Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-07-17, 07:31 AM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Louisville Leopards 2017

I was not back in town yet for the intra-squad so curious what you thought overall as we head into our last year of the NBC..

Overall been very quiet thus far in Leopard Nation.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-17, 05:56 AM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
Best of luck to Coach DeMarco and the Louisville Leps this season!
Old 08-09-17, 08:08 AM
All Region

Leopard Nation - Who is looking like the front runner thus far in the QB battle?

I am hearing alot of talent at the skill positions, but hopefully we can build a solid O- line which was not an area of strength last year. A better o-line along with our RB Van Zant now being a Sr, should produce much better results. He is a big back and looks the part, so with better line play and a year of experience, he shoudl have a much better season.
Old 08-09-17, 08:57 AM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
We may need 1 or 2 guys to go both ways on the line to start the season, but our history says that might be a long shot. The better the o-line the less pressure on the QB to make plays and thus less mistakes.
RB position should be solid. He looks in shape and ready to play....again boils down to the o-line.
Qb is tough to guess right now. Inner squad showed nothing to me bc the junior had Pugh in his face all night with little time to throw and the senior had the best wr at his disposal. Both come in with pros and cons. If the senior does get the nod that helps the defense bc the junior played there most of last season and spelled at wr (more versatile).
D-line could be nasty if they plug the right guys in. Look for a sophomore in there somewhere.
LB's should be "servicible" must be able to read and tackle
DB's again have tons of talent, but if he puts the best out there they'll be young. Problem with young guys early in the season is the big mistake can cost you an 80 yd f-up and so will a missed tackle still not sold on the DB's tackling.
This will be a team that should get better as the season goes along,but an 0-3 start would kill confidence, so the coaches need to get the best 11 on both sides of the ball out there early even if it means 5-6 guys go both ways.
Old 08-09-17, 10:17 AM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
That wasn't Pugh. He was on the juniors team.
Old 08-09-17, 11:25 AM
All Ohio

You are correct sir. He was wearing white.
Either way...we'll find out more Saturday and the following Thursday will surely tell who's ready.
Old 08-09-17, 11:32 AM
All American

Those two scrimmages will be good tests.
Old 08-09-17, 01:13 PM
Junior Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
I don't know who all the players are, but I will say that watching from stands 13 had more pressure on him all day. Was impressed with 5, 11, 15 and 24 catching and running with the ball. Agree from watching that they have some athletic kids out there. Some of the kids on the D-line looked quick also which is good to see. Can't wait to head over to Lake Saturday morning and see how we look
Old 08-12-17, 05:58 AM
Junior Varsity

Really quite in Leopard Land this preseason. Maybe after this morning scrimmage we will have a better idea what we look like.
Old 08-12-17, 07:08 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Any updates from the scrimmages at Lake today are appreciated (Freshman and Varsity), as I will be unable to attend.

Go Leopards!
Old 08-12-17, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Spencer
I'm a Lake guy!
From what I saw is Louisville surprise surprise has a nice qb.In the scrimmage today they had a very hard time running the ball or stopping the run.Lake's #1 back(Martin) didn't even dress.Louisville will be passing alot.Like I said their qb thows a nice ball,but he cant do it all.If he has to it will be a long year in the ville.
Lake won the varsity portion 2-1.

Was not at the freshman scrimmage.
Old 08-12-17, 11:53 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
I'm a Lake guy!
From what I saw is Louisville surprise surprise has a nice qb.In the scrimmage today they had a very hard time running the ball or stopping the run.Lake's #1 back(Martin) didn't even dress.Louisville will be passing alot.Like I said their qb thows a nice ball,but he cant do it all.If he has to it will be a long year in the ville.
Lake won the varsity portion 2-1.

Was not at the freshman scrimmage.
Were the 2 touchdowns by Lake after the Redzone 25-yard portion?
Old 08-12-17, 12:04 PM
All Yappi

Spencer
The 1st was a 10 play portion
And I want to say the 2nd was a 25-yd.It may have been 10play as well.I lost interest by then,but it didnt seem like they drove the length of the field.
Its kind of hard to watch scrimmage's though.Louisville may not have been playing kids as well.Plus this type of scrimmage doesnt give you a real assessment of a team.
Old 08-12-17, 12:16 PM
Varsity

StreaksFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Were the 2 touchdowns by Lake after the Redzone 25-yard portion?
Each team had two 10-play drives starting at own 30. Louisvilles 10 play drives both ended around Lake 30 I think. Lakes first drive ended inside Louisville 20 and 2nd drive they scored on about 5 yard run by #44 Reeves.

They then each had two drives that started at opponents 25 with down markers used. Louisvilles 1st drive they were 4th and 12 and completed 27 yd TD pass for their only score. 2nd drive I think was 3 and out, but could be wrong. Lakes 1st drive I believe they threw INT on 4th down. 2nd drive they ran the ball well and scored on QB keeper by #8 Troyer.

So I agree that I guess score would have been 2-1. But both teams were subbing multiple players, some key players didn't play. So take what you want from the scrimmage. I thought Lake's defense looked pretty good and offense has some potential.

Last edited by StreaksFootball; 08-14-17 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-12-17, 01:09 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
The 1st was a 10 play portion
And I want to say the 2nd was a 25-yd.It may have been 10play as well.I lost interest by then,but it didnt seem like they drove the length of the field.
Its kind of hard to watch scrimmage's though.Louisville may not have been playing kids as well.Plus this type of scrimmage doesnt give you a real assessment of a team.
Gotcha, I originally heard different. I wasn't able to make it, but I have video now and this is correct. Highlights coming soon.
Old 08-12-17, 02:11 PM
All World

Varsity: Lake 2, Louisville 1

Louisville Leopards at Lake Blue Streaks Football Scrimmage Video Highlights
Old 08-12-17, 02:49 PM
Junior Varsity

Couple things... The scrimmage was run weird, and I don't know that I would say anyone "won". Any negative play yards were just wiped away, no penalty yards enforced, and both teams had some guys not playing who would make big impacts. On top of that it looks like Leopards are trying to figure out how young they want to go this year, and it didn't look to me like they were playing kids where we might see them come week 1.

If our o-line is set where it is, the JR has to be the QB because he will be running for his life all year. The DBs could be a liability this year if the starters are really who ran out there play 1. I thought there were few good things today and some bad things. Not sire where Lake falls in the Fed pecking order this year, but I didn't walk away feeling like they were overwhelming better then the Leopards today.
Old 08-12-17, 03:20 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Couple things... The scrimmage was run weird, and I don't know that I would say anyone "won". Any negative play yards were just wiped away, no penalty yards enforced, and both teams had some guys not playing who would make big impacts. On top of that it looks like Leopards are trying to figure out how young they want to go this year, and it didn't look to me like they were playing kids where we might see them come week 1.

If our o-line is set where it is, the JR has to be the QB because he will be running for his life all year. The DBs could be a liability this year if the starters are really who ran out there play 1. I thought there were few good things today and some bad things. Not sire where Lake falls in the Fed pecking order this year, but I didn't walk away feeling like they were overwhelming better then the Leopards today.
Such is the nature of a scrimmage, a statistician and reporter's worse nightmare to cover for sure. This is typical though, August 25 can't come fast enough!
Old 08-12-17, 03:42 PM
All Ohio

Subbed a lot of kids today, without 68 playing probably both ways on the line, so hopefully the coaches got the looks they were looking for. O-line is still a concern for me. QB is not. Both kids did what they do (if you know what I mean). They are clearly more comfortable running the zone read and read option with 13 and passing out of the pocket with 2. Kinda wondering about some of the DB rotation. Free advice to the DB coach's...in a 4-2 defense you have to find at least 3/5 that can tackle. I'll give a pass to the shut down corner types, but short of 14,15 and 5 out there (and I'm not sure that you'll put either 5 or 14 out there week 1) no one looked like they could or wanted to tackle. One stood out more than the rest.... Soooo I'm excited to see exactly who we go to Thursday night against Hoban. 13 may have to be out there to help.
Old 08-12-17, 08:56 PM
All World

JV: Louisville 1, Lake 0

Louisville Leopards at Lake Blue Streaks JV Football Video Highlights
Old 08-14-17, 10:37 AM
All Region

Who is the front runner for QB or we be looking at a possible rotation?
Old 08-14-17, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
If the QB competition is really close, then what Lynus said might be best for the team. Let #2 play QB and then use #13 as a DB. I know we had a great O line that year, but Jake Adams hardly ever ran as the QB and the offense was just fine. So if #2 is pretty accurate we have enough receivers to still score some points.

Last edited by Ville-ified; 08-14-17 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-14-17, 09:14 PM
All Ohio

I want to see both get equal reps with the 1's Thursday night.
Old 08-15-17, 12:27 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
I'll wait until Thursday to see how they fare against an atheltic team to draw any conclusion further than what has been discussed. Skilled postions are no worry. O-Line I can't wait to see against Hoban's D-front. Interesting to see if we can move the ball on them.
Old 08-15-17, 03:56 PM
All American

Will probably have 3 potential o-line starters out. 51, 66 and 68.
Old 08-15-17, 04:03 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Out vs Hoban or out for awhile? Or no need to risk them getting injured?
Old 08-15-17, 09:27 PM
All American

Not real close to the program but second hand info. 51 has a contagious rash keeping him away, 66 has a concussion and still has headaches, 68 will return to practice Monday after a collar bone injury.
Old 08-16-17, 06:08 AM
All Ohio

Good opportunity to get some of the young guys in for quality reps. Those 3 make a huge difference on both sides of the line tho. Check your expectations at the door if you think we're gonna run the ball with any success and hope they all get ready/healthy for the opener.
Old 08-16-17, 11:35 AM
Junior Varsity

LepsBacker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I'll wait until Thursday to see how they fare against an atheltic team to draw any conclusion further than what has been discussed. Skilled postions are no worry. O-Line I can't wait to see against Hoban's D-front. Interesting to see if we can move the ball on them.
Our O-line struggled with Lake (without 66 & 58). I'm not sure if our starting RB had a positive gain all scrimmage. QBs had little to no time to throw the ball, now you take out 51? I can't see much production from the offensive side. Sure hope I'm wrong...and everybody finishes healthly!