Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-18, 09:51 PM
Joe Daugherty Joe Daugherty is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-10-09
Location: 41į23′9″N 81į
Posts: 4,624
Joe Daugherty is on a distinguished road
State dual results?

Where can I find the freestyle state dual results?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-24-18, 06:44 AM
dman dman is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-15-04
Location: Boardman
Posts: 716
dman is on a distinguished road
Hard to believe one of our marquee events and we can't report the results - ton of great match ups like always but like every other year results are off the grid. I guess it will always be one of those tournaments that you have to go to - if you want to see some of the best match ups of the year.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-24-18, 07:08 AM
4TimeFunk 4TimeFunk is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-14-16
Posts: 244
4TimeFunk is on a distinguished road
Next year (or until flo gets involved lol) someone should be appointed to take a snapshot of the bout sheets after every round. Pretty simple and cost effective in the mean time. I agree, one of the few times of the year high profile athletes go after each other should have coverage!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-24-18, 07:32 AM
darthmalice darthmalice is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,351
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TimeFunk View Post
Next year (or until flo gets involved lol) someone should be appointed to take a snapshot of the bout sheets after every round. Pretty simple and cost effective in the mean time. I agree, one of the few times of the year high profile athletes go after each other should have coverage!
I appoint dman.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-24-18, 08:30 AM
TakedownFor2 TakedownFor2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-07-10
Posts: 873
TakedownFor2 is on a distinguished road
Saw some great matches.

Two Results I know/saw: J. Sanchez over Hepner, Farouq Muhammed over Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-24-18, 09:00 AM
chinwhip chinwhip is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-11
Location: Panther town
Posts: 846
chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Refs 1 wrestlers 0
Decaturs murdered everyone
Carmany over Shore
Andonian over Voinovich
Good matches everywhere
Hubbard pinned Crace

Last edited by chinwhip; 04-24-18 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Forgot 1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-24-18, 09:19 AM
TakedownFor2 TakedownFor2 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-07-10
Posts: 873
TakedownFor2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
Refs 1 wrestlers 0
Decaturs murdered everyone
Carmany over Shore
Andonian over Voinovich
Good matches everywhere
Hubbard pinned Crace
Haha, why did the refs outscore the wrestlers?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-24-18, 10:17 AM
chinwhip chinwhip is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-11
Location: Panther town
Posts: 846
chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakedownFor2 View Post
Haha, why did the refs outscore the wrestlers?
I donít want to be that guy lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-24-18, 10:53 AM
chidy chidy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-31-05
Posts: 902
chidy is on a distinguished road
Zeb Miller filmed it last year but no one called him to do it this year according to one of his comments on a FB post on a video from last year.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-24-18, 10:56 AM
MPhillips MPhillips is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-07-10
Location: Maggies Farm
Posts: 2,978
MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
I donít want to be that guy lol
Too late.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-24-18, 11:12 AM
chinwhip chinwhip is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-11
Location: Panther town
Posts: 846
chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidy View Post
Zeb Miller filmed it last year but no one called him to do it this year according to one of his comments on a FB post on a video from last year.
They came to Boardman 2 years ago also
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-24-18, 12:40 PM
TheStuff142 TheStuff142 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-03-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 769
TheStuff142
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakedownFor2 View Post
Haha, why did the refs outscore the wrestlers?
He must have been on the train wreck of officiating on Mat 4 all day.

Great competition for kids. Great location.

Honor Weigh Ins?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-24-18, 12:58 PM
chinwhip chinwhip is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-11
Location: Panther town
Posts: 846
chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStuff142 View Post
He must have been on the train wreck of officiating on Mat 4 all day.

Great competition for kids. Great location.

Honor Weigh Ins?
Our team never actually wrestled on mat 4 but I was sitting with a buddy there a lot and it was insane. Their duals took twice as long as every other mat
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-24-18, 02:24 PM
Moore75 Moore75 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-03-13
Posts: 55
Moore75 is on a distinguished road
I saw it with my own eyes the head official was working the foxfire and seasons coaches over. Even when he was in the chair he was over ruling the official on the mat to where she was showing some frustration with him. One funny moment was when the coach asked the table if the score was correct and he said (ref) " sir sit down" (coach)my name's bobby. He was mildly abrasive to the coaches.lol... Ok i went there.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-24-18, 03:33 PM
chinwhip chinwhip is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-11
Location: Panther town
Posts: 846
chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Our coach got scolded in round 7 for standing up to approach the table and was told to sit down also �� lol
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-24-18, 04:28 PM
eliwes eliwes is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 1,831
eliwes is on a distinguished road
Andonian tf over Voinavich
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-25-18, 05:35 AM
Goalsetting Goalsetting is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-11-17
Posts: 50
Goalsetting is on a distinguished road
Not really a fan of events that allow Honor weigh ins but some of the smaller guys were some bad fellas! The talent was unbelievable! Great Day of wrestling
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-25-18, 05:50 AM
roughedge roughedge is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-09-14
Posts: 684
roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalsetting View Post
Not really a fan of events that allow Honor weigh ins but some of the smaller guys were some bad fellas! The talent was unbelievable! Great Day of wrestling
Where did they have honor weigh ins. I know most kids weighed in at Delta the day before
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-25-18, 06:06 AM
asylum55 asylum55 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-06-12
Posts: 100
asylum55 is on a distinguished road
St. Ed’s packed up and left early. Not sure why. It would have been nice to have that extra match after driving 3.5 hours to watch our team wrestle. We did get to see some really good matches
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-25-18, 06:27 AM
Goalsetting Goalsetting is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-11-17
Posts: 50
Goalsetting is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Where did they have honor weigh ins. I know most kids weighed in at Delta the day before
A few kids said their teams called their weights in. Still saw some great wrestling!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-25-18, 06:36 AM
TheStuff142 TheStuff142 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-03-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 769
TheStuff142
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Where did they have honor weigh ins. I know most kids weighed in at Delta the day before
Weigh ins from Delta counted as did the weigh in from TOC. I would not say that MOST kids weighed in at Delta. USA club coaches were allowed to weigh their kids in that wrestled at neither of those events.

Last edited by TheStuff142; 04-25-18 at 07:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-25-18, 07:18 AM
Coach JDean Coach JDean is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-15-13
Posts: 206
Coach JDean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum55 View Post
St. Edís packed up and left early. Not sure why. It would have been nice to have that extra match after driving 3.5 hours to watch our team wrestle. We did get to see some really good matches
There were many great matches and lots of AWESOME competition. One parent said to me that he must have his kid in the right spot because when you look around, all you see are great Coaches, Teams, and State Champs/Placers everywhere. I can see why St. Eds might have left early. In Pool A (upper level) each team had 6 matches and it was getting late (6:30ish) and if you include another 3-4 hour drive on a school night, plus most kids, at least many on my team were worn out and ready to go after the fifth match. I had one kid get 6 matches against all State Qualifiers/Placers and in one day against that level of competition will really wear on you. Maybe start on a Saturday and make it a two day event? Just wrestle 3 duals each day. That way you are only in the gym for a couple hours each day and can get home at a decent hour on Sunday or even start on Friday night and wrestle 2 on Friday and 4 on Saturday? Just some suggestions, but I guess the biggest hurdle might be gym availability and cost. Overall, great job by those who helped to pull this off.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-25-18, 08:45 AM
dman dman is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-15-04
Location: Boardman
Posts: 716
dman is on a distinguished road
We will get this right going forward, if it is going to be one of our marquee events we need to make it that way. I can tell you one thing that i'm going to make sure doesn't happen is an odd number of teams - the whole idea is go from mat to mat and get 5-6 solid matches in the day - no breaks or bye rounds. We should have it live on flo - need to get a sponsor to pay for it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-25-18, 09:04 AM
asylum55 asylum55 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-06-12
Posts: 100
asylum55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach JDean View Post
There were many great matches and lots of AWESOME competition. One parent said to me that he must have his kid in the right spot because when you look around, all you see are great Coaches, Teams, and State Champs/Placers everywhere. I can see why St. Eds might have left early. In Pool A (upper level) each team had 6 matches and it was getting late (6:30ish) and if you include another 3-4 hour drive on a school night, plus most kids, at least many on my team were worn out and ready to go after the fifth match. I had one kid get 6 matches against all State Qualifiers/Placers and in one day against that level of competition will really wear on you. Maybe start on a Saturday and make it a two day event? Just wrestle 3 duals each day. That way you are only in the gym for a couple hours each day and can get home at a decent hour on Sunday or even start on Friday night and wrestle 2 on Friday and 4 on Saturday? Just some suggestions, but I guess the biggest hurdle might be gym availability and cost. Overall, great job by those who helped to pull this off.
Each team in the upper bracket didnít get 6 matches. Our team only got 5 because St Edís left. They also only had 5.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-25-18, 09:08 AM
asylum55 asylum55 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-06-12
Posts: 100
asylum55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
We will get this right going forward, if it is going to be one of our marquee events we need to make it that way. I can tell you one thing that i'm going to make sure doesn't happen is an odd number of teams - the whole idea is go from mat to mat and get 5-6 solid matches in the day - no breaks or bye rounds. We should have it live on flo - need to get a sponsor to pay for it.
Overall it was a great time! Tons of talent and great matches.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-25-18, 01:38 PM
Elkbuilder Elkbuilder is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-30-14
Posts: 21
Elkbuilder is on a distinguished road
Great Event with some awesome matches!! I hear that they make it a two day event with an team event on Saturday and then individual event on Sunday.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-27-18, 10:30 AM
another old coach another old coach is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-17-16
Posts: 7
another old coach is on a distinguished road
Here's what I have:

UPPER POOL
PLACEMENT Record
SEASONS(1) 1ST 6-0
FOXFIRE 2ND 4-2
GREEN MACHINE 3RD 3-3
LIGHTNING 4TH 3-3
PRODIGY 5TH 2-4
SEASONS (2) 6TH 2-4
ST EDWARD 7TH 1-5

LOWER POOL
PLACEMENT Record
SAMURAI 1ST (HEAD TO HEAD) 4-1
BTW 2ND (HEAD TO HEAD) 4-1
LEGACY 3RD 3-2
CORNHUSKERS 4TH 2-3
CATALYST 5TH 2-3
FALLS 6TH 0-5
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D-1 state tournament retrospective McClearn7 Wrestling 13 10-04-18 09:30 AM
D-3 State Tournament Retrospective McClearn7 Wrestling 2 05-01-18 09:25 AM
D-2 state tournament retrospective McClearn7 Wrestling 4 04-07-18 02:13 PM
Brakeman rjewards Wrestling 6 03-05-18 05:52 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz