Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-01-17, 05:55 PM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod413 View Post
It's NSD!!! Anyone joining in the fun today from the SWBL? Congrats to those moving on to the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Konner Smith (DL) from VV signed his NLI to Urbana University

Old 02-03-17, 10:58 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
with osterman back the hornets might have enough talent to improve on last years effort. but its always tough when there is so much grumbling about the staff. not sayin its right but its distracting i am sure
Old 02-03-17, 11:40 AM
All District

thebig1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
with osterman back the hornets might have enough talent to improve on last years effort. but its always tough when there is so much grumbling about the staff. not sayin its right but its distracting i am sure
What grumblings do you speak of? Coaches leaving?
Old 02-03-17, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Milton promoted their Head Coach to Athletic Director. Not sure if Coach Lane keeps the head coaching gig or if Pearce steps back in as HC. That would be a tough job if he had to do both.
Some do it and some don't. Not sure that Pearce wants the program back. He's been enjoying his position as assistant.
MU returns a lot this year. No Tipp on the schedule replaced with Northwestern. So they should end up 8-2 or 7-3.
Old 02-03-17, 03:53 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Milton promoted their Head Coach to Athletic Director. Not sure if Coach Lane keeps the head coaching gig or if Pearce steps back in as HC. That would be a tough job if he had to do both.
Some do it and some don't. Not sure that Pearce wants the program back. He's been enjoying his position as assistant.
MU returns a lot this year. No Tipp on the schedule replaced with Northwestern. So they should end up 8-2 or 7-3.

It's tough but having the right person in charge is able to do both. Jay at VV did a great job at both in the past

Old 02-03-17, 04:58 PM
Varsity

Ramrod413 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post

Creamer tried it at Dixie (coached basketball) & admittedly failed. Said to was too much.

Old 02-03-17, 05:44 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
Uh Franklin and Madison will be loaded
Old 02-03-17, 05:47 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Franklin and Madison will be loaded

Don't think he's declaring Oakwood league champs, but As a VV fan I was impressed with Oakwoods young talent. I could see them 5-5 next year which would be an improvement. They are still a long way away from competing for an SWBL title even though they put a major scare into VV and put up a ton of points against Franklin I think they are still a bit below them two

Old 02-04-17, 08:35 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
I thin the Southwest side is going to be the most competitive it's been in a long time. Franklin, Valley View, and Brookville all bring back a lot from playoff teams. Bellbrook and Oakwood are very intriguing in my opinion and return a lot of talent.. Monroe brings back a solid QB and some other contributors, but there is a lot of improvement that is needed. Eaton has a lot of improving to do. I think the league champion does lose a game along the way. Montgomery, Genslinger, and Wallen all are game changers for there teams, all three of those kids are special.

I think Madison and Milton Union are the class of the Buckeye side this year. Madison does get Milton at home.
Old 02-05-17, 10:05 AM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Local SWBL signings

Valley View
Konner Smith dl- Urbana
Micah Matheson wr- Concordia
Carlisle
Ridge Reed rb- Eastern Kentucky
Steve Summers ol- Glenville
Franklin
Braxton Rodenberger db- Cumberlands
Noah Kramer wr- Georgetown
Old 02-05-17, 10:05 AM
All Region

Local SWBL signings

Valley View
Konner Smith dl- Urbana
Micah Matheson wr- Concordia
Carlisle
Ridge Reed rb- Eastern Kentucky
Steve Summers ol- Glenville
Franklin
Braxton Rodenberger db- Cumberlands
Noah Kramer wr- Georgetown
Old 02-05-17, 10:42 AM
All Ohio

Dakota Fannin and Nick Amaya of Monroe are both going to the Cumberlands.
Old 02-07-17, 09:06 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
I know we love to get on here and argue about school size well the new enrollment figures are out:

Bellbrook 315 D3
Franklin 313 D3
Oakwood 272 D3
Monroe 271 D3
Eaton 228 D4
Valley View 226 D4
Brookville 150 D5

Those divisions are based off the breakdown from the last time they did the realignment. If these numbers are correct Franklin and Bellbrook lost about 30 kids, Monroe is about the same, Oakwood gains about 30 kids, Eaton loses almost 50 kids, Valley View down about 20 kids, and Brookville down around 50 kids. Seems like a lot of kids to lose in just a couple of years around the league so not sure just how accurate these numbers are, I know they will be verified again in April I believe. With competitive balance they could be changed a little as well, but I am not to familiar with the workings of that yet.
Old 02-20-17, 12:51 PM
All American

Ryan Montgomery up to four offers now:
Miami
Kentucky
Toledo
Ball State
Old 02-21-17, 06:54 AM
All Region

When was the last time a kid from Franklin got a D1 football offer?
Old 02-21-17, 08:04 AM
All American

Maybe Nick Monk in the early 90's it has been a while.
Old 02-21-17, 08:40 AM
All District

TuPac is on a distinguished road
I was under the impression Kennard had several D-1 offers to play football as well but I may be mistaken
Old 02-21-17, 09:08 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Maybe Nick Monk in the early 90's it has been a while.
Do you think in 20 plus years Franklin hasn't produced a kid good enough to play at the d1 level. I think the Kenard thing was all hearsay not doubting his ability but everybody knew he was a basketball player. But that's a lot of football players from a program who's had a lot of success without a kid with D1 potential. Kind of a head scratcher for me.
Old 04-19-17, 12:49 PM
All Ohio

About 4 months away from the start of the season.

Any coaching changes, any transfers? I think this could be one of the more competitive years for the SWBL in a long time.
Old 04-19-17, 07:38 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Ryan Montgomery has recently picked up Kentucky
Purdue
Cincinnati
Old 04-19-17, 07:41 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Wonder if the Bowermaster twins will come back since centerville doesn't need a QB or WR now....
Old 04-19-17, 08:09 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit 29 View Post
About 4 months away from the start of the season.

Any coaching changes, any transfers? I think this could be one of the more competitive years for the SWBL in a long time.
Uh, nah, Franklin and everybody else.
Old 04-19-17, 08:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, nah, Franklin and everybody else.

Agreed, VV will have a great year but this is Franklins league until someone runs them out

Old 04-19-17, 08:10 PM
All Ohio

That's great for Montgomery. I hope UC offers him and he plays down the road. Wouldn't have to switch colors. I think Franklin and Valley View are a step above everyone else. Brookville and Bellbrook can make noise. Is Wallen from Brookville getting any interest? He was the player I was most impressed with last season. Just an absolute freight train.
Old 04-20-17, 09:15 AM
All Region

Quote:
That's great for Montgomery. I hope UC offers him and he plays down the road. Wouldn't have to switch colors. I think Franklin and Valley View are a step above everyone else. Brookville and Bellbrook can make noise. Is Wallen from Brookville getting any interest? He was the player I was most impressed with last season. Just an absolute freight train.
I don't think bailey is getting and real attention neither is Collin. It just shows you how messed up the process is. In my opinion Wallen is the best returning RB no question. Ryan is a great player but the bulk of his yards comes from lining up at qb whereas everyone knows when bailey touches it he's running. He's just not the right color I guess. Good for Ryan but he wasn't the RB monk was and no major programs recruited him as a RB hate to see his records fall to a slash player qb/RB/wr he can however do a lot of great things on the field. Collin the fastest player in the league and has had a good career and great season but won't get more than a D2 offer if that. It's just the way it is.
Old 04-20-17, 09:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan119 View Post
I don't think bailey is getting and real attention neither is Collin. It just shows you how messed up the process is. In my opinion Wallen is the best returning RB no question. Ryan is a great player but the bulk of his yards comes from lining up at qb whereas everyone knows when bailey touches it he's running. He's just not the right color I guess. Good for Ryan but he wasn't the RB monk was and no major programs recruited him as a RB hate to see his records fall to a slash player qb/RB/wr he can however do a lot of great things on the field. Collin the fastest player in the league and has had a good career and great season but won't get more than a D2 offer if that. It's just the way it is.
I think Montgomery, Genslinger, and Wallen are all great backs. But if I was to take one, it would be Wallen. That kid has speed, ive seen him run sweeps and break away from people, but that combined with the sheer violence he hits people is something I havent seen in the SWBL in a long time.
Old 04-20-17, 10:00 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Montgomery is a new age running back. The colleges want someone who can catch and run. Not many colleges are lining up in the I formation anymore, 81% of snaps in the FBS last season were out of the Shotgun/Pistol. I'm sure with the role changes that High School football will be very similar in a few years. The Wing-T and I formations are a dying breed.
Old 04-20-17, 11:19 AM
All Region

Quote:
Montgomery is a new age running back. The colleges want someone who can catch and run. Not many colleges are lining up in the I formation anymore, 81% of snaps in the FBS last season were out of the Shotgun/Pistol. I'm sure with the role changes that High School football will be very similar in a few years. The Wing-T and I formations are a dying breed.
Yes that is true. But you have 1 back that's smaller slower getting offer after offer while the other 2 have nobody interested. Ryan deserves what he's got but if he was a white RB he would be looking at bluffton or Heidelberg, he's not the all around player bellbrooks Fryman was and not sure where if anywhere he went.
Old 04-20-17, 03:26 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Uh does anybody know Wallens 40 time? That is a difference maker.
Old 04-20-17, 03:28 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Yes that is true. But you have 1 back that's smaller slower getting offer after offer while the other 2 have nobody interested. Ryan deserves what he's got but if he was a white RB he would be looking at bluffton or Heidelberg, he's not the all around player bellbrooks Fryman was and not sure where if anywhere he went.
Uh Montgomery was the best safety I saw all last season.He will play D in college.Its all about speed. 4.8 kids don't run the ball at big time schools.