Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-24-17, 11:32 AM
Junior Varsity

MikeSkripac is on a distinguished road
13U tryouts - Youngstown - Ohio Steel

We are entering our 3rd year in 2018 as a quality independent team and we have 9 returning players so we are looking for 2 more. We offer the highest level of training, a group of top-notch families and kids, and we coach and play the right way with good sportsmanship. I am the head coach and this will be my 15th year coaching. We play in tournaments from mid April through mid July taking a weekend off here and there to rest. Our philosophy is to travel as little as we have too while making sure we play at a high competition level since we are a higher level team. We tend to play 2 or 3 tourneys in cities such as Sandusky or Columbus that allow the boys to have a fun overnight tournament while we play against good competition. All parents have input on decisions such as scheduling. Indoor practices are at YSU WATT center, a private facility in Struthers, and Sluggers in north Lima with the possibility of adding a larger infield facility in New Castle once per week since we will play on 80 foot bases with a 54 foot mound which is ideal for 13. Outdoor practices are in Salem and Campbell. Next year we will let our basketball players finish their school season and start our full indoor season workout schedule 3 days per week in mid February. There will be opportunities to have additional optional workouts before mid February if desired. We are looking for players that are flexible on defense with good speed since we are retaining our corner infielders with less speed, and of course you could never have too much pitching. I feel we balance playing time with competitiveness about as well as can be done. We played all players all game long every pool play game this year. During about 75% of the elimination games we trimmed the line-up to 9 but played all players at least 1/2 game. The cost is simply what our true costs are divided up by 11 families with no coaches' fees or other hidden fees. I would guess that indoor facilities, tourney fees, uniforms with helmets and bags, umpire fees (scrimmages), and any other cost we decide to create as a group will add up to no more than $1200 per family next year. We play in competitive tournaments and we finished with 6 1st place and 4 2nd place finishes in 17 tournaments (that finished) in our first two years so players need a high level of ability to make our team. Call Mike at 330-550-2625 to discuss your son and the team and decide if we want to set up a personal tryout. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-17, 11:24 AM
Junior Varsity

13U tryouts - Youngstown - Ohio Steel

I have a boy coming for a tryout Monday at 5pm. If anyone wants to join please call me as I would love to do a few at once. 330-550-2625 Thanks, Mike
Old 08-13-17, 10:31 AM
Junior Varsity

We have had a few tryouts but have not given any firm offers yet so we still have 2 spots open. This is a high level well run team that focuses on development... a great opportunity for a good athlete that loves baseball. Please call the manager Mike at 330-550-2625 if you are interested in our 2018 season. Thanks.