Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-31-17, 08:47 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: Rayen Stadium
Posts: 9,118
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
I'm back .
I said most

It's been so long, I've forgotten most of their names
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-31-17, 11:07 AM
thickthinbigred thickthinbigred is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-07-12
Posts: 548
thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
I said most

It's been so long, I've forgotten most of their names
So have I . Some have past on like Buckeye Bill and Fairwoodking ,but lets see if we can get some new blood with some interesting insight on HSFB .
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-31-17, 11:49 AM
4cards 4cards is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-20-11
Location: The Yo!
Posts: 1,652
4cards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
Big Red should move up a division after this year.
...why? Did the city of Steubenville annex all of Brooke County, WV???
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-31-17, 12:14 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: Rayen Stadium
Posts: 9,118
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
So have I . Some have past on like Buckeye Bill and Fairwoodking ,but lets see if we can get some new blood with some interesting insight on HSFB .
2 HOFers there

Josh and manowar were also big contributors

despite all the BS and nonsense that went on, one of the best informed fan bases

On the old Huddle a Steubenville/Bellaire/Mooney thread was equal parts humor and information. I cut my teeth on those threads from 2006-2009
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-31-17, 01:22 PM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 1,167
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Big Red is always good. My favorite Big Red talking point how many home games this year. is it? 7. 8 did we make the magic number 9 or the dream of a perfect season 10 home games? I do not know if my heart could ever take a report that they play a season of 5 home and 5 away like most normal schools.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-31-17, 01:43 PM
4cards 4cards is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-20-11
Location: The Yo!
Posts: 1,652
4cards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
2 HOFers there

Josh and manowar were also big contributors

despite all the BS and nonsense that went on, one of the best informed fan bases

On the old Huddle a Steubenville/Bellaire/Mooney thread was equal parts humor and information. I cut my teeth on those threads from 2006-2009
...let's not forget bigredterp/akula (I think that was his only alter-ego) and the daily on line battles with Radcard were entertaining to say the least!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-01-17, 05:24 PM
thickthinbigred thickthinbigred is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-07-12
Posts: 548
thickthinbigred is on a distinguished road
The Big red is injured this year
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-02-17, 02:09 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 190
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
The quality of kids and the serious season ending injury list is scary. It's great that participation numbers are really good and that we have quality depth. Maybe we get a couple of those kids back late in the year and they can help us during our annual deep playoff run. We are due to take home something better than a runner up trophy. Not only due but ready and good enough to do it. Every champion gets a couple balls and breaks to go their way. We didn't get those the last two years. Playing hard coupled with the odds and I think we get the balls and breaks. OK all you Big Red haters and CnB detractors, READY....START, GO.... insult me and take your shots at The Mighty Big Red.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-12-17, 09:58 PM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 190
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
rollredroll
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-12-17, 10:31 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,457
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
10-0.
Wouldn't mind meeting ya in the playoffs.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-12-17, 10:35 PM
330youngstownguy 330youngstownguy is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-12-17
Posts: 11
330youngstownguy is on a distinguished road
Struthers has a 0 chance of making it far enough to face such a powerhouse as big red football


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-12-17, 10:52 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,457
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330youngstownguy View Post
Struthers has a 0 chance of making it far enough to face such a powerhouse as big red football


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What makes you so sure?
Never heard of an 8-seed playing a 1-seed. It could happen.
We made the playoffs last year, and there's a good chance we make it again.


I guess we'll find out.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-12-17, 10:54 PM
330youngstownguy 330youngstownguy is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-12-17
Posts: 11
330youngstownguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
What makes you so sure?



I guess we'll find out.


I just feel struthers schedule isn't strong enough, so when it's playoff time and they move outside of their area schedule they won't make it anywhere.

However are they returning any of their big linemen they had last year?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-12-17, 10:57 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,457
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330youngstownguy View Post
I just feel struthers schedule isn't strong enough, so when it's playoff time and they move outside of their area schedule they won't make it anywhere.

However are they returning any of their big linemen they had last year?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They do return a couple of very talented linemen back.
They have a decent nucleus coming back.
Expecting a very decent year for the Cats.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-12-17, 10:58 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,794
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330youngstownguy View Post
I just feel struthers schedule isn't strong enough, so when it's playoff time and they move outside of their area schedule they won't make it anywhere.

However are they returning any of their big linemen they had last year?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. 3 of em. 2 of them were all state.

He also said Boardman is good.
/ done
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-12-17, 10:58 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,794
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
What makes you so sure?
Never heard of an 8-seed playing a 1-seed. It could happen.
We made the playoffs last year, and there's a good chance we make it again.


I guess we'll find out.
Talking out his behind. Doesn't understand regions.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-12-17, 11:25 PM
Irish03482 Irish03482 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-11-17
Posts: 23
Irish03482 is on a distinguished road
Big red football is hard to beat at home. If you're playing their you should be scared


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-12-17, 11:36 PM
Cannoli137 Cannoli137 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 174
Cannoli137 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
So have I . Some have past on like Buckeye Bill and Fairwoodking ,but lets see if we can get some new blood with some interesting insight on HSFB .
Buckeye Bill & Fairwoodking, now there's some names from the past, lol
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-13-17, 06:38 AM
Crimson and Black Crimson and Black is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 190
Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Buckeye Bill was the man.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-13-17, 01:00 PM
AuntBea AuntBea is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-27-17
Posts: 74
AuntBea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
The quality of kids and the serious season ending injury list is scary. It's great that participation numbers are really good and that we have quality depth. Maybe we get a couple of those kids back late in the year and they can help us during our annual deep playoff run. We are due to take home something better than a runner up trophy. Not only due but ready and good enough to do it. Every champion gets a couple balls and breaks to go their way. We didn't get those the last two years. Playing hard coupled with the odds and I think we get the balls and breaks. OK all you Big Red haters and CnB detractors, READY....START, GO.... insult me and take your shots at The Mighty Big Red.
The only thing MIGHTY about the Big Red is their ability to always play a cupcake schedule, crow about how great they are, keep the players and coaches out of jail and when it counts fall flat on their face. 0-2 when they play a REAL Quality FB team! Soooo SAD! 😭
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-13-17, 01:52 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,875
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickthinbigred View Post
So have I . Some have past on like Buckeye Bill and Fairwoodking ,but lets see if we can get some new blood with some interesting insight on HSFB .
I don't think I was around for Buckeye Bill but will damn sure NEVER forget FairwoodKing. LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-13-17, 07:35 PM
MassieFan MassieFan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-04-14
Posts: 129
MassieFan is on a distinguished road
Just an observation from the other side of the state. Big Red is one of the best programs out there. When we were there a few years ago the fans and school could not have been better hosts. Lots can happen over the next few months but would love a Massie and Big Red clash in the state finals. Great tradition and great people in both fan bases. Massie is charged and ready to go. The team wants to play the best and here is hoping they get to meet up with another great public in The Big Red Horse!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-13-17, 07:40 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,794
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassieFan View Post
Just an observation from the other side of the state. Big Red is one of the best programs out there. When we were there a few years ago the fans and school could not have been better hosts. Lots can happen over the next few months but would love a Massie and Big Red clash in the state finals. Great tradition and great people in both fan bases. Massie is charged and ready to go. The team wants to play the best and here is hoping they get to meet up with another great public in The Big Red Horse!
They are a great program. They get a bad rap because of the rape thing of course and the passion they have in that town is unrivaled. They sometimes can go over board but we all can.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-24-17, 10:49 PM
BigRedNation76 BigRedNation76 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-25-14
Posts: 90
BigRedNation76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntBea View Post
The only thing MIGHTY about the Big Red is their ability to always play a cupcake schedule, crow about how great they are, keep the players and coaches out of jail and when it counts fall flat on their face. 0-2 when they play a REAL Quality FB team! Soooo SAD! 😭
Real quality FB team eh? The kind of quality where BR beat them if there wasn't a botched hold on a chip shot FG? Do the only thing your team can do and run, run out of BR threads.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-25-17, 06:55 AM
AuntBea AuntBea is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 02-27-17
Posts: 74
AuntBea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedNation76 View Post
Real quality FB team eh? The kind of quality where BR beat them if there wasn't a botched hold on a chip shot FG? Do the only thing your team can do and run, run out of BR threads.
Would a, Could a, Should a is really all BiG RED Has apparently. So SAAD!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steubenville vs McKinley 1967 youtube treat Crimson and Black Football 16 07-14-17 11:50 AM
North! To Alaska! - Napoleon/OH Post 300 "RiverBandits" 2017 Alaskan Tour! seclmw Baseball 2 07-01-17 08:32 AM
2017 Orrville Red Riders OrrvilleRR Football 13 06-25-17 04:58 AM
2017 Canton McKinley Football Season IUDOGS Football 232 06-24-17 02:40 PM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz