Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-20-18, 11:33 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
2018 Division II Football Poll Voting Discussion (Week 9)

The voting will take place until Monday, October 22nd, 2018. The poll for each division will be released that afternoon.

Use this thread to discuss your top ten voting for D2:

Vote Now - DII
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-18, 11:38 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
1 Akron Archbishop Hoban
2 Massillon Washington
3 Toledo Central Catholic
4 Cincinnati Winton Woods
5 Wadsworth
6 Whitehouse Anthony Wayne
7 Avon
8 Barberton
9 Maple Heights
10 Kings Mills Kings
Old 10-20-18, 11:53 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
poll not working
Old 10-21-18, 06:16 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
1. Hoban
2. Massillon
3. Toledo CC
4. Winton Woods
5. Wadsworth
6. Barberton
7. Avon
8. Anthony Wayne
9. Kings
10. Troy
Old 10-21-18, 09:42 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
1. Hoban
2. Toledo CC
3. Winton Woods
4. Massillon
5. Wadsworth
6. Anthoney Wayne
7. Kings
8. Barberton
9. Avon
10. Warren Harding
Old 10-21-18, 12:51 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
1. Hoban
2. Massilon
3. Toledo Central Catholic
4. Winton Woods
5. Wadsworth
6. Anthony Wayne
7. Barberton
8. Avon
9. Kings
10. Troy

*Poll isn't working
Old 10-21-18, 02:11 PM
All Region

CCHS93 is on a distinguished road
1. Tolrdo Central Catholic
2. Akron Archbishop Hoban
3. Massillon Washington
4. Cincinnati Winton Woods
5. everyone else

TCC's defense has been lights out. The most they let up this year was 17, and 7 of those were in the last minute in garbage time. Since week 1's 17 points they let up, they posted 4 shutouts and only allowed 1 touchdown in each of the other games. I know Hoban, Washington, and Winton Woods are all fantastic. But I have to give the edge, slightly, to TCC.
Old 10-21-18, 02:24 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
1. Archbishop Hoban
2. Central Catholic
3. Massillon
4. Wadsworth
5. Winton Woods
6. Barberton
7. Avon Lake
8. Avon
9. Kings
10. Harding
Old 10-21-18, 03:05 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
1 Akron Archbishop Hoban
2 Massillon Washington
3 Toledo Central Catholic
4 Cincinnati Winton Woods
5 Wadsworth
6 Whitehouse Anthony Wayne
7 Barberton
8 Avon
9 Kings
10 Troy
Old 10-21-18, 03:16 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHS93 View Post
1. Tolrdo Central Catholic
2. Akron Archbishop Hoban
3. Massillon Washington
4. Cincinnati Winton Woods
5. everyone else

TCC's defense has been lights out. The most they let up this year was 17, and 7 of those were in the last minute in garbage time. Since week 1's 17 points they let up, they posted 4 shutouts and only allowed 1 touchdown in each of the other games. I know Hoban, Washington, and Winton Woods are all fantastic. But I have to give the edge, slightly, to TCC.
I have no doubt TCC is sound on D and one of the top teams regardless of division. As a Massillon fan who has seen Hoban live, and has not seen TCC live I still can't put TCC ahead of Hoban. Hoban has played Ignatius, Huber Heights and St Vs on the road, and are toying with teams at this point. From what I have seen they are going to flip a switch come playoff time. The options they have is insane!
Old 10-21-18, 03:33 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Hope they get the link fixed so we can vote
Old 10-21-18, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

JimmyOhio75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
I have no doubt TCC is sound on D and one of the top teams regardless of division. As a Massillon fan who has seen Hoban live, and has not seen TCC live I still can't put TCC ahead of Hoban. Hoban has played Ignatius, Huber Heights and St Vs on the road, and are toying with teams at this point. From what I have seen they are going to flip a switch come playoff time. The options they have is insane!
Nobody is beating Hoban. Nobody is coming within 21 points of Hoban.
Old 10-21-18, 03:46 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post

TCC pretty much goes all in so I think their scores reflect their reality. And it's really difficult to gage their win against Detroit Catholic as the Catholics up there haven't had any cross-overs with the stronger Detroit teams, like Cass that beat St. Eds. Your reality is probably right but monsters have been beaten before, if the match-ups work out.

Maybe we'll have an interesting D2 play-off.

has the week 8 thread been deleted, can't find it? I'd like to copy and modify my picks.
Old 10-21-18, 03:52 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOhio75 View Post
I am not going to go that far. Sometimes things happen. All of a sudden there is a snow and ice storm completely nullifying speed and any passing game, and the ball is a rock! Next thing you know you are in 7-6 type game, because both teams have 9 In the box on D.
Old 10-21-18, 03:59 PM
All District

TVDAWGS32 is on a distinguished road
Cant select a #10 team to vote???

1) Hoban
2) Massillon Washington
3) TCC
4) Winton Woods
5) Wadsworth
6) Avon Lake
7) Avon
8) Kings
9) Barberton
10) Anthony Wayne
Old 10-21-18, 04:27 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Sorry about that. It's been fixed. Only have three votes so far, so please vote now. Anyone who thought they voted earlier, it didn't go through. So please vote again.
Old 10-21-18, 04:34 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Sorry about that. It's been fixed. Only have three votes so far, so please vote now. Anyone who thought they voted earlier, it didn't go through. So please vote again.
Also the East Golden Bears are still listed in D-II instead of D-IV, I wanted to vote them in the top 10 in D-IV.
Old 10-21-18, 07:03 PM
All District

Warriorviking is on a distinguished road
1. Hoban
2. Toledo CC
3.Winton Woods
4. Massillon
5. Avon
6. Barberton
7. Medina Highland
8. Kings Mills Kings
9. Avon Lake
10. Warren Harding
Old 10-21-18, 07:33 PM
All Region

CCHS93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOhio75 View Post
As Ohio St. proved yesterday, even favorites can be beaten on any given day by teams that shouldn't. As for Ohio high school football, I think back to TCC's team in 2013. Fresh off Central's 2012 D2 title victory over Trotwood, they moved down to D3 and were supposed to steamroll everyone. They went 10-0 during the season averaging 42 points per game during the regular season playing D1 and D2 schools and 57 points per game in the playoffs. Then came Clyde. One missed extra point and Central getting beat over and over again on the same play doomed their magical season. They lost 42-41. That was future NFL QB Deshone Kizer's last game.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams...=342&year=2013

So to make a short story long, it can happen. Great teams can lose. Hoban is great. They've won 3 straight titles and are on target to win a 4th. But they don't win just by showing up. They have huge target on their backs every week. Central, if they end up playing them, will want revenge for the 2015 loss in the D3 title game.

I look forward to the playoffs.
Old 10-21-18, 07:40 PM
All Ohio

dbarnian is on a distinguished road
Hoban and TCC are far and away the top two teams in D2. Winton Woods isn’t far off from them but after that there’s a little drop off. Massillon has a solid team this year but I don’t think they would come within 2 TD’s of TCC or Hoban. They would give Winton Woods a good game but I don’t think they win. Anthony Wayne could be a dark horse in R 6 but they don’t have the athletes to beat TCC. Hopefully it’s TCC vs Winton Woods and then Hoban vs Massillon to see an epic matchup of TCC vs Hoban In the state championships.
Old 10-21-18, 07:58 PM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnian View Post
Hoban and TCC are far and away the top two teams in D2. Winton Woods isnít far off from them but after that thereís a little drop off. Massillon has a solid team this year but I donít think they would come within 2 TDís of TCC or Hoban. They would give Winton Woods a good game but I donít think they win. Anthony Wayne could be a dark horse in R 6 but they donít have the athletes to beat TCC. Hopefully itís TCC vs Winton Woods and then Hoban vs Massillon to see an epic matchup of TCC vs Hoban In the state championships.
Have you even seen Massillon or the other teams you mentioned in person to make these assumptions?
Old 10-21-18, 08:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnian View Post
Hoban and TCC are far and away the top two teams in D2. Winton Woods isn’t far off from them but after that there’s a little drop off. Massillon has a solid team this year but I don’t think they would come within 2 TD’s of TCC or Hoban. They would give Winton Woods a good game but I don’t think they win. Anthony Wayne could be a dark horse in R 6 but they don’t have the athletes to beat TCC. Hopefully it’s TCC vs Winton Woods and then Hoban vs Massillon to see an epic matchup of TCC vs Hoban In the state championships.
Massillon is lights out good, I'm guessing you haven't seen them. I think they're the only team in D2 that has a chance to score enough to beat Hoban. Very good QB, and multiple high level players at WR and RB.
Old 10-21-18, 08:21 PM
All Ohio

dbarnian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtigers96 View Post
Have you even seen Massillon or the other teams you mentioned in person to make these assumptions?
Not in person but i’ve seen full games for all threee of those teams. I have not seen Winton Woods in person but they seem to have a real solid team. Not as good as last year but beating Elder and Bishop Chatard, IN is pretty impressive.

Last edited by dbarnian; 10-21-18 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-21-18, 11:22 PM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Massillon is lights out good, I'm guessing you haven't seen them. I think they're the only team in D2 that has a chance to score enough to beat Hoban. Very good QB, and multiple high level players at WR and RB.
Massillon is last years Barberton....Can't touch TCC or Hoban, And yes I've seen them in person...."And I don't have a dog in the fight"...
Old 10-21-18, 11:40 PM
All Ohio

Massillon is much better than Barberton last year, IMO, and are more multiple on offense than WW and TCC. I hope we get a chance find out, that would be the best and most intriguing final four of any division.
Old 10-22-18, 08:20 AM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Massillon is much better than Barberton last year, IMO, and are more multiple on offense than WW and TCC. I hope we get a chance find out, that would be the best and most intriguing final four of any division.
Massillon is good don't get me wrong, but when I seen them play I really didn't see all the hype I really don't think they can handle WW for 4 quarter...IMO, East St Louis Exposed their defense gave up too many yards rushing to one player.... TCC looks strong and fast and Hoban is Hoban
Old 10-22-18, 09:39 AM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
Massillon is good don't get me wrong, but when I seen them play I really didn't see all the hype I really don't think they can handle WW for 4 quarter...IMO, East St Louis Exposed their defense gave up too many yards rushing to one player.... TCC looks strong and fast and Hoban is Hoban
Don't really think we seen Massillon completely unveiled. Closest thing was against ESL. Massillon has the talent and the coaching staff to beat anyone in a one game scenario. Hopefully that one shot at one of those giants comes in the State Title. I've got a feeling if they make it to the big they won't be denied.
Old 10-22-18, 09:58 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
1. Archbishop Hoban
--- gap ---
2a. Toledo Central Catholic
2b. Massillon
2c. Winton Woods
--- gap ---
Everyone else
Old 10-22-18, 10:36 AM
All Ohio

suplex21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorviking View Post
1. Hoban
2. Toledo CC
3.Winton Woods
4. Massillon
5. Avon
6. Barberton
7. Medina Highland
8. Kings Mills Kings
9. Avon Lake
10. Warren Harding
Hey Warriorviking can I know your thoughts on a couple?
Avon over Avon Lake even though they lost? Avon getting stronger, avon lake declining, or just simple revenge factor?

No Wadsworth, even though they beat Medina by 21 and Medina beat Highland by 17 (I'm not saying comparing scores is always accurate, but what am I missing to have Highland on and Wadsworth off?)

Harding?

It is a poll, everyone can have their own thoughts and opinions, I just wanted to know yours. No right or wrong answer, I am not bashing at all, I just want to know your perspective.
Old 10-22-18, 11:47 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
I agree Massillon is similar to Barberton last year. Saw them play in person too. Massillon keeps propping up St V win this year but remember what Barberton did to St V last year? Ran rough shod over a mediocre schedule (similar to Massillon this year) and into week 3 of the playoffs when they hit the wall (Hoban). Hoban is fully rested (only play 1-2 guys both ways maybe and then for only a half), and getting stronger every week (weight room). Come week 13 you will start seeing more guys playing both ways in certain schemes and the O line will take over line of scrimmage. Load the box and they will go up top, even if you load the box they can still run behind Rumler, Big Walt and 2-3 fullbacks/tight ends. Defensively you can forget about running the ball, have to beat them through the air. That is your best hope. Ask WW how that worked last year?