Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-04-17, 12:44 AM
Freshman

scrumdog is on a distinguished road
What does Fairless have this year? Seems like they have good records in Jr high last couple of years. What does varsity look like? Coach only talks about philosophy in the paper so no one knows anything about who or what experience they have this year. Anyone know?
Old 08-04-17, 07:05 AM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdog View Post
What does Fairless have this year? Seems like they have good records in Jr high last couple of years. What does varsity look like? Coach only talks about philosophy in the paper so no one knows anything about who or what experience they have this year. Anyone know?
The coach mentioned two players in an earlier article (July 20th) and they are the 2 best returning players for Fairless.

QB Jack Laney 1,110 yards passing 11 TD's 10 Int.
RB\LB Nick Shephard, 1,018 yards rushing 7 TD's.

They only have one other starter returning on OFF. A guard.
4 starters return on DEF, including Shephard.

Both lines will have a lot of new starters, only one starter returns on the DL.

Laney also did the kicking and punting last year.
Old 08-04-17, 07:56 AM
Junior Varsity

Falcon7997 is on a distinguished road
THe junior high team has been 1st or 2nd in league the last couple years. Those teams are starting to make their way onto varsity team. We will see if they can get youth success to translate into highschool success?
Old 08-04-17, 07:59 AM
Junior Varsity

http://www.bigtimesportsohio.com
Another report about the team. Not giving much insight to season.
Old 08-04-17, 06:04 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon7997 View Post
THe junior high team has been 1st or 2nd in league the last couple years. Those teams are starting to make their way onto varsity team. We will see if they can get youth success to translate into highschool success?
Fairless has been dominant in Jr high football for about 4 years. It hasn't translated to many wins on Friday night. They should have a good run the next few years.
Old 08-05-17, 03:40 AM
Freshman

scrumdog is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the update. I seen they have a new QB coach, That should help Laney out. Also some of the juniors got some PT last year on varsity as sophomores so maybe they are due for a good season. But I think coaching will get in their way, as in past seasons.
Old 08-06-17, 12:30 AM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdog View Post
Thanks for the update. I seen they have a new QB coach, That should help Laney out. Also some of the juniors got some PT last year on varsity as sophomores so maybe they are due for a good season. But I think coaching will get in their way, as in past seasons.
I thought the Fairless faithful liked coach Wilson?
Old 08-08-17, 10:19 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Who is where this week?
Old 08-08-17, 10:32 AM
Junior Varsity

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/1314...mage-schedule/
Stark county scrimmage schedule
Old 08-08-17, 02:23 PM
All American

1_beast is on a distinguished road
Tuslaw at Waynedale
Old 08-08-17, 02:34 PM
All Region

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Tuslaw article
http://fridaynightohio.com/news/1314...n-new-systems/
Old 08-09-17, 06:47 AM
All District

NEOballer is on a distinguished road
Any playoff teams in the PAC this year????

Let's see your predicted win total for your team this season, or all the PAC teams...
Old 08-09-17, 07:05 AM
Junior Varsity

BeachBison is on a distinguished road
Manchester/Minerva tomorrow at 10 am, Tuslaw/ Waynedale, Nw/Triway, Orrville/Waterloo Sat. That's all I've gathered. Orrville and Loudonville both scrimmaged yesterday against Chippewa and Mapleton respectively.
Old 08-09-17, 07:15 AM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOballer View Post

Let's see your predicted win total for your team this season, or all the PAC teams...
I'm going to say two will qualify for the playoffs.
Old 08-09-17, 07:28 AM
Junior Varsity

Rootstown at Fairless 10am Saturday.
Old 08-09-17, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I'm going to say two will qualify for the playoffs.
Beats me. League has to do better in their OOC games than last year's 6-18 performance. Also, the amount of points available in the league has dropped again. Northwest replacing IV is a wash, but Loudonville is a division smaller than TV.

It was nice having Timken around as a DII doormat. Those were easy L2 points every time a fellow league team would beat Timken.
Old 08-09-17, 08:55 PM
All American

Quote:

Manchester 7
Northwest 7
Triway 6
Tuslaw 5
CVCA 5
Orrville 4
Loudonville 2
Fairless 2

Completely off the top of my head. I'm not sure these numbers can add up correctly.

Manchester struggles with non league, but once again I think they sweep the league. N.W. is the only team to give them a game. This is a completely tradition based thought.

N.W. should be a top 3 team as long as they are in the league. I imagine they will win a title by next year.

Triway brings everyone back from a bad 7-3 team. A year older may help, but very low numbers and a new offense and defense will hold them back initially. 7-3 is possible if they win 2 of the first 3. They just won't compete with Manchester if they want to play a physical offense now.

The rest is a complete guess. Tuslaw has a new coach. I can see them being as good as Triway, but I can't say that with confidence. CVCA and Orrville fit in that boat as well. Between these 3 and Triway, I can see them trading off wins. The middle will be messy.

Loudonville is very young. Gibe them one year to be competitive.
Fairless is Fairless. They'll win a game or two you don't expect.

Last edited by eyes r burning; 08-09-17 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-09-17, 10:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Beats me. League has to do better in their OOC games than last year's 6-18 performance. Also, the amount of points available in the league has dropped again. Northwest replacing IV is a wash, but Loudonville is a division smaller than TV.

It was nice having Timken around as a DII doormat. Those were easy L2 points every time a fellow league team would beat Timken.
Agreed on the OOC point. Last year's performance was dismal. Hopefully there will be some improvement.
Old 08-10-17, 10:11 AM
Varsity

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Orrville's fate will be decided in the first 4 weeks.

vs Wooster
vs Norwayne
at Lexington
at Northwest

If they can somehow go 2-2 in that stretch, they have a look at week 11 as 4 of their final 6 are at home, including their last 3 in a row at home. If they start 1-3 or 0-4, 5 wins is the ceiling.
Old 08-10-17, 09:48 PM
All World

Did anyone go to the Manchester-Minerva scrimmage? I was just wondering how the Panthers looked.
Old 08-11-17, 12:26 PM
Freshman

mhsnumber1 is on a distinguished road
Manchester

Manchester brings back a boat load of talent that got better as the season progressed last year. Add the kid from StV and now featuring the sophomore running back (Ethan Wright), they will be tough to beat for anyone on there schedule. Not sure whom the quarterback is yet. This could be one of Manchester's better teams in the last 10 years.
Old 08-11-17, 12:34 PM
Junior Varsity

I have a feeling their three non league opponents will not be intimidated by the mystique of Manchester. Those 3 non league games will all be closely contested games, and surely aren't going to be cake-walks, like your arrogance suggests.
Old 08-11-17, 12:39 PM
Junior Varsity

Week one Chippewa- very young last year. Common opponent in Norwayne. Chippewa lost 20-16, Manchester lost 45-14.

Week two South Range- Beat Manchester 34-15 at Manchester.

Week three IV- Always a great game.

Panthers will be good and solid as always, but to noon a 10-0 season just reeks of arrogance.
Old 08-11-17, 12:52 PM
Freshman

mhsnumber1 is on a distinguished road
No arrogance intended. Just my honest thoughts. Manchester was awful the first 3 games last year and steam rolled though the PAC when they moved the Wright kid on to the field and got a few kids back from concussion. BTW - first game with Chippewa (head coach Mike Boley) played for France around 2000) and has been rumored to be France's replacement when France retires).
Old 08-11-17, 12:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Didnt mean to be "strong" in my response. Just know what's made Manchester who they are in terms of the PAC is their non league slate year in and year out. Woodridge, SR, Black River, Norwayne, Coshocton, etc. Always a very good non league schedule, and usually coin flip games.
Old 08-11-17, 01:28 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Week 2 Manchester at Indian Valley should be a real good one. IV was very young last year, they went 1-4 the first half of the season and 4-1 the second.
Old 08-11-17, 01:48 PM
Junior Varsity

That's all I was saying. Have nothing but respect for the Manchester program. One of the best small school programs in the state, year in and year out. Just saying those first 3 will all be good matchups.
Old 08-12-17, 02:27 PM
Varsity

Football1 is on a distinguished road
Went to check out the CVCA royals this morning and they didn't fail to impress.Finally after two years of taking a beating and losing some close games they have seem to come together. Offensive put up 6 touchdowns and let 0 in. Around 45-50 kids good numbers and a bunch of solid back ups. They will most definitely compete for a PAC title this year with Manchester and Northwest. They probably have the most speed in the PAC because the upcoming Junior they have I heard is the fastest in the PAC due to the past two track season. Very excited and good luck to the royals this year!
Old 08-13-17, 09:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football1 View Post
Went to check out the CVCA royals this morning and they didn't fail to impress.Finally after two years of taking a beating and losing some close games they have seem to come together. Offensive put up 6 touchdowns and let 0 in. Around 45-50 kids good numbers and a bunch of solid back ups. They will most definitely compete for a PAC title this year with Manchester and Northwest. They probably have the most speed in the PAC because the upcoming Junior they have I heard is the fastest in the PAC due to the past two track season. Very excited and good luck to the royals this year!
Need some context please. Tuslaw was 6-1 in their scrimmage, but it was against a terrible team. Who did CVCA play?

Triway was 1-1 with Northwestern. Triway moved the ball all over. Northwestern scored on a blown coverage, but didn't move the ball too much more.

Chippewa destroyed Orrville. Hearing that Orrville had 6 or 7 starters not play though.

The only other information I have heard is that Northwest is looking solid. No details though.
Old 08-13-17, 12:42 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes r burning View Post
Need some context please. Tuslaw was 6-1 in their scrimmage, but it was against a terrible team. Who did CVCA play?

Triway was 1-1 with Northwestern. Triway moved the ball all over. Northwestern scored on a blown coverage, but didn't move the ball too much more.

Chippewa destroyed Orrville. Hearing that Orrville had 6 or 7 starters not play though.

The only other information I have heard is that Northwest is looking solid. No details though.
CVCA played Garretsville. CVCA just had too much speed for them at the skill positions. If everyone stays healthy the Royals are going to hard to keep out of the end zone.