoming soph & frosh classes are very strong.

My only question about your top ten list is Sycamore at #9. Did they lose they lose that much from last years Regional qualifying team?
Old 05-02-17, 07:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I agree. Colerain would have to not win the league for two straight years (to account for a one year fluke) before they stopped being picked as the automatic GMC champ each preseason.

Fairfield should be strong with both a highly recruited defensive lineman and offensive lineman on the roster. The Indians are shaping up to be in the mix for the GMC championship over the next few years as the incoming soph & frosh classes are very strong.

My only question about your top ten list is Sycamore at #9. Did they lose they lose that much from last years Regional qualifying team?
Sycamore at 9 is just a guess really. A coworker has some sons on the team and has shared that outside of the rising senior class that the talent is pretty thin. Last year's freshmen team celebrated touchdowns like most teams celebrated victories based on water cooler talk-not sure how true or false it is.
Old 05-03-17, 09:52 AM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Sycamore lost their starting QB, Ra'Von Bonner and the two 6'6" Olineman. About 80% of their offensive production. Defense lost two of their starting LB's, at least 2 Dlineman and probably half their secondary. Bright spots are Hicks, Goodyear and Fehr are returning. Could be a long year.
Old 05-03-17, 10:03 AM
All Region

Until someone knocks off Colerain, they're at #1 with Fairfield and Mason battling for #2. Mason is at the Cage week 5 and hosts Fairfield week 9 on Senior night..
Old 05-03-17, 10:37 AM
Freshman

CincyTalentScout is on a distinguished road
Quote:

1. Lakota East

2. Colerain
3. Fairfield
4. Mason
5. West
6.sycamore
7. Oak hills
8. Princeton
9. Hamilton
10. Middletown

Lakota east was sneaky good last year. There 5-5 record was not a good representation of there play especially towards the end of the year don't be suprised if they knock off a couple top teams... by no mean am I saying there winning the league but #hawkshaveheart... I see Fairfield also fighting for the top spot... The GMC is looking real up this year excited to see how it turns out.
Old 05-03-17, 10:58 AM
Freshman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyTalentScout View Post
Lakota east was sneaky good last year. There 5-5 record was not a good representation of there play especially towards the end of the year don't be suprised if they knock off a couple top teams... by no mean am I saying there winning the league but #hawkshaveheart... I see Fairfield also fighting for the top spot... The GMC is looking real up this year excited to see how it turns out.

It may be a stretch to have them hawks winning the league, but they are deffently a dark horse team in the GMC that could really surprise some people. from what I understand they my lack some experience on the D, but a coworker of mine is saying they got some young guys coming up that could make a splash in the league. I'm hoping this is the year someone can knock the cards off. Real excited for the upcoming season
Old 05-03-17, 11:48 AM
Freshman

4old2retired0baller is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=CardinalsFan;6759367]No shame in a 5-7 record against a 3-time state champion with 3,000 boys and college level facilities.

One would have to ask why St. Xavier EVER loses to a school like Colerain? :shrug

St X would lose to colerain because they both partake in some rather shady recruitment techniques. In no way am I agreeing with these users and their Lakota east rabble rousing, however, I don't see why anybody would ever make an excuse for losing. Btw sick emoji
Old 05-03-17, 12:03 PM
All Region

I just don't see with everyone LE lost, how they could even be considered in the top 5. Practically their entire defense, 2-3 Olinemen plus their entire running game. I believe you can subtract a couple of Fry's favorite targets as well.
Old 05-03-17, 12:23 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Clearly some kids having fun- theres always a few jokester, nothing to take seriously, they think they are being funny.
Old 05-03-17, 12:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post
Until someone knocks off Colerain, they're at #1 with Fairfield and Mason battling for #2. Mason is at the Cage week 5 and hosts Fairfield week 9 on Senior night..
Wow I would have guessed that Mason got Colerain at home this year since they played at the Cage this past season. That's kind of a tough break. Wonder if the GMC will think to give them back to back home games against the Cards down the road?
Old 05-03-17, 01:32 PM
All Region

I think it's because of the new eight game GMC schedule. I'm fine with it but a lot of the matchups are the same as last year. Sycamore (Away) LW (Home) Colerain (Away) Fairfield (Home) LE (Away). The end of season rivalry games are all gone. No Mason/Sycamore or LE/LW. I'll also miss the third OOC game at the beginning of the season.
Old 05-03-17, 02:30 PM
Freshman

It's a damn shame they did away with the rivalry games at the end of the year. Just goes to show how a group of guys are trying to shape the minds of our youth to think we are all friendly. I do however love the 8 game gm cat schedule, can't hide from nobody.
Old 05-03-17, 02:32 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4old2retired0baller View Post
It's a damn shame they did away with the rivalry games at the end of the year. Just goes to show how a group of guys are trying to shape the minds of our youth to think we are all friendly. I do however love the 8 game gm cat schedule, can't hide from nobody.
8 game *GMC* schedule. Sorry for the typo my wife just bought me this new smarty phone
Old 05-03-17, 08:18 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4old2retired0baller View Post
Getting away with the rivalry game does stink, I know the Lakota game week 10 is tradition for both those schools and community. It's a shame getting away from it
Old 05-03-17, 08:23 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Getting away with the rivalry game does stink, I know the Lakota game week 10 is tradition for both those schools and community. It's a shame getting away from it
Uh always looked forward to that last regular season game East West, Sad it is over.Uh who is making these calls?
Old 05-03-17, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:

1. Lakota East

2. Colerain
3. Fairfield
4. Mason
5. West
6.sycamore
7. Oak hills
8. Princeton
9. Hamilton
10. Middletown

Uh what is predictable is at the end of the year, Colerain will be GMC champions.
Old 05-05-17, 03:23 AM
All Ohio

AllStateKnight is on a distinguished road
Colerain
Mason
Fairfield
Hamilton
Lakota East
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Lakota West
Princeton
Middletown

What is the possibility of West Clermont joining the league?
Old 05-05-17, 06:23 AM
All Ohio

CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStateKnight View Post
Colerain
Mason
Fairfield
Hamilton
Lakota East
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Lakota West
Princeton
Middletown

They would be large enough - in terms of enrollment. In the GMC, I think only Mason, Fairfield, Hamilton, and East would have higher numbers. Not sure the GMC would want an uneven number of schools though.
Old 05-05-17, 06:58 AM
All World

coolguy is on a distinguished road
Add Lebanon as well for a 12 team league.
Old 05-05-17, 07:16 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
No shame in a 5-7 record against a 3-time state champion with 3,000 boys and college level facilities.

One would have to ask why St. Xavier EVER loses to a school like Colerain?

-CardinalsFan
Damn, I don't recall Colerain playing a 3-time state champion with 3,000 boys.
Old 05-05-17, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStateKnight View Post
Colerain
Mason
Fairfield
Hamilton
Lakota East
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Lakota West
Princeton
Middletown

My guess is West Clermont is destined to join the GMC sometime in the next 5 - 10 years (or sooner). It's absolutely booming in Clermont County and the natural fit for this school is in a D1 conference as the districts numbers are only going to go up for the foreseeable future.

At the risk of being 100% wrong I would speculate that during the next few years you will see a SWO area league shakeup involving the GMC, ECC & GWOC. There has been talk of Middletown jumping from the GMC to the GWOC and with Sycamore & Princeton at the boundary between D2 & D1 they may opt to leave the GMC.

Going further out on the limb I could also see someone joining the GMC with Clermont to create a 12 team league with football splitting into two geographically logical divisions. I suspect that Lebanon, Springboro or maybe even Centerville would all be candidates. IMO Springboro would be the most likely candidate and the two divisons might look like this:

East:
Springboro
Clermont
Mason
Sycamore
Lakota East
Lakota West

West:
Fairfield
Princeton
Hamilton
Middletown
Oak Hills
Colerain

If you kept it to 8 league games per season then you would have 5 division games with 3 rotating games from the other division. You would then get two "division" champs and the overall GMC champ would be selected from the team with the best overall conference record, head to head results and Harbin point totals.

Of course this is all PURE speculation being that it's May and no real football news to talk about.