Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-22-17, 09:02 AM
Freshman

RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
I'm fully aware of what Newcomerstown wanted, that doesn't make it logical. Honestly I could care less where Sandy Valley goes. My issue is with them wanting to be taken seriously in football. Sandy has had a couple of good, if not great(2015) years lately. They already have been playing Indian Valley, Tusky Valley and they get Claymont in the crossover. So essentially they play everyone except Ridgewood and Garaway. I think that is unfortunate.
Old 02-22-17, 09:35 AM
Varsity

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
My issue is with them wanting to be taken seriously in football.
You're a few years too late for that argument.
Old 02-22-17, 11:25 AM
All District

Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm fully aware of what Newcomerstown wanted, that doesn't make it logical. Honestly I could care less where Sandy Valley goes. My issue is with them wanting to be taken seriously in football. Sandy has had a couple of good, if not great(2015) years lately. They already have been playing Indian Valley, Tusky Valley and they get Claymont in the crossover. So essentially they play everyone except Ridgewood and Garaway. I think that is unfortunate.
Logical in the sense of location and neighboring rivalries for better gates. Both tie back to money so I think logic does come into play here - I think you are speaking from a different motivation than they were deciding. You are speaking from a competitive standpoint going against schools with similar enrollments.

Sandy did have some good years - I think everyone who puts on a helmet wants to be taken seriously - but yes I kinda know where you are coming - I think you are tip toeing around what you really want to say but it is just too harsh. We shall see if the QB and his class carried this resurgence or if the program is now clicking. I do not think they win their part of the league this year.
Old 02-22-17, 12:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Honest Abe is on a distinguished road
Atleast their visiting bleachers sit 200 people now instead of 20. Its gettin real in Sandyville

Basketball and Baseball are based on location. Which essentially is what football is also. no sense in calling it the big school small school. Should just be called "wherever you want to go" division.
Old 02-22-17, 12:13 PM
Junior Varsity

Hoops and baseball will be

Hiland
Garaway
Ridgewood
Claymont
Newcomerstown
IV
Trail

EC
TCC
SV
Vern
Strasburg
Forgotten Valley
TV

Last edited by Honest Abe; 02-27-17 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-22-17, 02:03 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Nation View Post
And you further prove my point...1, I repeat 1 playoff appearance and Sandy is some football powerhouse. In that prolific season, and I admit it was a great one, did Sandy even win the league?

Call a spade a spade, Sandy wants a chance to win a league title, regardless of the competition, which they will not this upcoming year anyhow. After next season the Cards will have a chance every year in the foreseeable future...WoooHoooo
Old 02-22-17, 03:01 PM
Varsity

Quote:
My issue is with them wanting to be taken seriously in football.
Quote:
And you further prove my point...1, I repeat 1 playoff appearance and Sandy is some football powerhouse.
Which is it youngblood? I'm just happy you're so concerned with SV that you're posting about them in February! LOL People talking SV football would have blown my mind IN SEASON just a few years ago! And hey SV is .500 in the playoffs, none of the other IVC schools are. Beat the PAC champs, beat the ITCL champs, beat Ridgewood and Garaway, who thought they'd have a better shot vs IV and TV, who by the way we've knocked the dogsnot out of the past few years.

The IVC was just fine for years until SV woke up. People throw rocks at things that shine. Keep hating, because a school that never made the playoffs just did, and hasn't won a league title since the fifties will be the favorite this year.
Old 02-22-17, 04:07 PM
All Ohio

The Veer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was at this game, Looks to be the 2015 Playoff game vs CCC @ Massillon. They had a nice crowd and glad to see they have had some success recently.
Old 02-22-17, 10:24 PM
All District

cone is on a distinguished road
Who won this game, score?
Old 02-23-17, 05:40 AM
All Region

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
Watch it here...http://www.wjertv2.com/tv2/sports/football+vid=222
Old 02-23-17, 05:43 AM
All Region

And Sandy Valley's first ever playoff game here...
Old 02-23-17, 08:29 AM
Freshman

Sandy is....
1-13 vs. Ridgewood * A 15-14 win during Ridgewood's worst season(5-5) in 15 years
1-13 vs. Garaway
1- and alot against Indian Valley
Malvern has dominated Sandy as well since they joined the IVC.

0 IVC titles
1 playoff appearance and 1 playoff win.

Coach Gardner did a hell of a job changing the culture at Sandy Valley. They have talent coming in the younger grades. I'm simply stating playing in the other part of the new league (which they are enrollment wise bigger than 3 of the schools in it) would have been a better fit from a competition standpoint, to build on what Coach Gardner started. Twist it however you want but the truth is what it is.
Also when did Sandy "wake up" in the league? They still have as I stated above 0 league titles. Now that they do not play Ridgewood nor Garaway in league play MAYBE, just MAYBE they can win a title...
Old 02-23-17, 01:56 PM
Junior Varsity

Fun fact for your Thursday from the past 15 years.

Champions

2002- Strasburg
2003- Ridgewood
2004- Ridgewood/Malvern
2005- Ridgewood
2006- Ridgewood
2007- Ridgewood
2008- Malvern
2009- Ridgewood
2010- Ridgewood
2011- Ridgewood, Garaway, Malvern
2012- Garaway
2013- Malvern
2014- Garaway
2015- Ridgewood
2016- Garaway

Ridgewood- 9 IVC titles
Garaway- 4 IVC titles
Malvern- 3 IVC titles
Strasburg- 1 IVC title
Old 02-23-17, 03:24 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Also when did Sandy "wake up" in the league?
LOL maybe when we started beating teams we've never beaten before. Probably won more league games in the last 2 years than we had in the prior 10! But if you are determined to be upset about it that is certainly your prerogative.
Old 02-23-17, 03:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
Too many for CCC and too little for SV.
Old 02-23-17, 03:31 PM
Varsity

Yes we put up a good fight against the best d3 team in the d5 tournament!
Old 02-23-17, 03:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yes we put up a good fight against the best d3 team in the d5 tournament!
LOL well since you are speaking your opinion, you put up a good fight for a little bit

I was trying to be gentle.... but 38-7 is not quite a good fight.

Like i said above, great support and year. Hope to see the team keep improving.
Old 02-23-17, 03:55 PM
All Region

Quote:
Sandy is....
1-13 vs. Ridgewood * A 15-14 win during Ridgewood's worst season(5-5) in 15 years
1-13 vs. Garaway
1- and alot against Indian Valley
Malvern has dominated Sandy as well since they joined the IVC.

0 IVC titles
1 playoff appearance and 1 playoff win.

Coach Gardner did a hell of a job changing the culture at Sandy Valley. They have talent coming in the younger grades. I'm simply stating playing in the other part of the new league (which they are enrollment wise bigger than 3 of the schools in it) would have been a better fit from a competition standpoint, to build on what Coach Gardner started. Twist it however you want but the truth is what it is.
Also when did Sandy "wake up" in the league? They still have as I stated above 0 league titles. Now that they do not play Ridgewood nor Garaway in league play MAYBE, just MAYBE they can win a title...
I agree with your point, Sandy Valley should be in the Big Division and they should want to be. They finished in 9th place in their region last year and they played 5 D-7 schools which hurt their computer point totals.

But, Sandy Valley has awoken and beat Indian Valley the last 2 seasons.
Old 02-23-17, 08:48 PM
Freshman

If being "awoke" is finishing runner up once in 15 years, with a majority of bottom half finishes, the bar is simply too low in Cardinal land. One good season and one above average season is hardly being "awoke". Maybe once in next 15 years Cards can make their 2nd playoff appearance and snag that elusive league title, in which they have double and triple amount of boys as every other league school. With talent they have coming should win it multiple times after this year. Feelings are getting hurt which wasn't my intention, point being made was they should be in other league, makes league better and them better.

Last edited by RubberChickenII; 02-24-17 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-27-17, 11:07 AM
Freshman

cb_09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Trojans bullied Forgotten Valley out of the league like ninety-something to 0 to make room for SV that year. That infamous year they went 10-0 and didn't make the playoffs. Who gets an invite the next year? Surprise surprise it's SV.
A couple of facts about this information: In 2001, the year that Newcomerstown was 10-0, they played Conotton Valley AND Sandy Valley. They joined the same year, 2001. Conotton Valley did not leave until 2011, when they still chose to play Newcomerstown and others, but not Ridgewood, Garaway, and Sandy Valley ("the big schools" of the league").
Old 02-27-17, 01:35 PM
Junior Varsity

Garaway and Ridgewood contacted Sandy about non league games and Sandy said no to both.
If you want to be the best, gotta beat the best......

Now journey is just going to twist this and say Ridgewood and Garaway are just after points blah blah blah, but in reality Sandy is a D5 school. and within an hour for both schools. Woulda been a great non league game for both.
Sandy has been extremely competitive with garaway over the past couple of years.
Old 02-27-17, 01:46 PM
All District

That's interesting ABE, SV played IV and TV for nonleague schedule last year with both entering the league one would have thought SV would have been looking to fill those two spots.....and you are saying they balked at both ridgewood and garaway??

wow

would still like to see Harrison Central join - since they are made up of former member schools - enrollment wise they would fit perfect in the football south.

Last edited by Bandit22; 02-27-17 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-28-17, 08:58 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit22 View Post
and you are saying they balked at both ridgewood and garaway??
LOL if that's true how embarassing for Ridgewood and Garaway, Looking to keep a team on the schedule that they're both 15-1 against. Joke pretender bush league programs. Man up! No wonder the IVC never makes any noise in the tournament.
Old 02-28-17, 01:50 PM
Freshman

Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOL if that's true how embarassing for Ridgewood and Garaway, Looking to keep a team on the schedule that they're both 15-1 against. Joke pretender bush league programs. Man up! No wonder the IVC never makes any noise in the tournament.
Why wouldnt they want to play SV since, as another poster on here put, they have awoken. No instead SV is going to be happy beating up on schools with half, if not three times fewer boys. I HEARD that SV said they didnt care about playoffs were just concerned with league titles. Way to go...
Old 02-28-17, 02:51 PM
All District

regardless of who plays who, if they win games then they won't get to pick who they play in the playoffs

I say kudos to the league for not painting themselves in to a corner and have an affiliation with football but then use a different set up for other sports. That type of foresight could be a reason for stability....once we see if it remains this way for a spell
Old 02-28-17, 05:12 PM
Junior Varsity

fuss2 is on a distinguished road
I believe Sandy kept Tusky Valley on the schedule as a non league opponent and added Minerva. There crossover games are Indian Valley and Claymont. I don't think anyone connected with the Sandy Valley program would tell you league title over playoffs. You can't win the ultimate prize if your not in the tournament.
Old 02-28-17, 06:47 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuss2 View Post
I believe Sandy kept Tusky Valley on the schedule as a non league opponent and added Minerva. There crossover games are Indian Valley and Claymont. I don't think anyone connected with the Sandy Valley program would tell you league title over playoffs. You can't win the ultimate prize if your not in the tournament.
I feel the same, no one in this day and age would want a league title over a playoff spot, unless they are stupid.
Old 03-01-17, 09:50 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
right on cue Probably don't make any noise because Sandy can't get in!!

Sandy will really roll in the post season now that they are playing such a brutal schedule.
Old 03-01-17, 10:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest Abe View Post
right on cue Probably don't make any noise because Sandy can't get in!!Sandy will really roll in the post season now that they are playing such a brutal schedule.
LOL, times must be tough in your program if you're trying to dump on Sandy Valley to make your own inadequacies feel less pronounced. It just cracks me up hearing teams' fans that have never stepped outside their comfort zone, and have earned their early exit reputation by sneaking into the playoffs by playing weak teams, crapping on one of those weak teams because they're no longer as weak as they were, but they still want to play them! HAHAHAHA Not only does it make zero sense, it lets this board know how small you think your program's weiner really is.

IMO Claymont and IV are going to manhandle this league.
Old 03-01-17, 10:59 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
I feel the same, no one in this day and age would want a league title over a playoff spot, unless they are stupid.
Yeah, I'll take "Things that were never said" for $200, Alex.