Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-17-17, 09:16 PM
Freshman

DaProfess is on a distinguished road
ECC predictions this season 2017

Who will win the ECC this year?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-17, 09:41 PM
Freshman

What does Kings and Turpin have returning? I think Anderson has to be in contention. My predictions are 1. Anderson 2. Kings 3.Turpin 4. Withrow 5. Milford 6. Loveland 7. West Clermont 8. Walnut Hills
Old 07-17-17, 11:40 PM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
1. Turpin
2. Anderson
3. Kings
4. Loveland
5. Milford
6. Withrow
7. Walnut Hills
8. West Clermont
Old 07-18-17, 05:45 AM
Junior Varsity

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
1. Kings
2. Anderson
3. Turpin
4. West Clermont
5. Loveland
6. Milford
7. Withrow
8. Walnut Hills
Old 07-18-17, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Anderson
Turpin
Kings
West Clermont
Withrow
Milford
Loveland
Walnut
Old 07-18-17, 08:56 AM
All District

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Red face

It's going to be an interesting year in ECC with half of the teams getting new Head Coaches and a new combined school. With only 3 schools having continuity, I see it as follows...

1. Anderson - Tremendous turnaround last year, and brings back QB and many offensive weapons. Maybe the learn to play some defense?

2. Kings - They lose a lot, but having stability with staff should help them rebound.

3. Turpin - They lost a lot too, but always are hard-nosed and ready to play. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to new systems if there are any.

4. Loveland - Lost Luke Waddell, enough said. They had some other younger players last year that looked pretty good though!

5. West Clermont - New school, facilities, and many more students. Should be a program on the up and up.

6. Milford - Hopefully Grippa can get something going, but I'm not too hopeful. People thought last guy was a jerk, Grippa rubs many the wrong way, so it depends if community supports him or not.

7. Withrow - 3rd Head Coach in 1 year enough said. Low numbers, no freshman team 4 years in a row, no linemen, graduated many seniors, I just don't see it.

8. Walnut Hills - Bad football, that is it. Just try to recover from the fraud and mess of Leinhart.
Old 07-18-17, 01:27 PM
Junior Varsity

RollDamnTide is on a distinguished road
Here is how I see it (Bias Turpin opinion :

1)Turpin- Yes they have a new Coach, but don't think because they graduated a lot of talent that there will be a huge drop off... The program went 30-0 last year (Frosh, JV, Varsity) so I would say the pipeline is full for guys to step in. Yes losing Evans and Thompson hurts on Defense, but the Spartans bring back the entire secondary (Hausfeld, Durso , and Haddad) This group gave up very little in the passing game last year. I look for this Turpin team to be like the ones of the past hard nose defense, but I look for the New coach to pump some new blood into the offense .

2)The Anderson R-words- There offense is going to be explosive, with Volpeheim, Watt, Blaha. There might not be a better triplet in the tristate! but my worry with them will be can they stop anyone!! I predict the ECC title will be decided at Spartan stadium next year.

3)Kings-Another team that loses a lot but also has a lot of guys with some varsity experience stepping into larger roles. I believe Jake Stylstki who played RB last year will be playing QB (Kings fan Confirm), with him and that little scat back they found last year, this duo could present some problems.

4)Walnut- Talent is there just need to find a way to put it together

5)Milford- Can Grippa solve the mystery that is Milford football and classes that steadily decline from freshman year forward... not this year!!!

6)West Clremont- Ayers will have these boys playing just not familiar with any big names returning, I look for this program to be in contention for years to come.

7) Loveland- Luke Waddell??? O ya he finally graduated(thank the lord!!!)... who will fill his large shoes in an ancient offensive system

8)Withrow
Old 07-18-17, 02:53 PM
All District

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
The talent is most definitely NOT at Walnut!!! They will continue to be at the bottom of ECC for foreseeable future.
Old 07-18-17, 03:17 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaProfess View Post
Who will win the ECC this year?
Uh, can you say Turpin?
Old 07-18-17, 03:58 PM
All Region

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
The talent is most definitely NOT at Walnut!!! They will continue to be at the bottom of ECC for foreseeable future.
Walnut lost a couple of kids with D1 offers to Princeton and Pickerington Central after the dismissal of Lainhart. It was amazing the level of young talent he was "recruiting" to Walnut Hills. They still have a couple of kids with D1 offers and probably the best overall prospect in the league in Juwon Briggs, but they will struggle to go .500.
Old 07-19-17, 02:48 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDamnTide View Post
Here is how I see it (Bias Turpin opinion :

1)Turpin- Yes they have a new Coach, but don't think because they graduated a lot of talent that there will be a huge drop off... The program went 30-0 last year (Frosh, JV, Varsity) so I would say the pipeline is full for guys to step in. Yes losing Evans and Thompson hurts on Defense, but the Spartans bring back the entire secondary (Hausfeld, Durso , and Haddad) This group gave up very little in the passing game last year. I look for this Turpin team to be like the ones of the past hard nose defense, but I look for the New coach to pump some new blood into the offense .

2)The Anderson R-words- There offense is going to be explosive, with Volpeheim, Watt, Blaha. There might not be a better triplet in the tristate! but my worry with them will be can they stop anyone!! I predict the ECC title will be decided at Spartan stadium next year.

3)Kings-Another team that loses a lot but also has a lot of guys with some varsity experience stepping into larger roles. I believe Jake Stylstki who played RB last year will be playing QB (Kings fan Confirm), with him and that little scat back they found last year, this duo could present some problems.

4)Walnut- Talent is there just need to find a way to put it together

5)Milford- Can Grippa solve the mystery that is Milford football and classes that steadily decline from freshman year forward... not this year!!!

6)West Clremont- Ayers will have these boys playing just not familiar with any big names returning, I look for this program to be in contention for years to come.

7) Loveland- Luke Waddell??? O ya he finally graduated(thank the lord!!!)... who will fill his large shoes in an ancient offensive system

8)Withrow
Got to see Withrow yesterday in 7 on 7 at Norwood. I'm not saying they are going to win the ECC however, I was truly impressed with there discipline and there hustle. Numbers were low but they had more than last season. Coach Snow is off to a great start but we will see when the season start. Coaching staff is very different. If Coach Snow and his coaches keep it up Withrow doesn't look like the Withrow from last season.
Old 08-02-17, 11:43 AM
All Region

deuces dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Got to see Withrow yesterday in 7 on 7 at Norwood. I'm not saying they are going to win the ECC however, I was truly impressed with there discipline and there hustle. Numbers were low but they had more than last season. Coach Snow is off to a great start but we will see when the season start. Coaching staff is very different. If Coach Snow and his coaches keep it up Withrow doesn't look like the Withrow from last season.
I have heard that Withrow will be much improved, they added a talented Walnut Hills transfer who should help on the offensive side of the ball.

Speaking of transfers was it a surprise that Quentin Wilson (UK Commit) transferred from Walnut to Turpin. His presence makes an already strong program, that much tougher.
Old 08-02-17, 03:01 PM
Varsity

chopper4565 is on a distinguished road
Saw Anderson qb last year. Pretty good. He have any offers yet?
Old 08-03-17, 12:08 PM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper4565 View Post
Saw Anderson qb last year. Pretty good. He have any offers yet?
Not seeing any yet on his 24/7 page

http://247sports.com/Player/Jay-Volpenhein-46041424
Old 08-04-17, 02:37 PM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces dad View Post
Walnut lost a couple of kids with D1 offers to Princeton and Pickerington Central after the dismissal of Lainhart. It was amazing the level of young talent he was "recruiting" to Walnut Hills. They still have a couple of kids with D1 offers and probably the best overall prospect in the league in Juwon Briggs, but they will struggle to go .500.
Junior Jowon Briggs may be the best prospect in the city not just the league. He is rated one of the top talents in the country(see article). And just as important he is a great young man who will do some big things in whatever career he chooses. The other transfers you mentioned were not near as talented as Jowon and will not be a great loss. Back ups behind them will fill for them. That being said Walnut will be lucky to be 500 this year. Too much coaching/AD issues going on over there.

http://scout.com/college/football/re...cles-105765347
Old 08-08-17, 01:10 PM
Freshman

flyeaglesfly is on a distinguished road
Ecc

Turpin
Anderson
The Rest

Kings has issues. No leadership. Defense will struggle. 6-4, 5-5
West Clermont.
Loveland
Withrow
Milford
Walnut

I see Turpin and Anderson dominating the next few years.
Old 08-08-17, 07:34 PM
Freshman

flyeaglesfly is on a distinguished road
Just watched kings west ponitz and trotwood scrimmage

Kings def 6-4 or 5-5

Numbers way down

Not much size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-17, 07:43 PM
Junior Varsity

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
West Clermont will be in the top 3! The Wolves are on the prowl! Walnut and Withrow fight for 7th place. Milford 6th, Loveland 5th, Kings 4th, Turpin and Anderson fighting with WC for the crown.
Old 08-08-17, 07:46 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
West Clermont will be in the top 3! The Wolves are on the prowl! Walnut and Withrow fight for 7th place. Milford 6th, Loveland 5th, Kings 4th, Turpin and Anderson fighting with WC for the crown.
Uh, nah to slow and not aggressive to the ball.
Old 08-08-17, 08:04 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods had a combined practiced with Withrow today. The Tigers didn't look terrible. Their numbers are low, I counted 34. But they have a handful of guys. Good RB, DE and MLB.
Old 08-08-17, 08:27 PM
All Yappi

The predictions about West Clermont are all over the place. Winton Woods has them in week 2. Who does WC scrimmage I'd like to go check them out.
Old 08-09-17, 07:12 AM
Freshman

sappercpt is on a distinguished road
@Campbell County 8/11 and @Moeller 8/18
Old 08-09-17, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappercpt View Post
@Campbell County 8/11 and @Moeller 8/18
Times? I thought WC was at Franklin on Friday?
Old 08-09-17, 08:53 AM
Freshman

sappercpt is on a distinguished road
7:30 for CC not sure on Moeller
Old 08-09-17, 12:04 PM
Freshman

CincinnatiDot is on a distinguished road
Turpin - program went 30-0 last year (Freshmen, JV, Varsity all undefeated)
Anderson - excellent offense...bad defense..bad special teams
Kings - Continuity helps with the Coaching staff
Withrow - Surprise team this year. Great athletes. Have to put it together
Loveland - Waddell finally left! great kid and athlete
Milford - Want to see what Grippa can do for Milford at this stage in his career
Walnut Hills - Hopefully they're done with illegal recruiting, illegal hires, lies, etc
West Clermont - I have no clue what they will look like this year
Old 08-10-17, 09:58 PM
All Region

tiger56dad is on a distinguished road
Don't want to predict but I'm hearing that the numbers are down at 1Tiger Trail. Might be a tough year for my beloved Tigers but who knows, that's why they play the games!
Old 08-10-17, 11:33 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger56dad View Post
Don't want to predict but I'm hearing that the numbers are down at 1Tiger Trail. Might be a tough year for my beloved Tigers but who knows, that's why they play the games!
Wait one minute sir, I went to a game last year and I counted about 28 kids for Withrow, however, the other day I counted about 40 so this is improvement. I think the Tigers are going to surprise some folks.
Old 08-11-17, 12:00 AM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wait one minute sir, I went to a game last year and I counted about 28 kids for Withrow, however, the other day I counted about 40 so this is improvement. I think the Tigers are going to surprise some folks.
Im pretty sure he meant the Loveland Tigers. The school is located on 1 tiger trail.
Old 08-13-17, 12:58 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Anderson: 10-0

Turpin: 9-1
(Losses: Anderson)

Kings: 5-5
(Losses: Lebanon, East, Cov Cath, Anderson, Turpin)

Loveland: 4-6
(Losses: Sycamore, Lebanon, Miamisburg, Anderson, Tupin, Kings)

Milford: 4-6
(Loses: Oak Hills, Fairmont, Anderson, Turpin, Kings, Loveland)

Withrow: 4-6
(Losses: Mason, Anderson, Turpin, Kings, Loveland, Milford)

Walnut Hills: 2-8
(Losses: East, St. X, Anderson, Turpin, Kings, Loveland, Milford, Withrow)

West Clermont: 0-10
Old 08-14-17, 09:19 AM
Freshman

CincinnatiDot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He was referring to the Loveland Tigers not the Withrow Tigers