Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #151  
Old 08-12-17, 08:14 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 16,183
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
You do understand that attempting to control the supply is NOT the same as dictating price don't you?
No connection between supply and price. Gotcha.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 08-12-17, 08:39 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Ft. Sumpter, Charleston
Posts: 1,509
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by domi View Post
Yes, yes, and more yes.

I can't find the article I read but a company figured out a way to take used fuel rods and process them again through a specific type of reactor and render them almost inert. Until then bury the things in the mountain.

If that doesn't work at least spread the research dollars between green and fission and fusion.
This may not be the technology you were talking about, but it is one I did not know was being used. Both pros and cons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reprocessing
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 08-13-17, 10:37 AM
Hammerdrill Hammerdrill is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-28-13
Posts: 743
Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
No connection between supply and price. Gotcha.
Do you know what a straw man argument is?
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 08-13-17, 11:21 AM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 16,183
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Do you know what a straw man argument is?
Um yeah. But you can just google it.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 08-13-17, 03:37 PM
Hammerdrill Hammerdrill is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-28-13
Posts: 743
Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Um yeah. But you can just google it.
I'm guessing you don't. Unless of course you intended to use one for some odd reason.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 08-13-17, 05:27 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 16,183
eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
I'm guessing you don't. Unless of course you intended to use one for some odd reason.
Usually if someone is going to challenge a logic, they do it logically. An accusation of "strawman" would include both a description of both the debate topic as well as the alternative presented in its place.

I responded to the circular definition being used by another poster using that poster's own words as argument. Doesn't seem like I changed their thesis in the least.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 08-13-17, 06:53 PM
Hammerdrill Hammerdrill is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-28-13
Posts: 743
Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Usually if someone is going to challenge a logic, they do it logically. An accusation of "strawman" would include both a description of both the debate topic as well as the alternative presented in its place.

I responded to the circular definition being used by another poster using that poster's own words as argument. Doesn't seem like I changed their thesis in the least.
Wrong, you framed his argument to say something he did not say.

Last edited by Hammerdrill; 08-14-17 at 06:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz