Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-17, 12:25 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quad Scrim at Edgewood

Uh some notes from the scrimmage.Uh although Edgewood and Massie tied at 2 each, Clinton-Massie was the best team there. The big linebacker from Massie was also the best player on the field and it wasn't even close.Milford is much improved and was probably no 2 team there, although Massie scored on the 3 first plays against Milford. After Milford got killed against Massie they seemed to get their legs under them and beat the other 3 teams.Sidney pretty much just threw the ball deep on 40% of their plays and hoped. The big RB from Sidney did not play for some reason. Sidney QB is a great athlete, but he pretty much all they have.Edgewood looked slow and QB play was really shakey.Nobody actually drove the ball for a score.Broken plays and long passes were pretty much the offenses of the day. Don't like the 10 play format. Everybody throws deep balls much more than in the regular season because you don't have to worry about getting a first down. I know it was just a scrimmage but Edgewood has a long way to go and not much time to get there. Couldn't run the ball at all.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-12-17, 03:07 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh some notes from the scrimmage.Uh although Edgewood and Massie tied at 2 each, Clinton-Massie was the best team there. The big linebacker from Massie was also the best player on the field and it wasn't even close.Milford is much improved and was probably no 2 team there, although Massie scored on the 3 first plays against Milford. After Milford got killed against Massie they seemed to get their legs under them and beat the other 3 teams.Sidney pretty much just threw the ball deep on 40% of their plays and hoped. The big RB from Sidney did not play for some reason. Sidney QB is a great athlete, but he pretty much all they have.Edgewood looked slow and QB play was really shakey.Nobody actually drove the ball for a score.Broken plays and long passes were pretty much the offenses of the day. Don't like the 10 play format. Everybody throws deep balls much more than in the regular season because you don't have to worry about getting a first down. I know it was just a scrimmage but Edgewood has a long way to go and not much time to get there. Couldn't run the ball at all.
Uh, I know Cin Wyoming is getting a lot of press in D4 in SW Ohio, but it is hard to believe they could be as good as Clinton-Massie. Big, tall, and fast kids who are very aggressive off the ball. I see a lot of running clocks when Massie plays the schools in their league. 10-0 in 2017
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-17, 06:03 PM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: The Hive
Posts: 30,064
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Sidney did a lot of mixing and matching. Starters rarely played more than a few plays in a row. Only one team scored on their 1st team defense. Probably could have scored more but blew the whistle early to protect Gordon. Bowser did not play. In the end, this was just a scrimmage to get out and hit someone not wearing the same jersey. Get a few reps in and get home healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-17, 08:14 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Sidney did a lot of mixing and matching. Starters rarely played more than a few plays in a row. Only one team scored on their 1st team defense. Probably could have scored more but blew the whistle early to protect Gordon. Bowser did not play. In the end, this was just a scrimmage to get out and hit someone not wearing the same jersey. Get a few reps in and get home healthy.
Uh, not, every team scored and scored often on Sidney. QB is really good, but there was no organized offense. Sidney threw the ball up for grabs on probably half their plays.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-17, 09:53 PM
triple option triple option is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 81
triple option is on a distinguished road
Good turn out today, lots of fans and schools scouting. Hoser, i read on a site Edgewood returned 9 starters on defense and 0 on offense is that right? Sydney's qb seemed like the real deal, blowing the whistle early kinda sucked tho. Milfords qb wasnt half bad either stood tall in the pocket and slung it. As for Massie, these 3 teams i believe is a better gauge of where they are...some reps and tweeking and i think they will make a run barring any injurys. The MLB is a beast looking for a big year from him, held that position since he was a freshman. They had another captain on the sideline who is another big time player on defense nursing a injury but will be ready for week 1.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-17, 10:02 PM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: The Hive
Posts: 30,064
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, not, every team scored and scored often on Sidney. QB is really good, but there was no organized offense. Sidney threw the ball up for grabs on probably half their plays.
Uh, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I said only one team scored on their 'starting' defense, which was fact. My source is far more reliable than you. You talk out of your behind so much it's unreal. Last season you said Sidney didn't have a good RB and yet Bowser broke numerous school records and earned a Big Ten offer. Your analysis is garbage and always has been.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-17, 01:02 AM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,820
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Wow. I didn't know the jacket had it in him. Hats off to you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-13-17, 09:20 AM
Captain Awesome Captain Awesome is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-09
Posts: 1,195
Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Hoser who is Edgewoods QB, didn't the presumed starter after Reckart and White left have to have Tommy John from a baseball injury?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-13-17, 10:30 AM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Uh, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I said only one team scored on their 'starting' defense, which was fact. My source is far more reliable than you. You talk out of your behind so much it's unreal. Last season you said Sidney didn't have a good RB and yet Bowser broke numerous school records and earned a Big Ten offer. Your analysis is garbage and always has been.
Uh, sorry, stinger, I just tell it the way I see it. Massie scored at least 5 times on Sidney, so the no2 defense must have played a lot. Uh I don't remember Bowser from the scrimmage last year and he didn't play yesterday.The fact of the matter is Sidney had no offense and did throw the ball up for grabs almost half the time.Uh 4-6 at best for Sidney.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-13-17, 10:37 AM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Hoser who is Edgewoods QB, didn't the presumed starter after Reckart and White left have to have Tommy John from a baseball injury?
Uh, senior Nick Noble was slated to be the QB this season. 3 sport letterman and probably the best athlete in the school.Unfortunately hurt his arm pitching and had tommy John surgery. Cleared to play defense, but no throwing. We don't have a no1` QB yet, both kids played a lot yesterday. Plays were just to slow to develop and both QBs were shakey handling the ball. The bigger kid is really fast and is a great DB.Has never played QB before but is a talented kid.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-13-17, 10:44 AM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple option View Post
Good turn out today, lots of fans and schools scouting. Hoser, i read on a site Edgewood returned 9 starters on defense and 0 on offense is that right? Sydney's qb seemed like the real deal, blowing the whistle early kinda sucked tho. Milfords qb wasnt half bad either stood tall in the pocket and slung it. As for Massie, these 3 teams i believe is a better gauge of where they are...some reps and tweeking and i think they will make a run barring any injurys. The MLB is a beast looking for a big year from him, held that position since he was a freshman. They had another captain on the sideline who is another big time player on defense nursing a injury but will be ready for week 1.
Uh Edgewood returned 7 starters on defense, but the 4 kids they lost were the leaders on defense hard to replace.Milford looked like a different team to me. Much better and well organized. They might surprise people this season although their league is loaded this year. LB from Massie looks like a bigtime recruit to me, tough, fast, athletic kid.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-13-17, 05:03 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Uh, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I said only one team scored on their 'starting' defense, which was fact. My source is far more reliable than you. You talk out of your behind so much it's unreal. Last season you said Sidney didn't have a good RB and yet Bowser broke numerous school records and earned a Big Ten offer. Your analysis is garbage and always has been.
Uh your defense saw 60 plays run against them, and the 1s only gave up one score? Uh sorry, 15 yard penalty for selective memory. Uh Massie who was by far the best team there and was the best defense there, gave up way more than one score.Uh wish I could talk out of my behind would be a millionaire instead of handsome and the worlds best ladies man.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-13-17, 05:16 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Uh, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I said only one team scored on their 'starting' defense, which was fact. My source is far more reliable than you. You talk out of your behind so much it's unreal. Last season you said Sidney didn't have a good RB and yet Bowser broke numerous school records and earned a Big Ten offer. Your analysis is garbage and always has been.
Uh, keep in mind the offenses started on 35 yardline , one medium range pass from a score and no reason to run the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-13-17, 07:04 PM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: The Hive
Posts: 30,064
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
You don't even know who the starters are so your argument is null and void from the start. I'm not wasting my time on you.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-13-17, 07:11 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
You don't even know who the starters are so your argument is null and void from the start. I'm not wasting my time on you.
Uh the Sidney QB is a great player. Did not see the running back, but I did see the O-line and the D-line for Sidney. Uh not very good. Football games are won at the line of scrimmage, you guys are in trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-13-17, 07:31 PM
CMorris_99 CMorris_99 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-19-09
Posts: 199
CMorris_99 is on a distinguished road
Hoser, were you at the same scrimmage I was. Edgewood is the one in big trouble. They had major problems on offense. No big play ability and slow developing plays. Defense was fast but not very tough. I do understand that they graduated a big senior class though. If I were to rank the 4 teams I would say Massie, Milford, Sydney then Edgewood. Syndey may have been better than Milford if their RB played. I do agree with the fact that Sydney was less impressive than I thought they would be.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-13-17, 07:42 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorris_99 View Post
Hoser, were you at the same scrimmage I was. Edgewood is the one in big trouble. They had major problems on offense. No big play ability and slow developing plays. Defense was fast but not very tough. I do understand that they graduated a big senior class though. If I were to rank the 4 teams I would say Massie, Milford, Sydney then Edgewood. Syndey may have been better than Milford if their RB played. I do agree with the fact that Sydney was less impressive than I thought they would be.
Uh I agree Edgewood was really slow on offense and could not run the ball at all. Sidney was a train wreck. No offense and no defense. Uh Edgewood may be in trouble, it all depends on the QB play.Edgewood seemed out of sync the whole scrimmage. Uh people really didn't understand how good Drew Reckhart was last season. Best QB in the history of the school.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-14-17, 01:09 AM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: The Hive
Posts: 30,064
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
It amuses me how much stock people put in scrimmages. I've seen my fair share of "impressive" scrimmage teams end up sub .500 by the end of the season. There's no reason to tip your hand to week 1 scouts and run anything but vanilla offense in scrimmages.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-14-17, 12:01 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
It amuses me how much stock people put in scrimmages. I've seen my fair share of "impressive" scrimmage teams end up sub .500 by the end of the season. There's no reason to tip your hand to week 1 scouts and run anything but vanilla offense in scrimmages.
Uh, please name one school and the year you saw this 'impressive' team end up sub 500.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-14-17, 04:08 PM
Riverman Riverman is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-27-14
Posts: 123
Riverman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple option View Post
Good turn out today, lots of fans and schools scouting. Hoser, i read on a site Edgewood returned 9 starters on defense and 0 on offense is that right? Sydney's qb seemed like the real deal, blowing the whistle early kinda sucked tho. Milfords qb wasnt half bad either stood tall in the pocket and slung it. As for Massie, these 3 teams i believe is a better gauge of where they are...some reps and tweeking and i think they will make a run barring any injurys. The MLB is a beast looking for a big year from him, held that position since he was a freshman. They had another captain on the sideline who is another big time player on defense nursing a injury but will be ready for week 1.
Hey Triple I didn't make to the scrimmage, all this QB talk. I want to know about Massie's new QB. any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-14-17, 05:08 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Hey Triple I didn't make to the scrimmage, all this QB talk. I want to know about Massie's new QB. any thoughts?
Uh, if Massie can defeat Coldwater, I see an Undefeated regular season for Massie. It will come down to Massie and Wyoming in this district. Uh I will be at that game.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-14-17, 05:14 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorris_99 View Post
Hoser, were you at the same scrimmage I was. Edgewood is the one in big trouble. They had major problems on offense. No big play ability and slow developing plays. Defense was fast but not very tough. I do understand that they graduated a big senior class though. If I were to rank the 4 teams I would say Massie, Milford, Sydney then Edgewood. Syndey may have been better than Milford if their RB played. I do agree with the fact that Sydney was less impressive than I thought they would be.
Uh Sidney was a train wreck. Uh looked like they were making up plays on the field. Uh I do agree Edgewood is in trouble. Offense is totally out of sync, timing is awful. QB center exchange was awful and threw off the timing on every play. Uh, sorry to say I see 5-5 or 6-4 this season.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-14-17, 05:19 PM
flash18 flash18 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-14-17
Posts: 11
flash18 is on a distinguished road
Massie Qb ran the option well. He made good decisions and as most know Massie will rely on the running game. Massie did have a receiver that looked fast and they hooked up a few times. Overall from what I saw they will be fine at Qb.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-14-17, 05:24 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash18 View Post
Massie Qb ran the option well. He made good decisions and as most know Massie will rely on the running game. Massie did have a receiver that looked fast and they hooked up a few times. Overall from what I saw they will be fine at Qb.
Uh, if Massie can defeat Coldwater, they will finish 10-0. Massies league is a joke. Cin Wyoming is out there , it will come down to those 2 teams.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-14-17, 06:25 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorris_99 View Post
Hoser, were you at the same scrimmage I was. Edgewood is the one in big trouble. They had major problems on offense. No big play ability and slow developing plays. Defense was fast but not very tough. I do understand that they graduated a big senior class though. If I were to rank the 4 teams I would say Massie, Milford, Sydney then Edgewood. Syndey may have been better than Milford if their RB played. I do agree with the fact that Sydney was less impressive than I thought they would be.
Uh, sorry to say, looks like a 5-5 season. Kids way to slow especially on offense. Team was out of sync the whole scrimmage. Uh just goes to show you JV success, does not mean Varsity wins.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-14-17, 06:42 PM
triple option triple option is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 81
triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Hey Triple I didn't make to the scrimmage, all this QB talk. I want to know about Massie's new QB. any thoughts?
Have to agree with flash 18. In my opinion, Overall looked good, biggest concern was he put the ball on the ground a couple times. After that in the passing game looked like to me he was behind on some of the throws. Little quicker on the release and i think it will look sharper. Id also like to see the ball threw harder on some of the shorter stuff. A slant was there and the slow toss gave the defender some time to make up and knock it down. I think he had 2 picks on the day the last play against Sydney would have went for six. Good thing is that this stuff can be fixed. And to his credit he had a few touchdown passes that looked good for deep balls.
As far as the running game (other than the fumbles) he was very good. Fairly Elusive with descent speed and good fakes. Couple bad reads on the triple option but still good for 1st varsity action. I'm sure he ran for more than a couple touchdowns one being a broken play and another off a scramble from a pass play. From what i know of the kid he loves the game, so i see him only getting better as the year goes on.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-14-17, 06:52 PM
triple option triple option is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-01-14
Posts: 81
triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, if Massie can defeat Coldwater, I see an Undefeated regular season for Massie. It will come down to Massie and Wyoming in this district. Uh I will be at that game.
Agreed Coldwater will be a early season test for sure. I believe they feel the same way with their headcoach present scouting at the quad scrimmage. New Richmond may be the biggest foe in the league. As far as region, Wyoming will be tough no doubt, not sure we can count out Valley View either, lots of returners there also.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-14-17, 07:04 PM
hoser hoser is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 08-19-13
Location: shangra-lah
Posts: 7,394
hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple option View Post
Agreed Coldwater will be a early season test for sure. I believe they feel the same way with their headcoach present scouting at the quad scrimmage. New Richmond may be the biggest foe in the league. As far as region, Wyoming will be tough no doubt, not sure we can count out Valley View either, lots of returners there also.
Uh, I would say, the only team capable to defeat Massie is Wyoming.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-15-17, 06:59 AM
Pull-to-Trap Pull-to-Trap is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-15
Posts: 248
Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Sidney was a train wreck. Uh looked like they were making up plays on the field. Uh I do agree Edgewood is in trouble. Offense is totally out of sync, timing is awful. QB center exchange was awful and threw off the timing on every play. Uh, sorry to say I see 5-5 or 6-4 this season.
Edgewood is having some growing pains as a result of running through three dudes at QB and center each. The sooner the better that they settle on these two positions and get those guys practicing every play together. Can't have a new center and new QB and expect synchronicity from the first snap.

Craft will be fine at QB. He's been doing this since the third grade. He will gain confidence and settle in as he adjusts to the new game speed he will experience. They have a strong running game to help him out and the defense should help with favorable field position. Hopefully.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-15-17, 11:47 AM
bucks_27 bucks_27 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 17
bucks_27 is on a distinguished road
Although, I will never ever stick up for the coaching staff at Sidney, the starters played RARELY and that is a fact. They were tossing the ball deep because they have a new deep threat they are working on. Bowser did not play, because he doesn't need to. Why risk an injury? He has nothing to prove. Andre played a little more due to the fact he missed 9 games last year.
They were mixing on the lines a lot, A LOT!
Get your stuff together before you start judging. Just because you wee there, means nothing if you don't even know who the starters are besides the QB and RB. I mean, with your logic the Bengals will make the superbowl because they won a 1st scrimmage the other night, right???
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Edgewood Open Mats Sweep Wrestling 4 07-07-17 02:47 PM
Edgewood Teaching Positions Sweep Wrestling 3 05-29-17 08:20 AM
Genoa High School January 16th Quad GHSWRESTLING Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 1 05-17-17 10:51 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz