Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-22-18, 11:13 AM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Dan Reardon

Serious question to all Bulldog fans, with zero intent on stirring the pot. Just wanted to ask a question.

If Massillon wins Saturday, that would make Coach Reardon 0-4 against Perry and 1-3 against Massillon. How do you as Pup fans feel about that, and would the natives begin to get restless?

Reardon has won 29 games at McKinley, but 19 of those have come against Green (4), Lake (4), Hoover (4), Jackson (4), Mansfield (2), and a Washington D.C team (1). No offense to any of those schools, but Hoover has not been very good until this year, same goes for Lake and Green. Would there be any desire in Canton to replace him?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-18, 12:41 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I know Ursuline wishes they still had them
Old 10-22-18, 12:41 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Him****
Old 10-22-18, 12:47 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Benchboss - it was reported in REP or on FridayNightOhio that he signed a 3 year deal with CCS.

as far as movement - I would be suspicious of Nate, with all his eloquence, of moving to college ranks before Dan would up and leave. However Nate has a solid job with MCS and his wife as well - which combined salary wise - would be hard to replicate with just one salary moving on. But ya just never know.
Old 10-22-18, 12:58 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Benchboss - it was reported in REP or on FridayNightOhio that he signed a 3 year deal with CCS.

as far as movement - I would be suspicious of Nate, with all his eloquence, of moving to college ranks before Dan would up and leave. However Nate has a solid job with MCS and his wife as well - which combined salary wise - would be hard to replicate with just one salary moving on. But ya just never know.
True but I think BB was referring to DEmotion not PROmotion, lol.

I personally think he is a very good coach and has done a lot of good things on AND OFF the field at Canton. But whether you are OHIO STATE or MASSILLON/MCKINLEY - you gotta win that last game on the schedule! But I think he'll be coaching is QB son wearing the Red and Black for the next 3 years.
Old 10-22-18, 01:14 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchboss1 View Post
Serious question to all Bulldog fans, with zero intent on stirring the pot. Just wanted to ask a question.

If Massillon wins Saturday, that would make Coach Reardon 0-4 against Perry and 1-3 against Massillon. How do you as Pup fans feel about that, and would the natives begin to get restless?

Reardon has won 29 games at McKinley, but 19 of those have come against Green (4), Lake (4), Hoover (4), Jackson (4), Mansfield (2), and a Washington D.C team (1). No offense to any of those schools, but Hoover has not been very good until this year, same goes for Lake and Green. Would there be any desire in Canton to replace him?
I really don't know how many natives are left Benchboss1. But from what I hear the BSQ both in jail and not in jail really like him so there's no real issues from the "community" so I think overall he's safe. Being fare to Reardon he has put up with a lot of crap with the stupidity around him with this stadium stuff that's still not resolved. Some coaches might of left by now.
Old 10-22-18, 01:36 PM
Junior Varsity

JenksWins is on a distinguished road
Who wants the McKinley job? The applicant list for the last 3 coaching hires has been smaller and smaller. Not the elite coaching job it once was.
Old 10-22-18, 01:41 PM
Cooling Off

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
It appears as if mck fans let the attendance at games do the talking anymore. Perry people told me it was kinda sad on Friday night for an 8-0 team.
Old 10-22-18, 02:20 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
It appears as if mck fans let the attendance at games do the talking anymore. Perry people told me it was kinda sad on Friday night for an 8-0 team.
You must be lying, I have shown pictures of their crowds and been called a fraud and many other things. Their is actually a photo of the Perry game at the beginning of the 4th qtr showing the Mckinley side and it was scattered with fans.
Old 10-22-18, 02:24 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
You must be lying, I have shown pictures of their crowds and been called a fraud and many other things. Their is actually a photo of the Perry game at the beginning of the 4th qtr showing the Mckinley side and it was scattered with fans.
We all know that pic was taken before the game even started and before the teams even came out to warmup..... LMAO
Old 10-22-18, 02:29 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Reardon is a great coach. Fighting a bit of an uphill battle there, but doing alright.

The break-thru will be getting by the top tier teams more regularly. He's probably pretty close to that, though I do not think he will win this weekend
Old 10-22-18, 03:24 PM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

I would agree with that. With his salary, his wife's salary and the (non-retirement) perks, I do not think there is a small college (D2 or D3) in the country that could match his package, let alone give him a raise. Maybe a handful, but I doubt it. He would need to go to the FCS level as a head coach or to the FBS level as an assistant to make the move make sense financially for the Moore family. That being the case, if he wants to do it for professional reasons or as a means to an end, that is a different analysis.
Old 10-22-18, 03:31 PM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Reardon is a great coach. Fighting a bit of an uphill battle there, but doing alright.

The break-thru will be getting by the top tier teams more regularly. He's probably pretty close to that, though I do not think he will win this weekend
I agree that he is a great coach and McKinley would be foolish to let him go. While it is not the job it once was (what job is in Stark County?), it is still one of the handful of head coaching jobs in the state which pay such a considerable salary with very little in the way of non-football duties. As a result, my question goes deeper . . . we can all agree that McKinley will not likely be a year in-year out power at the big school level. Sure they will have teams which enjoy a spike in talent from time to time and enjoy success, but I just do not see them being able to compete with the bog boys annually. If that is the case, how much longer can the school district justify investing six figures in a head coach or make a major investment in program like that which does not generate major community excitement or ticket sales? Maybe a long time, maybe not. Who knows?

I will say this, though, I still think McKinley is a special job and while you may not compete for D1 state titles every year, I still think it is the D1 job in Stark County most likely to produce a D1 state title in some year(s).
Old 10-22-18, 04:07 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Based on what I have heard in the past year...he did apply for the St.V job and he was offered...but St V. couldn't match what he is making at McKinley.
Old 10-22-18, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
It is funny. How certain posters not affiliated with the Massillon program think they know so much?

Coach Moore has re-established Massillon as the best program in Stark County, regardless of division.
Old 10-22-18, 05:09 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Cold wet rainy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
We all know that pic was taken before the game even started and before the teams even came out to warmup..... LMAO
Rain and cold ugly. Lots of people stayed home.
Old 10-22-18, 05:13 PM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
IMHO Reardon is better than the last few coaches at McKinley but I think there is something to his struggles vs Massillon and in the playoffs. Very John Cooper-esque.
Old 10-22-18, 05:25 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Rain and cold ugly. Lots of people stayed home.
Massillon fans didn’t at Louisville, fans were packed in an hour before kickoff.
Old 10-22-18, 06:00 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
IMHO Reardon is better than the last few coaches at McKinley but I think there is something to his struggles vs Massillon and in the playoffs. Very John Cooper-esque.
I disagree... he hasn't had the talent of his predecessors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-18, 06:13 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
I disagree... he hasn't had the talent of his predecessors.

Actually Reardon has done pretty good against Massillon. The last 2 years he had a kicker that could kick to the end zone but couldn't make a field goal from 30 yards out. Two years ago I think the kid missed two field goals. Both those games in fact all three gamed were toss up games going into the last minute of the games.
Old 10-22-18, 06:19 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchboss1 View Post

Over the past four seasons, Perry has a record of 41-10 (including playoffs) and two state final appearances. If I'm not mistaken, Reardon has more wins over Massillon than the previous two coaches. Would I like to see McKinley beat Perry and Massillon? Of course, but reality is, the program was the underdog in most of those games.

The program has made steady improvements the past three years, the youth programs seem to have some exciting stuff going on. Kids are getting great off field experiences (college tours, community volunteer activities, video, etc.), and I'm not seeing the kids being referred to as "thugs" because of dirty play on the field and poor behavior off the field.

The district can't attract quality coaches if they keep getting rid of their coach every 2-4 years. They have to give Reardon time to truly build and develop. If he still can't beat Perry/Massillon a few years from now, then it'll be time to reconsider. That said, there won't be the need because McKinley is going to beat Massillon on Saturday.
Old 10-22-18, 06:32 PM
All American

JoeCool is on a distinguished road
I think you are spot on with everything you said jaf.... until your last sentence I just dont see it happening.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-18, 06:57 PM
All Ohio

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Reardon is very unlucky not to be 3-0 against Massillon. This year, it would be a big upset to win.

Moore, on the other hand, keeps getting slaughtered in the playoffs and Massillon has no titles, either. So if Hoban slaughters Massillon in the playoffs this year, will the Tiger faithful want to replace Moore?

Reardon is building a program and character in young men. McKinley is in good hands, and we are glad we have Reardon. Moore will be gone before he is.
When McKinley has the talent, well beat Massillon and anyone else we play. If Massillon only fielded kids born and raised in Massillon, they would lose to McKinley every year. But they bring half their team in from elsewhere, so....
Old 10-22-18, 07:01 PM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a fan View Post
Over the past four seasons, Perry has a record of 41-10 (including playoffs) and two state final appearances. If I'm not mistaken, Reardon has more wins over Massillon than the previous two coaches. Would I like to see McKinley beat Perry and Massillon? Of course, but reality is, the program was the underdog in most of those games.

The program has made steady improvements the past three years, the youth programs seem to have some exciting stuff going on. Kids are getting great off field experiences (college tours, community volunteer activities, video, etc.), and I'm not seeing the kids being referred to as "thugs" because of dirty play on the field and poor behavior off the field.

The district can't attract quality coaches if they keep getting rid of their coach every 2-4 years. They have to give Reardon time to truly build and develop. If he still can't beat Perry/Massillon a few years from now, then it'll be time to reconsider. That said, there won't be the need because McKinley is going to beat Massillon on Saturday.
On most of your points JAF, I totally agree with you. I also think a lot of what you said about McKinley also rings true for Massillon, especially the points about building a program and keeping a coach longer than 2-4 years.
The only part that I have to disagree with you on is the part where you said that Perry was probably the favorite most of those years. In my opinion, it should be a rare occurrence when McKinley is an underdog to Perry. McKinley in one of the 10 biggest high schools in the state and always has the athletes that should be able to matchup with Perry.

Oh, by the way, I also disagree with your last point.

Good luck in the playoffs!
Old 10-22-18, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Reardon is very unlucky not to be 3-0 against Massillon. This year, it would be a big upset to win.

Moore, on the other hand, keeps getting slaughtered in the playoffs and Massillon has no titles, either. So if Hoban slaughters Massillon in the playoffs this year, will the Tiger faithful want to replace Moore?

Reardon is building a program and character in young men. McKinley is in good hands, and we are glad we have Reardon. Moore will be gone before he is.
When McKinley has the talent, well beat Massillon and anyone else we play. If Massillon only fielded kids born and raised in Massillon, they would lose to McKinley every year. But they bring half their team in from elsewhere, so....

Old 10-22-18, 07:42 PM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

Oh my God. Are you really this effing stupid? Oh wait. Never mind. What an idiot.
Old 10-22-18, 07:46 PM
All Ohio

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Oh my God. Are you really this effing stupid? Oh wait. Never mind. What an idiot.
When you lose the debate, go for the insults lol. Typical of kids in junior high, and you're a very, very old man. You should no better, but you obviously don't.
Old 10-22-18, 07:47 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
When you lose the debate, go for the insults lol. Typical of kids in junior high, and you're a bery, very old man. You should no better, but you obviously don't.
What debate? If you make stuff up you aren't participating in a debate....

Old 10-22-18, 07:48 PM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
When you lose the debate, go for the insults lol. Typical of kids in junior high, and you're a very, very old man. You should no better, but you obviously don't.
Is that what you are doing you illiterate? You are debating? Well then I guess you might want to know the difference between "no" and "know". Jesus, what a tool.
Old 10-22-18, 07:55 PM
All World

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Reardon is a hell of a coach. Ursuline has never been the same since he left.