Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-22-18, 12:09 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 71-53-5
Posts: 6,675
Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
I agree Massillon is similar to Barberton last year. Saw them play in person too. Massillon keeps propping up St V win this year but remember what Barberton did to St V last year? Ran rough shod over a mediocre schedule (similar to Massillon this year) and into week 3 of the playoffs when they hit the wall (Hoban). Hoban is fully rested (only play 1-2 guys both ways maybe and then for only a half), and getting stronger every week (weight room). Come week 13 you will start seeing more guys playing both ways in certain schemes and the O line will take over line of scrimmage. Load the box and they will go up top, even if you load the box they can still run behind Rumler, Big Walt and 2-3 fullbacks/tight ends. Defensively you can forget about running the ball, have to beat them through the air. That is your best hope. Ask WW how that worked last year?


We get it, Hoban invented the game of football.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-22-18, 01:12 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,567
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
I agree Massillon is similar to Barberton last year. Saw them play in person too. Massillon keeps propping up St V win this year but remember what Barberton did to St V last year? Ran rough shod over a mediocre schedule (similar to Massillon this year) and into week 3 of the playoffs when they hit the wall (Hoban). Hoban is fully rested (only play 1-2 guys both ways maybe and then for only a half), and getting stronger every week (weight room). Come week 13 you will start seeing more guys playing both ways in certain schemes and the O line will take over line of scrimmage. Load the box and they will go up top, even if you load the box they can still run behind Rumler, Big Walt and 2-3 fullbacks/tight ends. Defensively you can forget about running the ball, have to beat them through the air. That is your best hope. Ask WW how that worked last year?
Don't ask us nothing! WW knows the deal! Hoban is the real deal! Take care of business. As WW will do the same and we will settle this on the field!!!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-22-18, 01:15 PM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Scatologist
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 21,590
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
1. Archbishop Hoban
--- gap ---
2a. Toledo Central Catholic
2b. Massillon
2c. Winton Woods
--- gap ---
Everyone else
yep
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-22-18, 02:25 PM
RoughRiderSports RoughRiderSports is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-24-17
Posts: 69
RoughRiderSports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
We get it, Hoban invented the game of football.
Pay no attention to him. His team was born on third base, and he thinks they hit a triple.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-22-18, 03:40 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 882
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
Pay no attention to him. His team was born on third base, and he thinks they hit a triple.
Yes it was a triple. 3 state championships in a row. Thanks for reminding me.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-22-18, 04:00 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 8,766
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
1. Archbishop Hoban
--- gap ---
2a. Toledo Central Catholic
2b. Massillon
2c. Winton Woods
--- gap ---
Everyone else
Uh, spot freakin on.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-22-18, 05:33 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,807
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Massillon is lights out good, I'm guessing you haven't seen them. I think they're the only team in D2 that has a chance to score enough to beat Hoban. Very good QB, and multiple high level players at WR and RB.
Does Thomas play both ways?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-22-18, 05:46 PM
murphy13 murphy13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-16-06
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl
Posts: 3,823
murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Does Thomas play both ways?
Yes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-22-18, 05:48 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,223
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Does Thomas play both ways?
Sometimes
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-22-18, 10:40 PM
StarstoShine StarstoShine is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-07-03
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,554
StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
Hoban wins 4th consecutive title where Football is priority one. Billboards reach 50 mile radius. Hoban remain D2 favorites in 2019 & 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-23-18, 05:52 AM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 882
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Hoban wins 4th consecutive title where Football is priority one. Billboards reach 50 mile radius. Hoban remain D2 favorites in 2019 & 2020.
Boys golf team just finished 6th in the state. Weight room paying off!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Division I Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 5) Yappi Football 14 09-24-18 03:06 PM
2018 Division IV Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 5) Yappi Football 3 09-23-18 12:44 PM
2018 Division II Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 5) Yappi Football 4 09-23-18 11:30 AM
2018 Division III Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 5) Yappi Football 2 09-23-18 11:23 AM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz