Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-17, 09:22 PM
All District

riders76 is on a distinguished road
District Changes

Bucksman posted this over the summer and this is just to get it back up now that the season is upon us. This is the new alignment for sectionals to districts to state. And according to the site, it is for at least the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

I mainly follow DIII, so I am most familiar with how the changes will affect it.

It appears the two Central Sectionals (Madison Plains and Cardington Lincoln) will now both join with the two East Sectionals (Barnesville and Sandy Valley), where previously one Central sectional (Cardington) joined with two East and one Southeast sectional. The other Central sectional (Madison Plains) previously went to the Southwest. The Southeast sectional (Alexander) is now gone and four teams will go to the east sectionals, and three teams will head to the Southwest for sectionals. It does not specify which teams go which way and to which of the sectionals they are assigned.

The Northwest will host five sectionals with one of the five heading to the Southwest. The remaining four sectionals will make up the Northwest district.

The Southwest will have three sectionals (with three teams coming from the Southeast) and one of the Northwest sectionals will join them for the district tournament.

The Northeast will still have four sectionals and will have a self contained district as was done in the past.

These changes can potentially affect all districts with the exception of the Northeast. It stays the same with the exception for teams changing divisions.

Here is the information from the June 1st OHSAA Board of Directors meeting. It starts on page 9.

http://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Board-of-...June1-2017.pdf

Representation from the district to the state tournaments in wrestling for 2018 and 2019 would be:

Division I: Combined Central, one East schools and two Southeast schools 4; Combined 41 Northeast schools and one East school 4; Combined Northwest and 20 Northeast schools 4, and Southwest 4;

Division II: Combined Central, East and nine Southeast schools 4; 40 Northeast schools 4; Combined
Northwest and nine Northeast schools 4 and Combined Southwest and nine Southeast schools 4;

Division III: Combined Central, East and four Southeast schools 4; Northeast 4; 44 Northwest schools 4, and Combined Southwest, 10 Northwest schools and 3 Southeast schools 4.

In Division I, the Central District would host one sectional tournament. A fifth sectional will be a combined Central/Northwest sectional with the Northwest sending three teams.
The Northwest District would host one sectional tournament.
The Northeast District would host six sectional tournaments with two sectional tournaments to combine with one Central sectional and one Northwest sectional tournament for district competition, which would be hosted by the Northwest District in 2018 and the Northeast District in 2019.
OHSAA recommends Dresden Tri-Valley (East), Chillicothe (Southeast) and Logan (Southeast) assigned to the Central District and Dover (East) assigned to the Northeast District.

In Division II, the Central District would host one sectional tournament. The Central would also send four teams (OHSAA recommends Granville, Marengo Highland, Johnstown-Monroe and Newark Licking Valley) to the Claymont sectional tournament hosted by the East District and one team (OHSAA recommends Carroll Bloom-Carroll) to the Albany Alexander sectional tournament hosted by the Southeast District.
The East District would host two sectional tournaments.
The Southeast District would host two sectional tournaments. The Albany Alexander sectional would combine with the Central and East district for District competition with the East District hosting in 2018 and the Central District in 2019.
The Washington Court House sectional tournament would combine with the Southwest District for District competition to be hosted by the Southwest District.
The Northeast District would host five sectional tournaments with one sectional tournament qualifying to the Northwest District tournament.
The Southwest District would host three sectional tournaments and also send three teams (OHSAA recommends Bellbrook, Clarksville Clinton-Massie, Waynesville and Wilmington) to the Washington Court House sectional tournament to be hosted by the Southeast District.
The Southwest District would combine with the Washington Court House sectional tournament for District competition that would be hosted by the Southwest District.

In Division III, the Northwest District would host five sectional tournaments with one sectional advancing to the Southwest District for district competition.
The Central District would host two sectional tournaments. The East District would host two sectional tournaments with the Southeast District sending four teams to the East District for sectional competition and three teams to the Southwest District for sectional/district competition.
The combined Central/East District tournament would be hosted by the Central District in 2018 and the East District in 2019.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-17, 09:59 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Too much; is't there an easier way to go about this than to shuffle the deck of cards every year or 2?
Old 11-05-17, 10:09 PM
All World

Lionattack is on a distinguished road
DII SW Washington CH Sectional is all Southeast teams now the 3 from the SW are all remaining in the Southwest.

DII Southeast Alexander sectional will be all Southeast teams no teams from the Central will attend this year and all teams will head east for districts
Old 11-05-17, 10:39 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
Too much; is't there an easier way to go about this than to shuffle the deck of cards every year or 2?
It's either make these types of changes every cycle or deviate from the 4x4 qualification to state structure.
Old 11-06-17, 06:51 AM
All District

riders76 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
It's either make these types of changes every cycle or deviate from the 4x4 qualification to state structure.

I remember the days of some districts only sending 3. While I understand it was about getting the 16 best to state, it was brutal to watch. Those 3/4 matches were intense. Personally, I would rather live with some change every couple of year than go back to that.
Old 11-06-17, 09:20 AM
All Ohio

dman is on a distinguished road
I lost two of those 3/4 lol
Old 11-06-17, 09:51 AM
All Region

dion is on a distinguished road
I remember when Firestone had all 5 NE sectionals, and sent 5 to Columbus. That was pretty exciting.
Old 11-08-17, 10:28 AM
All Region

BuckeyeFan94 is on a distinguished road
Any idea what NW sectional gets sent to the south? In the past I remember Carey sectional getting sent down but I believe it has been awhile and this sectional was moved to Fostoria last year. I could see this being the one sent with this being the most southern (not by much) of the NW sectionals.
Old 11-08-17, 10:51 AM
Junior Varsity

pbauertwo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeFan94 View Post
Any idea what NW sectional gets sent to the south? In the past I remember Carey sectional getting sent down but I believe it has been awhile and this sectional was moved to Fostoria last year. I could see this being the one sent with this being the most southern (not by much) of the NW sectionals.

D3 LCC sectional goes to Troy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-17, 04:55 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Lima CC always goes south to Troy for DIII in the northwest. There was one year that Carey went down, but that was because the NW had 6 sectionals as opposed to 5.
Old 11-08-17, 09:27 PM
All Region

BuckeyeFan94 is on a distinguished road
okay that makes sense!