Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-20-17, 11:30 AM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
Manchester is getting a new transfer to come in and play quarterback.
Really? Who?
Old 06-23-17, 10:10 AM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Orrville is hosting a 7 on 7 with Claymont, Black River and Smithville on July 13th, anyone know what time it starts?
Old 07-12-17, 05:22 PM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
What's going on with the PAC this summer? Not much talk. Not hearing much with the WCAL either. Will there be small school football played in the Wayne/Stark area this fall?
Old 07-12-17, 06:06 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Wow drove by Northwest stadium recently. Very nice. I know Orville and CVCA are both nice. Thoughts from others in conference? Been to Manchester it doesn't stack up to these but hey always good teams. Can't believe they still have wood poles for lights! What are other stadiums like??
Old 07-13-17, 01:48 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat71 View Post
Wow drove by Northwest stadium recently. Very nice. I know Orville and CVCA are both nice. Thoughts from others in conference? Been to Manchester it doesn't stack up to these but hey always good teams. Can't believe they still have wood poles for lights! What are other stadiums like??
Northwest is nice as long as the bugs aren't around (low-lying area with some wetlands nearby), and the press box is in need of an upgrade.

Triway is very similar to Orrville.

Never been to Tuslaw or Fairless for a football game but have been to both places for other sporting events. Tuslaw's has seen some upgrades in recent years, namely the entrance way, but is still sporting a grass field. Fairless gets the job done, but it's not on the level of the stadiums you've mentioned. Concession stand and restrooms are lacking at Fairless.

I've also been to Loudonville. The drive can be a chore, but the real chore is figuring out which yard line the ball is on. Unless something has changed in the past 2 years, they had the field-width lines every 5 yards but no hash marks in between. Even the 10-yard increments were not marked, not even with the signs along the sidelines. Additionally, they had the goalposts with extremely short uprights. On the plus side, they had a visitor side concession stand and a relatively new building in the home side with locker rooms and a concession stand.
Old 07-18-17, 05:49 AM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat71 View Post
Manchester has that old school Friday night football feel. I hope they never update.
Old 07-19-17, 10:17 AM
All District

Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to year one of new teams
Hope we get surprised by somebody
what are the must see games ooc?
Old 07-19-17, 01:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
Looking forward to year one of new teams
Hope we get surprised by somebody
what are the must see games ooc?
For me personally and my location, I'll be watching Orrville/Norwayne and Triway/Waynedale. Haven't decided about week 1 yet. Not sure there are any interesting games. Triway/West Holmes could be with both teams doing the complete opposite of previous years, but I don't want to drive all the way down there. Tuslaw could be an option for opening week since they play all WCAL teams again this year. That could be a better drive from southern Medina Co.
Old 07-19-17, 07:35 PM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Really? Who?
The kid from Georgia that no one wants to talk about.
Old 07-19-17, 09:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Falcon7997 is on a distinguished road
http://m.fridaynightohio.com/news/fa...ild-end-season
Old 07-25-17, 07:10 AM
All World

Quote:
What? Who?
Old 07-25-17, 09:47 AM
Varsity

Mr. Lincoln is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There is no transfer from Georgia and Manchester's QB situation is still up in the air. So far as I know, there are 3 or 4 candidates and all were with the program last year in some capacity. Only transfer I've heard about is a junior transferring back from St. V and is not a QB as of now. Was a Manchester kid before going there as a freshman and lives in district.
Old 07-25-17, 10:25 AM
All Region

NWIndianNation01 is on a distinguished road
So excited for NW to be back in a league this year. Hoping this can turn things around for us a bit and get us back in the playoffs. I think we should fair pretty well in league play. Agreed that we may lose a game, but can't imagine more than one.

Also agreed that the first week against Lake is going to be rough. I don't know anything about their team this year, but even on a down year from them could make for a rough night for our Indians.

Spoke with someone in the know and he said this class of WR will be pretty good as long as we can get them the ball (the QB position in the passing game will be our biggest question). Fennel is working hard, but really needs to improve on accuracy. Kid has a cannon for an arm, so if he can get the ball under control, we could be pretty tough.

From what I understand though, our biggest concern is toughness and pure dedication. I guess we seem a little soft. Hopefully the coaches can kick the kids in the tail and get them motivated.

Really looking forward to the new season and getting started with league play in week 4.
Old 07-25-17, 03:37 PM
All American

Dedication seems to be an issue with more than a few teams. Heard some grumblings about a couple teams having very low numbers.
Old 07-25-17, 09:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lincoln View Post
There is no transfer from Georgia and Manchester's QB situation is still up in the air. So far as I know, there are 3 or 4 candidates and all were with the program last year in some capacity. Only transfer I've heard about is a junior transferring back from St. V and is not a QB as of now. Was a Manchester kid before going there as a freshman and lives in district.
Thank you. What position does the St. V. transfer play? Any idea if they'll use the power game, the spread, or a combination? I know it all depends on the QB they go with, and his strengths.
Old 07-26-17, 08:25 AM
Varsity

Mr. Lincoln is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you. What position does the St. V. transfer play? Any idea if they'll use the power game, the spread, or a combination? I know it all depends on the QB they go with, and his strengths.
He is a skill position player but not sure how will be used or what position. Guessing WR/TE maybe some RB/slot. Offense still up in the air but I'd lean more towards power than spread given current QB situation or maybe a more read option type offense. Will be an interesting year I think for Manchester.
Old 07-27-17, 02:43 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
How much does Manchester Return on Offense and Defense?
Old 07-27-17, 03:01 PM
Junior Varsity

BeachBison is on a distinguished road
Not sure what they have coming back, but Wright is their best player. Their non-league slate is no joke with experienced Chippewa, experienced Indian Valley, and experienced South Range.
Old 07-27-17, 03:31 PM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
I wish that was Orrville's non-league schedule.
Old 07-28-17, 06:19 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBison View Post
Not sure what they have coming back, but Wright is their best player. Their non-league slate is no joke with experienced Chippewa, experienced Indian Valley, and experienced South Range.
If Wright can stay healthy he can be a beast running or catching the ball.
Old 07-28-17, 07:29 AM
All Region

Mr. General is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
I wish that was Orrville's non-league schedule.
Thoughts on this being the final Wooster/Orrville game?
Old 07-28-17, 07:52 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. General View Post
As a kid growing up watching it, to eventually playing in it for 4 years and now watching it for the last 21 years as an adult...I would hate to see it end. However, I am not sure the kids today view the game the same way we ALL did years ago. It has lost some luster because of the recent disparity between teams...but just 5 years ago Orrville was on the upside of a 5-6 game winning streak as well. Does it turn around again for the Riders soon? I don't know...but I can't imagine Wooster wants to be involved in a game that has been so lopsided, does nothing for them in preparing for their league and nothing in terms of playoff points against a small D5 school.

I think it will come to an end...sad, but probably needed...for both schools!
Old 08-01-17, 07:02 AM
All American

Stizostedion
That kid from Georgia was supposed to go to Manchester. Now he will not. What I hear is his dad transferred in for a job at Goodyear and they bought a big house on the PL. Dad decided his kid is too talented and smart for any public school in Ohio and is sending him to some prep academy in Colorado. The kid is just a junior. Supposed to be a stud. Started Varsity football and basketball at a high school around Atlanta when he was a freshman and soph. 6 feet 4 and weighs 215 pounds. Maybe he will come play his senior year at Manchester?
Old 08-01-17, 11:33 AM
All American

Quote:
That kid from Georgia was supposed to go to Manchester. Now he will not. What I hear is his dad transferred in for a job at Goodyear and they bought a big house on the PL. Dad decided his kid is too talented and smart for any public school in Ohio and is sending him to some prep academy in Colorado. The kid is just a junior. Supposed to be a stud. Started Varsity football and basketball at a high school around Atlanta when he was a freshman and soph. 6 feet 4 and weighs 215 pounds. Maybe he will come play his senior year at Manchester?
That's a heck of a story to cover another one of your alternative facts.
Old 08-02-17, 07:14 AM
All World

Anyone know who Manchester scrimmages and when?
Old 08-02-17, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Anyone know who Manchester scrimmages and when?
I heard they had scrimmages scheduled with Bishop Gorman (NV), De La Dalle (CA), and IMG Academy (FL), but all have since dropped their scrimmage following the news of the transfer going to Colorado.

For a non-smart aleck answer, I looked up Manchester's schedule on Arbiter: http://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/6030487

Looks like 8/10 @ Minerva and 8/17 vs. Field.
Old 08-02-17, 09:02 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
I heard they had scrimmages scheduled with Bishop Gorman (NV), De La Dalle (CA), and IMG Academy (FL), but all have since dropped their scrimmage following the news of the transfer going to Colorado.

For a non-smart aleck answer, I looked up Manchester's schedule on Arbiter: http://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/6030487

Looks like 8/10 @ Minerva and 8/17 vs. Field.
Thanks, Pit. I'm all busted up about losing that Colorado kid. I was looking forward to the Bishop Gorman scrimmage. I was going to take a road trip and hit the Vegas Strip before the scrimmage! Oh well, I hear Minerva is nice this time of year.
Old 08-03-17, 01:10 PM
Varsity

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. General View Post
For what's it's worth...Orrville is on Wooster's schedule in week 1 of the 2019 season. Nothing in week 1 for 2018 though.

http://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/4034465

I've not heard either way about the series continuing after 2017. As of last season, we were looking for a week 2 opponent for 2018 & 2019...meaning we may not continue the Norwayne series after this season.

West Holmes is coming back on the schedule in week 3 2019 and 2020....after we get our heads kicked in by Lexington this year and next.
Old 08-03-17, 04:43 PM
All American

When do full pads go on?
Old 08-03-17, 10:15 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
I believe tomorrow. However first day of full contact is Saturday