Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-19-19, 12:54 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Howling at the Moon

I went outside to see the biggest, brightest moon of 2019 and let loose with a howl because I had finally updated the La Salle Track & Field Annual after working on the last three years updates. For those who compile statistics about your school's track and field program, I present this as an idea generator for items you might want to include. Here is the link to check it out.

http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/Ou...%20Annual1.pdf
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-19, 05:45 PM
All World

JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Impressive work! A whole lot there to digest, and I challenge any other school to put together that kind of database. Lancer fans, as well as GCL & SW Ohio statisticians, are fortunate to have had Lancermania backing up Frank Russo's efforts over the last few decades. Few are dedicated to their school like he's been.
Old 02-20-19, 11:17 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
I tried to organize our school's info while my sons were there. The biggest issue was having a new coaching staff every few years. LaSalle was fortunate to have the continuity for all those years.
Old 02-20-19, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery will become famous soon enough
Great work, Lancermania! Not only is it a credit to you, but it's also a credit to many others both in the LaSalle track and field program and in the Cincinnati community for caring enough to record and report many of the performances in your document. I could never create such an in-depth document for my school, e.g. top 25 performances in each event, because many past performances went unrecorded or were never reported to the local newspaper. It can be difficult enough to identify school records for every event, let alone a top 3, top 5, top 10, top 25, etc.

1 question: In looking at the schedules you included in the document from the past few years, does LaSalle not compete in any dual meets anymore?

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 02-20-19 at 02:34 PM..
Old 02-20-19, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
I tried to organize our school's info while my sons were there. The biggest issue was having a new coaching staff every few years. LaSalle was fortunate to have the continuity for all those years.
Continuity on the coaching staff helps but only goes as far as how much the coach values the information. There are plenty of coaches out there that have been on the job for decades who don't save anything and rarely report any results to the local newspaper.

I've said for a few years now, that at the very least, report results to the newspaper as it is an easy way to chronicle the broadest strokes of your program's history. On top of that, just noting every kid's season best performance in each event can go a long way toward answering many questions for future researchers.
Old 02-20-19, 02:41 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Great work, Lancermania! Not only is it a credit to you, but it's also a credit to many others both in the LaSalle track and field program and in the Cincinnati community for caring enough to record and report many of the performances in your document. I could never create such an in-depth document for my school, e.g. top 25 performances in each event, because many past performances went unrecorded or were never reported to the local newspaper. It can be difficult enough to identify school records for every event, let alone a top 3, top 5, top 10, top 25, etc.

1 question: In looking at the schedules you included in the document from the past few years, does LaSalle not compete in any dual meets anymore?
After La Salle won state in 1994, it became an obsession of mine to find their results. To show you what lengths I would go to find results is one time a coach who started coaching in 1970 told me his basement got flooded and he was so pissed he threw out all his archives in the woods across from his house. I told him I was going to meet him and get those results even if they were soaked.

To answer your question. We had mostly dual and tri meets when I went there. I have not known LS to do any dual meets for decades.
Old 02-20-19, 02:54 PM
All Ohio

Run4Life is on a distinguished road
I am sure you have spoken with Red Edwards during the track clinic, but just in case you have not; he has kept every athlete that partcicpates in every event at Big Walnut.

I cannot imagine the time you and Red have spent doing this work. I kept track of my old school but only kept top 5 performances, now I wish I had kept it to top 20 or 25.

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-20-19, 03:17 PM
All American

Lancermania: Big Red Express Riders: 1600m... Travis Hawes is on the list twice.
Old 02-20-19, 05:11 PM
Lancers lead the way!

This is why I publish the book here to get corrections. Thanks for you help. Due to your diligence, two people who were taken down got restored because they were tied at 4:27.9. They have you to thank for restoring them to the Bible. http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/Ou...%20Annual4.pdf

Last edited by Lancermania; 02-20-19 at 05:43 PM..
Old 02-20-19, 10:27 PM
All Region

fanofrunning is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure Jay Huey ran 9:26.X at the 1976 state meet in the 2 mile. Do you convert that time to add him to the Red Rider list and all-time 3200 meter list?
Old 02-20-19, 10:40 PM
All World

JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofrunning View Post
I'm pretty sure Jay Huey ran 9:26.X at the 1976 state meet in the 2 mile. Do you convert that time to add him to the Red Rider list and all-time 3200 meter list?
6th in the AAA 2-Mile in 9:26.5

Good memory, there. A converted time would be 9:23.3 for 3200m. Which list to put Jay in is up to Lancermania. He may wish to keep Jay on the retired yards list. I combine my lists for anything over 400m, but under internationally-recognized lists, converted lists are not acceptable. For my lists, I only list them for comparative purposes, not for literal interpretation of what the shorter metric mark would be.
Old 02-21-19, 02:00 AM
Lancers lead the way!

Jay Huey is listed in the back of the program on the yards list. His time will not be converted and put on the metric list.
Old 02-21-19, 06:49 AM
All Region

fanofrunning is on a distinguished road
Thanks, Lancermania. I did not notice the yards list.
Old 02-21-19, 12:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
This is why I publish the book here to get corrections. Thanks for you help. Due to your diligence, two people who were taken down got restored because they were tied at 4:27.9. They have you to thank for restoring them to the Bible. http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/Ou...%20Annual4.pdf
glad to help.