Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-22-17, 05:12 PM
Varsity

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
2017 CCC (Cross County Conference)

With the addition of Tri-Village and Ft. Loramie the CCC will have a new landscape. TCN has a new coach in Eric Wright and Arcanum went back into the well and grabbed an old coach Jason Schondelmyer while Tri-Village selected Robert Burke. As for the rest of the conference I've not heard of any other hires. As for the top teams in the conference I would say in no order should be Covington, Miami East, TCN, Arcanum and Ft. Loramie. With the new Regions set in place it will be hard to make the playoffs with a 8-2 record in D6. But 5-5 could make it in D7 and 6-4 for D5. I see FL getting in the playoffs as they are D7 and depending on how the OOC games go only 1 maybe 2 make it in D6. So if one team runs the table and another only has 1 loss they could both go. Lets hope the CCC dominates week 1 and gets teams in and the MAC out.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-17, 10:27 AM
All Region

Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
That region 24 is going to be a nightmare to make it out of. That might be the toughest region hands down from d5 on down. Plus, it will probably be tough just to make it in.
Old 07-03-17, 05:04 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
In region 24, I only see Covington making it in. Time will tell with Arcanum. I'm not familiar with what they return. Miami East going 8-2/ 7-3 might be enough to make it in 5 but they might be on the road. TCN always seems to be in the mix. As for d7 Fort Loramie, if they go 6-4, should make it in.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 07-03-17 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-03-17, 06:56 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
I think Miami East will have to finish 10-0 or 9-1 to make it in D5. West Jeff, Milton, Carlisle, Greeneview and Madison will gain more points in league play than East will. Adding FL might help. Doubtful Tri Village will help right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-17, 07:51 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Heard East will have around 50 kids in the entire program. How do the other teams stack up in numbers?
Old 07-03-17, 07:54 PM
All Yappi

2017 CCC (Cross County Conference)

Milton typically has about 60-65. That's freshman through Seniors
I still feel that adding Milton and maybe Brookville to the CCC would be a good move. Covington, Ft Loramie, Miami East would all be very tough games for MU and Brookville. But now that won't happen. Adding FL and Tri Village was a good move. The CCC seems to be getting better and better each year. Tri County North is tough here and there too

Last edited by BlessEmAll; 07-04-17 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-04-17, 12:09 PM
All Region

Adding Fort Loramie was an excellent move. Was that in all sports or just football?
Old 07-04-17, 02:24 PM
All District

Bengal WhoDey is on a distinguished road
FL was added just in football. No way they would leave the SCAL for the CCC in other sports.
Old 07-04-17, 03:09 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
Adding Fort Loramie was an excellent move. Was that in all sports or just football?
I know this will cause a mild uproar but I believe it would be a good move for New Bremen to go the CCC. They would be much more competitive esp. in football. Plus it would do away with that awful rotating schedule that the MAC has in football where not every team plays each other.
Old 07-04-17, 05:28 PM
All Yappi

I totally agree with you stirred. That would open the door for??? New Bremen would fit well.

Old 07-04-17, 05:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I totally agree with you stirred. That would open the door for??? New Bremen would fit well.

If you are referring to who this would open the door for in the MAC, I would leave it at 9 teams for football. As for the CCC I think New Bremen would be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the league in 2 or 3 years.
Old 07-04-17, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

I think you're right but Covington, Ft Loramie and Miami East are pretty tough. Good coaching resides there too. Sounds like a good fit

Old 07-04-17, 06:21 PM
Junior Varsity

Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
If you are referring to who this would open the door for in the MAC, I would leave it at 9 teams for football. As for the CCC I think New Bremen would be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the league in 2 or 3 years.

Have you watched Bremen play recently? Reading these posts everyone has Ansonia very low in the standings. We scrimmaged them last year. They never scored and if it wouldn't have been for the 10 plays in a row they wouldn't have crossed the 50.

Ansonia will be much better this year than in recent years. They graduated 1 senior last year. This year we will have 10 with 4 years experience. The line will be large with 2 senior boys close to 300#. Only question will be who is under center? Last years QB is out for the year.
Old 07-04-17, 07:12 PM
All American

Yes I have seen New Bremen play every year and their struggles have to do with getting beat up in the MAC every year. I believe to get their program turned around they need to join a conference like the CCC, one of their wins last year was against Bradford who I believe is rejoining the CCC in football this year. I also do not put much stock in scrimmages, Marion Local rarely looks dominating in scrimmages but regular season is another story. Plus New Bremen has done something no CCC team has done this century beating Marion Local twice in that time period so the capability is their they just need an easier conference to get things turned around.
Old 07-05-17, 08:28 AM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Plus it would do away with that awful rotating schedule that the MAC has in football where not every team plays each other.
If by 'awful' you mean the rotating schedule that helps get more teams in the playoffs I certainly don't agree. The CCC recently went to this set-up because it works.

Plus, going to a nine-team league would make for late-year bye weeks which would be very tough to fill with out-of-conference opponents.
Old 07-05-17, 03:53 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know this will cause a mild uproar but I believe it would be a good move for New Bremen to go the CCC. They would be much more competitive esp. in football. Plus it would do away with that awful rotating schedule that the MAC has in football where not every team plays each other.
I don't mind the rotating schedule. Isn't the CCC doing the same thing now? Coldwater shouldn't be playing New Bremen plus it gives us the opportunity to put Clinton-Massie on the schedule for big points should we pull out a win there. As for Bremen, I'll think a little bit out of the box for this one. Why not merge New Knoxville into New Bremen?
Old 07-05-17, 04:34 PM
Varsity

TCN should have 50+ kids this year with a big and talented freshman class (eligibility is another issue). They have a new coach and I see them doing major damage in the CCC. I just wish they could've made it down to D7 as I feel they would have a serious shot at state as for Cov and ME. Had one of those teams slipped down they would probably be the favorite for the #1 seed in D7 R28.
Old 07-05-17, 07:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
If by 'awful' you mean the rotating schedule that helps get more teams in the playoffs I certainly don't agree. The CCC recently went to this set-up because it works.

Plus, going to a nine-team league would make for late-year bye weeks which would be very tough to fill with out-of-conference opponents.
This is a CCC thread so I don't want to hijack the thread and turn it into something else. I will explain my reasons why I do not like the rotating schedule on the the MAC thread. As for a 9 team league I do not want it but if New Bremen were to leave ( their not going anywhere ) I can not see any team in the area replacing them.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 07-05-17 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-06-17, 08:41 AM
All Region

Baseballfan20 is on a distinguished road
I see the CCC only getting 3 teams at most into the playoffs this year. D6 is a beast and will probably only have 1 CCC team in the mix, Covington Arcanum, or TCN. East with a good year should make it in D5. Same with FL in D7.
Old 07-08-17, 01:22 PM
All Region

I think that the new additions are only going to make the CCC better. Whether or not New Bremen would fit well, that's hard to say. Just because a town is down in one sport doesn't mean that they're down in all sports.

Most of the same MAC posters were saying the exact same thing about Ft. Recovery just a few years ago, and look what happened. It took just one winning season to get the kids excited and wanting to play. I personally loved watching it happen.

It sounds as though Ansonia has the opportunity to do the same type of thing this year. Best of luck to the Tigers!
Old 07-08-17, 11:36 PM
Varsity

Arcanum, Bethel and Ansonia could be sleeper picks this year. I really think Arcanum will up and shock a few teams this year with their old coach back in the fold. TVS MV NT and Bradford will be bad as usual as Tri Village could get some wins if they can get the numbers.
Old 07-09-17, 08:47 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
As for Bremen, I'll think a little bit out of the box for this one. Why not merge New Knoxville into New Bremen?
Lol. New Broxville, or New knoxmen?

The CCC will be just fine. Leave New Bremen where it is. That's funny, though.
Old 07-10-17, 02:34 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post

He wants to poo poo the system never mind the most accomplished league in the state went on an even more unprecedented run since the change was put into place. It was a genius move which most will agree. But then again, we have people who still believe the earth is flat....
Old 07-10-17, 02:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
He wants to poo poo the system never mind the most accomplished league in the state went on an even more unprecedented run since the change was put into place. It was a genius move which most will agree. But then again, we have people who still believe the earth is flat....
Before rotating schedule DSJ, Versailles, Coldwater, ML, SH, Minster had won state titles after rotating schedule ML, Coldwater, DSJ, Minster, FR have won state titles. I think success on the field has a lot more to do with coaching than rotating schedule. However once again my complaint with rotating schedule is scheduling just ask ML AD Dan Koenig. Plus 7 divisions IMO has made the rotating schedule obsolete. Also the rotating schedule was implemented to help a few teams who were not competing well in the MAC at the time not to get more teams in the play-offs that was a by-product of the system. Yes the earth is flat in MAC-land.
Old 07-10-17, 06:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
. Also the rotating schedule was implemented to help a few teams who were not competing well in the MAC at the time not to get more teams in the play-offs that was a by-product of the system.
I don't know if I agree totally with that, Stirred. After 2007, the MAC wanted more points to come into the league. Having a 10-0 and a 9-1 as your only teams that made it in, the AD's clearly wanted more points. And I agree with the post that it has pretty much been a success. But the MAC usually wins more ooc games than it loses as a league, typically. The secret is you have to schedule teams that can bring those points in. You guys (Marion Local) are struggling with scheduling your second game because no one wants to play you, which I think is rubbish. Why do these teams even play the sport, then?

What is unclear is to see if the CCC will be able to accomplish that as a league. They have to win more ooc games than they lose or will backfire. You will have several CCC teams that will do that, but clearly not everyone and maybe not even the majority.

Hypothetically, say Covington (typically a powerhouse in the CCC) would lose to St. Henry in week 1, then they go on and lose to Minster in week 2. Then they just killed their chance to bring points into the league. Now if they win those 2 games, then great! It was a success for them. Even losing 1, they're better off playing in their league.

I just don't see the majority of CCC teams winning unless they're absolutely playing nobody. And even at that, it won't bring many points in because its likely that a lot of those teams won't win, which does you no good. I wish you guys luck for the most part, though. Sorry Buccs, I've got to stick with my league foes.
Old 07-10-17, 06:53 PM
All American

Bigbuccfan is on a distinguished road
Here is one realistic problem for the CCC going to this type of schedule.

If Covington is good enough to win against St Henry and Minster as their out of conference games....no one in the CCC will benefit points wise from it as the Buccs will roll through the rest of the conference. If Covington loses to one or the other or both then the rest of the conference has a chance at beating the Buccs, but they won't get the out of conference points from the Buccs as they will have lost their OOC games.

I think the team everyone seems to be sleeping on for a CCC championship is Fort Loramie. I think they can be in the mix from #1 to #3 this season alone. They will be very competitive in the CCC and this was a good move for their program and the conference long term.

I agree with Cavman96....as most years the CCC is lucky to go 50% in out of conference games. Doubling up on OOC games will likely not yield immediate benefits for the CCC teams.

Don't get me wrong though...in the long run I think it will be better as the competition will get better if the athletic directors want it to. Covington may not beat St Henry and Minster every year and adding Fort Loramie may stop the 10-0 years, but in the long run having these better teams on the schedule will make the Buccs more competitive come playoff time against MAC teams.
Old 07-10-17, 09:15 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Before rotating schedule DSJ, Versailles, Coldwater, ML, SH, Minster had won state titles after rotating schedule ML, Coldwater, DSJ, Minster, FR have won state titles. I think success on the field has a lot more to do with coaching than rotating schedule. However once again my complaint with rotating schedule is scheduling just ask ML AD Dan Koenig. Plus 7 divisions IMO has made the rotating schedule obsolete. Also the rotating schedule was implemented to help a few teams who were not competing well in the MAC at the time not to get more teams in the play-offs that was a by-product of the system. Yes the earth is flat in MAC-land.
Apple's to mangos......its only been a short time since the rotationg has been implemented and the league has seen unprecedented success I that short time. Minster got thier firstsince 89, fort first ever. Mail has troubles, as did st Henry and coldwater and dsj before the rotating in scneduling, it is okay to admit you are wrong, for the MAC who has an amazing OOC record to get 2 instead of 1 OOC is nothing but a positive in getting as many possible into the playoffs. It gives them more control over their program than just 1
Old 07-11-17, 09:37 AM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuccfan View Post
Here is one realistic problem for the CCC going to this type of schedule.

If Covington is good enough to win against St Henry and Minster as their out of conference games....no one in the CCC will benefit points wise from it as the Buccs will roll through the rest of the conference. If Covington loses to one or the other or both then the rest of the conference has a chance at beating the Buccs, but they won't get the out of conference points from the Buccs as they will have lost their OOC games.

I think the team everyone seems to be sleeping on for a CCC championship is Fort Loramie. I think they can be in the mix from #1 to #3 this season alone. They will be very competitive in the CCC and this was a good move for their program and the conference long term.

I agree with Cavman96....as most years the CCC is lucky to go 50% in out of conference games. Doubling up on OOC games will likely not yield immediate benefits for the CCC teams.

Don't get me wrong though...in the long run I think it will be better as the competition will get better if the athletic directors want it to. Covington may not beat St Henry and Minster every year and adding Fort Loramie may stop the 10-0 years, but in the long run having these better teams on the schedule will make the Buccs more competitive come playoff time against MAC teams.
good post.... Also how are the Buccs going to be this year...

Also, Fort Loramie will be pretty good this year....
Old 07-11-17, 10:46 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Apple's to mangos......its only been a short time since the rotationg has been implemented and the league has seen unprecedented success I that short time. Minster got thier firstsince 89, fort first ever. Mail has troubles, as did st Henry and coldwater and dsj before the rotating in scneduling, it is okay to admit you are wrong, for the MAC who has an amazing OOC record to get 2 instead of 1 OOC is nothing but a positive in getting as many possible into the playoffs. It gives them more control over their program than just 1
In 2006 and 2007 when the MAC played a full 9 game league schedule the MAC won 4 State championships with 3 different teams: St. Henry ( their last state title), Coldwater and ML ( twice ) not to shabby. Minster finished 3rd in their region in 2014 ( D-6 ), as did FR in 2015 ( d-7), both won state titles those seasons and I believe ( might be wrong ) they would have still qualified for the play-offs with a full MAC schedule. However I think they benefited much more with 7 divisions than rotating schedule as neither team had to face Marion in the play-offs those seasons, with 6 divisions they would have had to. Also Minster's success has a lot more to do with the hiring of Nate Moore than followed by Stokes than rotating schedule. Why is it ML ( one of the smaller schools in the MAC ) had no trouble making the play-offs even when they were in D-5 with or with out rotating schedule ? Answer coaching want to make the play-offs and win state titles hire a good coach. I think the scheduling head aches plus the fact that rivalry games are interrupted because of rotating schedule is worse than a 6-4, 5-5, or a 4-6 team not making the play-offs. Does that make me wrong maybe, I think I just have a different view point on rotating schedule than others. Sorry that your having trouble with your mail.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 07-11-17 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-26-17, 12:10 PM
Varsity

After looking in on TCN they look as if they will be lacking on skill players. Not that they don't have anybody just they don't have experienced enough players to determine who will rise to the top. It could be a rough start of the year but they could get good fast. Things would have to go their way to win the CCC or get in the playoffs but just don't count them out. They should get at least 6 wins.