Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Suburban League > Highland Hornets

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-22-11, 09:23 AM
All American

On The Money is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
But congrat highland on winning all those games, they have a bright future.On the money are you going to the game?, i think i am going.
I will be at the Highland-Tallmadge game on Friday. Hoping for a good, close game.
Old 09-23-11, 10:24 AM
All American

Tallmadge fans are howling over on their board that our freshmen (and fans) acted like idiots during the game Thursday. Any Hornet folks see the game? What the heck happened to get them so riled up? Apparently we beat them badly and they were undefeated coming into the game. So they may just be a little sore about the thumping. But I wondered if anyone watching from the home side had a different perspective than the folks from Tallmadge. There are usually at least 2 sides to the story...

Last edited by On The Money; 09-23-11 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-23-11, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86 is on a distinguished road
On the Money,

I don't have a kid that plays on the freshman team, so basically I could care less if they win or not, but like I described on our thread, the one player was waaaaayyyyy out of line.
Old 09-23-11, 03:53 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRPride86 View Post
On the Money,

I don't have a kid that plays on the freshman team, so basically I could care less if they win or not, but like I described on our thread, the one player was waaaaayyyyy out of line.
I here you, GRPride. If that's the way it went down, the kid needs to keep his mouth shut.
Old 10-12-11, 05:59 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Upset of the year nordonia upset highland undefeated 8 grade team 22-12.
Old 10-13-11, 10:08 AM
All American

Need a win this week, folks. 6-2 heading into Wadsworth and Cloverleaf puts the Hornets in good spot.
Old 10-13-11, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

Dont worry nordonia stinks wont be a contest.
Old 10-14-11, 03:07 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
Tallmadge fans are howling over on their board that our freshmen (and fans) acted like idiots during the game Thursday. Any Hornet folks see the game? What the heck happened to get them so riled up? Apparently we beat them badly and they were undefeated coming into the game. So they may just be a little sore about the thumping. But I wondered if anyone watching from the home side had a different perspective than the folks from Tallmadge. There are usually at least 2 sides to the story...
The 2 players running their mouths to our fans and our coaches, and kicking and recovering an on side kick up 46-0 got us riled up, not losing. We can lose with class. Someone over at Highland should teach that team how to win with class.
I was there...I heard and saw everything. It was a terrible display of sportsmanship. One thing I can tell you is this...these boys will NEVER forget that. You got them for 3 more years, and you started a war. I must admit though...coming to your place the next night and thumping you made me feel a little better.

We will have Highland circled on the schedule for years to come.
Old 10-18-11, 01:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
The 2 players running their mouths to our fans and our coaches, and kicking and recovering an on side kick up 46-0 got us riled up, not losing. We can lose with class. Someone over at Highland should teach that team how to win with class.
I was there...I heard and saw everything. It was a terrible display of sportsmanship. One thing I can tell you is this...these boys will NEVER forget that. You got them for 3 more years, and you started a war. I must admit though...coming to your place the next night and thumping you made me feel a little better.

We will have Highland circled on the schedule for years to come.
Never heard anything from the Highland folks who were there. Oh well. I can't say much about an incident I did not see. Just have to let it go at that. And it is always a war. Highland-Tallmadge is my favorite game of the year. IMO the two head coaches are the best in SL, and we always play on a nice, muddy track no matter who is the home team!
Old 10-18-11, 02:32 PM
All Yappi

Did highland great freshmen lose to nordonia?, that cant be true.
Old 10-19-11, 12:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Did highland great freshmen lose to nordonia?, that cant be true.
Highland Schools website says Highland 6 Nordonia 0.
Old 10-20-11, 06:02 AM
All Yappi

I am shocked it was that close.
Old 10-21-11, 09:40 AM
All American

Although success on the lower levels does not necessarily translate to future wins on the varsity, you can't complain about this...

V 6-2
JV 7-0
Frosh 9-0
8th 5-1

Lombardo has to be pleased with the program right now. Congrats to all the coaches and players.
Old 10-21-11, 10:17 AM
All American

Colt 17 24 is on a distinguished road
z-man

I hope you beat Wadsworth tonight but, I don't know. I think it will be a shootout since the Gazette reported that your D is giving up 367 yards a game. (yikes) Just don't turnover the freaking ball.
Old 10-21-11, 12:13 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt 17 24 View Post
I hope you beat Wadsworth tonight but, I don't know. I think it will be a shootout since the Gazette reported that your D is giving up 367 yards a game. (yikes) Just don't turnover the freaking ball.
The field is going to be a puddle of muddle. This game will probably come down to turnovers and who can control field position with the kicking game. Scholle and Snowball could have a hard time breaking the big play tonight. Punting will be an adventure tonight.

Last edited by On The Money; 10-21-11 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-21-11, 01:25 PM
All American

They beat us 34-17 but, we lost a 60 yd TD cause their field is a swamp and we were actually close at one time 13-10.
Old 10-24-11, 10:16 AM
All American

Highland's field was actually in great shape Friday night. I was shocked. Unfortunately, I can't say the Hornet defense was in very good shape at all. Snowball is really something special, but Highland made him look like Jim Brown. Getting a TD called back in the first half didn't help matters. This game could have been a fun, high scoring shoot-out, but the Hornets could not get out of their own way. Penalties plus turnovers plus a few bonehead plays equals one big giant loss when your defense can't get off the field on third and fourth down.
Old 11-01-11, 09:59 AM
All American

Hornets are playoff bound. Let's see if they can bounce back from that crazy loss to Cloverleaf and play better against Avon. If they don't play better defense than they did last week, they will get pounded.

Still scratching my head on Lombardo going for it on fourth and 5 from the Cloverleaf 42 with 1:40 to go in a tie game. He had all three timeouts in his pocket. IMHO, you have to punt in that situation.
Old 11-01-11, 10:22 AM
All American

Befuddling isn't it. You have to punt that ball which turned out to be a very big play in the game. Our staff had a snaffu against Nordonia. Went for two after the first TD and not the second. We wound up needing a 2 pointer to tie at the end and didn't get it after a 5 yrd penalty. BTW when asked why? He said we noticed tendencies.....duh

Last edited by Colt 17 24; 11-01-11 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-08-11, 11:02 AM
All American

Decent year for the Hornets. Hard to get out of the first round with that defense. They need to find a way to shore that up next year or they won't get out of the first round again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: