Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-24-17, 03:57 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
I always liked Kyrie BUT...

1) Injury prone. Barely played one season in college and frankly last year was probably his healthiest in 6 years.

2) Literally zero defense.

3) Take him over LeBron? You would have to be crazy. I know LBJ will be in his 15th season and will be 33 early in the season. I remember his first season back in CLE some were saying LeBron's best days were behind him. LeBron needs his mins decreased. Look at the team's W-L records and point diff with LeBron and Kyrie.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-17, 07:49 AM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
True. In Cleveland's defense, if Kyrie is jealous of Wall & Lillard after 3 straight trips to the finals, a title that he sealed with one of the NBA's all-time shots, and the opportunity to play alongside one of the 5 greatest players ever, then that probably doesn't speak too highly of him.

There's a chance this ends up being more similar to Marbury ditching Garnett than Kobe ditching Shaq.
I agree ... this is not really a surprise, he has always be selfish, you just ignore it because he is good and on your team ... much like Cleveland fans ignored Albert Belle's problems until he left.
Old 07-24-17, 08:12 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Some people are pretty gullible. They buy what media personalities are saying when they only say it out of hack journalism to gin up a heel or to suck up to players and get closer for exclusive info. The guy has been the best owner in Cleveland sports in some time.

The fragile Kyrie is pretty likely to turn into DRose 2.0 if he is the focus on any team. The Answer, Part II, is the best case scenario. It will be a 2nd round exit team, most likely.
Which isn't saying much, at all. He's an awful owner. That, as it stands now, has nothing to do with Kyrie. But he's still a terrible owner. He just got lucky LeBron was born close to Cleveland.

What a terrible comparison. Rose relied 95% on his athleticism.
Old 07-24-17, 08:14 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Why? To go to a team that has no chance of making the Finals? Sounds logical to me. But Kyrie will be the man, so congrats.
He is 25 and already has a ring. Yeah, how dumb for him to want to go out and try to prove he can lead a team on his own. I don't agree with it. He will have that chance likely in a couple years. But at a 25 year old male who is hyper competitive tends to think a little highly of himself.
Old 07-24-17, 08:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
IMO, probably about the best they could hope for that would actually help the team both win now and build going ahead would be if the Wolves were willing to send Wiggins back to Cleveland. Wiggins, Gorgui Dieng (rim protection) and Jeff Teague (not movable until December I believe) for Irving straight up if the money is close enough.

All three of those guys would be starters in Cleveland and would bring J.R. and Tristan off the bench.
Those three combined make ~$41 million next year so the Cavs would be able to dump say Tristan Thompson and Channing Frye or JR and Shumpert. That's a solid trade.
Old 07-24-17, 10:20 AM
All Yappi

McK93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Wonder how many people had their Kyrie jerseys on in Cleveland today??
This is why i rock a Mark Price jersey. Never again will I buy a current player's jersey even if it's on sale.
Old 07-24-17, 03:00 PM
All American

^ Might be the dumbest statement in this thread, which is pretty impressive.
Old 07-24-17, 03:33 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Those three combined make ~$41 million next year so the Cavs would be able to dump say Tristan Thompson and Channing Frye or JR and Shumpert. That's a solid trade.
Good catch. I thought Dieng was still on his first deal and hadn't received a huge pay bump yet. If you could dump any two of those four contracts that's a pretty solid deal.
Old 07-24-17, 05:57 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
!

Self-empowerment era! LeBron's impact and legacy It's all his fault a victim of what he started!
Old 07-25-17, 05:59 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Good catch. I thought Dieng was still on his first deal and hadn't received a huge pay bump yet. If you could dump any two of those four contracts that's a pretty solid deal.
Agreed. If I'm the Cavs I'm not sure which I'd rather get rid of. Frye is off the books after this year either way but Thompson put up little production and is paid the most out of the 4. JR has always been wildly inconsistent and Shump still shows up on defense. After typing this post I'd probably prefer to offload TT+Frye.
Old 07-25-17, 07:35 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I don't see the Cavs ever getting much of anything for JR. His huge contract, inconsistent play, and his propensity to be a complete knucklehead without strong leaders around him, makes teams run the other way.
Old 07-25-17, 08:16 AM
All American

Agreed completely, that's why the discussion is about unloading his contract with Kyrie.
Old 07-25-17, 08:59 AM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
They'd have to wait until December on the Minnesota one, but which of these trades work cap wise. Which do Cavs fans like better?

Cleveland gets: Andrew Wiggins & Jeff Teague
Minnesota gets: Kyrie Irving & Iman Shumpert

or

Cleveland gets: Devin Booker, Josh Jackson, Jared Dudley
Phoenix gets: Kyrie Irving
Old 07-25-17, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Phoenix is not giving up Booker and Jackson. Cleveland would need to throw a sweet deal out just to get one of those guys with Bledsoe.
Old 07-25-17, 09:35 AM
All World

Maybe, maybe not. Just asking which people would prefer.
Old 07-25-17, 09:36 AM
All American

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-cle...-josh-jackson/

Bledsoe + Jackson + Pick for Kyrie. No idea how credible this is though. But I'd definitely take Wiggins and Teague over Booker, Jackson and Dudley.
Old 07-25-17, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

I'd rather have Wiggins and Teague than either of those theoretical Phoenix packages.

I'm not sure how others feel, but I don't want Eric Bledsoe. On average he's missed about 23 games a year throughout his career. It seems like he misses extensive time every other year.
Old 07-25-17, 10:14 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Really, Taco? Booker will be the best scorer by far IMO. Jackson's game seems pretty similar to Wiggins to me, although obviously he is younger and will take a couple years to get where Wiggins is now.
Old 07-25-17, 12:17 PM
All American

That's if I'm the Cavs FO right now I would definitely take Wiggins and Teague over those three. I think those two give the Cavs a better chance to compete now + build for the future whereas the Phoenix package is more building for the future. Outside scoring I'm not a big fan of Booker. I think he'll be an amazing off the bench type guy.
Old 07-25-17, 12:55 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
One trade I saw floated out there was a 3-team deal between the Cavs-Knicks-Suns.

Cavs get - Bledsoe and Melo
Suns get - Love and Ntilikina
Knicks get - Kyrie and Tyson Chandler
Plus a few draft picks exchange hands as well.
Old 07-25-17, 01:09 PM
All World

That would be an awful deal for the Cavs. Give up Kyrie & Love to get Bledsoe & Melo?
Old 07-25-17, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

Depends entirely on draft selections, IMO. Would need a couple first rounders in the next two drafts to possibly justify that.

Last edited by nwwarrior09; 07-25-17 at 05:43 PM..
Old 07-25-17, 05:49 PM
All Yappi

Theoretical:

Cavs get - Simmons/Fultz, Okafor and Redick

Sixers get - Kyrie and Thompson

That would be another trade that couldn't be pulled until part way into the season. Two rookie-scale deals and a large expiring contract while also off-loading Thompson's contract. Okafor and Redick add low-post scoring and perimeter shooting. Possible future star with Simmons/Fultz.

Sixers get a legit star to add to their young core of Simmons/Fultz, Embiid and Saric. They're way under the cap, and can absorb a solid role player like Thompson that has a huge deal for a few years.
Old 07-25-17, 07:30 PM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
No way the Sixers do that.
Old 07-25-17, 08:04 PM
All World

Yeah, if they got Fultz or Simmons that would be an incredible feat.
Old 07-25-17, 08:58 PM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
I still say to tell Kyrie to suck it up and play one last year. The ride for the Cavs ends after that no matter how many draft picks they get. They will never have the best player in the league playing for them again anytime in the near future.
Old 07-25-17, 09:58 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
I still say to tell Kyrie to suck it up and play one last year. The ride for the Cavs ends after that no matter how many draft picks they get. They will never have the best player in the league playing for them again anytime in the near future.
I think you're wrong. LeBron has many more good years left.
Old 07-25-17, 10:14 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Question is will he be in CLE? I agree he takes good care of his body. He probably will need a reduction in minutes as he ages.
Old 07-26-17, 12:06 AM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
With the way this offseason has gone, I don't see him in a Cavs uniform after next June. Even with him here, I'm not sure he'll be the top player anymore. Other players are nipping at his heels for that title.
Old 07-26-17, 04:28 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
The only thing LeBron has ever officially said is that he wants to retire in Cleveland. We all ignore that when some talking head starts click-mining. Now, maybe that doesn't have to mean continuous service, but some say LeBron staying is why Kyrie wants out.

Chauncey's comments were interesting - https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/25/1...-cavaliers-nba

Quote:
.....Billups called Irving’s mindset “alarming” and indicated that it was a factor into why he didn’t take the Cleveland job.

“(The trade request) didn't surprise me,” Billups said. “I knew as (the Cavs) were doing their due diligence on me I was doing the same thing on them. I knew so much about the situation that the rest of the world doesn't know. But it's unfortunate, man, because he's a special talent. So much of what he's been able to accomplish on and off the floor has been as the beneficiary of LeBron James. That would be alarming to me if I was a team looking to get him.”

Irving met with the Cavaliers two weeks ago and requested a trade, something that was reported last Friday. It appears that Cleveland will honor his request, actively searching the market for teams who are interested in the point guard. However, Billups was surprised by Irving’s desire to leave Cleveland.

“You're getting everything you want," Billups said. "You're getting all the shots you want, you're playing for a great coach, when the game is on the line they're coming to you, you're playing on national TV every week. To me, I don't get it. Everybody has their own desires. Maybe he wants to be Russell Westbrook and go try to win the MVP and get all the shots. That's the only thing sense I can make of it and to me that doesn't make sense.”